Chapter 50 – Judgement Day
72 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Judgement Day"]

"The day had come. Everyone was prepared. The fleet has formed up and is ready to go into super-cruise to reach their destination. Rexus Prime. About 90% of the UF fleet is gathered and more than half of the entire United Front army is aboard, ready to assault the planet. Ghost Squad is also ready. They are waiting for the jump"

Rj: This is it.

Reyna: Yeah. It's close.

Susan: Very close.

Rj: In just a few seconds we will be travelling into space. Huh. Seems so close. Yet...it's even closer.

Zeon: It's fooling, indeed.

Susan: We're gonna be alright guys...We're gonna be alright.

"Suddenly a voice is heard through the speakers"

"Every soldier. Gather in the main deck. I repeat. Every soldier. Gather in the main deck."

Reyna: Well guys?

Rj: Let's go.

"Everyone had gathered in the centre once again. Ready to hear admiral Morgan's speech, for what may be the last they ever hear"

Morgan: Soldiers! The day...has come. I know that every single one of you is ready. And those who aren't...well. Take example. But to all the rest...everything will be judged upon this battle. The judgement day is finally here! Let's show these Rexians what we're made of! I trust that in my ship I don't have runners! I don't have traitors! I HAVE WARRIORS! I HAVE MEN WITH BALLS! I - HAVE - YOU!

"Everyone starts cheering"

Morgan: Now go to your battle stations. And good luck to all of you! Make our planet proud! MAKE - EARTH - PROUD!

"Everyone starts cheering again. This time even more"

EUF Officer: Sir. Everything is ready. Awaiting your orders.

"Morgan turns and stares at the officer for a split second. Then he replies..."

Morgan: Do it.

EUF Officer: Roger. Prepare to jump!

EUF Operator: This is ERS Independence. To all fleet. We are ready.

EUF Captain 1: Copy that Independence. Frigate "Armagedon" is ready as well.

EUF Captain 2: This is the captain of ERS Dignity. We are also ready.

EUF Captain 3: ERS Justice is also ready.

EUF Captain 4: Destroyer "Hercules" is also ready!

EUF Captain 5: ERS Prince here. We are ready.

"The communications continued on to the last ship. Finally, everyone was ready and the jump to space was about to commence"

EUF Officer: The final countdown begins. Jump to hyperspace will commence in 10!

EUF Soldier: This is it Mack. I'm happy to serve with you man.

"Nine!"

EUF Marine: Lord Jesus. Please forgive my sins. Give mercy to me---

"Eight!"

Kate: Everything works fine. Retract the fuel.

Max: Guns ready. Ammo is full. This is gonna be a blast.

Kate: I have your back. I turst you have mine?

Max: Always.

"Seven!"

EUF Soldier: It's been nice knowing you buddy.

EUF Soldier 2: You too man. You too.

"Six!"

EUF Corporal: I'm sorry honey. I need to go...I love you.

"Five!"

"The team gathers. They make a circle"

Rj: We're going to live...

"Four!"

Reyna: Because we'll be together...

"Three!"

Susan: Like a team...

"Two!"

Zeon: Like a family...

"One!"

Morgan: God have mercy on our souls...

"Jump!"

"The whole fleet, then, jumps to hyperspace. There's silence as the fleet travels. No one moves"

EUF crew: Sir. Thirty seconds.

Morgan: Proceed as told. Don't break formation.

"Suddenly, Duke calls Morgan via radio"

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: Morgan.

Morgan: Duke.

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: Wanted to wish you luck.

Morgan: Thank you sir.

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: Leave "sir" to the generals. I need you to promise me that you'll stay alive.

Morgan: I...can't make such promise Duke. I'm sorry.

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: At least...Promise me you'll kill him.

Morgan: Ghost Squad will make sure of it. You can rest assure for that.

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: Good...Good.

EUF Crew: Five seconds!

(Via Radio) Duke Wellington: Good luck old friend.

Morgan: Goodbye Duke.

EUF Crew: One second! Now! Release!

