Chapter 30 – Ghost Squad
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Ghost Squad"]

"One hour Later"

{Location: EUF HQ - Washington DC}

"The four individuals go inside the briefing room for their next mission overview. They are surprised and happy to see Max and Kate already inside"

Reyna: Kate? Max? Guys!

Kate: Hello everyone. It's nice to see you again.

Susan: It's nice to see you guys, too!

Max: And of course that's Zeon? Buddy!

Zeon: Greetings.

D.Morgan: So...I see that you all greeted each other. But we don't have time for that. The situation is dire.

Max: Those filth want to restart another Galactic War.

D.Morgan: Indeed. But we won't let them. That's why you're all here. And I think it's time to discuss details.

Reyna: Wait. David. You said that they were "retired". I would like to know what's generally going on here.

D.Morgan: Do you know who else knows about this mission but me and you all?

Reyna: No?

D.Morgan: No one. It's just us. And it must remain like so.

Rj: But wait...You can't just operate things on your own. You need to discuss with the coun---

D.Morgan: The council...Exactly...

Rj: I see...

D.Morgan: If the traitor, whoever he is, finds out that we're trying to plan a secret operation then it's most likely he'll contact the enemy and set a trap on us again. And I don't want to lose more agents in the field...But right now we have a mission to do.

Susan: Alright then...we're all ears.

D.Morgan: Here's how it goes, Ghost Squad.

Reyna: Ghost Squad?

Rj: Oh hell yea!

Susan: I like that already!

D.Morgan: Yes. For obvious reasons you six must have a name. And "Ghost Squad" seems like your type. So...for this mission I've set up the teams. You'll split into 3 teams. Ghost-1 is Kate and Max. Ghost-2 is Rj and Reyna. Finally Ghost-3 is Susan and Zeon.

Susan: Nice.

D.Morgan: Here's the map. Ghost-1, your mission is to sabotage their communications.

Max: Got it.

D.Morgan: Ghost-2, you are tasked with disabling the first shield generator.

Reyna: Alright.

Rj: Copy.

D.Morgan: Last but not least. Ghost-3, you're going to shut the second and final shield generator down.
Susan: Acknowledged.

D.Morgan: Everyone got it? Alright. When that's all done, bombardments will start all over the city. In which case you'll all meetup in the rendezvous point and wait for the arrival of a quick transport via air at the designated LZ. ETA about 1 mike. Questions, comments, concerns? Excellent. Good luck Ghost Squad.

Kate: Alright. Let's do this!

"Ghost squad was briefed and assigned missions. Approximately 3 hours have passed. They are almost at their drop zones near Lion's Gate"

Pilot: Green in 30"! Get ready!

Max: You heard the guy. Gear up Ghost Squad!

Rj: I'm loving this name!

(Via Radio)-(D.Morgan): Guys. I don't want to remind you how important this operation is. If you fail, we lose. Simple as that. And things are only going to get worst.

Reyna: No worries Admiral. You can count on us.

(Via Radio)-(D.Morgan): Alright then. Good luck. May the Lord be with you.

Kate: Everyone! Free fall until 300 feet! Then operate your jet packs!

Susan: Copy!

Zeon: Got it.

Rj: Ready as hell, babe.

Reyna: Wooh. This is going to be interesting!

Rj: What's that Rey? Afraid of heights?

Reyna: Oh, fuck off. I'm not afraid.

Rj: We'll see about that!

Pilot: Green! Go-Go-Go!

Reyna: Here it comes!

Kate: JUMP!

"Ghost Squad jumps out on a free fall. The transport heads back to the base in Redfeather"

Kate: Ghost-1 heading towards the objective. Good luck guys.

Susan: Ghost-3 is heading towards the task.

Rj: Ghost-2 breaking to mission. Good luck everyone. Let's try and finish it in less that 20 minutes, yes?

Max: You know it!

Zeon: Oh absolutely.

"Everyone splits and heads towards their objectives. With the sound of gunfire and the stormy weather that 'blinds' the atmosphere our heroes move unseen, unheard"

Rj: Alright sis'. Activate jet-pack thrusters and head to our designated position.

Reyna: Copy that.
---
Susan: Ghost-3 is in position. Moving in, now. Looks like only a few enemies here. This should be an easy one.
---
Kate: Copy that Ghost-3. Ghost-1 is also in position. Just a few patrols that's all. Huh. How about you ghost-2?
---
Rj: Ghost-2 just reached. For the time being, it's all clear. How copy, over?
---
Kate: Roger, I hear you.

