Chapter 27 – How Life Works
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["How Life Works"]

{Planet: Earth}
{Location: Rj and Reyna's apartment}

Reyna: Rj hurry it up! Have we found Zeon yet?

Rj: 98% Rey. Wait up.

Reyna: Alright, just tell me when it's d---

Rj: Done.

Reyna: Oh. So. Where they at?

Rj: Alright...She's at...Hm...Rexus Prime!

Reyna: What? Why is she there?

Rj: Relatives or..?

Reyna: No-no-no. I mean...she told me that she never made contact with the rest of her family since...well...since her...father's incident.

Rj: Oh.

Reyna: What if she's in serious trouble? Oh god, we need to go, now!

Rj: Wow, hold it there sister. Let's not make rush decisions. I mean this is just Zeon's tracking device. Sure, most likely they're going to be together, but what about the possibility of them not being?

Reyna: Call it a "hunch". Let's go!

Rj: "A hunch". Ah great. Alright. Just let me get our ship ready.

"Some hours later the twins arrived on Rexus Prime. They are searching for Susan and Zeon in the fields. They are tracking their signal"

Reyna: Are we close?

Rj: ETA 10 mikes.

Reyna: Good. Oh I hope she's not in trouble.

Rj: Relax Reyna. I already told you, she must have a reason for coming here. Besides, Rexus Prime is now a free territory controlled by EUF forces. Which means there's no more bad guys with rifles hunting us down.

Reyna: Earth is also under EUF protection, but it still has dangers.

Rj: Yeah well...some things never change, am I right?

Reyna: Maybe they would if we did something about it...

Rj: What do you mean?

Reyna: Nothing...Forget it.

Rj: As you say.

"About ten minutes later they reach the signal's location. They land their ship and continue on foot"

Rj: Alright. The signal stops here.

Reyna: But...there's no one here. It's just dry land and rocks.

Rj: Uh, there has to be a reason for that, I'm sure.

Reyna: Yeah well, try and fix it!

Rj: Oh I'm sorry Miss "I like to just sit here and let my brother figure it all out", but I ain't no God to know it all! Or am I?

Reyna: Yeah well my omnipotent brother, it's your device that brought us here and I'm sure you know it better than I do. Unless it's, oh I don't know...BROKEN and now we're in the middle of FUCKING nowhere, not knowing where our friends are and it's almost midnight! Ah! Can't you do one thing right for once?

Rj: Oh so now I'm the one to blame? I'm telling you, the device is good. If EUF had the tracking number well-protected, then it surely means that my baby here can track it down!

Reyna: Yeah well all it did was to track down "nowhere". Best case scenario, they figured it out, removed it and oh I don't know...Why not bury it as well? So, good job Rj. Splendid job! We're never going to find them. We are just wasting our time.

"Suddenly a feminine voice can be heard from just a few meters away"

Woman: Reyna?

Reyna: Uh, am I hearing voices?

Woman: Reyna! Turn around!

Reyna: Who is----

"Reyna turns around and sees Susan. She quickly runs and hugs her. Both are very happy to see each other again"

Susan: Missed me?!

Rj: Susan!

Reyna: Oh god I've missed you so much!

Susan: I missed you too, babe!

Rj: Lesbians.

Reyna: That's it. You're a dead man.

"Susan laughs"

Susan: Aw, I missed you guys so-so much!

Reyna: I can't believe I didn't contact you even once in that whole year. I don't know, for some reason...we all just...disappeared.

Rj: Yeah. And for no reason at all. Well I mean the war was over, so...

Susan: Yeah. I had some....things to do. Ah, it's complicated.

Reyna: Tell us. We're here now.

Susan: You see, some weeks after we broke off from one another, I wanted to continue the search for my mother. With Zeon and his very capable tracking skills, I was almost certain that I could find her. Z' was, I guess, someone I was using all this time to track my family down. After we took revenge on Victus and locked him away I thought that now there is nothing standing in my way. And I was true. There was literally nothing stopping me from finding my family. But for 9 months, every time I got close to her, there was always something going wrong or me having false information. I tried to re-program Zeon but...Nothing. His tracking card was useless. It was EUF's upgrades that damaged it for some reason. I mean...that must have been it. There's no other explanation. Or I...Just don't know...

Rj: Yeah well...We've got something to say.

Susan: What do you mean?

Rj: I---Ah, EUF put a tracking device on Zeon.

Susan: Wait...w---what?

Rj: It was in case of danger, they could track it down. Or if you acted suspicious, then...you know. I mean...it was mostly for safety reasons.

