Chapter 12 – Party Time
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Party Time"]

{Loaction: 301st HQ}
{Planet: Earth}
{Time 4:00pm}

"Rj walks in the training room. Susan is already up and training"

Rj: Hey.

Susan: Oh. Hi. Didn't see you there.

Rj: Yeah. No, I just came. Woke up 20 mins ago. Thought I'd get some practice.

Susan: Yeah? Well...You can practise with me.

Rj: What was that by the way? What you were doing, I mean. The..."Karate" stuff.

Susan: It's called "Kata". It's a series of moves done against an imaginary opponent.

Rj: Really? And what can one achieve by doing just a bunch of moves in the air?

Susan: [Smiles] It strengthens the body, helps open your mind, improves your flexibility...Gives you balance. And much more.

Rj: Oh well. Want to...do some simulation combat with me? You know. Without hitting the air.

Susan: Why not? How many enemies?

Rj: Set it to max.

Susan: Ooh. Ok then. Here we go!

"After a while"

Susan: Rj , you got my back?

Rj: I'm pretty sure you had MY back!

Susan: What? Why would I do that? There are cyborgs onto me! You have a clear line of fire!

Rj: What clear line of fire? Those guys are blocking my way...I can't just---

Susan: Watch out!

"A grenade hits Rj. The simulation ends"

Rj: Hey, don't look at me like that. I...had better days.

Susan: I'm sure you did.

"Meanwhile , Reyna comes down to the training room"

Reyna: Hey. Guys! Where have you been? Welkings needs us all for briefing.

Rj: What? How long were we on this simulation?

Susan: Wow. Look at that. Like...2 hours!

Reyna: Yeah, I'm glad you guys spent time with each other, but as you all know, we've got bad guys to defeat. So gear on and hurry!

Rj: Relax. We'll be there in 10 mins.

Susan: Nice fighting though'. If you exempt that grenade at the end...You have some pretty nice moves.

Rj: Can say the same for you.

"Rj and Susan smile"

Reyna: Right. Come on. Let's go.

"Some minutes later the team gathered for the briefing"

Welkings: You showed up? Good. Take a sit. We can finally begin the briefing. As you all know, Jupiter and Neptune are still under Rexian control. Jupiter's defences are weak. Most of the soldiers there have been transported to Rexus Prime. Thus an invasion on Jupiter is now possible. Looks like Victus knew he was going to lose the planet one way or another. Simply because it's too deep to our area of control. And he doesn't have the means to hold it any longer. But you are, instead, headed to Neptune.

Rj: So what's the plan?

Welkings: It's simple. There is a space station at Neptune guarded with a shield generator that is activated through a signal from the radio station at the planet's terraformed surface. Their frigates and ground forces will be no match for our invasion fleet. The shield generator is well fortified and made with hard titanium, so it will be impossible for a small team to blow it up with normal charges. In that case you'll have to disable it via the radio control station which is located nearby.

Max: That all sound easy enough. But what about Jupiter?

Welkings: I was going to get to that. See we have been secretly preparing another assault force. Smaller this time , to invade Jupiter. Since it has no space defences and only but a few Rexian soldiers stationed there, we'll have no problem taking it back. Admiral David Morgan will be in charge of this invasion.

Rj: Heh. Nice. Morgan's doing fine looks like.

Susan: So, that's all? All we have to do is sneak in and disable the shield generator for you to invade the planet? Sounds simple.

Welkings: Trust me, it's not. The ground defences on Neptune are quite strong. You can't just sneak in. You'll have to enter the planet fast. But you won't be alone.

Kate: I'm hearing planetary boarding parties coming , guys.

Welkings: That's right Jewel. Light and Medium transports will be accompanying you to the ground as well as a few frigates and corvettes to distract the enemy ships. I doubt that half of our assault party will even survive the fire from space. But all we need is you six to do the work. Sacrifices must be made, unfortunately. Your time will be limited. You'll have approximately 30 minutes after you hit the surface, until heavy enemy reinforcements come your way. The Landing Zone is very close to your objective. You'll have to hurry. Also, be prepared to face fierce resistance once you hit the ground, as well.

Rj: Copy.

Susan: Got it.

Welkings: After you deactivate the shield you'll have to signal the rest our assault fleet. We'll hyper jump our way there and assault in no time. We can't risk taking all our fleet in one go because of any enemy ambushes. If that's the case, however, you will all retreat. If all goes well and the shields are down, we'll send more troops to the ground. The main assault force, in other words.

