Chapter 39 – On The Run
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["On The Run"]

{Unknown Prison}

Gideon: Man prison life is boring. No one tried to kill us yet.

Kayle: Speak of the devil. Here come the boys.

"Around 20 prisoners arrived at the bench where the squad members were sitting. A huge crowd of inmates was formed"

M.I(Mexican Inmate): How you doing holmes? You settled in?

Leonev: Yes, thank you. Anything I can do for you?

M.I: You think you are funny puta? My guys over here will eat you for dinner.

Leonev: They should wait. Food will be served in about 2 hours. I heard we will be having chicken soup today. Also that’s a nice knife you been hiding in your pocket. Come on. Try and stab me. I will be waiting. Won’t even move.

"Meanwhile...in one of the guard towers"

Guard: Should we break them up?

Guard 2: Just wait and see. Oh man. Three versus 20. This seems unfair for our “older customers”.

Guard: You kidding right?

Guard 2: Haven’t you heard who these guys are? Well...You are about to find out.

{{ Radio Chatter }} “We have a situation in the west female wing. A red haired inmate has put down at least 8 other prisoners and has engaged at least other 11”

Guard 2: Have you attempted to calm down the situation?

{{ Radio Chatter }} “We don’t have a death wish Mack. We want all our teeth and bones intact. Don’t worry. She is clearing the house by herself”

"Back at the courtyard..."

M.I: Oh I am going to enjoy this.

"Suddenly a squad of heavily armed guards pushed away the prisoners"

Squad Leader: You three. Come. It’s time. And hands behind your back.

"After walking on a few corridors they exited on a parking space where they were thrown inside an armored vehicle"

Gideon: How hard could it be to have a window or too. I can’t see shit.

Iren: How are you guys?

Leonev: Good hearing you girl. Ready to take this show on the road?

"After about an hour, the vehicle stopped"

Kayle: Here is our stop.

Guard: Ok come out. Slow moves.

"They were located on a huge underground garage filled both with military and civilian vehicles"

"Meanwhile, Morgan was a few meters higher inside a packed viewing room"

Morgan: E.T.A?

Interrogator: About now. I will go to my seat. I suggest the rest of you do the same.

"The interrogator opened a door and descended a few steps into a small square room with one more door to the opposite side and the viewing window a bit high to the right wall. The room also included five chairs. He picked one of the chairs brought it close to the door and waited. After a while the opposite door opened and about 8 guards escorted the prisoners in. They locked them in the chairs and proceeded to take position around the room"

Interrogator: Ok. Let’s begin. Please state your name, rank and age for the record.

Gideon: Can’t remember me? It’s me. Your old pal Shamus Mcfuckyourself.

Leonev: G'. Come on man.

Gideon: *Sigh* Sergeant Gideon Preston Harril. 36 years old.

Interrogator: You?

Kayle: Rank 2 Specialist Kyle Jakobin. 33.

Interrogator: I am guessing this is a Rexian rank, then. You girl?

Iren: Lieutenant Iren Gillev. 32 years old.

Interrogator: Thank you very much. And you?

Leonev: Lieutenant Leonev Falcrac. 34.

Interrogator: If you are both lieutenants then who is in charge?

Iren: This one. I got promoted like a few months before the war ended.

Interrogator: Ok then. Let’s begin.

"They told him everything. About the positions, the equipment, the number of soldiers, the most likely places to be ambushed, where the prisoners are held, the patrol routes that they were taking, the weakest and the strongest defended positions. They didn’t however spoke at all about the base on the old space station. Only technicians and engineers were located there. They were just doing their job. Behind the glass the tacticians were already working on new plans. With all that information they could have this war at its end before the next month"

Interrogator: So that’s all?

Leonev: Yep. Everything.

Interrogator: Well. Thank you.

Kayle: What happens with us now?

Interrogator: This can’t be decided by me.

"The guard raised the squad up started moving towards the cells. A team of four approached them and halted them"

Squad Leader: Who are you?

Soldier: We have orders to take these from you.

Squad Leader: Maybe. But I wasn’t informed about anything.

Soldier: Here are the papers.

"The soldier hands the SL their papers"

Squad Leader: Everything looks in order. Here are the keys for the handcuffs. Haven’t seen you here, though. Are you new?

Soldier: We just arrived from Mars. I already prefer this place.

Squad Leader: Cells are on the last floor. Thanks for reliving us.

Soldier: Our pleasure. OK. Let’s move.

"There was something strange about these guys. During the war Leonev used to study about the EUF military, trying to learn as much as he could. One of the first things he was taught is that when inside a friendly-occupied building, EUF members were supposed to wear a small tag with their name and rank so they won’t be confused with mercenaries, civilians, or other. These guys didn’t.

