Chapter 10 – The Death List
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["The Death List"]

{Planet: Earth}
{Country: U.S.A.}
{Current American State: Florida}

Susan: Well...We came this far. Our supplies are low. Our credits are also low. And we must find some, quick. This will take some time...but I hope one day we have enough to buy equipment, be stronger and ready to avenge father's death.

Zeon: Susan...

Susan: I know Z'. No worries. I'll be fine. We've got work to do.

Zeon: I mean...Where are we going to start? I don't think there's any job that pays well for an android and a Rexian that just came to the planet...

Susan: Then we'll have to go underground.

Zeon: You mean...

Susan: Yes.

Zeon: Okay. And where are we going to start looking, exactly?

Susan: I know of a place. I've been to Earth at least twice when working with the Blue Lions. That's why I came to Florida in particular. The place we're going isn't far from our position.

Zeon: You seem to know enough, Susan.

Susan: Yeah. Some things I wish I didn't. Anyway. Follow me. Keep close and don't start any fights where we are headed.

Zeon: Acknowledged.

"After some time, the two reach an infamous area. They proceed to an underground entrance. Once close, they see someone next to the door. He appears to be guarding the place"

Zeon: That must be the guard. I can take him out if----

Susan: No. I said no fights. Let me handle this.

"Susan approaches the guard. He sees her and he seems ready to draw a weapon"

Susan: Good afternoon.

"The guard takes a while, but after a more closer look, he proceeds to talk"

Guard: Good afternoon...Have you heard of the Red Blade?

Susan: The blade is on the far east side, opposite the northern gold shield.

"The guard seems sceptical. But after a few careful looks, he grants entrance"

Guard: Very well. You may proceed.

"Susan and Zeon proceed inside. The area is filled with infamous gangsters, wanted criminals and drug dealers"

Zeon: What the hell is this place?

Susan: Trust me when I say you don't want to know. Ugh and of course...always the same insufferable stench.

Zeon: Good thing I can't smell anything. So, who are we searching for?

Susan: Geren Lois. The "head" of this branch. The Red Blades. Most infamous underdogs of the US.

Zeon: Wait. This is just a branch?

Susan: Indeed. And he is in charge around here. All we have to do is find him and ask for information on some of his bounties. You see, the only way for someone to claim a bounty is either to have a connection or know him directly, but that's mainly gang and drug lords, or...offer him something of value to gain access to the "death list".

Zeon: A "death list". I can see now. But I think he's going to ask for many and we don't even have much. How exactly are we going to get anything out of him?

Susan: With this.

"Susan briefly shows Zeon of an old amulet"

Zeon: What importance does this amulet have?

Susan: That belonged to the leader of the Blue Lions. I grabbed it when I left. I knew it was going to come in handy someday. And that asshole needs it, more than anyone.

Zeon: Right. So I guess today is the day?

Susan: Yes.

"Susan approaches a reinforced door. She sees a guard next to it"

Guard: Now, where do you think you're going? Do you have permission?

Susan: Tell your boss that Susan Rain of the Blue Lions is here to make an offer.

Guard: Hm. Wait right here.

"The guard, then, went inside to inform his superior. After some seconds, he opens the door"

Guard: Come in.

"Once in, they can see a middle-aged man with sub-robotic arms and a green robotic left eye"

Susan: Hello...Geren.

Geren: ...Susan...Rain. What a most wonderful surprise.

Susan: Happy to see me, G'?

Geren: Oh. You can bet on that! I've been told that you are here with an..."offer".

Susan: Indeed.

Geren: Oh? But what could YOU have that would interest ME?

Susan: How about this.

"Susan places the amulet on Geren's desk"

Geren: ...The---The amulet. How did you get it? Where did you find it? Do you know what I've been through with your "Lions" to accuire one of these? Now, tell me!

Susan: Long story. This is none of your concern. Now. You want it or not?

"Geren comes close and takes a better look at it"

Geren: For you to come here and bring me this...Oh, you must definitely want something. Something...pricey.

Susan: How about...you help me make some money? I think I know you're offering bounties on high-targeted people. I just only want a chance to claim one...

Geren: Smart girl. You always were, Susan. You always were...

Susan: So...the target. And the bounty.

Geren: You are lucky...miss Rain. This month's death list has something "unique"...in it. Not to mention the credits, of course.

