Chapter 13 – Operation Neptune
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Operation Neptune"]

{Location: 301st HQ - Washington DC}
{Current location: Dock Bay}
{Time: 12:00pm}

Announcer: Everyone, report to your commander in charge. I repeat, report to your commander in charge immediately.

Rj: Well this is the day.

Reyna: Yup...

Susan: You guys ready?

Rj: Yeah.

Reyna: Yes.

Zeon: I am.

Rj: Wait, who was our commander in charge, again?

Reyna: We need to report to SSGT. Browner.

Rj: Right. Browner. That's right.

"The team arrives near their transport ship where SSGT. Browner is located"

Browner: Let me guess. You are the non-commissioned agents working with the 301st special agents, right?

Reyna: Indeed we are, Staff Sergeant.

Rj: Is this our transport?

Browner: Indeed it is. You'll be aboard this one along with me and a few other operators.

"At that time, Kate and Max arrive at the bay as well"

Kate: Oh great. There you all are.

Max: Nice. They're already here.

Reyna: Who else is going to come with us?

Browner: The 12th and 56th marine corps will be on these vessels as well. But we mostly need you, the operators and agents to pass through the planet's defences and complete the mission. So they'll create an opening...even if they don't know it directly.

Reyna: Great. So we are basically sacrificing half our company. Lives never mattered to you anyway...did they?

Browner: Miss Reyna Frost. This is war. And one must do whatever it takes. It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's just what needs to be done. Besides, I'm only following orders, not giving them. Now come aboard the vessel. We'll depart in a minute.

"The team got in. They were waiting to depart"

Rj: This isn't comfy at all.

Kate: What did you expect "your highness"? Maybe you wanted a meal as well? As you're getting ready to be shot at in space?

Max: Hey, Kate. Relax. If this vessel gets shot, we all die.

Kate: Yeah well, the robot will survive.

Zeon: Android.

Kate: Whatever...

Max: Nevertheless. We will be at the back. We're going to make it to the surface, be sure of that.

Kate: I don't worry about hitting the surface. I worry about getting out of there once it's all done.

Reyna: What do you mean?

Kate: Well let's say our transports are still intact once we reach the surface...and we do everything right and it's time to leave.

Susan: They said they'll be bringing fast transports to pick us up.

Kate: Do you actually believe we'll have that much time to wait for them? While being shot at by the thousand of Rexian soldiers and walkers coming towards us? Their main base isn't even far from the radio station. If we don't act fast enough, we're as good as dead. I say we just signed our death sentences...

Rj: War is nothing more but death sentences. We've just...learnt to have a plan B when everything goes wrong. Even though...we haven't directly been in a battlefield ourselves. But you know. It's mostly the same.

Kate: No...No it's not the same. You'll see the difference very soon.

"After some time, the escort fleet arrives near Neptune along with 60 smaller landing ships to hit the surface. The ships are carried by a larger transport frigate. Each frigate holds 20 smaller transports. Corvettes and fighters are also accompanying them to distract the enemy space force, in order for the transports to successfully get inside the planet"

Browner: OK chaps. Are you all ready? Are you ready to make Earth proud? Are you ready to kill?!

"EUF Marines all shout 'Hooah' "

Browner: Well this is your time. We have about 10 minutes before the Rexians up there realise we're coming. We'll just have to hurry to get everything done once we hit the surface. Everyone remember the mission?

"Everyone yells 'Aye aye, sir !' "

Browner: Alright then! Be sure to----

"Suddenly the transport took a hit and started shaking"

Rj: What the hell?

Max: Did they spot us already?

{{ Communications: On }}

EUF Frigate Captain: This is ERS [Earth's Royal Ship] "Hercules"! They've spotted us! We need to act quick! Release the small transports!

"All the transports from the frigates take off and start heading towards Neptune's atmosphere"

Driver 1: Guys. I can't hold it much longer----Ahh!

Driver 2: We lost power to the main engines! I repeat we----[static]----

Driver 3: This is hell over here! They're firing on us!

Browner: Damn it! They've spotted us. Okay, everyone. Brace yourselves. We're almost at the planet!

"Meanwhile. Back in base..."

Operator: Commander Welkings! Four out of 60 transports are gone already!