EUF Officer: RELEASE!

"The Rexian armada sees flashes far in space. They almost cover their view. For some seconds there is silence. Then...it began"

Morgan: Open fire!

"Open fire!"

"Fire at them!"

"Fighters, launch!"

Max: Let's do this Kate. You and me!

Kate: Hah! That's the way I like it!

Max: [Talking on Radio] Good luck guys.

Reyna: [Talking on Radio] You too.

"All hell breaks loose. Fighters come out of every ship engaging the enemy. The big ships also engage their counterparts. Some fighters are destroyed before they even get out of their hangars, from the chaotic fire. The Independence loads and fires it's massive frontal cannon destroying a handful of frigates"

Morgan: GO! WE MADE WAY FOR THE TRANSPORTS!

EUF Commander: All transports, Go-Go-Go!

"Ships make way for the transports. A lot of them are getting out heading to Rexus Prime. Two frigates carrying armoured vehicles are also making their way down"

Transport Pilot: We're heading for Rexus Prime! Everyone, brace!

Rj: I have a bad feeling about this.

Victus: Give the order. Fire.

Transport Pilot: We are---What the hell? Oh shit! INCOMING!

"Suddenly, fire from the planet's defences is hitting the transports after Victus's signal. Many are getting destroyed on their way down. Some didn't even make it to the atmosphere"

"FUCKING HELL!"

"We're getting destroyed up here!"

"Fucking brace! Hold on!"

"I'm going to die...I'm going to die..!"

Rj: Come on, come on!

Susan: We can do this!

"This is transport 87! We're----[static]"

"Sir! Two tens of our transports are already gone!"

Morgan: They can make it. They must make it.

"All of a sudden, incoming fire hits Ghost Squad's shuttle"

"FUCK! WE'RE HIT! AGHH!"

Reyna: Bloody hell, we're losing stability!

EUF Sergeant: Ready yourselves guys! This is going to be a rough landing!

Susan: Oh God.

Rj: Fuck my life!

"Finally, transports are touching the ground. Including Ghost Squad. The soldiers start getting out to advance. Everyone is trying to find cover. Ghost Squad reaches the rendezvous point. Lieutenant James Brook approaches them while he gets down to cover, as the Rexian defenders are firing upon EUF forces from bunkers and entrenched positions. Rexian armoured vehicles are also focusing their fire on the attackers"

Lt.Brook: Fucking hell. We're pinned down hard. You're with the special forces?

Reyna: Yes sir. We're Ghost Squad. Here to aid with the assault.

Lt.Brook: Huh. Ain't the front lines lovely? Good. We're bloody pinned over here. We need to move. Rexian APCs and IFVs are firing on us, as well. And our God damn armour should have arrived by now.

Rj: So, what's the plan? What do we do?

Lt.Brook: Charge. That's the only thing we can do.

Susan: Charge where? In the fucking middle of the chaos?

Lt.Brook: No. To that bunker. East.

Susan: Oh. Sounds a little better.

Lt.Brook: Clear that out, wait for our support to come and then we push forward to deactivate the fucking shield generator, so our guys can fire down from above.

Reyna: Got it.

EUF Corporal: Sir. We need to move away from this position. We're all gonna die!

Lt.Brook: Right. Let's do this. Charge! Go, go, go! To the bunker!

"The right flank charges at the bunker. Soldiers are dying all around while they are running to find cover as they advance. Mortar fire starts and many more are getting blown up"

Lt.Brook: FUCK! KEEP RUNNING! DON'T FUCKING STOP!

"Agh! My leg!"

"Medic! Medic!"

"I'm here buddy. You're gonna be alright. You're gonna---agh!---"

"I don't wanna die! Help me!"

"Someone! Help me! My arms!"

Reyna: Keep running guys. We're going to make it! We're almost here!

"A mortar round hits someone, cutting him in pieces"

"Aghhh!"

Rj: Jesus!

Susan: We need to run faster!

"Soldiers fire as they run. Many are still dying from enemy fire"

EUF Private: Cover! I see cov----

Lt.Brook: Come on. Come on!