Also, it’s impossible to have come from Mars because the facilities there only allow entrance only to members of the EUF army. Even if you were the highest of highest admirals you would still need a very important reason to enter the atmosphere. So even if they were mercenaries they wouldn’t have landed on Mars meaning they wouldn’t have any experience there in order to “prefer this place”, as they said earlier. Also the elevator didn’t stop at the last floor but kept going to the basement. Plus they were equipped with silencers.

One of the team’s (Darkstar) call signs was silently singing the Special Operations initiation oath with the head facing down. This meant that that one member of the team has caught up that something is very wrong with the current situation"

Leonev (silently): This is the law of the jungle. As old and as true as the sky…

"Only Gideon heard him"

Gideon (silently): The wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die…

"This time Kyle heard them both"

Kyle (silently): As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk the law runneth forward and back…

Soldier: What the fuck are you whispering?

Iren: For the strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

"All four: Rexus aeternum"

"The elevator doors opened with the team standing over their captors"

Gideon: Nice thinking boss. Fuckers tried to execute us.

Leonev: We are trapped in the bottom of an E.U.F building. That’s not so good. Let’s move the bodies.

Kayle: There should be an exit somewhere here

"After searching in the dusty storeroom they found a metal door hidden behind some crates. But it wouldn’t even move. After some pushing they saw that an old fridge was in front of it"

Leonev: Before we do anything. Get their pistols and ammunition. Once we go out we need to find some clothes. These prison suits are surely to draw some attention.

Kayle: Why don't we simply take their clot….

"The elevator doors opened and a janitor was standing next to a cart full of junk. As soon as he saw the bodies he touched the communicator on his ears"

“WE HAVE DEAD EUF PERSONEL ON THE BASEMENT”

"Gideon charged and pushed the refrigerator opening the door. They were located on an alley in a large city. In front of them was a red ladder scaling a building"

Kayle: WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? MOVE.

"They climbed and arrived at the top of a building. Leonev took a look where they came from. He started laughing"

Leonev: Oh you sons of bitches.

"They were at the EUF Regional Headquarters at Washington, DC"

"They started running jumping from rooftop to rooftop. They could already hear the gunships and the police on the ground arriving. At some point they jumped from a building only to crash inside a clothes shop by breaking it's glass roof. They picked some clothes as fast as possible and exited from the main entrance and started running again pushing civilians out of their way. After turning to a corner, a gunship was hovering very close to the road.

Gideon started running towards the gunship. He fired a few rounds to the glass of the cockpit, jumped to a car and then jumped in the gunship breaking the glass and taking down the pilots. He opened the entrance ramp. The team entered and the ship ascended to the skies above the city"

Kayle: Where are we heading?

Leonev: Anywhere but here. Punch it big guy.

"As they were exiting the city boundaries the police cars and the gunships had now become Arrow fighters and a Vortex bomber"

Iren: Someone left two combat thrusters and a couple assault rifles with ammo here. Gideon open the hatch.

Leonev: Don’t you dare.

Iren: Too late.

"She jumped off and started heading towards the enemy squad"

Kayle: I like her plan.

"He jumps off too"

"Leonev sat to the co-pilot’s seat and got access to the gunship's bottom minigun. Gideon turned the ship around and they opened fire"

EUF Pilot: Eh something is coming. Are these… People?

"Iren and Kyle were landing atop the fighters, killing the pilots and moving off to other targets. The enemy bomber locked on the gunship and was ready to fire its rockets. But Kayle opened the hatch at the top of the bomber entering and killing the pilot and then jumping off causing the bomber to crush to the ground. Meanwhile a corvette was descending behind the hovering gunship. Kayle and Iren flew their ship over"

Leonev: What are they doing? Shit. Follow them.

"Gideon pulled up the gun, turned the ship around and went in with full thrusters. The enemy corvette opened fire with its machineguns. Using this as distraction, the “fliers” landed one the top of the corvette’s bridge"

Iren: Didn’t these things use to have a hatch for emergency exit?

Kayle: I have a better idea.

"Kayle jumped and started hovering in front of the bridge'

EUF Captain: What in the hell… Shoot him! Wait...No no---!

"The front guns of the corvette turned and fired at the bridge while at the same time the gunship was passing under it. The ship started falling slowly. The two members entered the gunship and threw their packs to the ground"

Kayle: How are we doing?

Leonev: Not good. More ships are coming.

"Two more corvettes had arrived. Gideon passed between them causing their guns to fire at each other. However one shot hit the gunship's engines. While trying to stabilise the ship, they crushed inside the barn of an old farm"

Leonev: Pick everything useful and let’s go. There should be another city close by. We hide there and then we will plan something... Anything.