Welkings: What? How can it be? Tell them to divert all powers to the engines. We need to get there fast!

Operator: Yes, sir!

Driver 5: "Hercules", we're almost there!

Kate: Fuck! What's happening out there?

Driver 5: I can't navigate! I repeat, I cant---- SHIT! WATCH OUT!----[static]

"A transport rams another as it looses control"

Browner: Fucking hell.

Crew: Sir. We must divert all powers to the engines. Commander's orders.

Driver 25: This is "Goliath"! We need to----[static]

"The transports are falling one after the other"

Operator: Commander! Only 35 transports remain!

Welkings: Come on agents...

Driver: SSGT. Browner! We've reached the drop zone near the atmosphere! Requesting permission to dive!

Browner: Permission granted! Okay guys! This is it! Hold steady! And may the Lord be with us.

"The 35 transports that made it under fire to the drop zone are now heading to the planet's surface"

Driver 25: Enemy Anti Air!----[static]

Driver 26: We're hit, we're hit!----[static]

Browner: Come on...Come on!

"After a while and under fierce AA fire, about 30 transports make it to the ground. They've reached the terraformed planet's surface. The hangar doors open and EUF marines are coming out. However there are still some transports flying above them to reach another LZ. There is chaos all over the battlefield. Burning transports are falling from the skies and enemy mortars have started firing. Neptune's strong winds don't help the situation"

{Planet: Neptune}
{Temperature: 15oC}
{H2O: 69%}
{O2: 18%}
{Other: 13%}
{Life Support: High}
{External Support Needed: No}
{Description: Terraformed Cold Planet}
{Earth Similarity: 0.78}

Browner: EVERYONE OUT! GO-GO-GO!

"The marines get out and try to run for cover as they advance. Mortars and gun fire hit right next to them, killing many"

Marine 1: Aghh!

Marine 2: Ahh! MY LEG!

Marine 3: MY ARM! I LOST MY ARM! GAH!

Marine 4: The Lord is my shepherd...The lord is my shepherd...

Browner: Fuck, we're being hit by mortars! Agents! Flank around. See what you can do about those pieces! And for fuck's sake hurry! We don't have a lot of time until reinforcements arrive!

Kate: Copy that sir! Alright, everyone! On me!

"The Squad moves to take out the mortars that are suppressing the allied marines. Along the way, Reyna spots a fallen transport and some marines trying to hold off against a number of Rexian soldiers attacking them"

Reyna: Guys! Over here! We need to save them!

Rj: I don't think there's time for that Rey! We must focus on the task!

Reyna: Ah screw you! I'm going!

Max: Reyna, what do you think you're doing?

Rj: REYNA!

Susan: Damn you girl...

Zeon: I'm going with her.

Kate: There's no time. Let them go to their aid. They'll manage. Rj, Susan and Max, with me! To the mortars!

"Reyna and Zeon reach the suppressed marines"

Reyna: Zeon, cover me!

Marine: Ah...I can't move!

Corporal: Damn it. Hold it buddy, you're going to make it!

Reyna: Marines! Quick! You guys must come with me! Bring the wounded. As many as you can! We'll cover you!

Corporal: Oh thank God! Backup! Quick we can----What the...Reyna?

Reyna: J---...JAY? It's you, it's---Jay?! What are you----

Jay: Reyna, there's no time to explain. We must complete the mission first!

Reyna: I---Alright. Yes. Um...Everyone!

Jay: Let me. Everyone! Follow this agent! They need us elsewhere! They'll cover us!

Marine: You've got it! Let's go guys! About time we got out of this shit-hole!

Zeon: Throwing smokes. Covering!

"Zeon covers their retreat with smoke grenades, thus blocking the enemy's vision. Meanwhile, the other group has reached the mortar positions. Once close, Kate throws a grenade and the mortar crew get blown up"

Kate: One mortar piece down!

"Rj turns around. He sees Reyna approaching them along with the marines she and Zeon saved"

Rj: Reyna! What happened? You went rogue back there.

Reyna: We helped some marines escape. They'll help us assault the radio station.

Rj: Good to hear!

"Kate and the others fire at the second piece"

Kate: Second mortar is down!

Max: Nice. The mortars have been taken care of!