Reyna: We're here! We made it!

"Ghost Squad made it to cover, behind an old building. Many more are getting to cover behind them. Stacking up"

Lt.Brook: Fuck, we need smoke! Call in smoke barrage! Everyone! Listen to me! Throw every smoke you've got! Create cover to advance!

"After a while, a large area in front of the bunkers is covered with smoke as soldiers kept throwing grenades"

Lt.Brook: This is our chance! Charge!

"Everyone starts charging at the bunkers. They storm the trenches and the defensive positions. They quickly storm the area and take out the gunners and mortars. Many die charging, as they're hit from machine gun fire in a more fortified bunker"

Lt.Brook: Alright Ghost Squad. We need to take this son of a bitch out before he kills everyone. You with me?

Rj: Lead on, lieutenant.

Reyna: We're right behind you.

Lt.Brook: Excellent. Guys! With me!

"Lt.Brook's force along with Ghost Squad, move to take out the machine gunner from the rear. As they approach, they see Rexian soldiers and robots coming out of the bunker. They immediately open fire. The Rexians died before they could reach for cover in the trenches in front. Ghost Squad reaches the position"

Rj: Let's take them out.

Lt.Brook: No, wait. They're waiting for us inside. I don't want to lose more men because of them.

"Brook throws an incendiary grenade inside. Screams are heard as the Rexians inside come out burning. UF forces open fire as soon as they see them. The soldiers lay dead on the ground, burning"

EUF Sergeant: My God...

EUF Private: Fuck yeah. We showed those bastards!

EUF Private 2: Burn in hell you motherfuckers!

"The lieutenant sees a soldier firing rounds to a dead body. He approaches him"

EUF Soldier: Fucking piece of SHIT. Hey Jack! Look at this dead prick over here!

Lt.Brook: Soldier, stop firing! Stop firing God damnit! CEASE FIRE!

"Brook grabs the soldier's gun out of his hands and throws it behind"

Lt.Brook: Now, what the hell you think you're doing?

EUF Soldier: Just enjoying my kills, sir!

Lt.Brook: Is this a fucking game for you? Show some FUCKING RESPECT!

"As Brook moves away, the soldier replies"

EUF Soldier: Did they show respect when they cut Miles to pieces? Did they? Gonna need to tell his wife he died from a friken mortar! Sir! Is that what we die for? Is it? Am I gonna get killed by a bloody mortar, too?

"Brook, then, turns to him"

Lt.Brook: If you don't shut the fuck up, I will kill you myself...you hear?

Rj: What was that all about?

Lt.Brook: Friken privates, that's what.

Reyna: Great...What is the plan?

Lt.Brook: Well, the bunker is taken. And armour support is on their way. We wait some minutes for them to arrive and then we push inside the shield. Find the building and shut the thing down.

Reyna: Copy that.

Lt.Brook: Good. Rearm and get ready.

"The hill is now under EUF control. All of the Rexian soldiers and robots, there, are dead. Progress is made to the other flanks as well. The allied forces are pushing the enemy back. Everyone waits for armoured vehicles to arrive so they can push inside the shield covering most of Lion's Gate. Meanwhile, in space, Max and Kate are fighting to stay alive...Their wing is fighting to defend ERS Eternity from Rexian fighters and bombers. The ship is damaged. It's shields are down"

[Airman First Class]AFC.Stevens: There's one on me!

[Wing Leader]SGT.Koley: Roger that. I'm coming to intercept.

Max: I see more bombers ahead!

[Wing Leader]SGT.Koley: Kate, Marendes, go with Max and destroy those bombers before they hit the frigate!

Kate: Roger that.

[Senior Airman]SA.Marendes: Copy that.

Max: Let's go. "Vee" formation. On me!

Kate: I see one. Locking rockets.

SA.Marendes: I see another one. Engaging.

"A fierce space fighter battle, over the allied ship, commences. The three elite allied fighters destroy most of the enemy ones. A bomber manages to bypass them and is heading straight for ERS Eternity's bridge to take out the captain. Max sees it and changes course to intercept"

Max: Oh no you won't.

