Chapter 26 – Home Invasion
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Starting of Cycle 2] - ["Home Invasion"]

{One year later}
{Location: Tiger Claw, Rexus Prime - EUF Controlled Planet}
{Target: Dimrin Smoldov}

Reyna: ...Oh come on. Is he never going to be somewhere quiet? We're following this guy for over an hour now. I would shoot him right away but I'd rather not get chased by the Rexian police.

Rj: Yeah, no shit. Wait. There we go. Our target has entered this building.

Reyna: Finally! Okay, I'm taking point. Stay behind me and cover my six.

Rj: Copy that.

"The twins enter a building that leads to an underground room. They follow their target. Dimrin enters it."

Reyna: Alright. Here we go.

"Reyna opens the door"

Dimrin: What? What is the meaning of this? Who are you and what do you want here? How did you even get inside? Wait a minute, you are the twins! You were working with the EUF! Ah, fuck my life already! Give me a fucking break!

Reyna: That's right big boy. And if you want to live...I suggest you do as we say.

Dimrin: What is it that you want from me? I've done nothing to anyone!

Rj: That's not what our contractor says. Looks like you've been a really bad person mister Smoldov. What's this? Illegal weapons smuggling? Human trafficking? Selling protection? "Information sharer"? Oh boy. I'm going to enjoy that.

Dimrin: No. Uh, you don't understand I---

Rj: Reyna. Would you mind?

Reyna: My pleasure.

Dimrin: No, please! I happen to have valuable information for you! Your friend is in trouble!

Reyna: What did you say?

Dimrin: Yes, that's right. I know your friend lady! Susan, right? Is she?

Reyna: What? Wait...how do you know her? Speak or I'll shoot you!

Dimrin: The Blue Lions of course! Your friend was working with them. They came to me a lot of times for information! Looks like they were having trouble with some rival gang members. Tiger Claw was their base of operation before they disappeared. They were my most valuable customers...

Reyna: And how do you know of her?

Dimrin: Are you kidding me? Victus wanted you all dead many times over when the war was still happening! He came to me at least two times for information. Not to mention the bounty hunters. After all, it's no secret that the best...come to me. Looks like he knew both you two and your friend Susan really well.

Rj: You don't say.

Reyna: Tell us, you son of a bitch, what do you know? Where is she?

Dimrin: Me? Oh how should I know for sure?

"Reyna grabs Dimrin from the throat and starts chocking him"

Reyna: Listen here you asshole, you're going to tell me right now, or you will spend the rest of your life breathing through a tube!

Dimrin: Please! I don't know a lot! I just know that some people right here are hunting her android! This Z' series the RPU made and then your friend stole it. Please that's all I know. You have to believe me! I swear!

Rj: Oh we believe you. It's just that...you're our bounty anyway. Your reputation exceeds yourself in Rexus Prime my friend. And your rivals want you dead.

Reyna: And dead you will be. And after that, we're going to find our friend. Oh, thanks for the information by the way. At least you've done something good for once.

Dimrin: No, please! No! I will triple the pay you receive!

Rj: Triple, you say?

Dimrin: That's right! If you get out of my way and never come back!

Reyna: Alright. But you will have to give us FOUR times our payment. Got that you jerk?

Dimrin: Yes, yes. Fine. Four times the payment. Sure, whatever you want. Now just get out of here!

"Once done, the twins head back to their ship. But they still need to find Susan somehow. The time is running out and she might be in grave danger"

Reyna: Alright. So how DO we find her? We literally just lost communication with everybody, for some reason...We don't even have our communicators.

Rj: Well whatever's the case we need to search for Susan. If bounty hunters are after her, then she might be in a lot of trouble. Zeon is worth a lot in the black market. Everyone would kill to have his parts. Hmm...Wait. I've got something.

Reyna: What?

Rj: Well, I remember when Zeon got his upgrades in EUF's HQ, they also secretly placed a micro-chip in him for obvious reasons, since they both were new to the team and our guys didn't want them to cause any trouble or give away information. Don't ask how I got this info. A few evaesdrops did the trick. It's mostly a secret code that can be tracked down at any time if used correctly and with the correct devices...which...I happen to own.

