Chapter 31 – A New Home
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["A New Home"]

{Location: EUF HQ - USA - Washington DC. Three hours after the incident...}

"Reyna wakes up. Her breath is quick and heavy"

Reyna: W---Where...am I?

"She looked around and noticed that she was in the med bay inside the facility, lying on a bed. She tried to stand and walk. By that time the door opened. It was Kate, Max, Zeon and Morgan that walked inside"

Kate: Reyna! You're awake!

D.Morgan: How are you...feeling?

Zeon: I think she needs more rest. It's not healthy to---

Reyna: I'm fine...It's just my head. How much was I unconscious?

Max: Like three hours.

Reyna: Three? Darn...Wait. What...what happened to Rj and Susan? Where are they?

D.Morgan: They were captured. It was just like we feared. The enemy found out that we were coming for them. So they moved their forces and set a trap on us. That's why you didn't encounter any resistance in the field. They were expecting us.

Max: Yeah, but I don't understand why they let us proceed so far with the plan. They could have easily swarmed us when we tried to put the charges.

Kate: I suppose they had something else in mind.

Zeon: Or simply waited for us to regroup so they can have a clear "catch".

Reyna: I can't believe I did this...

Kate: Hey. Relax. You heard what Morgan said. It wasn't your fault. They trapped us.

Reyna: If anything happens to them I---

D.Morgan: Well, no matter what, we must save them. That's our priority right now. And let's hope that the Separatists won't gain any more ground.

Reyna: Oh god...who knows what those rebels are doing to them as we speak? They may be torturing them...They---

Kate: Don't worry honey, we'll find them and save them. I promise you that.

Reyna: I...Ah! I just don't understand how they knew we were coming! David, you said that no one else knew about this but us! What the hell happened?

D.Morgan: I---uh. That's what we're trying to figure out with the rest. But whoever did this, somehow got that information, God knows how. I just...don't know what the fuck is going on here. Lately, every time I try to do something, the enemy always knows we are coming! Like the day I sent those agents out to scout and the separatists knew we were doing it! I just...

Kate: Yeah...

Zeon: Indeed. That's nuts.

Max: There is no possible way of knowing what we're planing in a secured room...

Zeon: It's almost like they can see or hear us when we plan it.

"Suddenly David Morgan stares at Zeon"

D.Morgan: Wait...what did you say?

Zeon: I said..."Indeed. That's nuts."

D.Morgan: No...No. After that!

Zeon: Oh. It's almost like they can hear us or maybe even see us when we're there.

Max: But...that can't be true unless they have---

D.Morgan: Unless they've planned secret devices in the briefing room! Hell, that's it!

Kate: Oh my...

D.Morgan: How come I never saw that coming? How did I not notice?! Oh but of course! But it must have been high-tech or else my sensors would have picked any of them off. My luck...

Reyna: So...what do we do now?

D.Morgan: One thing is for sure. We can't trust any places that have cameras in them. Specially the briefing room. Because they've surely hid a device inside, somehow. We need to find a new place to organise our tactics. And while we're at it, I'll inform everyone to search for hidden devices. But until then...

Kate: Right. But where? There's no room that's not being watched 24/7.

D.Morgan: True. We'll need a new one. And I know just the place.

Reyna: What do you have in mind exactly?

D.Morgan: Suit up. Come with me.

"Morgan took the team out and brought them to an abandoned facility complex in New York. They went inside"

Reyna: Wow, that's big enough.

Max: Huh. Even bigger in the inside. I like it!

Kate: It's not that far from our HQ either. Are we going to be staying here?

D.Morgan: I'm glad you all like it. And no. You are not just going to be staying here. This is your quarters from now on. Welcome to your own personal HQ, Ghost squad!

Zeon: Really? It has nothing in it.

D.Morgan: Not to worry team. In just a few minutes we will start getting all the equipment and devices we need. Including a brand new virtual training room I ordered. Plus I need to conduct a full on search on the HQ. Make sure all the spy quipment is dealt with. That whole situtation really benefited you, from my perspective.

Kate: Wait. A virtual training room? Heck yeah!

D.Morgan: It will only take a few hours until it's all done. I contacted my men on our way here. They should have already started.

Max: Nice. I think we're going to like it.

Reyna: Looks like this is our new home...

D.Morgan: It is Reyna. It is...Since now you are officially one of the best teams EUF can field. I wanted to wait a little longer but...This is the right time for all of this to happen. And together we will strike back. And save Susan and your brother. I promise you that.

0