SA.Marendes: Kate. I've lost Max's signal.

Kate: What? How?

SA.Marendes: No idea. W---Wait a second. I think I see his fighter.

Kate: Where?

SA.Marendes: Uh...behind us.

Kate: Behind?---Max, where the hell are you? Do you copy?...Max! Ah God damn. I'm going after him.

SA.Marendes: Hold on. I'm coming right---

Kate: No. You stay here. Go help Koley.

SA.Marendes: Kate...

Kate: No worries. I've got this. Go!

SA.Marendes: Copy that, agent.

Kate: Max, you son of a gun.

"Max was chasing the bomber"

Max: Steady...

"He passed through two ships broadside-firing at one another"

[From radio]Kate: Max, do you copy?

Max: Oh hey Kate. I'm in a bit of a situation here, if you don't mind!

[From radio]Kate: This isn't the time for jokes, Max! Why the hell didn't you say anything?

Max: Yeah, sorry. No time. Need to kill a Rexian bomber before it killed our captain.

[From radio]Kate: Fuck! I'm coming your way. Try not to die.

Max: No promises dear.

"In the fire, the enemy bomber got hit in the engines and crashed at the hangar of the Rexian ship. Max also got hit. Kate lost signal"

Kate: Max? Max?! Are you alright? Max do you copy! MAX!

SA.Marendes: Kate? What happened? Is Max okay?

Kate: I---

SA.Marendes: Kate? Do you copy? What the hell happened to Max?

"There's a moment of swift silence. Kate doesn't react. She doesn't move"

SA.Marendes: Kate! Talk to me! Kate!

"Suddenly...a voice is heard"

Max: Ah. Hey Kate. Would you...mind coming my way real quick..?

Kate: M---Max! You're alive!

Max: Yeah. But not for long. I need medical assistance. And also...my left wing is down.

Kate: H---Hold on! I'm coming!

"Kate proceeds to his position. After that, she escorts Max to a friendly ship's hangar for medical attention. Max could still fly with one less wing, but he was shot in the arm, bleeding"

Kate: Someone, bring a medic over hear! We've got a wounded pilot!

EUF Crew: Holy shit. Don't worry. You'll be fine. Guys! Come help me carry this man!

Kate: You're gonna be alright Max.

Max: Kate...Thanks for---

Kate: Hey. Don't mention it. I'm just glad you're alive...you stubborn idiot.

"Kate smiles"

Max: Heh. Yeah. I am, aren't I? Both of them.

"Max smiles as well"

EUF Crew: You're gonna be alright buddy. Thank you, miss. We'll take him from here.

Kate: Good. And someone refuel and restock my fighter. Hurry up!

Max: Giving orders to men you don't have the authority on, Kate?

Kate: Oh shut up. You know I like it.

"Some time has passed. Back on ground, the armoured vehicles have arrived and are pushing towards the shield, along with the rest of the army. The other flanks are also pushing. As they run, enemy fire becomes more and more frequent. But this time, EUF forces have vehicles to fire back"

Lt.Brook: Keep pushing!

EUF Sergeant: Push! Push!

Reyna: Guys! Follow me! Let's stick behind that tank!

Rj: Roger!

Susan: On my way!

Zeon: Coming!

"Anti-Tank cannons were firing at the vehicles, destroying and immobilising some of them. As the allied forces reached the shield and began entering it, the heavier cannons were now able to fire at them. EUF forces were taking a heavy beating. They were entering in masses, getting ripped apart by heavy explosive shots. Finally, as more and more vehicles started entering, the enemy were being pushed back. Ghost Squad and the rest could clearly see where the shield generator's beam was coming out from"

Reyna: I see the shield's beam! Do you see it?

Rj: I do.

Reyna: We have to take this out if we want any space and air support.

Susan: This building is quite fortified.

Zeon: I estimate it will take us more than ten minutes to shut it down.

