Chapter 29 – Mr.Suit
61 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Mr.Suit"]

"The Z1-09 asteroid belt was located between Jupiter and Saturn. A mining corporation has recently built an outpost in the middle, atop the biggest of asteroids which it was the size of a small town.

A shuttle arrived and landed next to a hatch that immediately extended and connected with the ship’s door. This created a walkway that allowed the passengers to enter into the station without getting exposed to zero gravity and the lack of oxygen. There were at least 10 more of these entry points around the base.

While most of the passengers were miners and technicians, one stood out from the rest. It was a man wearing a black suit that was carrying a briefcase with a clean face and had his hair pulled back.

The hallway led them to a small room where 3 doors were leading deeper into the base. The room also contained one person. One woman around her 60’s, which was sitting behind a desk, typing into a computer. Without raising her head she asked for everyone to get into a line and have their papers ready.

While waiting for his turn the man looked around the room. It was pretty clean for a mining station but mostly empty with the exception of a few helmets hanging from a wall and a box with the word H2O written on it.

The woman was surprised to see a man that well dressed and that well clean in a place where the majority of the population barely managed to clean their teeth, let alone take a shower"

Woman: I don’t think you are here to work for us.

Man: Let’s just say I am here to meet some associates and I would suggest not asking any more questions if you don’t mind.

Woman: Don’t worry 'Mr Suit'. They don’t pay me enough to care about what people’s intentions are in here. Go ahead. All your papers are in order.

Man: Thank you. I don’t think you can give me directions towards whatever is the place here you go and eat?

Woman: Eh. Just take the right door and keep heading straight.

Man: Thank you my dear madam.

"As the man was walking through the base’s corridors he noticed that most of the personnel were heading the same way as him. So far the people he was searching for weren’t present anywhere.

The path was ending in an open door with the sign “Cafeteria” written in a sign above it. He entered into a big square room with long and short tables where most of them were occupied by workers. The room also included a closed door where general “kitchen” ambient sounds could be heard. A small screen was located in the opposite of the door and was displaying a message: “Today’s special: Chicken soup”.

He was approached by a man that was wearing a white apron who was cleaning his hands"

Cook: Can I help you with something buddy?

"His mouth released a combined smell of tobacco and cheese"

Man: I am looking for some friends of mine. I thought I could find them here but I haven’t spotted them yet.

Cook: Good luck with that. Want me to bring you anything in the meantime?

Man: Well. I wouldn’t say no to some…

Cook: I was joking princess. You want to eat or drink anything, come and get it from the kitchen.

"As he was walking away the cook picked a gum from his pocket and threw it in his mouth with a swift move"

Man: What a charming fellow.

"After spending half an hour looking around with no results, he decided maybe he just got wrong information and someone over at HQ was playing a prank on him. But suddenly the door opened and three figures entered the room. They took a seat on a table further away from all the others"

"The man adjusted his suit and approached them"

Kayle: Greetings. My name is Kayle. Can I have a word with you?

“No. Fuck off.”

Kayle: Why is everyone so rude here? Ok Mr Falcrac. I will be on my way then.

"As soon as this word came out of his mouth, the tallest of the group rose up, grabbing him and pushing him against the wall"

Kayle: Wait, before you do anything you are going to regret. I am an ally. And you are ruining my suit.

“Gideon let him down. We are drawing attention.”

Kayle: Many thanks.

“Shut up and sit down.”

"Kayle grabbed the only unused chair and placed his briefcase atop the table. He, then, cleared his throat and continued"

Kayle: Listen and be quiet we don’t have much time. Yes we know who you are. That’s why I am here. We need Darkstar back on the field.

"He opens his briefcase revealing several files"

Kayle: Let’s see. You, big guy. You are Gideon Harril right? That red-haired lady that is ready to slit my throat is Iren Gillev and last but not least is...Leonev Falcrac.

Leonev: Who gave you all that information? Rexus Intelligence was supposed to delete everything concerning the Spec Ops division before we had to surrender. No one else had access to our private data.

Kayle: I had to start from the start of the Rexian military to find even a bit of info about you. You know how to hide. You don’t have to worry. Only me and a couple other people know your identities

Gideon: You said something about “bringing us back on the field”. I am pretty sure the war is over. I don’t know if you were sleeping under a rock all that time.

Kayle: Don’t worry my friend. Let’s just say that there has been a plan on the works since the “grant finale” on Rexus Prime. And that plan is ready. But I can’t explain anything until we leave this place. Too many ears and eyes.

"The cafeteria was slowly emptying as the workers were finishing their meal. Suddenly three technicians entered the room holding toolboxes and moving towards the kitchen"

Iren: You aren’t explaining much anyways. How do we know he isn’t working with the Front? We may follow you and end up surrounded by guns just because a handsome guy in a suit told us he needs us.

Kayle: Thank you for the compliment, but what can I do for you in order to trust me?

Leonev: First of all. Who truly are you?

Kayle: My name is Kayle Jakobin. My father was from Earth and my mother from Rexus Prime. I am 32, single and I hate broccoli. I was special forces just like you during the war, expect I wasn’t in the middle of carnage. I was performing the boring stuff. Intelligence, counter-Intelligence, going undercover. Maybe a sabotage operation or two. Nothing too fancy. I lost many friends in the war. But I know that even you didn’t leave this hell unharmed.

