Chapter 25 – One Final Chapter
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["One Final Chapter"]

"It has been only but a few hours since EUF's last major victory over RPU (Rexus Prime United) forces. EUF seems to be having the upper hand and is about to win the great war. Victus is certain of such defeat and thus he ordered all his troops back to Rexus Prime. With very little resistance in all of RPU's controlled planets, EUF forces rushed in for the taking"

{Location: EUF's HQ - Washington, DC}
{Current Location: Bed Quarters}

"The team is on their beds sleeping after their last battle. Reyna wakes up to the sound of doors opening and closing"

Reyna: Wh---what time is it? Oh darn...it's six in the morning. Hey Rj? Rj, where are you?

Susan: Keep it down honey, I'm trying to sleep.

Reyna: Oh. Sorry, Su'. Have you seen Rj, by any chance?

Susan: And now I'm awake...Yeah I think I saw him. Outside. By the garden. I bet he didn't have any sleep. He woke me up...like you.

Reyna: Oh thanks. And sorry again Su'!

Susan: Yeah whatever. Come on Zeon. Let's get some coffee.

Zeon: I don't drink...

Susan: Oh yeah, I forgot. Launch then.

Zeon: I can't eat either...

Susan: Darn. What can you do?

Zeon: I can...fight.

Susan: Hm. Looks reasonable. Let's go.

"Reyna walks outside. She sees Rj"

Reyna: Rj! There you are. Look I was---

Rj: Oh hi Rey. What's up...

Reyna: You know...never mind me. Is everything...okay? I mean...you don't look that happy to me. Which is weird. You're always happy. Sometimes for no reason at all. But you know.

Rj: Yeah? Oh well...times a change now.

Reyna: What do you mean?

Rj: This is it Sis'. I can feel it. The war is closing to it's end. It's...all over.

Reyna: I know right? Wait...aren't you happy about it? I mean...we all are. Wait. Did anything happen last night? Like, you tried to hit on a girl and she rejected you? Is that it?

Rj: No...No, no! Reyna. It's...different. It's our jobs. Our future. What we love doing. Our team. Us! It's all going to end in a few hours.

Reyna: I---what?

Rj: Don't you see? We own every planet. Soon Rexus Prime, too. And then the outer rim. In just a few hours, our army will march into their capital and force Victus to surrender. And this time he's not going to "play" us again.

Reyna: I know! It's great news! But what is it that our jobs have to do with it? I still don't understand what's your problem.

Rj: This, all this! OK? Everything of...this! From the age of 16 we only knew how to fight and protect ourselves. Later on we made it our job. We made a profit by it. So we kept it.

Reyna: So.

Rj: So now, it's all coming to an end. I mean...Look at us. What are we going to hunt? Small pirates and a few gangsters? Is that it? We were meant to fight bad guys and save the world! But now...after that war...everything will be...over. And it doesn't feel like we did a lot.

Reyna: Rj...I know how you feel. This is what I love doing, as well. It's hard for me too, you know. But it's for the greater good! Of course I want to save the world with my family. But we just did. We did it!

Rj: Ah...I---

Reyna: Oh, for just one split-second of the time don't only think about yourself, Rj. Think about the millions of people that died during this war. And they will keep dying if it doesn't stop.

Rj: This isn't what I meant. Ah. Look, Reyna---

Reyna: No, Rj. No...This is not for you...or for me. Or our job. Or even our team. This is not for EUF. This...is for humanity. And for a long time we managed to have peace. But then this guy came out aggressive and we had a job to do. And you know what? We did it.

Rj: Reyna, I know! But that's my point! Now, what? What now?!

Reyna: What do you mean "what now"? We will live a normal life. Well...Back to merc work that is. Too shame we won't be called "agents" again, but. Oh well.

Rj: Our life is going to be boring...I know that now.

Reyna: Surely, it won't be as dangerous or even exciting...like...almost at all. But...at least we helped people.

Rj: I don't know Rey. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is for the greater good.

Reyna: I'm happy you think of it that way, too. I'll go gather the guys. We will soon break off. Let us at least say goodbye to one another.

Rj: Yeah. Sounds good...Let's go.

"Later that day - At the main plaza outside"

Reyna: So...are we all here?

Rj: Yup.

Susan: Yeah.

Zeon: Yes.

Max: Yep.

Kate: All present.

Reyna: Splendid. Um...Listen, guys. This is...I mean...I've never had to do any of this before so...I mean...It's really hard, I...am almost laughing because---

Rj: Cut to the chase girl!

Reyna: Ghm...Yeah. The war is almost over. In about 10 minutes we should see the end of it and the treaty live on the news. I hope. Heh...

Rj: No shit, Sherlock. Move on already!

Reyna: Oh, would you shut up?

Susan: Haha. These guys!

