Chapter 28 – Back to the Fight
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Back to the Fight"]

{Location: EUF HQ - Washington DC}

"Our heroes walk into EUF's headquarters. All four are back in the same spot they were one year ago. They seem ready for anything"

Susan: Gosh. It's been...one full year since I last came here.

Zeon: Indeed...

Reyna: Sometimes one year seems like...one century.

Rj: Yeah, you can say that again.

HQ Coordinator: Oh, you must be the squad I was told would come. Please, follow me. Admiral David Morgan wishes to speak with you as soon as possible.

Rj: Let's go then.

HQ Coordinator: Oh, yes. Please, this way.

"David Morgan sees the twins along with Susan and Zeon coming in"

Susan: Hello David. Missed us?

D.Morgan: Susan? And...Uh...

Zeon: Zeon...

D.Morgan: ...Zeon? I'm surprised.

Reyna: Oh really?

D.Morgan: Well, I knew that Rj and Reyna were trying to find you...Oh but it doesn't matter so much now, does it? You are here for the same reason I assume.

Susan: Indeed we are, sir.

D.Morgan: Great. I'm glad you four got back together. But we can't celebrate just yet. You see there's been a...mass revolution. Bigger than we expected.

Reyna: So you expected it? Oh, so you knew it was going to happen anyway?

D.Morgan: Yes, I was one of the few high-ranks to know it first-hand. Things got really complicated really fast.

Rj: Well, no shit.

D.Morgan: *Sigh*...After the fall of the RPU and Rexian forces, along with Victus, we captured his officers. Most in jail, of course, in Earth's most well-guarded prison in Siberia. Russia. Some others fled to more distant planets in the Outer Rim. Their current location is unknown. And we don't even know if they're preparing for something. If we send scouts, it will require a whole lot of resources and coordination and we're not in that comfort zone to do that yet. Other things matter right now.

Reyna: I see.

D.Morgan: Anyhow, the threat didn't end there...Victus's propaganda was spread amongst the people, even some of our officers as well. We monitored their every movement and action in Rexus Prime, because there is where most of them are. Though we also have the same problem here on earth with a few. But in Rexus Prime, things are...different. More complicated.

Susan: Another planet, another government, yeah we know.

D.Morgan: Exactly. So, the situation wasn't very...controllable. Just nine months ago, our intelligence found out that at least 3 officers in the planet were secretly working underground without giving any report to HQ. We tried to solve that matter before it got out of hand...but we couldn't.

Reyna: And that's when it all happened?

D.Morgan: Almost...As I said we sent two of our best agents to resolve the situation, but they were killed instantly.

Rj: Wait...When you say two of your best agents...You don't mean...

D.Morgan: What, Kate and Max? No...No. They're...well...let's, for now, say that they're "retired".

Reyna: Wait...retired? What do you mean?

D.Morgan: All in due time, sweetheart. So, as I was saying...we didn't learn about this until one day after. When we finally realised what was going on, we knew it was a trap and that they knew we were coming.

Rj: But wait...How did they know you were coming?

Susan: Exactly, isn't the mission and planing only shown to the high command council? And they couldn't have the equipment to spy on you, could they?

D.Morgan: That is correct.

Rj: So it was an...inside job? But from who?

D.Morgan: That...we don't know. Trust me, if we did, this wouldn't have been so bad.

Reyna: Then do something about it! Find the man responsible for it!

D.Morgan: Reyna...Think logically. I can't just start blaming someone from the high council. I will get arrested. Even if it is spending resources to spy on one. Maybe it's not even a high-rank. Maybe it's just some minor scouts! No one can know for sure.

Susan: Do we at least have any suspicions on anyone?

D.Morgan: Right now...everyone is a suspect.

Reyna: Including you?

D.Morgan: Technically, yes.

Rj: Oh god...It's more fucked up than I imagined.

D.Morgan: You should let me handle this case. Right now you must focus on other things. When the time is right, we'll get onto that matter.

Reyna: Alright. So...how did the situation get out of control?

D.Morgan: We simply underestimated Victus's influence over the people. We thought that by ending the war we...would win. But...it's the exact opposite. And now the "beast" is awakening. And if we don't tame or capture it...then it will grow bigger and stronger day by day...until it unleashes its full power. And that will mean another Galactic war. Which is something no one desires.

Reyna: Alright...So tell us the part where we come in handy.

D.Morgan: I was getting to that. So right now there's chaos all over Rexus Prime. Mostly in it's big cities, Lion's Gate, Tiger Claw and Redfeather. I think you heard that 2 of our corvettes were also destroyed in the atmosphere? That was an inside job...Must have been when the ships were re-fuelling on land. For now...Redfeather is under our control. The separatists, the rebels, call them whatever you want, completely control 3 out of 4 sectors, total, in Lion's Gate. Tiger claw is unstable for the time being, but they are sure to move in with the first chance. We can't bring any CAS to deal with them by air, because they control some of the biggest AA guns, cannons, missiles and turrets the EUF has to offer. Going there by air is simply suicide. The main roads and likely areas are also covered in mines which again...means death. So we can't bring any heavy armour support, whatsoever. Right now we are still organising our troops on the field. Artillery strikes hit them since the revolt started. But they won't give up. And that's because of the 2 large shield generators that are covering most of the city.

Reyna: In other words, they took your equipment and turned it against you. Huh. And so fast...

D.Morgan: Yes. Guys...this is not just a briefing. If you fail your next mission, or if the separatists gain more power, it's over. A massive war will break out. You are the only ones that I have faith into...You're the only ones who can do it. Everyone else will fail. And for the Lord's sake, we can't risk another war.

Rj: Thank you David. It's good to know you trust us for the most difficult situations. It's an Honour. We won't fail you.

D.Morgan: I'm sure you won't. But from now on it gets really tough. If anything happens to you---

Reyna: Hey. Don't worry, alright? We've faced bigger threats and we came out victorious. Name one other person who can do that!

D.Morgan: Ah...I guess you're right. Even though I kinda hesitate to say it...

Susan: Alright then. Tell us what we need to do.

D.Morgan: Not now...In one hour. Come into the briefing room for more analysed tactics and movement. And...it won't be just the four of you.

Rj: Hm...Interesting.

Reyna: Well guys? Seems like we're back in action again!

Susan: Hell yeah! I got sick of all this waiting and searching.

Reyna: Searching isn't a problem now.

Susan: Indeed it isn't.

Rj: Isn't that the start of a new adventure or what?!

0