Reyna: I think we will have to escape the planet as soon as the invasion starts. Not to mention the thousands of reinforcements that will be coming after us. How exactly are we going to be transported out safely?

Welkings: I've got this all covered. It's simple really. Once the invasion starts, we'll send small pickup vessels at your coordinates. But...you'll have to wait until they come. Act fast once they arrive. They won't take long.

Reyna: Alright.

Susan: Yeah, I think we're going to be alright.

Zeon: I estimate we have about 60% chances of making this a success. And about 35% chances of us staying alive.

Rj: Yeah. Add a little bit of optimism to that and I think we will manage.

Max: Say all you want. I just hope we don't get blown in those transport vessels by frigate fire or any...

Kate: Relax. It's going to be awesome! Besides, we'll hide in the back. Didn't you hear the commander?

Max: Whatever.

Welkings: Great. The "fun" starts tomorrow. Report to Staff Sergeant Browner at 12:00 PM exactly. He'll be your commanding Officer. You'll then suit up and board the vessels.

Rj: Ssgt Browner. You've got it.

Kate: I only hope they bring us many this time. Not like in Saturn. Friken 10...

Welkings: No worries Kate. It'll be six times that size.

Kate: Good. I'm glad to hear that.

Welkings: Agents, dismissed.

Rj: You guys ready for this?

Reyna: I don't know Rj. Seems to me they're putting us in the front lines very fast.

Rj : Yeah, well. We are mercenaries. I mean...non-commissioned agents. At least we'll have company. Say, guys. I have an idea.

Susan: What is it?

Rj: Since the fun starts tomorrow, I think we have enough time to hit a night club!

Reyna: Rj what are you..?

Rj: Hey. Listen to me. We are just starting to know each other. I think we should have some fun as a team!

Susan: You know what? I haven't had a good time since...ever, actually.

Reyna: Okay, I agree. Enough fighting for the last couple of weeks. I'm in. Your convincing skills are high this time. Unlike any other time.

Zeon: Hm. I'm curious to see how people have fun in the night. You can count me in.

Rj: Great. Then it's on. We're leaving in 10 o'clock sharp. I'm driving!

"So the team gets ready in their civilian clothes and leave for the club a few hours later"

{Location: Outside of 'Magic' night-club - USA - Washington DC}
{Time 10:00 PM}

Rj: Wow. Look at that!

Susan: This place is big ! What floor do you think is the fun?

Reyna: Probably the top ones.

Rj: Come let's head inside---

"Once at the door, a security guard stops them"

Security: Hold it. Your invitations please.

Rj: Invitations to what now?

Security: It's because of today's event. DJ-G is the special guest for today. I'm sorry. You can't pass without the invitations.

Reyna: Great. How are we going to get inside now?

Rj: I can just...shoot him.

Reyna: What? No ! This is only going to lead us to trouble!

Rj: Got any better ideas? What am I supposed to do? We came this far, now we gotta get inside.

Susan: Uh, guys?

Reyna: Just a moment Susie. I'm trying to think how we're going to get inside.

Rj: What? No. I AM trying to think how we're getting in.

Reyna: Are you crazy? Your plans are useless! I forbid you into taking the initiative!

Rj: Yeah. Whatever you say, mom!

Susan: GUYS!!!

Reyna: What?

Rj: What?

Susan: Zeon "found" a way.

"Suddenly, the guard is unconscious lying on the ground"

Rj: I suppose that works...too?

Reyna: Oh my God.

Susan: Come. Let's go.

"The team , then , headed inside. Loud pop and trap music was playing. Screams from the patrons could be heard too"

Rj: [Yelling] Look at this place! It's amazing!

Susan: Nice! I like it!

Reyna: I'm more into classic and jazz, but whatever.

Zeon: It's just a loop-beat. And everyone looks like they're hypnotised...well that is the only way to describe them for not moving other than brainless zombies...

Reyna: Hey where's the DJ?

Announcer: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Reyna: Never mind...

Announcer: GIVE A LOUD CHEER AND APPLAUSE FOR OUR SPECIAL GUEST!

"The crowd applauds and cheers"

Announcer: MR. DJ-G!

Dj-G: How are you people?! Are you ready to move?!

Zeon: About time someone asked...

"Suddenly the beat drops"

Rj: Hell yeah!

Zeon: I can't understand how you like this type of..."music".