Reyna: Yeah well. Let the vehicles do most of the work...I reckon we'll be okay.

"Lt.Brook, then, approaches them"

Lt.Brook: Guys! Good. You survived that run. Listen. We need you. You have a very important task to accomplish and we need you safe. Let the others push a bit. You move after. The second wave is also about to come.

Reyna: Copy that.

"Some time has passed. The second wave finally commenced their descent. Darkstar was in one of the transports. They were to assist with the push once they hit the ground. But...they had other plans"

EUF Sergeant: Alright people! ETA three mikes! Be ready!

Leonev: Alright guys. Just as we planned.

Iren: Roger.

Gideon: Yea. No worries.

Kayle: Everything could go wrong.

Leonev: It won't. As long as you follow the plan. Now get yourselves ready. Check weapons.

"After a while, the transports landed and more troops were coming out to aid the front lines. Another frigate had also landed, bringing more armoured vehicles to assist. Once out, Darkstar had to group up with the officer in charge"

Officer Lambert: You! Darkstar! Over here!

Leonev: We're here...sir. What's the situation?

Officer Lambert: The first line of defence has fallen. Our troops are now pushing inside the shield to take down the generator. Many soldiers died during the push. But those who haven't, need your help. You'll go assist the left flank and meetup with Sergeant O'Connor. He'll guide you from there.

Leonev: Roger that.

Officer Lambert: Good. Now, go! Inside the trucks! Move it!

Gideon: Son of a bitch. Trying to order us around.

Iren: Yeah. No worries. We'll be away soon.

Leonev: Right now, we need to do as he says. As planned. Moved towards the column over there. Remain silent. Don't start any fights with anyone. No matter how they look at you.

Kayle: Chances of everything going wrong? Too high percent!

Iren: You're worried for no reason.

Kayle: I'm just being real, Iren. Calculating our odds. That's what I do.

Iren: Yeah, well. Keep your maths and calculations for another time. We don't need them.

Kayle: As you wish...

EUF Soldier: Hey! You four! Over here! Go to that unit over there and await further orders. You're leaving in 15 minutes. Move it agents!

Gideon: Alright, listen here you---

Leonev: No. Don't.

EUF Soldier: There a problem lads? You're deaf or something? I said MOVE IT!

Leonev: We heard you. Nice and easy guys.

Iren: Easy, big guy. He just said "no fights".

Gideon: Sorry...Don't like being ordered around by some shit like that.

Iren: Yeah. Neither does any of us. But for now, keep it down.

"Darkstar began to move towards their group. But when no one was looking, they changed course and went opposite. Nobody noticed them. And those few soldiers who did, simply didn't care. Just a few hundred meters away, there was a small EUF setup camp with only a few soldiers, containing some armoured vehicles. Darkstar quickly placed some minor explosives in the dirt and moved to the other side of the camp sneaking on a vehicle. Once at position, they detonated the charges. That distracted everyone's attention, enabling the team to quickly get inside. Some of the soldiers turned and saw them getting in and immediately started firing at them. But it was too late. Darkstar was gone, trying to reach Victus's palace as fast as they could. A few minutes later, a Rexian patrol spotted Darkstar on the road and started firing at them. A bazooka round hit right in front of their vehicle, making it's back raise, thus spinning it upside down. The team got out and took cover behind it, firing at the few Rexian soldiers who where no match for Darkstar's superior aim"

Iren: Fuck me!

Kayle: Well, that worked out alright, didn't it?

Gideon: My life...

Iren: Good? What now?

Leonev: We make our way by foot.

Iren: You have to be kidding me...

Leonev: Unfortunately not. Now let's go.

"Back on the centre, Ghost Squad, along with the main assault force, had managed to clear the outer defences with the assistance of allied armoured support, after quite some time..."

Lt.Brook: The way is clear! Let's go! Kill those inside! Ghost Squad, on me!

Reyna: Right behind you!

Susan: Covering.

"They quickly rushed inside the building. The remaining Rexian soldiers and robots couldn't put up much of a fight and thus where easily wiped out. After that, they placed charges at the generator. With the explosion, the shields went down"

Lt.Brook: Damn me. We did it !