"Suddenly SSGT browner along with a few marines come their way to reinforce"

Browner: Agents! Glad you're still alive! Good job with the mortars. Our infantry is advancing. Once you reach the control room, deactivate the station's shield and auto-defences. Then we'll have to hold ground until they get us out of here.

Kate: Got it, let's go!

"The team heads for their target. They head inside the control building"

Rexian soldier: Aghhh!----
Rexian soldier 2: What the---agh!

Zeon: The control room is right above us.

Kate: Great. Let's move.

Browner: Alright, marines! Take cover at those windows and broken walls! Defend against any counter attack! Be ready! We are almost done with this mission! I'll get you home, safe!

Rj: Uh...Anyone know how to shut this thing?

Jay: Let me, I can do it.

Kate: What? No, this is our objective.

Jay: Trust me. I know.

Max: No seriously. Let him.

Kate: Ah, fine. But make it quick.

Rj: Wait. He reminds me of someone...

Reyna: I'll tell you once we're back at base...

Rj: What..?

Jay: There we go. See? Alright. The shields are down everyone!

Browner: Very well done boys! Commander, this is SSGT. Browner. The shields are down. You may proceed as planned.

[From Radio] Welkings: Nicely done staff sergeant.

Welkings: This is commander Welkings speaking. Commencing main assault fleet to engage Neptune. Give them hell boys.

"The main fleet arrives over Neptune with hyper speed. Meanwhile, Rexian counter attack starts to retake the radio station"

Browner: There they come boys! Open fire!

"Marines open fire against the Rexians. All hell of gunfire breaks loose"

Jay: Sir, where are the transports? They were supposed to come pick us up! It's been 5 minutes and we are running out of ammo!

Kate: Exactly what I've been telling all of you.

Browner: I'm trying to resolve that matter corporal. Transport 1-30. This is SSGT.Browner. Can any of you hear me, over? I repeat, this is SSGT.Browner. Can any of you hear me, over?

Driver: I ---[static] tran ---[static] ov ---[static].

Browner: Ah...We've lost contact.

Rj: Well we can't stay in here for much longer. They're going to overwhelm us!

{{ Communications: On }}

Transport Driver: SSGT.Browner. We have arrived at the LZ. You must hurry, over.

"Browner sees the pickup transports and some marines that started boarding them"

Browner: Roger that. We'll be on our way. You heard the man guys! Everyone, hurry to the transport ships. Go-Go-Go!

"Everyone flees the building and are running to the transport ships"

Kate: We've made it!

Max: I'm in!

Rj: Inside as well!

Reyna: There we go!

Susan: All in!

Jay: I'm inside.

Driver: Everyone in? Good let's go.

Rj: Wait, where is Browner?

"Rj sees Browner laying in the ground. A large piece of metal has his legs pinned down and he can't move"

Rj: Driver! Give me one minute! I'll be right back!

Driver: What? Who are you to give me orders?

Rj: It's the Staff Sergeant out there! I'm going to help him! We can't just let him die!

Driver: Fuck my life. Ah...Fine! You have 1 minute. We can't stay much longer! We're leaving with or without you!

Rj: Fair enough!

Reyna: Rejar! What---?

"Rj hurries to Browner's position"

Rj: SSGT. Browner! Oh shit. Fuck, you're hit really bad. I will help you get out of here!

Browner: No...Rj. Leave me! Go back to the ship! Save yourself!

Rj: But sir...You can make it! If---this---thing---lifts! Ahh!

Browner: No! There's nothing you can do! Time is running out! Kid...leave me. I will only hold you back!

Rj: No, sir!---

Browner: GO! I WILL HOLD THEM FOR YOU TO LEAVE! GO NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER SON!

Rj: But---Sir!

Browner: I SAID GO!

"Rj takes a last look at him and then runs back to the transport"

Rj: Go, move it!

Kate: You heard the man! We're all set!

"The small transports are getting away from the combat zone and are heading for a heavy carrier to get them back to base. Some look through the window as they see their allied fleet taking over Neptune. The wounded are being treated. Everyone is cheering for their victory"

Rj: Good...we're safe.

Reyna: Are you alright, brother?

Rj: Yeah...No worries. It's just that...I could've saved this man. But he chose to die. It's a shame, really. But we won. We'll get paid...We freed Neptune from Victus's tyranny. I can say it's a---"nice day".