Susan: Safety reasons my ass! What the hell? So that's why Zeon had the wrong coordinates every time! They fucking 'burned' his own tracking card!

Rj: It's not like we had a choice anyhow. They really did not trust you at first.

Susan: Oh fuck off!

Reyna: I mean...we didn't, either. But then we became bonded! You are the sister I always wanted to have!

Rj: Hey! That hurt.

Susan: Oh and so what? After we became close, you couldn't just yell to me one day "Hey Susan. I hope you don't mind but we friken put a tracking device on your android to track you down that can also, possibly, damage his own devices at any time"!

Rj: You know...it really doesn't sound that nice when you say it like that...

Reyna: Look...Susan, We're really sorry. If it wasn't for that tracking device though, we wouldn't had broken into EUF's HQ and be here right now. I mean...I had a general idea of what happened back at the headquarters, but it wasn't until Rj gave more light to the situation.

Susan: Wait, you what? You broke into their headquarters? For...me?

Rj: Pretty much.

Reyna: Yes.

Susan: I...I really don't know what to say.

Reyna: You don't need to say a word Susan. We just----

Susan: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?!

Reyna: Say again?

Rj: What?

Susan: You broke into the headquarters of Earth's United Front, probably one of the most well guarded place ON EARTH, just to locate me?

Reyna: Uh...Like I said. Pretty much. Yeah.

Susan: Hold on...You know what could have happened to you if you were caught? Life-time sentence and all that jazz? You knew that right? Right?

Reyna: I...guess.

Susan: WHAT? Oh, you guess? And what about me? I was planing to come meet you guys anyway. I was almost certain that I wouldn't be able to find my family on my own, so I would come to you and ask for your help while I visited! And then everyone would be happy! But instead, I learn that my best friends did something real crazy that could even cost them their lives or at the very best, they would be locked away for life!

Reyna: Isn't that...what we were always doing?

Susan: I---Well...I guess...but not like that! Not for only one person! I mean...back then we, oh I don't know, saved the galaxy from that "tyrant thy name is" Victus!

Reyna: Believe it or not Su', I thought my life was good and that I was happy now that it was all over. But our life was empty without you all and without the risky adventures. And once I learned that you might be in danger, I put no second thought into coming. Fighting and saving others is our purpose. That is our life. That's the only thing that makes us...happy. We were born for this. And if I can't have the adventure on my side then I don't want to live at all.

Susan: Wow that...that was really...touching.

Rj: You almost made me cry, Rey.

Reyna: Well, we're here now, right?

Susan: Right.

Reyna: So what about we let Rj fix Zeon and he could track your family down? What do you say?

Susan: Can you do this for me?

Rj: Are you kidding? I can fix anything robotic and computer related that you have! That's basically my third job after programmer and mercenary. So sure. You can count on me.

Susan: Aw thank you!

"Susan hugs Rj"

Susan: Ok...you can...let me go now.

Rj: Oh um...Yeah. Sorry about that. Wooh. Long time...no see....ah, what am I saying.

Reyna: Ahem...

Rj: Yea. So...where's Zeon?

Susan: What do you mean where's Z---Oh Right. Wait...I've got this.

Rj: Got what?

Susan: Disable the generator Z'.

[From radio]Zeon: On it.

"Suddenly, a ship starts to appear while the invisibility cloak wears off"

Reyna: Holly sh----That's impressive!

Rj: Nice indeed! Well done Susan! Oh so that's why we couldn't see anything on the scanner!

Reyna: Oh you've got to be kidding me...

Rj: Ha! In your face Reyna! And you tried to accuse me for that! Oh yeah - Oh yeah! Gimmie some, babe!

Reyna: Oh just...shut up. Acting like a bloody 10-year-old...yet again.

Susan: So...are you guys coming inside?

Reyna: Oh, inside---Yeah, we're coming.

"Rj and Reyna enter Susan's ship"

Reyna: Wow...that's very beautiful!

Rj: And big too. Bigger than ours.

Reyna: Nice work Susan! How did you get this?

Susan: Ah, it's a long story. I'll tell you some other time.

Zeon: Rj! Reyna! I am very happy to see you both!

Reyna: Zeon! We missed you both!

Rj: Hey...buddy! How's it going?!

Zeon: What's going where?

Rj: ...Never mind. It's very good to see you mate.

Zeon: It's very good to see you too, Rj.

Susan: Well, now that we got back together, Rj...what say you fix my robot?

Zeon: Actually, I prefer the word "Android" if you don't mind.

Susan: Well, alright Mr.Android.

Rj: Alright. Let me take a look. Oh boy. That ain't bueno.

Susan: What is it? Found anything?