Susan: What do you mean?

Geren: The targets...are not ordinary high-targeted people. Your bounties are two certain twins...Names are Rejar and Reyna Frost.

Susan: What's different about them?

Geren: Ah, it's almost laughable, really. Were you in Rexus Prime, recently?

Susan: Quite...why?

Geren: Those two...stopped Victus right in the heart of the big planet. Weapons of...mass destruction...and such. An admiral even made a public speech about them.

Susan: Sorry, Geren. Didn't have time to watch the news. I had my own problems.

Geren: Well, a fair warning then. They won't be easy. In fact...they are probably one of the hardest targets out there. Not even the legendary Chang Wuan managed to defeat them.

Susan: Wait. Chang Wuan? As in, the most fearsome bounty hunter in the solar system?

Geren: Exactly. Now he probably lies dead somewhere in Mars...at least from what I heard.

Susan: Whatever. They don't scare me. I faced tougher threats.

Zeon: Don't worry Susan. I doubt they are going to be a match for us.

Geren: Ah, of course. The Z' series. I'm very happy to see one of these. I heard production was cancelled after some...incident [smiles].

Susan: Yes...Anyway. Thank you for the list. Come on Z'. Let's go for some hunting.

Geren: Good luck miss Rain. And be aware...you're not the only ones after them! The competition is quite big!

"Geren laughed venomously as Susan and Zeon were exiting the area"

Zeon: I don't like this guy, Susan.

Susan: Yeah. Me neither. Let me check the price. It's bound to be high.

"Susan sees the contract"

Susan: Wow! 100 million credits? Damn, those two must have really messed with the wrong people. No wonder why they sent Chang Wuan.

Zeon: 100 million? I mean...That's a lot of credits! Wait. It is...isn't it?

Susan: Oh you bet. I don't care how they messed with Victus and got that fat bounty, but once we claim it, we're going to prepare and be ready to take revenge.

Zeon: I feel your pain, Susan. But with that many credits...you can start your own life and be free.

Susan: And that's coming from a combat android? Huh. I really messed up with your programming. Didn't I?

Zeon: Or we could...try and kill Victus once and for all.

Susan: Now, that...sounds better. Now. Let's go to our targets. Shall we?

Zeon: But it says they're on London. Isn't that quite far from here?

Susan: Yeah. But we have just enough money to be transported there. And enough food to make the trip. Won't take us more than five hours, tops.

Zeon: Well, let's hope their last known location doesn't change that much after five hours time.

Susan: Relax. With that bounty, this meter is going to refresh every hour or so. At least for the coming days, that is. Can't know what'll happen next.

Zeon: Well, then. Shall we?

Susan: Sure thing Z'. Let's go.

Zeon: Next stop, Florida International. And...London after that.

Susan: Zeon, stop talking already and let's move!

Zeon: Copy that! Sorry.

"After a few hours, Susan and Zeon arrived at London where their target's last known location is"

Susan: Alright. We're here. We've got a gun...and some ammo.

Zeon: Mine are half-empty. Just a reminder.

Susan: Right. I don't think we need anything else. Here take this. Scan it.

"Zeon scans the tracking module"

Susan: Found anything?

Zeon: Uh...Yeah. It's refreshed.

Susan: Where to?

Zeon: Dockbay 9A. To the cruise docks, just south-east from here. Lower levels.

Susan: Great. Nice. It's not far from here either. Hopefully they'll still be there. Let's go.

"A few minutes later, Susan and Zeon arrive at the Docking Bay"

Susan: Alright, Z'. Scan the area. See if you can find any signatures coming from bay 9A.

Zeon: Copy that. Yup, there seem to be two people inside. 95% chances it's them.

Susan: Nice. Let's move.

"They both move closer to their targets. Once close enough, they hide behind some crates and wait..."

Susan: One more scan buddy. Is it them?

Zeon: One moment...Yes this is them. 100% match.

Susan: Great. The bounty said dead or alive. How do you want this to play out Z'?

Zeon: Well, I'm made to kill.

Susan: And protect...But oh well. Guns it is. Let's not alert them too soon, though. They might have security. Or who knows what else.

"As Susan and Zeon slowly walk towards them, they see guys coming from all directions with guns, aiming at the twins"

Susan: What the---

Zeon: Is that? More bounty hunters?