Max: Hm...I don't like this. Why are they so few, when reports showed that they were going to be more?

Kate: Let that be a lesson to them. We keep on with our mission.

Max: ...I suppose. Let's go.
---
Reyna: Rj. I see two guarding the tower, two teams of two moving on a patrol pattern in a straight line and three guys talking in the side.

Rj: Pick your targets Rey.

Reyna: Alright. Are you ready?

Rj: Ready when you are.
---
"Susan and Zeon move carefully towards the 2nd shield generator panel. They've already eliminated the patrols with silenced guns. They're now heading inside the building"

Susan: Alright. Looks like that was it. Z', cover me as I plant the charges.

Zeon: Affirmative. I'm covering the entrance.

Susan: There we go! Alright let's move. This is Ghost-3, charges are planned. We're on our way to the regroup point. How copy?
---
Kate: We hear you Su'. We're almost done as well. Ghost-2 how about you?
---
Reyna: On our way. This shouldn't take long. W---Rj? What the bloody fuck are you doing there?

Rj: Nothing. Just borrowing his headset.

Reyna: What th---Put it down and cover my six!

Rj: Ah, Fine! Here! Happy?

Reyna: God...Alright. I planned the charges. Ghost-2 is on it's way. Objective set.
---
Kate: Roger. Alright. Ghost 2 and 3 are on their way. Are you done, Max?

Max: Almost. Just need to connect those two little fellas. And...Voila! Alright we're good to go.

Kate: Roger. OK everyone. Let's all regroup at the rendezvous point.

Max: Kate, I'm telling you. Something isn't alright here.

Kate: Yeah, the revolution isn't alright. If they succeed we're screwed.

Max: Not that...ah...can't you see? There are no enemies in their most valuable areas!

Kate: So? They might have moved. I told you. Not our problem if they don't know how to fortify their positions. They're just separatists. Now...Let's head back.

Max: Ah...Alright.
---

"Ghost Squad finished their objectives quicker than expected and have now grouped up. They are waiting for the transport to come pick them up at the designated LZ"

Susan: Wow, that was easy.

Rj: You don't say...

Reyna: Like..."too easy".

Kate: Alright. Ghost Actual, this is Ghost Squad. The charges are set. Timer is 4 mins. How copy?

(via radio)-(D.Morgan): I hear you Ghost Squad. The transport has already been dispatched. ETA 1 mike. Be ready.

Kate: Roger. Alright guys let's pull security. Cover West to East.

Max: Kate...Guys. Listen to me. This wasn't supposed to be THAT easy.

Rj: Oh please, everything is easy for us. We're Ghost Squad!

Susan: Hoo-ah!

Reyna: That's the spirit!

Max: No, you don't understand. I----

Zeon: Guys, I'm detecting heat signatures approaching our way fast!

"Suddenly, as the transport was approaching, a small AP bazooka round hits it's side causing it to lose it's stability. Smoke is quickly deployed while a few grenades hit the sides of where Ghost Squad was standing. At least a hundred separatists are approaching their way fast while firing their guns at them. Some were even closer than the others. They threw flash bangs. Our heroes are trying to resist while they are retreating to the damaged transport. One flash bang temporary blinds Rj and someone throws an electric round at Susan completely disabling her as she falls down unconscious. The enemy is trying to capture them"

Rj: FUCK! AH! GUYS! YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! NOW! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

Kate: IT'S TOO LATE! WE CAN'T SAVE THEM! FALL BACK REY! FALL THE HELL BACK!

Reyna: NO! WE MUST SAVE THEM!

Kate: REY LISTEN TO ME!

"Reyna starts firing non-stop to fend off the enemy"

Kate: Max we need to drag her!

Max: Fuck. Let's go!

Zeon: I am covering you!

"Max and Kate run to drag Reyna back"

Reyna: Ah! No! LET GO!

"Suddenly a grenade hits right next to them as they were trying to drag Reyna. Reyna temporarily goes deaf. Her eyes are closing because of the smoke that was created. Kate and Max were also injured but they're still trying to drag Reyna into the ship. Kate pulls her pistol out and starts firing to cover Max while they're both heading inside. Reyna is stunned. She can barely move. For the time, she can only barely see. Her vision is slowly fading. She's injured"

Kate: GO GO GO! GET US OUT OF HERE!

Pilot: Copy! We're out!

Max: Fuck I knew it...I just [...]

Kate: Come on baby. Don't give up on me. Stay awake Reyna. Stay awake! [...]

0