Rj: That takes care of the shields at least.

EUF Crew: Admiral! Admiral Morgan, the shields are down! Lion's Gate is weakened, sir!

Morgan: Great news!

EUF Crew: Should we initiate orbital bombardment, sir?

Morgan: Give them hell.

"Suddenly, fire from space was coming down on the planet. It was targeting infrastructures, vehicles and soldiers. The Rexians were having a hard time and the tide was quickly turning against them"

Reyna: Oh my God...

Zeon: Look at...this. Is it even necessary?

Rj: That's...a lot of firepower.

Susan: No say.

Lt.Brook: Well guys, this is their end. We did it...almost.

Reyna: Not over yet, lieutenant.

Susan: Still got to kill the motherfucker.

Lt.Brook: Good. We will push the rest from there. The city will soon fall. So will the planet.

Rj: And so will Victus.

Lt.Brook: Go. Finish your mission. You've made it this far. Don't let it go in vain. Good luck, Ghost Squad. May the Lord be with you.

Reyna: Thanks, Brook. Take care.

"Ghost Squad, then proceeded to the palace where Victus was located. Meanwhile, back in space, Rexian Admiral Bren Warden was about to begin with his ambush"

Rexian Crew: Sir! Fifteen seconds until we get out of supercruise.

Bren: Good. Make sure to hit the ship hard.

"As they were about to jump out of hyper space, inside the Independence, Morgan was getting enemy signals in the radar, approaching fast. He quickly ran and looked out from the big windows"

Morgan: Oh God...Fuck! Prepare the cannon!

"Morgan gave the order to prepare the cannon as he hoped to fire at the enemy as they get out of hyper space. The cannon was almost ready. But suddenly, Bren's capital ship, along with a few frigates, hit the front of Morgan's ship, to begin boarding action. The two ships where stuck and couldn't move. The rest of the Rexian frigates flanked around, ramming all possible sides, boarding the Independence as well. The crew in the lower decks were getting massacred as most were caught unprepared and couldn't get any weapons in time. But the Independence was enormous. And the upper decks had more defences. However, they were little match for the Rexian overwhelming forces that outnumbered them at least 5 to 1. The Rexians took a while but they finally reached the bridge and were about to get in"

EUF Crew: Sir! They're almost here! Most of the crew in the other decks are dead! What do we do?

Morgan: There's nothing we can do...

EUF Crew: S---sir!

"Morgan grabbed a weapon and was ready to fire, while it seemed like he was holding something else in his other hand. Suddenly, a large laser beam pierced the door and Rexian soldiers swarmed inside, killing the rest of the crew on the bridge. Morgan tried to shoot them but he got shot in his hand, making him drop his pistol"

Morgan: Come inside! Show your face Bren!

"At that point, Bren walked inside"

Bren: All this war...all this chaos...yet it only took me a few minutes to destroy you. And now look at you. Standing there helpless...while your men are being slaughtered.

Morgan: Why are you doing this, Bren? Why are you working for a man like Victus?

Bren: I don't do this for him...Morgan. I do this for my people. For the Rexian Republic. For Rexus Prime. And now...I've just won.

Morgan: You really think you won, Bren? Look at your planet and tell me what you see. Your kin are getting killed and your leader will soon be dead by my forces. And there's nothing you can do to stop it...

Bren: Perhaps. But I can at least kill you. After all these years, I'll finally see you dead myself. All those petty moments. All those minor and big skirmishes...And now. Now is finally the time.

Morgan: Then what are you waiting for? Do it! Get over with it! Do it yourself!

"At this point, Ghost Squad was trying to contact Morgan via radio. The signal could be heard inside the ship. Bren picked the communicator up from the ground as it fell once David was shot"

[From Radio]Reyna: Morgan. Daves, do you copy?

Morgan: Wh---What?

Bren: Let me pick that for you. Hello...Ghost Squad.

[From Radio]Reyna: What? Who is this?