Reyna: Well, glad you see it this way.

Kate: Hey agents! Me and Max wanted to congratulate you for today. You really showed up a lot of courage.

Max: Yeah. We really appreciate that.

Susan: Thank you.

Zeon: Great day indeed.

Jay: Reyna...Here you are.

Reyna: Jay.

Rj: Jay huh? Oh yeah. That's right, now I remember! From the club. You were hitting on my sister, weren't you?! Well nice job. Because everyone just end up getting slapped when they try to---

Reyna: RJ! Ah...Don't mind him...Please.

Jay: So.

Reyna: So...you didn't tell me you were a marine.

Jay: Never thought I would survive to tell you. Me and my buds went out for clubbing the day before. This was a big fight. We had our doubts. After all, this is what marines do.

Rj: [Whispering to Susan] Oh really? I thought they just regrouped at hell.

"Susan started laughing"

Reyna: Are your...friends Okay?

Jay: Most of them...died. Two were even assigned in the front transports. Got destroyed pretty fast.

Reyna: I'm...sorry to hear that.

Jay: No worries. Stuff happens all the day. We can't but live with them, am I right? But you know what they say..."Marines don't die. They just regroup in hell".

Rj: [Whispering back to Susan] Called it!

"Susan bursts out laughing. Reyna quickly looks at Susan and then back at Jay"

Reyna: Yeah...I've heard of that.

Jay: Now. About you. Are you an...agent? Of the 301st? Because you didn't tell me either.

Reyna: Kind of. We're helping the EUF. Non-commissioned agents, is the right way to put it. Me and my friends there. Never thought we would be assigned for such a large scale combat...But oh well. It is what is is.

"As Reyna and Jay continue talking, the rest go to...rest"

Rj: Well guys? I'm gonna get some sleep now. Wake me up when we reach HQ, would you?

Susan: What an exhausting day.

Zeon: I believe I'm going to have a bit of rest myself, as well.

"After some time, the transports reach the base"

{Current Location: Commander's office}

Welkings: Ah this is great! Yeah! We've done it guys! We've done it! And it's all thanks to you! Well...Mostly.

Susan: Um...Thanks. I guess.

Welkings: We've basically won the war! We won that dam war at last! Ah this is great! Promotions await all of us!

Kate: So...This is it?

Welkings: Yes...YES! This...this is all! I...can't believe we won! I had a speech with the senior commander and...Ah...just...the excitement!

Max: Sir, I think you're losing your professionalism.

Welkings: Yes, I'm...I'm sorry. I know, yes. But this is a one in a million! I mean...We could have won this war, but not without your help agents. And I'm proud for all of you. You know that. Without you...we would have won a Pyrrhic victory.

Kate: So no more fun from now on?

Welkings: Don't worry Kate. If it's fun you want you will have it. I'm sure Victus won't surrender easily. But that was surely a hard blow. Now that we have the upper hand. Oh yes. Now...we can really push deeper!

Reyna: Thought you said it's over. What "push deeper" are you talking about? With all respect...of course. Ghm.

Welkings: Oh no worries. The war will be over soon. I mean...Neptune fell. Jupiter fell. Admiral Morgan did a great job. And now...all their forces are gathered at Rexus Prime.

Kate: So...

Welkings: So now we can push onto them! Literally! Half our fleet is going over Rexus Prime. This is a day of Victory, agents. That's how we end the war. This...is how we prevail!

Reyna: Great.

Rj: Nice.

Susan: Huh. Nice. So...that's how I will get my revenge? I wanted a face to face combat. But oh well. It is what it is, I guess...

Kate: This is a revenge for all of us Susan. Don't worry. Victus will soon fall.

Max: Damn right. I had enough of this guy.

Welkings: We all did. Now go take some rest. Tomorrow's the great day. Tomorrow our fleet will begin to gather around Rexus Prime. This is the moment we've all been waiting for. You'll watch everything with everyone downstairs, live, tomorrow.

Max: So this is it? No more missions?

Welkings: Not for you mister Cortez. Or your friends here. You will rest. You deserve it. You've definitely earned it! Ah...What a day.

Reyna: Yeah...A great day...

Rj: What's wrong? Why aren't you happy?

