Chapter 22 – Assault on Uranus
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Assault On Uranus"]

"Some time after the previous events, planet Uranus is now formally under attack by RPU forces. Despite assistance from their new and improved GRUNT robots, they still have some problems dealing with EUF’s forces on some sectors due to their huge numbers"

Announcer: Darkstar Squad report to the bridge. I repeat. Darkstar Squad report to the bridge for briefing.

Prophet: Darkstar Squad reporting for duty sir. What are your orders?

Yain: Our ground forces are having problems dealing with the United Front. We are not allowed to use orbital assistance due to our forces being spread out all over the place. Last thing we need is doing more damage to our people than we would do EUF’s forces. That’s why I am sending you down there. They require heavy support and I can’t afford sending any more reinforcements. But I can afford sending you. Also our engineers repaired the GRUNTS from the station attack so if you want I will have them waiting on the hangar.

Prophet: Understood. Gideon. Ready the ship.

Yain: Once you touch the surface find Commander Kit. He will further inform you on the situation. Good luck commander. Dismissed

"3 minutes later - At Spec Ops hangar"

Nomad: How are the bots?

Engineer: We repaired whatever damage we could find and did some minor re-calibrating. Nothing too crazy. We just made sure that they won’t deactivate in the middle of combat due to some random reason. Now if you'll excuse me, some cannons require my attention. Good luck.

Prophet: Ok. Everyone, board in.

"A few minutes later, Darskatr's ship enters the planet’s atmosphere and starts heading towards the ground. The soldiers there are getting pinned down"

RPU Soldier: ...Watch that tank! It is getting too close.

RPU Soldier 2: Shit. Launcher is jammed! Give me a minute.

Commander Kit: We don’t have a minute!

"Suddenly, out of nowhere, a rocket hits and blows up the enemy tank"

C. Kit: Was that you?

RPU Soldier 2: Nope. Fucker is still jammed.

Prophet: Spread out. Cover these openings.

C. Kit: Well...We weren’t expecting Special Forces.

Nomad: That’s the point, commander.

Prophet: What is the situation?

C. Kit: Oh. Where to start? We are running out of pretty much everything. My men are tired, we lost contact with every other attack squad and my only medic left alive is injured. So yeah. The situation is pretty shit.

Prophet: Just tell us what needs to be done.

C. Kit: If we can take that bunker at top of that hill we may have a chance capturing the entire area. Bastards have snipers, machine guns and artillery seated up there. We tried to take it when we first landed on the planet. We lost one tank and about 10 men. Think you can handle it?

Nex: That’s our job, sir.

Prophet: I will need your men to be ready, commander Kit. When we take the bunker they will surely try to counter-attack immediately. I will leave these GRUNTS here to assist you. We have one chance at this. Don’t fuck it up, people.

C. Kit: Of course.

Prophet: Ok then. Let’s see. Any vehicle you don’t need?

C. Kit: Eh. The transport that carried us here. We crushed during the landing but the ship is still okay as much as I know. It's that pile of junk located behind us.

Prophet: X1 check its system. Think you can handle it?

X1: [Affirmative Robotic sounds]

C. Kit: Handle what?

Prophet: My friend over here has the ability to hack and control small ships and robots.

C. Kit: That thing isn’t small...

Prophet: That’s why I asked him if he can. We are going to use the transport as a moving decoy while we flank the bunker from another side.

C. Kit: Why not simply crash the ship at the top of the hill?

Nomad: We will need this bunker commander. What’s the point of destroying it?

C. Kit: Yes, indeed. I am not thinking straight lately. This war has fucked me over. Just do what you must. My men and I will take care of the rest.

Prophet: Everyone on your position. We move in 2.

"A few minutes later"

EUF Soldier: What...what is that?

EUF Commander: Crazy bastards are so desperate that try to land here. Open fire!

"The ship crashes into the ground next to the bunker"

EUF Commander: Keep firing. Don’t let them come out!

"After many shots, the ship explodes"

EUF Soldier 2: Ok...Now that was weir----

"Before finishing his sentence a bullet penetrates the back of his skull. Meanwhile, a grenade is thrown inside a machine gun nest"

EUF Soldier 3: Oh fuck. Gren----

"The grenade explodes killing everyone in the vicinity and cutting a man's leg off"

Prophet (From radio): NOW COMMANDER. ATTACK.

C. Kit: That’s the signal. CHARGE!

"As RPU’s forces attack the bunker, EUF is getting confused and disorganised since they are getting assaulted from two flanks"

EUF Officer: Give me some cover. I need to call a drone strike.

"As the officer attempts to call for help, someone jumps and kicks him sending him to the ground"

EUF Officer: Ah, scum!

Nex: Hehe. Sorry there!

"The officer attempts to draw his side-arm but Nex grabs his arm and with one swift move she sends his gun flying to other side. Then he tries to use his fists but she dodges an incoming strike and then she follows with a right-left punch combo accompanied by a gut kick and a knife to the heart"

Nex: Shh. Go to sleep.

"Meanwhile Commander Kit and his forces arrive and with the help of Darkstar Squad start clearing the bunker. One hour later most of EUF’s soldiers are either dead, injured or captured"

Prophet: Nice work Mr. Kit. Let your men rest for now. I will contact the fleet and see if they can spare anything.

[From Radio]Yain: Commander? What is the situation?

Prophet: We just captured a strategic position that will give us an advantage over the area. It shouldn’t be hard to capture the rest of the sector now. I would like to know if you have any reinforcements we can use.

[From Radio]Yain: Hmm. I will see if I can send you some more GRUNTS and maybe a squad or two. But don’t expect a miracle.

Prophet: Understood. That will be enough.

[From Radio]Yain: Good luck commander. Let’s get this over with.

"A few days later with the assistance of Darkstar Squad, Rexian forces captured the Uranus colony despite their heavy losses. That begs the question. How is the United Front going to respond to this situation?"

0