"...A few minutes before EUF realised about their dead from Darkstar..."

{Location: Ghost Squad Head Quarters}

"Ghost Squad is standing by for their next mission. They were informed by David Morgan that Darkstar was heading for interrogation. It is only a matter of time before they get a briefing via holo-screen"

Rj: Ah come on, come on! I want to see some action God dammit! They must have picked them up already! What are we waiting for?!

Max: Relax. Stay put. The Admiral is going to let us know when the mission begins.

Kate: Don't get your hopes up. Probably just another wipe out / sabotage / behind enemy lines...that sorts of things. Not going after Victus yet.

Rj: Yet...

"In the meantime, Reyna is heading towards the weapons room where Susan and Zeon were choosing their equipment"

Susan: Look, if you're getting the mark two grenade launcher, I need you to be extra careful with it. It's a prototype.

Zeon: Do not worry Susan.

Susan: Good.

Reyna: Hey.

Susan: Oh, hi honey, whats up?

Reyna: Nothing special. Can I um...talk to you for a minute?

Susan: Sure.

Reyna: Alone?

Susan: Uh. Sure. Zeon?

Zeon: Yes?

Susan: Do you mind?

Zeon: I do not understand the meaning of your sentence.

Susan: Like, can you leave us alone for a min?

Zeon: Oh, sure.

Susan: Good.

Zeon: ...

Susan: ...

Zeon: ...

Susan: Zeon!

Zeon: Oh, you mean alone-alone. Got you!

Susan: Yeah...So anyway. What do you want to tell me?

Reyna: I was about to ask...if you have something to tell me.

Susan: I don't understand.

Reyna: You know. About what happened last time?

Susan: What happened last time?

Reyna: Susan!

Susan: What?!

Reyna: Su', don't play coy.

Susan: I'm not!

Reyna: I saw you with my brother.

Susan: Oh...I...I'm not sure what you mean. I---

Reyna: Aw, come here you! You only had to tell me!

Susan: No, Rey. Look, you misunderstood. I was just trying to---

Reyna: Kiss him?

Susan: What? I...may...be.

Reyna: Just admit it!

Susan: Ok fine! Is that what you wanted to hear? I think I have feelings for him...I didn't at first, but I do now! I...I don't even know!

Reyna: Hey. It's alright, really! And just for your information, he likes you too.

Susan: Look, I---

Reyna: Hey. I know my brother. I know him better than even he does. I know when he falls in love and he means it. Last time it was on high school. Haven't seen him that anxious and happy ever since...

Susan: Really?

Reyna: Really. Go for it. Trust me. He'll probably take it slow. But it's up to you if you want to speed things up a little bit.

Susan: I mean...It's not really the time with the war and all. I just...I don't know.

Reyna: Well think about it! And remember, I'm always here if you need any advice.

Susan: Thanks Rey. You're the best.

"Susan hugs Reyna"

Reyna: Well I better get going now.

Max: Guys come quick, all of you! We've got an incomming transmition from the admiral!

Rj: Finally, the mission!

"Everyone gathers around in the living room for their briefing"

(From Screen) David Morgan: Ghost Squad, are you there, can you all hear me?

Kate: We're here boss. What's going on?

(From Screen) David Morgan: Darkstar.

Rj: What? Did anything happen?

(From Screen) David Morgan: They killed at least five guys and escaped the complex, that's what happened. You need to be ready. They may try to come for you.

Susan: Well it's about time. I'm tired of hunting them down.

(From Screen) David Morgan: This isn't a laughing matter miss Rain. Maybe this has something to do with Victus himself. Maybe it was all a trick. I can't know. We got valuable information about Rexus Prime from them, that's the only good news. Army and police are on their tracks as we speak. Stand by and await further orders, Ghost Squad. I will update you soon. Morgan - out.

Reyna: Great. Another trick.

Rj: How are we getting fooled all the time? I swear, this revolution...

Max: What is Victus even doing? Are they even on his tracks? Do they even know what he's up to?

Reyna: Well, we're about to find out real soon. Gear up people. Let's go find them.

Zeon: Admiral David Morgan specifically said to stand by. We can't just---

Susan: I agree with Reyna.

Rj: Don't look at me, I'm dying for some action!

Kate: Oh yeah!

Max: Well, whatever. Everything is better than staying in a large house doing nothing.

Zeon: Ah...Great. We're going to get in so much trouble for this...

Reyna: Nice. Very well then! Ghost Squad. Move out. Time to teach those Rexian fools a lesson.

0