Reyna: Two things. First...we still sacrificed lives for no reason in that battle. That doesn't change.

Rj: It's just...war. I know...But it's over now. No more lives need to be lost. There will finally be peace!

Reyna: Well that's one thing.

Susan: And want me to guess the other one? Jay right?

Reyna: Yeah...I mean...He's leaving. Got transferred elsewhere.

Rj: So what are you doing here?

Reyna: What do you mean?

Susan: He means "Go say goodbye"! Give him a kiss...something! He's still a strong flirt, you know!

Zeon: I believe you have about...2 minutes.

Reyna: Holy...I'll be right back!

Kate: This girl...

Rj: Too bad it won't last. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Susan: Oh "distance"...Poor old "distance".

"Reyna sees Jay who's about to enter the transport"

Reyna: JAY! WAIT!

Jay: Reyna?

Reyna: Hey...I just...wanted to say---

Jay: No need to say anything Rey'.

Reyna: But...this is the last time I'll be seeing you.

Jay: Hey. Don't worry. We'll see each other again. Someday.

Reyna: Don't leave Jay...You can be here. With us! In the team. I'll find a way to get you in! It's not difficult! I can manage that! I know Admiral Morgan, I---

Jay: Rey. Hey...It's alright. I chose my life, you chose yours. But...It's time we say goodbye.

Reyna: I'm gonna miss you, Jay.

Jay: [Smiles] I'm gonna miss you too Reyna.

"Jay and Reyna get close to each other and kiss"

Jay: Goodbye...

Reyna: Bye...

"Jay leaves. Reyna looks at him. Rj comes from behind"

Rj: So...he left.

Reyna: Yeah...

Rj: Oh well. Times come and go.

Reyna: I suppose.

Rj: Hey you'll keep in touch. Right?

Reyna: Yeah. Yeah...but. It's not the same.

Rj: You tell me. Well, what say you come with us and grab a bite?

Reyna: Sure...Let's go.

"Rj and Reyna go back at the base and meet the others"

Susan: Here you are! How did it go? Actually, you know what? Doesn't matter. Come sit with us!

Kate: We can finally start eating!

Max: Boy.

Reyna: Wait...you were all waiting for me?

Kate: Yeah.

Max: Yup.

Susan: Oh yes.

Zeon: Indeed!

Rj: Man I'm starving!

"So, the time had passed. The next day, those who were inside the HQ are now at the main hall keeping their eyes on the big screen in the center. Everyone is watching with anxiety for what will happen as the news are about to begin the live transmission"

News informer: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to "Earth live" news! Today is a great day! All of our solar system is finally free of Rexian control! Almost half of the EUF's fleet is currently above Rexus Prime. With the Rexians not being able to resist, the situation is all under control and the war is coming to an end, says the Prime Minister of the United Front, Mr. Duke Wellington.

News informer 2: Indeed Joe. We now go, ladies and gentlemen, to a live connection inside Rexus Prime. Where the Prime minister is going to talk via hologram all over the Capital of Rexus Prime, Lion's Gate.

"At live connection. All the people in Rexus Prime watch the transmission from their houses and from the main center of their cities. They are afraid of what is going to happen"

Duke Wellington: Victus of Rexus Prime! Your crimes against Earth end now! Here are Earth's demands currently on the table! First, you will accept to sign a surrender. Thus retreating from all the planets currently under your control. All of the other planets in the Outer Rim will be given to EUF's command. You will be sent to a highly secured prison for all the crimes you committed and the Control of Rexus Prime will be given to High Commander James Ronn. Your fleet will disband and so are your troops. You will also be paying the credit amount of 500 billion for your crimes against the people of Earth!

301st operator: Damn right!

301st operator: Way to go Duke!

Kate: He's really giving him pain.

Duke Wellington: This is a warning. If you reject the terms, I will have no other choice but to instantly invade Rexus Prime and take you out with violence. The people of Earth...all of us humans...are now free of your Tyranny. No more people need to be murdered so you can have more power. No more lives lost for your evil cause against all human kind. Because today...WE---ARE---FREE!

"People in all of Earth Cheer with joy as they watch everything live from their homes and the main plazas"

Duke Wellington: So what say...you? Think about your people. Are you going to end this the easy...or the hard way?

0