Reyna: Yeah. So as I was saying. It's hard for me to say, what I need to say. And what I need to say is an honest "goodbye" and "I love you all".

"Reyna then starts to cry"

Reyna: For these have been the best days of my life.

Susan: Aw, Rey!

Kate: I'm good. I won't cry or...anything.

Reyna: Well That's---That's me.

Rj: Well I guess, we're all going to say something, won't we? So it's my turn now. All I wanted to say is pretty much what my sister said...and plus a "I will never forget you" guys. Yes, we will get back to normal, whatever normal might be, but...if I had one more chance to be with you all? Fighting bad guys and saving the world?...Then heck yeah I would grab it.

Susan: That was very sweet and touching Rj. Well. It has come to me now, I guess. You guys...are...my family. And I mean that. I grew up having almost no one. My father was killed , my mother...my...My story is complicated to say the least. But then I met all of you. And you gave me the friendship and the love of a thousand families. And I will never forget that.

Max: Very nice speech Susan. Basically , from me and Kate, all the same. This little time we know each other and have worked together, we felt you as friends. Close ones, I mean...

Kate: No doubt about that. Like Rj, I, too don't wan't "normal" in my life. Because crazy is what I grew up with! I just...hope we meet again for dangerous missions. Because we rock at them. Hard!

Reyna: Aw, come here all of you!

"Everyone comes close for a group hug"

Zeon: That's nice. But, um...when is it my turn? I mean I didn't say anything---

"Suddenly an EUF agent runs to their location"

EUF Agent: Guys come quick! All of you! It's the news! It's the end of the war!

"Everyone rushes to the plaza, where the main giant-screen is, to watch what will happen"

Reporter 1: Welcome live at Channel 5 news! The main news centre! We are here, live, as you all see to watch the final peace treaty which will announce the end of the war!

Reporter 2: That's right Margaret. We will now connect live as our army is in the capital of Rexus Prime and the P.M. mister Duke Wellington will enter the RPU council.

EUF PM: These...are the terms which are currently on the table. One more time. RPU is going to disband all of their forces and is forced to pay the amount of 500 billion for the war crimes they've committed, including another 100 billion for the destruction of Neptune. Money can't just pay for all those lives lost both in the war and in Neptune...But we can't bring it back. And that one is for sure. Now...All of the planets will be added under EUF's control and Victus will resign and face trials. If decided, Victus will face the punishment of death and it will be the only one decided by EUF for a long time.

Victus: Very well...I have no other choice but to accept your pitiful terms. But MY PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU DID TO THEM. AND THEY WILL RISE SOMEDAY TO CLAIM THEIR RIGHTS!

EUF PM: I'm sure they will never forget what you did to the families of those who didn't cooperate with you. Yes...that's...impressive, don't you think? I am referring to you, people of Rexus Prime. Are you going to trust this man? After all that he did?

Victus: You...are going to regret this. Everything...Take your paper. Get it off my face.

EUF PM: THE TREATY OF REXUS PRIME HAS BEEN SIGNED! THERE, IS, FINALLY, PEACE!

"All the people back on Earth cheer with joy"

Reporter 1: This is a fine day indeed ladies and gentlemen! The peace treaty between the two factions had been signed at last! We thank you for joining us today. We hope you all have a great day and be happy with the results! 'Cause you know? I am!

Reporter 2: Haha. Yes indeed! I'm John Thomas!

Reporter 1: And I'm Margaret Jones!

Reporter 2: And this was...

Reporter 1: Channel 5 news! Good day to you Earth! And have a nice and long lasting peace!

"Cheers and happy music play in the HQ and in the whole planet of earth, as people are happy and cheer for their victory over the aggressor. It's sure many will get drunk and come back the other night forgetting what happened, completely. But that's...another story"

Rj: This was it. Goodbye guys. We will miss you all!

Susan: Goodbye guys. I will never forget you!

Max: Goodbye to all!

Kate: Goodbye!

"Rj and Reyna take their leave as the others wave goodbye..."

Rj: Well...this is it.

Reyna: Yeah...I guess.

Rj: Everyone has their jobs to do...their house to stay...Same as us.

Reyna: Do you believe we will see them again?

"Rj smiles"

Rj: I'm sure of it.

Reyna: Good...Good.

Rj: Um...Do you wan't to get some ice cream, sis'?

Reyna: Yeah...Yeah, Why not.

"So ends the story of the twins and their unexpected team. So ends the war and the people are finally as happy as they could ever be. So ends the pain and may there be light where darkness lies---"

"Wait a second. Did you think we're over with this? Did you really think it would be that easy? No, really. Did you? That's like two years worth of writing we've got there! And it's all for you. The readers! So stay with us everyone. Because the fun...is only beginning!"

[THE END - ?]

[Cliche - ?]

0