Rj: Yeah. Just let me remove this tracking device first.

Zeon: What tracking device?

Susan: Nothing.

Reyna: He didn't say "tracking device".

Rj: I didn't say "tracking device".

Zeon: Oh?

Rj: I said..."breaking...the ice".

"Susan and Reyna look at Rj"

Zeon: Strange...it's almost like you're trying to hide something from me.

Susan: Nope.

Reyna: Nope!

Rj: Nonsense!

Zeon: Huh...

Rj: Alright! There we go! Just...remove this. And...voila! Now he should be all up n' running again!

Susan: Z'? What do you say? One last time?

Zeon: What if I fail you again Susan?

Susan: Oh trust me...

"She looks at Rj and Reyna"

Susan: ...This time you wont.

Rj: I think that was a hint.

"...Rj whispered while looking at Reyna"

Reyna: No shit.

Zeon: Alright then. Here we go. This might take some time. I have to process all the data I acquired.

Susan: Here...Scan this as well.

Reyna: What is this?

Susan: That's my parent's amulet. They made it for me when I was young. Before everything...fell apart.

Reyna: Oh...

Rj: Man...

Susan: Yeah...I never took it off. It reminds me of them every time I open it. It's the only one I have that show me how they looked like...

Zeon: Scanning. Wait. Susan, I've got a signal!

Susan: Where is it?

Zeon: A small town. Called "Las luces", in South-East Mexico.

Susan: Huh, funny. When I was young, my mother always used to tell me that word in Spanish. Don't know why. It's from the few things I remember from my younger age.

Rj: Well, who cares? Now we know where she is!

Susan: I...suppose so.

Reyna: At least this time is for sure.

Rj: What are we waiting for then? Off to Mexico!

Reyna: Great, let's do this!

Rj: Alright then. Let's go to our ship, Rey.

"The team took off as soon as they could. A few hours later they reached Earth. Their destination is Mexico. Once there , they leave their ship at the bay and take local transportation. The place they are searching for is a big village on the hills, so there is no flat ground to land their ship. Thus...they take the local bus"

Reyna: Man, I love mexico. The countryside mostly. It's very calm...very...quiet.

Rj: And you saw all of those Latinas? They've got some really good chicks in here!

Reyna: Ah...I can't believe you Rj.

Susan: Yeah well, typical Rj. Am I right?

Zeon: I'm sure that when you say "chicks" you don't refer to..."chickens".

Rj: Oh my...

Susan: No, Zeon. He's not...

Reyna: Ah...Did I say how much I've missed you both?

Susan: Like...ten times already?

Reyna: Twelve...but who counts?

Susan: Right.

Reyna: So...You never told me you came from Mexico.

Susan: Yeah I guess...I didn't know that either. I was raised in Rexus Prime...Not much else I can remember from my younger age...Must have been my mother's land.

Reyna: You know...I've got a good feeling that everything are going to be explained to you once we reach your mother's house.

Susan: It's difficult...you know?...So many years...I---

Reyna: Shh...Say it all when the time is right. Not here...not now.

Announcer: Next stop - Las Luces - 30th Stop

Rj: It's here. Let's go.

"The team gets off the bus"

Reyna: We are down. Alright. So...where to, Zeon?

Zeon: If the signal is correct...it's that brown coloured house, over there.

Susan: So...this is it.

Rj: Yeah...

Susan: Don't worry honey...We're here. Go ahead. ring the bell.

"Susan rings the door bell. The door opens. A woman appears behind it"

Woman:...Yes? Who are you? What do you want?

"Suddenly tears start coming from Susan"

Susan: Mom...It's me. It's...Susan. I'm...here.

Woman: No...No, it can't be...I---Oh Susan!

"Susan's mom starts crying and shaking"

Woman:...My Daughter! Susan!

Susan: Mom, I found you at last!

"Susan wastes no more time and hugs her mother. Both are crying. Susan's mom is shaking. She can't believe that she found her daughter after so many years. The cries are tears of joy and happiness"

Susan: Oh mom! After so many years, I found you! I --- I can't believe I....You..!

Susan's Mom: Susan....Oh look at you! You've grown...very beautiful! I can't believe..! I thought I lost you forever!

Susan: No, mom! You did not ! I'm here now. I'm alive. I found you!

Susan's Mom: Oh Susan...you can't imagine how much I've missed you. I love you!

Susan: I love you too, mom!

Susan's Mom: Oh but where are my manners? Please, tell your friends to come inside. Today is a happy day. We must celebrate!

Susan: Come inside guys!

Reyna: Rj...are you crying?

Rj: No. No...I...I'm not crying.

Reyna: Aw, come here.