Reyna: Legally?

Rj: That doesn't matter.

Reyna: Oh for the love...And you didn't think it was a good idea to mention it?

Rj: Look, all we have to do is simply go into EUF headquarters and talk to our "friend" and be done with it.

Reyna: Alright. It's worth a shot. Let's go.

"Some time later. At EUF's HQ - Earth"

Morgan: ...No.

Rj: What?

Morgan: I said, no!

Reyna: Oh come one, David.

Morgan: It's Morgan for you, miss.

Reyna: Admiral, come on. We know each other for a long time. We just ask you this small little favour.

Rj: Yeah, just one time and then you won't even see or hear from us again! Promise.

Morgan: I get you what you want and we are all going to jail for life. I said no. Security and EUF protocols strictly forbid giving classified information to anyone other than the High-Ranks. And last time I checked, you guys were not generals, admirals or anything of the sort.

Reyna: Is it really that bad?

Morgan: What do you think? That I can give you a very secured, slash, very hidden and classified info just like that? And even if I could, do you know what's the security in there? It's not just lying in a desk.

Rj: What do you mean?

Morgan: Well it's hidden in the bottom floor.

Rj: There's a bottom floor?

Morgan: Oh boy...And you want to get your hands on it? You'll have to work with the best and still you won't be able to.

Reyna: Please Morgan. We need to find Susan. It's a long story but she might be in danger. It's been one year. We haven't contacted her. Do it for us David...Please.

Morgan: Well...In that case I suppose...I could, theoretically, "help" you get your hands on that. Or "accidentally" leave the highly-secured-door keys in my desk once I leave.

Reyna: You'll do that for us?

Morgan: Yes, but if your plan fails, I will have to bare full responsibility. And I can assure you I won't do such thing. Plus they will put me in court martial and probably sentence me for life if they find out I had a part in this.

Rj: Hey, no worries. You can count on us. Have we ever failed you?

Morgan: Yes. Yes you have. Many times over.

Rj: Yeah...But this time, we won't!

Reyna: Oh come on Dave, who the fuck helped you out to board that capital ship and take out that commander?

Rj: And who helped you win the bloody war and clear a path to the "planet of importance"? That means...Rexus Prime.

Morgan: Ah! Alright! I'm going to regret this...The card will be on my desk. I'll also leave the building schematics so you can figure your plan out better. Come back later with one. Otherwise don't even bother to.

Rj: Pff, we can make a plan in like ten mins starting now.

Morgan: Good...Now shoo. I've got stuff to do and you rushed into my office uninvited. As always...

"So the twins got what they needed and head back for their apartment to think of a plan"

Reyna: Ok...so what have we got so far? It's almost time to leave.

Rj: Well, I actually think we did a pretty good work in here, don't you think?

Reyna: It's mostly avoiding detection.

Rj: Oh please, like we ever needed something else to bare in mind.

Reyna: You know what?

Rj: What?

Reyna: This is probably the first and the last time I will actually completely agree with you.

Rj: Nice. Let's do this! Home assault operation is now on!

Reyna: Ugh. You said you wouldn't do it...

Rj: Too late!

"Some time later, Rj's Operation "Home assault", commences"

Reyna (Blue): [whispering] Alright. I see 2 heavily armed guards with MK.30 SMGs in front of the door. 4 cameras in the vicinity as well. Are you in position? How copy, over?

Rj (Red): Affirmative, Blue. I have eyes.

Reyna: Alright. Partial invisibility activated. Wait for my signal.

"Reyna is heading towards the side of the main door to deactivate the cameras. She places a charge and shuts them down. The guards hear the high pitched sound"

Guard 1: What the? Did you hear that?

Guard 2: Yeah, what the fuck was that?

Guard 1: Cover me. I'll go check.

Guard 2: I'm at your six.

Reyna: Just like we planed. Alright "Red", you have the shot?

Rj: Roger that. Firing in three...two...one...

"Rj fires his sniper. The two guards fall down unconscious"

Rj: Goodnight.

Reyna: Nice one. Picking his access card. Good thing you actually loaded non-lethal ammo this time.