Susan: Well...Not sure if they're "bounty hunters" exactly but...Geren said there'd be some competition.

Zeon: Oh. Those are a lot of guys coming their way...

Susan: Hah. And you know what's best, Z'? I doubt they're all in the same group.

Zeon: Which means?

Susan: Which means...we're going to have some fun!

"Meanwhile, Rj and Reyna seem to be calibrating their ship"

Reyna: Rj. Bring me the generator. I need to see if this old model fits our new ship. Have it for reserve. You know.

Rj: Which one is it?

Reyna: The blue one.

Rj: Uh...Ah. Ok. Coming!

Reyna: Ah, damn it. Rj...where the fuck are you? RJ! R---

"Reyna turns towards Rj's position only to see that a bunch of people with guns are aiming at him"

Rj: Um. Rey? Bad timing.

Reyna: Ah...Not this shit again.

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter: Hey look! We've got the jackpot guys! The London Snakes are ready for some millions!

"Faithless" Bounty Hunter: What? No you don't! This is our booty! This bounty belongs to us, the "Faithless"!

"Zebra" Bounty Hunter: The Faithless? Haha! Is this how you call your gang? The twins are ours for the capture! Let's show them Zebras!

"Crown" Bounty Hunter: You even hear what you're saying puto? These punks are ours! Crowns forever!

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter: THE CROWNS! HAHAHA! THE LADY CROWNS!

Susan: Oh, this should be turned into a movie!

Reyna: Rj...You know what? I think it's time for...you know.

Rj: Yup. On the count of 3...One...

"Crown" Bounty Hunter: Hey take that back, puto! You're a dead man!

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter: Oh. OH - OH! Oh I'm scared now!

Reyna: Two...

"Zebra" Bounty Hunter: How about we just shoot all of you and be done with this? How does that sound?

Rj: THREE!

"Rj and Reyna start firing and throwing smoke and flash grenades, when at the same time they run for cover inside their ship"

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter: WHAT THE---OPEN FIRE!

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter 2: TO WHO?

"London Snakes" Bounty Hunter: EVERYONE WHO ISN'T ON OUR SIDE YOU MORONS!

"Zebra" Bounty Hunter: Get them! Then get the twins!

"A huge firefight breaks out between the lesser gangs"

Susan: Damn I wish I had pop-corns. Okay, Zeon. Time to make a move!

Reyna: Rj! Start the engine. We need to move.

Rj: Fuck. We don't have any ammo left. Got any guns there sis?

Reyna: Just an empty 10mm. What matters now is to get our ship flying again so we can head back to HQ and give them those Rexian positions on Jupiter that we located!

Rj: Right...yes. Jupiter. I---Wait...Are they trying to break the door?

"Rj hears noises coming from the ship's door, as if someone is trying to break it"

Reyna: I think they are. Come let's fix this thing.

Rj: Well at least we are safe in here.

"All of a sudden, Susan drops down"

Susan: Not for long, you're not!

Reyna: What? Who are you?

Rj: The fuck? How did you get in?

Susan: Next time, close the airlock.

"Susan aims at Rj. He quickly grabs her gun and pushes her to the wall"

Rj: Not so tough now, are you?!

Susan: Zeon!

Rj: Huh?

"Zeon comes down from the roof breaking it in half"

Reyna: WHAT THE HELL? HOW DID HE?

"Zeon then grabs Rj and throws him at the other side of the ship"

Rj: AGHH! Darn it...that...hurt!

Reyna: Rj are you alright?

Rj: DO I LOOK ALRIGHT TO YOU REYNA? Do something!

Susan: Ready to submit yet?

Reyna: Hah! You wish!

"Reyna jumps into the fight. She tries to hit Zeon. He grabs her by the arm and pulls her up. Zeon then throws her away and pulls his gun out. He aims at the twins"

Susan: Ah. Sweet smell of victory. Can you smell the credits Zeon? I can!

Reyna: Wait!

Susan: Any last words, is it?

Reyna: I just need to know who's side are you two on.

Susan: No one's side. We're just here for the money.

Reyna: Just for money? And what do you plan to do with it? You eliminate us and the whole EUF army will be after you. Except if you're working for that scum, Victus. Then it makes sense.