Rj: Hey relax ! Go have some fun! Go chat a little bit. Maybe...with those girls over there.

"After a while, the team got seperated. Susan was with Reyna"

Susan: Hey where's Zeon?

Reyna: With Rj. I suppose.

"Suddenly, Rj came to them holding two glasses of beer"

Rj: Hey girls! Are you having fun?!

Susan: Hey Rj! Zeon's with you?

Rj: I told him to have a chat with someone!

Susan: You what?

"Meanwhile. While the music becomes less loud and a bit more...romantic"

Zeon: Excuse me.

Woman: [Looks at Zeon]...Yes?

Zeon: I was told to come chat with you.

"The woman looks confused"

Woman: Okay...

Zeon: I'm Zeon.

Person: Cleo.

Zeon: Nice. I'm chatting.

Woman: ...

Zeon: ...

"Back at the other group, Rj spots some girls passing by"

Rj: Ooh la-la! That came straight from the oven! Ghm...If you'll excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back. Hey ladies! I'm Rj!

Reyna: Yep. There he goes...again.

Susan: He does that in every club?

Reyna: Everywhere that has a good looking female. Like...every single time.

"As the two were talking, a young individual with short black hair and his friend approached the women"

Man: Hey there!

Susan: Oh hi!

Reyna: Hello.

Jay: I'm Jay, this is my friend Mark!

Mark: Hello there!

Susan: I'm Susan, This is Reyna!

Reyna: Su'!

Susan: What?

Jay: That's some beautiful names, ladies!

Mark: Hey Susan. I like your hair.

Susan: You do? Spent 1 hour making that style. Thanks!

Mark: Say..wanna go to the dance floor? I'm good at dancing, no worries.

Susan: Sure why not?

"Susan, then, looks at Reyna"

Susan: Sweet ! I'll be back in a bit!

Reyna: Yeah. Have fun Su'!

Jay: So. Reyna, huh? What a lovely name. I really like it.

Reyna: Great. We both do. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the restroom---

Jey: Ah...It's me right?

Reyna: Excuse me?

Jay: But what am I saying...of course it's me.

Reyna: What---

Jay: What is it? My face? My hair? My style maybe? My clothes? Do I smell?

Reyna: What? No...you---

Jay: I've been rejected about four times in this damn club. But never...to such a beautiful woman with such beautiful eyes.

Reyna: You...like my eyes?

Jay: Yeah. Excuse me, is there any problem with---

Reyna: No...No. Not at all. It's just... No one ever complimented me. Well...at least not like you did. Most will just come to me saying something like "HEY PRETTY FACE!" or "YO HONEY" or even a try-to-look-awesome sentence like "You fell from heaven babe? Because God called me for his missing angel". Waste of my time...really.

Jay: Why will anyone be so stupid? If you ask me, I'd say I'm the luckiest person in the whole universe to be talking with you.

"Reyna then starts to smile"

Reyna: ...Really?

Jay: Really.

"Everyone at the party had something to do and someone to talk or...dance to. About four hours later the group exited the building and was about to go home"

Rj: Now that was some party!

Susan: I had a great time. Thanks for everything guys!

Zeon: I can say I...chatted with someone. Who is...female.

Rj: How about you Rey?...Rey? Hey! Woo! Reyna? Are you alright?

"Reyna looked as though she was thinking about something"

Reyna: Wh...who me?

Rj: Yeah. You looked like you were lost for a moment.

Susan: Oh, I know ! I saw her for like two hours talking with this guy...um...Jay. Right?

Reyna: What? No, he---

Rj: Ooh! Reyna ! How was it? First boyfriend since...high school I think? Way to go, sis'!

Reyna: What? No. He's not my...boyfriend.

Susan: Rey. We're a team. And your friends. You can tell everything to us.

Rj: Yeah don't be shy sis'!

Reyna: Look I...

"Reyna starts to smile"

Rj: Oh-oh-oh! There it is everyone! The smile of truth!

Susan: You really liked this guy, didn't you?!

Reyna: I---he was...well. Let's say like no one I ever met. So gentle. So nice. So...awesome, really.

Rj: I'm happy for you Rey.

Susan: And how about you Rj?

Rj: Me? Oh you know. Hitting' on some girls.

Zeon: Like...you were hitting them? Isn't that an act of violence?

Rj: What?

"Susan and Reyna start laughing"

Rj: Zeon...we must really talk about some things...

0