"Reyna hugs Rj"

Rj: Reyna, that's very tight...

Reyna: Sorry...

Mom: Please, come inside!

Mom: Miho! Carlos! Come here! It's a miracle!

"Carlos sees Susan"

Carlos: Mom...what is going on? I was in my room. You almost woke up the baby! ...Who are those people?

Mom: Carlos...this is...your sister. Susan!

Carlos: S---Susan?...No...It---It can't be. It's...

Susan: Brother!

Carlos: SUSAN!

"Carlos starts crying and quickly runs to hug his sister"

Carlos: OH SUSAN. I...I missed you! We all missed you! We thought you didn't make it from...from the explosion. I thought I lost you forever!

Susan: I'm back now brother! I'm here!

Carlos: Aw, look at you. How you've changed all grown-up!

Susan: You've changed a lot as well brother. It's been...So many years...I missed you all!

Carlos: Oh sister...I love you! Thank you Lord!

"Everyone is smiling and is full of tears and happiness"

Carlos: Please, everyone. Come inside. Sit at the table. I will go ready the chicken!

"Some time later - Everyone is now sitting at the table. Including Carlos's wife, Maria"

Carlos: Susan, I would like you to meet Maria. She's my wife!

Maria: Pleased to meet you Susan! I've heard so much about you!

Susan: Pleased to meet you as well! I'm so happy for you Carlos!

Carlos: And we've got a child! His name is Martin! He's currently sleeping inside.

Susan: Aw, that's very nice! I'm very happy for you, brother!

Carlos: No, Susan. We're happy to have you here!

Mom: But oh, you didn't introduce us to your friends!

Susan: Of course! Mom, brother, Maria...these are my best friends. My friend Reyna over there!

Reyna: Hello!

Susan: Her brother, Rj!

Rj: Pleased to meet you all!

Susan: And finally my android friend, Zeon. He's the one that did most of the work into tracking you down!

Zeon: I am very happy to meet you, Susan's family!

Mom: That's very interesting ! How did you meet him?

Susan: Long story. I "took" him from the place where he was transported. We've been very close from that point ! He never let me down!

"The family ate in celebration for Susan's return. Everyone was happy and filled with joy. Susan explained everything in detail to her mother and what she did to Victus. But there are some news about to happen, that are going to change everyone's lives, once again..."

Rj: Hey, Misses Gloria? Can I watch some TV?

Mom: Of course! See anything you like!

Rj: Thank you! Alright then!

Announcer 1: [...] Well...I think it's time for us to close for today. I think ladies and gentlemen that we're running out of---wait...wait a minute. Yes?

Announcer 2: Oh no...That's...That's terrible...

Announcer 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed from our main source that...there has been a massive...revolution about an hour ago in Rexus Prime. An armed revolution..! Supporters of Victus revolted inside the main capital city. Lion's Gate!

Rj: What the---Guys! Come here Quick!

"Everyone rushes to the living room"

Reyna: What is it?

Susan: What happened?

Reyna: Oh my...god...

Announcer 1: There are reports of at least 200 guards , 150 police officers and even more soldiers dead. Where at least 1000 civilians are confirmed dead !

Announcer 2: Ladies and Gentlemen, we also have reports that officers defected and are now hostile, commanding units. Hackers have hacked into the city's defences and turned them to their side. More attacks are currently happening on EUF bases as we speak, while there are reports of at least 2 large EUF frigates being destroyed...ladies and gentlemen...I---there is currently chaos in Rexus Prime...Oh my god...

Announcer 1: Remain calm everyone. Stay with us as we --- [static]

Rj: God...

Reyna: How did that happen?

Mom: I can't believe it...

Susan: Wh----what do we do now?

"Suddenly, Reyna's phone rings"

Reyna: It's Morgan!

"Reyna picks the phone"

Reyna: David! I---

David Morgan: Yes-yes, I know it already. There's been chaos inside the HQ, they're running through all options. Guys. I remember how you told me that you wanted to get back in action once again. Well I thought of that so...here's your chance. What do you say? Are you in?

Reyna: Well...guys...what are you saying?

Rj: Oh babe, I'm ready as hell!

Reyna: Susan....Zeon? There's no reason for you to come if you don't want to. I mean...You found your family and...

Susan: Hey...You are also my family. And families never abandon each other. [smiles]

Rj: So...

Susan: So. We're in!

Reyna: Heh. Well guys...it seems like we're not the ones that are looking for adventure...it seems like adventure is looking for us!

Rj: Hey that was supposed to be my line!

Susan: And...you've ruined the moment.

Reyna: So. We're going?!

0