Rj: What's happening?

Reyna: Who are you? Where is Morgan? And why the hell are you talking from his comms?

Bren: Oh, Morgan? He can't talk to you right now. He's indisposed being...shot.

Reyna: What? No...No!

Susan: Wait, I know this man. It's that bastard, Bren Warden!

Rj: Oh no...

Susan: What did you do to him you son of a whore?!

Bren: He's alive...for now, that is. Here. Let him talk to you himself. Consider this my daily act of kindness, Morgan.

Morgan: I---I'm sorry...guys. I...failed.

Reyna: No...Morgan! No please! NOOO!

Bren: Hear at them, soldiers! Pathetic EUF scum!

Reyna: No...No! Guys, we---we must...we must save him! We must---

Rj: Reyna...There's nothing we can do...

"Reyna starts crying. Rj tries to hold his tears knowing he can't do anything to save him"

Bren: Well now that you had the honour to see your team for the last time...I think it's time you say "Goodbye". And be over with this shit. This is further delaying my task.

Reyna: No...

Morgan: I'm sorry...Reyna. Don't cry. You are the strongest one in the team. You must lead the rest. You must be strong. Rj...I know you two fight a lot but...I also know that you're always there for your sister. And there couldn't be a better brother than you, in the whole galaxy. Susan...You are fierce in battle and you overcome your fears like no other. Life didn't give you a good past. But it helped you build a future. You raised from the ashes of your past. You are new. You are...you. Everyone should be jealous of you...And Zeon. You're a good android. One with an iron fist and a heart of...steel.

Bren: Great. Now that you're finished talking, I can finally complete my mission and kill you. So goodbye Morgan. You gave me a hard time, I have to admit. But it all ends here. I survive...and you die.

Reyna: NOOO!

Morgan: Everything you said was right, Bren. Except...from the part that you survive.

Bren: What do you---

"Morgan had hid a flash grenade in his other hand. He throws it and everyone is blinded. The soldiers start firing blind, hitting their own men. But Bren turned around at the last possible second. He sees Morgan running for the controls. As he tries stop him, he gets hit by a bullet, falling down. He raised his head and sees Morgan"

Bren: NOOOOOOO!

[From Radio]Morgan: Goodbye guys. I will always be with you...always --- [static]

"Morgan activates the frontal cannon. As it fires, it immediately destroys Bren's ship, causing a massive chain reaction that destroys everything around. After three seconds the whole ship explodes. The signal is lost. The team looks up on the sky as big flashing lights can be seen from afar"

Reyna: MORGAAN!

Rj: He's...he's gone. I---I can't believe it...

Susan: My God...

"Zeon looks in the sky with sadness on his face"

Zeon: ...No one ever said that...I was a good android...

Reyna: No...No I---

"Reyna falls on her knees crying as Susan hugs her"

Rj: No. I said no! We won't let this go unpunished! We will avenge him! We will avenge Morgan's death! We're going to kill the man responsible, once and for all!

Reyna: I---

Susan: Rj's right. We mustn't let anything bring us down. We are a team! We're---

Zeon: ...We're a family.

"Reyna, then, stands up. Her face is now filled with anger as tears are coming out from her eyes. And with one breath she says..."

Reyna: ...Let's finish this.

"So they left for Victus's palace. A few minutes later, they were almost there. Some meters away, they could see four individuals approaching from the same direction as well"

Reyna: It's---

Rj: It's Darkstar...

Susan: What in the world? Aren't they supposed to aid the others?

Reyna: Yeah, what the hell are they doing here?

Leonev: Oh, look who we have here. I see you've arrived as well. Good. Now get out of our way.

Reyna: YOU TRAITORS! I KNEW WE COULDN'T TRUST YOU! I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Leonev: I have no time for your little shit Reyna. MOVE!

Susan: You fucking bastards...You did this, didn't you? You helped him do it! I don't know how, but you did, didn't you?

Iren: What in the world are you talking about?

Reyna: MORGAN IS DEAD!

[TO BE CONTINUED]

0