Rj: Just hide them for now. I'll be on my way.

Reyna: Copy that. Proceeding...Okay. I'm inside. They have lasers all over the place. Not to mention the cameras that surround the area. Can you aid me here, Red?

Rj: Affirmative. Hijacking defences now.

"Rj hijacks all defences in the main floor and clears a path for Reyna to proceed"

Reyna: I've got the key-card. I'm opening the door...

Reyna: ...I see two patrols inside.

Rj: Is it just them?

Reyna: Roger, just those two. But there must be one more guy as well. The officer in charge. How copy?

Rj: I hear you. Alright, can you take those two down, Blue?

Reyna: Let me scan the area. Ahh. Negative...there are more cameras and defences than you could think of.

Rj: What do you mean? How bad is the situation , over?

Reyna: Substantially bad. Then again, nothing I can't handle. Mostly turrets. I'll need help with them later.

Rj: That's my 'boy'.

Reyna: What?

Rj: Sorry, I got carried away. Proceed...Do you have eyes on our info?

Reyna: Negative. But I do see a room full of computers. What we're looking for has to be in there. One hundred percent.

Rj: Roger that. I'm connecting to the bottom floor's defence system terminal. Uh...Looks like it's easy enough. This will only take like twenty seconds or less. Uh...Alright...There we go. Cameras are offline, turrets have been deactivated. Alarm has also been deactivated. You are clear to proceed. Huh. Strange though. I deactivated like 10 cameras and 6 laser turrets. Is there no one seeing this stuff? No overseer or any?

Reyna: I took those guys down. No eyes on the third one, tho'. Anyway, heading in the computer room. Ah...Come on, where are you, you little creep? ...Bingo! I spotted it. I'm downloading now.

Rj: Oh-oh. Blue, we've got a problem.

Reyna: Say again, what problem, over?

Rj: Looks like the officer wasn't in that room, but at the top one, controlling the cameras. Must have been taking a piss so far because he didn't notice them go down until now. He is trying to fix the problem. Probably going to call backup and also technical support. ETA 3 minutes tops. Their response time is more than good. You have at least one and a half minutes to get out of there, how copy, over?

Reyna: Ah, shit. Alright, download is almost complete at 75%.

Reyna: ...100! There we go. Alright, Red, I'm coming "home".

Rj: Oh-oh.

Reyna: What "oh,oh"? What is it Red?

Rj: Yeah, you must not go --- I repeat, you must NOT go through the main door. Reinforcements got here 2 minutes earlier than I expected. Darn, they got really good at this.

Reyna: Any eyes one what we're facing outside?

Rj: Affirmative, situation is "Oh Jesus, get the fuck out of there". At least one armoured vehicle , one AFV with SWAT team on board, 5 trucks with agents in them. Twenty more police cars are also about to block the whole building and be aware of at least 3 police helicopters and 1 assault one. How copy, over?

Reyna: Oh my luck. Roger that, I hear you five by five. Alright. I'm making my way out of there.

Rj: Come one Rey...Come on, come on, come on...

"Half a minute later"

Rj: Damn, what is taking her so long? ...Oh no, Blue, you're not going to make it. Blue!? They just got inside! Oh god, Reyna!

"Reyna appears behind him"

Reyna: What?

Rj: AH! What the hell? How did you---?

Reyna: I've got my ways.

Rj: God, don't do that again. You scared the living shit out of me.

Reyna: Mission accomplished!

Rj: YEAH! I mean---Ghm. Right...Let's go home, sis'! Darn, what a day!

"A few moments later. Back at their Home"

Rj: So, you have it with you? Did you get it?

Reyna: No...OF COURSE I DID YOU IDIOT. The original is still inside and no one is going to learn of this anytime soon!

Rj: Almost...no one.

Reyna: He-he. Now he'll learn not to doubt us again.

Rj: Yeah not to mention the police that was on your way. But they will also have zero clue as to what had happened.

Reyna: Right. So, you said you can you track Zeon down with this?

Rj: That's right.

Reyna: Alright. Go ahead then.

Rj: Alright. Just stand back and enjoy my handiwork!

0