Gideon: You better not open this conversation...okay? You are walking on a dangerous path.

Kayle: Don’t worry. And that wasn’t my intention. I am sorry. But you need to tell me if you decided yet. We could use you. Breaking out the big boss won’t be easy.

Leonev: So that's what it is then? You want to bring the madman back? Huh. That’s fantastic.

Kayle: Listen. Victus is a lunatic but he knows how to lead and cares about his people. Plus we get our lives back. Don’t you tell me that you prefer guarding mining facilities from pirate attacks?

Iren: No. But starting another war is not an option.

"Suddenly the kitchen door opened and all the personnel started moving towards the exit"

Iren: Anyway. I was saying---

Gideon: Wait. Something is not right. Why did those guys leave? They always stay here at least one more hour before locking down the room and opening it again during the night. And where are the engineers that we saw earlier?

"Leonev picked a small walkie-talkie from his belt and spoke to someone"

Leonev: Eh Rick. Did you sent anyone down on the kitchen for maintenance? We saw some of your boys entering the room.

Rick: What? No. I have most of my engineers working on a damaged drill. One of those big T-5s. And the others are getting some rest before their shift. And now that you mention it, some uniforms and toolboxes are missing. But the tools are still here.

Leonev: Shit. OK. Keep me informed.

"The sound of the cafeteria's door being locked is heard by all four individuals"

Kayle: I have a bad feeling about thi---

"Suddenly, there's a big explosion. The kitchen door explodes into pieces and a smoke grenade is thrown from the inside. Gideon throws down the table and they get cover behind it"

Kayle: Please tell me you have some form of weaponry with you.

Leonev: All guns are locked in the armory if they are not needed.

Iren: I still have my knives.

"She opens her jacket and a belt is attached into her front body with one edge reaching to the left shoulder and the other, to her right part of the waist. It contained small throwable knifes as well as a bigger one used for close quarters combat"

Gideon: We need to wait for the smoke to clear. “COUGH COUGH”.

Kayle: Wait. I have something.

"Kayle reaches and picks a spherical object from within his suit"

Kayle: Remember where exactly they came from?

Gideon: North from where I was standing. But can’t be sure. We are trapped. Only a matter of time before they start firing.

"The smoke was slowly disappearing. Iren took a quick look by lifting her head a bit"

Leonev: What did you see?

Iren: Three boogies equipped with silenced smgs approaching fast.

Kayle: Here we go.

"Kayle, without exiting cover, throws the small grenade creating a shockwave that throwed the armed enemies back casuing them to hit the wall"

Leonev: NOW.

Kayle: I will get the door.

"All four vaulted over the table and started running towards their objectives. Darkstar getting their foes and Kayle opening the door. The first to get up was a man with a long beard that attempted to shoot the incoming Rexian team but it was too late as Iren was already close to him grabbing her combat knife and stabbing the operator.

The second soldier tried to shoot the woman but she grabbed the bleeding and dead body of the first victim, using him as shield. Gideon tackled the shooter sending him to the ground. He picked up the smg and was ready to shoot but the gun was empty. The soldier kicked him back and ran behind a table that the shockwave threw down.

Meanwhile Leonev has picked a fight with the third foe after successfully disarming him. The enemy tried to un-holster his pistol but Leonev was faster, picking it up and shooting him three times in the side under the ribcage. He was ready to finish him off but the other soldier covered behind the table threw another smoke grenade hitting Leonev in the head with it.

After losing his balance for a few seconds he heard the door opening as Kayle had burned the lock with a small hand-held laser cutter. He dropped the pistol and started running towards the exit. As they were running through the corridors, alarms could be heard"

Gideon: Now what?

Kayle: The shuttle that I arrived with hasn’t left yet. We can use it.

"A young man appeared behind pointing a pistol at them"

Security guard: Stop right there. Hands up!

Gideon: Kid. Put the gun down. You haven’t seen us, we haven’t seen you. Keep moving

Security guard: I said hands up.

"Iren turned and with a swift move threw a knife into the guard’s head between the eyes"

Leonev: What the hell did you just do, Iren? Are you crazy?

Iren: It was him or us.

Kayle: Cut the chatter and move.

"When they entered the room it was empty and not even the old woman was there. They started running through the walkway. A man was standing in the ship’s entrance eating a sandwich"

Pilot: What is all that commotion? Are you the only passengers? I need to leave in 5 minutes.

Kayle: Sorry. The schedule has changed.

"He grabbed the pilot and chocked him unconscious by holding him with the inner part of the shoulder"

Leonev: Gideon you drive. Get us out of here.

Gideon: I am on it.

"As the ship was preparing to launch into hyperspace, Leonev approached Kayle"

Leonev: I guess at this point we don’t have a choice. What is the plan?

"A smile was formed at Kayle’s face"

"Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, as the smoke was clearing out, the man that was covered behind the table was trying to help his injured comrade"

“Alpha-Nine do you read?”

Soldier: Command this is Alpha-Nine. Lieutenant Karion is dead, I am injured and Sergeant Jay is bleeding from multiple gunshots. We require evac. The mission was a failure. All targets have escaped.

Command: Alpha-Nine a dropship is on its way. Keep the miners away and don’t answer them any questions. Command - Out.

0