Chapter 21 – Prison Break
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Prison break"]

"RPU’s 1st Grand Fleet attacks EUF forces stationed above planet Uranus"

RPU Pilot: I can’t shake them, bastards got me locked in

RPU Pilot 2: Don’t worry I am on my way.

RPU Fleet commander: Concentrate fire on that space-station. Bring it’s shields down and disable it’s weapons

RPU pilot 3: You see them Reyes?

RPU pilot 4: Bastards are trying to flank us.

RPU pilot 5: Red Squadron break formation and go for these fighters.

{Location: Armed-Tiger Frigate}

Yain: Shields?

Rexian Officer: At 65%. They will hold for now.

Rexian Officer 2: Sir? Where did all these ships come from? I thought we would face only that station and maybe a couple of frigates.

Yain: We were busy blowing up Neptune and they managed to reinforce their defences, looks like. It doesn’t matter, however. We will get them on their way to hyperspace any minute now.

"A few minutes later the Rexians manage to push the enemy back"

Rexian Officer: Sir. That's the last of them.

Yain: There we go. Good riddance. Now, inform Sergeant Willev to begin preparing the ground-attack force. And someone call Darkstar Squad on the bridge.

"Darkstar arrives on the bridge"

Prophet: Orders?

Yain: There is a reason we didn’t blow that space station to smithereens. United Front has a few prisoners in there, mostly pirates but our attention lies to one of them. Ashley Mill. EUF ambassador that has been caught passing information to one of our agents. We don’t abandon our allies especially in that phase of the war. I need you and your team to get in and get Miss Mill out. We can’t afford sending any additional troopers with you but I will order the engineers to prepare some GRUNT robots to assist you. Now excuse me, there is an attack in progress that requires my attention.

Prophet: Understood. Gideon ready the ship. We leave in 5'.

"7 minutes later. At the station’s hangar"

EUF soldier: TAKE COV---AH!

Prophet: (Towards GRUNTs) Move forward and spread out.

"An EUF soldier runs out of ammo and attempts to punch a robot that was getting close, but the machine grabs him and throws him to the other side of the room. As he attempts to get up another GRUNT jumps at him and starts punching the soldier’s head several times"

EUF soldier 2: TO THE DOOR. Move.

"As the defenders start running towards the door they noticed that it started closing"

EUF Soldier 3: NO NO NO. OPEN THE DOOR GOD DAMNIT!

Gideon: Going somewhere?

"Darkstar along with the robots open fire creating a pile of corpses in front of the closed door. A hidden injured soldier attempts to fire at Nomad using his side-arm but misses, hitting a GRUNT instead, causing him to get a bullet to the head from one of the other war-bots"

Prophet: We clear? Good. Let’s get this door open.

"Two GRUNTS lift the door with enough space just for the team to crawl under"

Prophet: (Towards GRUNTS) Keep this door open and guard the ship.

Prophet: Ok team. Let’s move.

"While moving deeper into the station the team locates the station’s command station"

Prophet: X1, can you find the location of the ambassador?

X1: [Robotic noises]

Prophet: Just hurry it up.

Nex: You know what this mission reminds me of?

Nomad: Yes. Pluto, 3 years ago. Now this is what you call a mess. People there will still have nightmares about that day.

Prophet: What people? I thought we killed everything that moved on that base.

Nex: And even if anyone lived well, how do you even forget a scene like this?

Angel: What scene exactly? The one where we publicly executed 5 soldiers because the base’s commander didn’t came out of hiding or the one were when he came out Leonev literally left him crippled in front of his family? And all that for what? Some stupid tank schematics.

Nomad: But these “stupid tank schematics” helped our chances against them. What the fuck is wrong with you lately?

Nex: Ok people. Calm down. We have a job to do.

Prophet: X1? How are you doing?

"X1 points towards a screen"

Prophet: 2 levels below us. Let’s move.

{Current Location: Space Station - Prison level}

EUF soldier: Ah? Jones? Is that you?

"Nex comes out of hiding slitting the soldier’s neck and immediately throwing a knife towards another soldier that appeared"

Nex: Clear on my part.

"Gunfire sounds and a soldier rolls down the stairs"

Prophet: Clear too.

Angel: I found the cells.

Nomad: Ok. Let’s see.

"The team opens a random cell"

Prisoner: Oi. Am I free?

"Nomad shoots the pirate and opens another door"

Nex: Empty. Next

"This cell has a damaged robot inside it"

Prophet: What the fuck? Next

"In the next cell a woman is found sitting on a bed"

Prophet: Ashley Mill?

Woman: Maybe. And you are?

Nomad: Rescue team. We are here for a little friend of ours.

Ashley: Then Ashley Mill is my name. Pleased to meet you.

Nex: Yea whatever. We need to move.

"After that, the team heads back to their ship. Once there, Yain sees them and proceeds to congratulate them"

Yain: Good work commander. I will take it from here.

Prophet: What will happen to her?

Yain: We will sent her to Rexus Prime for now. EUF will really want their hand on her. But that’s all for now. Go eat something and get some rest. Dismissed.

Ashley: I want to thank the team for helping me. I hope we work together sometime in the future.

Nex: Whatever, I am going to get a bath now. Talk to you later, guys.

Nomad: I'll go check if the cafeteria has anything left from today’s launch.

"Prophet looks at Angel"

Angel: Don’t give me that look.

Prophet: We need to talk. Seriously.

0