Susan: Just for the record...I'm not on Victus's side. I'm just...trying to find a way to avenge my father's death with his. I'm going to need plans, gear, equipment. You know how that goes. Now if you don't have any more thoughts to share, I ---

Reyna: So you hate Victus as much as we do. This guy is always after us. No guess who sponsored the bounty on our heads. He has his 'minions' working here. Trying to get every single one of his opponents out. He even sent Chang Wuan at us!

Rj: Yeah. You are after the wrong people if you need your revenge! Killing us will solve nothing! Once Victus hears that we are done for, he will order his men to execute you.

Reyna: Exactly! We are trying to get this man like you do!

Rj: Listen. We can work together. If you want some money to live with, we got you covered! We can even help you take a job at EUF's military for Christ's sake! But we are on your side ! We are your friends. Your allies!

Susan: I...I don't know. Why should we trust you?

Reyna: Because right now...we're the only ones you CAN trust. All the others will get rid of you once we're out.

Susan: I---

Reyna: Please...We're not your enemies.

Zeon: Susan?

Susan: Ah, fuck! We're not fucking murderers...

Zeon: Is what they're saying right?

Susan: I fucking believe so.

Rj: We promise you. We can help you.

Susan: Ah...My head. I...Ah, sorry. I'm sorry, okay? You're right. I...I don't know what to say...

"Susan lowers her gun. It seemed that she is persuaded from the twins as they have a common goal. Meanwhile, the firefight can still be heard outside"

Reyna: Look. You dont need to say a word. Just help us fly this thing up. More hunters will be coming our way. Don't even know how they found us. But that doesn't matter now. What matters is that we get to our HQ. But trust me...there are many others who have fallen victims to Victus's anarchy over Rexus Prime.

Zeon: One thing is for sure Susan. I can see truth in their words. No doubt about that.

Susan: Yeah...Alright twins. We'll help you. But only if you promise to help us as well.

Rj: Of course. Now can you please help US? I can't really move well. Your robot broke my ribs!

"Suddenly, the door opens slightly. Some thugs manage to get inside"

Bounty Hunter: Hey you!

"Reyna quickly fires a shot and kills the one who was in"

Reyna: Fuck ,they almost got inside. You two cover us. Don't let them in the ship. We'll have this baby flying in no time.

"Susan and Zeon fight off the hunters that are trying to break into the ship"

Susan: Just for the record guys! Our ammunition is almost gone! I hope you're doing fine back there!

Reyna: No worries! I'm almost done! Ah, there you go! Okay! It's done!

"Finally the twins ready the ship up and are flying away to the EUF's HQ. The threat is no more"

Susan: Hey look. We're...sorry for before. Didn't know what you were actually trying to do.

Reyna: No worries. Thanks for your help. We were trying to fix this ship to go to the new EUF HQ because we gathered some information about Rexian positions in Jupiter a few days ago. They sent us a message to report there. Our work is about to change for good, I think. Our friend, the Admiral, sent us the message. Said it was urgent we report to the commander in charge.

Rj: Yeah. Like, the things we do...we do it for money, because we've gotta make our living somehow. But also for the greater good. Or at least, that's what we say to ourselves. I...saw how this man treated his own. And I know that after years of war...this...is the one that actually has a purpose. If we win it...we free everyone...

Reyna: Well we didn't even have time to introduce ourselves. Um...I'm Reyna. And that's my brother Rj.

Susan: I'm Susan. Currently an escapee from Rexus Prime. Or hunted...rather. That's Zeon. Originally an android type Z-O94. But I...did some fixes...and he is like a human now. Can really feel, laugh, speak in full sentences and the rest.

Zeon: Indeed I can. And I thank you for that ,Susan. Thought I think I still need some "calibration", mind you.

Susan: So it's off to the HQ then?

Rj: Yeah.

Susan: You think they will accept us?

Reyna: No worries. I will inform David Morgan, the "friend" I told you about. The admiral. I will put in a good word for you two. EUF always needs more hands to help. And given how good you both seem to be at stealth, break-ins and fighting...this won't even be a problem.

Rj: Heh. You can say that again.

Susan: Yeah well. You had some awesome moves as well. Ain't that right, Z'?

Zeon: Sure is.

Rj: You know what guys? I think this is the start of a really good friendship!

0