Chapter 12 – Louis Barnock
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"IT'S SNOWING!" I screamed, leaping off my four-poster and running to the window. Fred, George, and Lee followed. We excitedly watched the snow spiralling down softly, even though it was very light. Then, suddenly, it got heavier. We danced around the room high-fiving each other and screaming. Harry and Ron peeked into our room, looking confused. Our room is right above theirs, and we were stomping quite a bit.

"It's snowing!" I repeated. Harry and Ron started screaming too.

We stayed by the windows for half the night, commentating on the weather. 

"No, no, no, Mother Nature! Don't stop snowing!" 

"IT'S GETTING HEAVIER! IT'S GETTING HEAVIER!"

"It stopped! Why?!"

"HOLY SHIT SNOWFLAKES!"

"Is that Filch?! Is that him walking in the - IT IS! AHAHAHA-"

"It's too cold for me, I'm leaving the server."

"SHUT UP LEE, OF COURSE IT'S NOT GOING TO STOP SNOWING! DON'T STOP BELIEVING!"

I woke up in the morning to three idiots' faces hovering near mine. I screamed, scuttling backwards, only to realise they were the faces of my dumb roommates.

They were pissing themselves laughing. I went to grab a pillow to throw at them, but my dizziness made me flop back onto the mattress.

They whispered amongst themselves, then, eyes glinting evilly, they stole Tom's diary from where it was peeking out slightly from underneath my mattress.

"Ooh, it's Daisy's diary!" Lee grinned. The twins cackled. They'd obviously forgotten what the diary had looked like.

They ran off with it. I huffed, leaping off my bed, knowing that that was why they'd taken it - to get me to chase after them in my morning-problem state.

I hurried to the spiral staircase outside of the dorm. They were standing at the edge. I lunged towards them, grabbing the book as I fell.

They laughed at me and I flipped them off. I just lay there for a few minutes. The carpet here was surprisingly comfy ...

I had waited off the worst of my dizziness. I stumbled back into the dorm and hid the diary again. 

"Alright, turn around." I instructed the boys as I got my robes out of my drawer. I slipped off my pyjamas and paused in my knickers and bra, feeling someone's stare on me. I turned slowly around. 

"RED! BUSHY! LEE!" I screamed. "TURN AROUND, DELETE THAT PICTURE, AND PUT THE CAMERA AWAY!" 

The twins and Lee were standing staring at me in my underwear, and George was holding a camera - and I'm pretty sure he took a few photos.

"Ni-i-ice!" Fred, George, and Lee all high-fived. "We can sell these to Hopper and Malfoy - and even Ron!"

"Don't you dare!" I shrieked, grinning. "Not without giving me most of the profits." 

"We can sell these to any guy in the school ..." Fred, George, and Lee shared a look. "- Except Harry, of course."

'Why could they sell these to any guy in the school?' I thought to myself, studying their faces. My eyes landed on Fred's face, and our eyes met. 

'Of course they'll all want photos of her in her underwear! Softpaw is top of the charts at the moment in every guy's case of their personal crush/all-around school hottie. She's the centre of guy-gossip this year. And I don't really blame them ... she IS hot ...'

Then I knew. I had just read his mind. Or heard his thoughts. Of course I had. How could I have imagined his voice that clearly, when no one else in the room reacted, when he was grinning at me like that? Besides, it explains all those other times when I thought I was just reading people's faces, when really I was reading their thoughts. For example, the Ron situation during Hide and Seek, the revenge on Blaise.

I blinked, forgetting why I was mad. I can read minds now? And I'm the school hottie? And Fred thinks I'm hot? Hahaha ...

Then I shivered. Oh yes. I need to get changed! 

I swept my wand towards the curtains around my bed, and they shielded me as I changed.

We all sauntered into the fourth year boy's toilets on our floor. The firsties waved to us from across the hallway as their dorm was on the same floor as ours. 

We closed the door to the toilets. We bantered in there for a bit, decorating it with our graffiti and splashing each other in the sinks.

The snow was really thick. We had a massive snowball fight in the grounds. 

Then when we returned to Gryffindor Tower, we dived into the Junior School boy's toilets singing 'Wrecking Ball' by Miley Cyrus. We bantered in there for a bit, doing a spot of graffitiing, then burst into the All-School boy's toilets, singing 'Let It Go' from Frozen. We did the same there, but what I noticed was that the boys from every year were all shooting me admiring glances and exchanging money and pictures. Hmm ...

Harry and I left the Tower to find Justin and tell him what really happened that Duelling Club night. As we left, I saw Fred and George selling something to Ron ...

Professor McGonagall was shouting at someone in her office who, by the sound of it, had turned his friend into a badger. I looked in and saw that it was Lewis. I sniggered and waved. 

We continued on to the library, where we thought Justin might be studying. 

As we turned the corner, I heard that menacing laugh in the back of my mind again and everything went black.

The Transfiguration corridor. What was I doing here?! What was happening to me?!

I hurried around the corner and bumped into Harry going in the direction I was coming from. 

"They think that we're the Heirs of Slytherin!" He fumed and went off on a rant about what the Hufflepuffs had said. Suzanne hadn't been there.

Then we tripped over something. Or someone ...

Justin was lying on the floor. Nick was floating above him. Both were Petrified.

~~~

"I must ask you, Daisy, Harry, whether there is anything you'd like to tell me." Dumbledore said gently. "Anything at all."

I thought of all my powers, which seemed to be increasing in number, and, strangely, in strength too.

I thought of the increasing number of evil thoughts whispering at the back of my mind.

I thought of the blank periods.

I thought about the cold, cruel, triumphant, dominating laughter.

"No. There isn't anything, Professor."

We wandered up to Gryffindor Tower. 

"Hogwarts Hide and Seek!" I shouted. "Any Seekers?"

Some people came forth to be Seekers. The rest of us ran out of the common room and sprinted to find hiding places in Hogwarts.

I hid with my roommates in the Astronomy Tower. We bantered for a bit until we heard a noise behind us. We whirled around and saw a firstie.

"Seeker?" I inquired. The kid shook his head.

"What's your name, kid?" Lee asked.

"Louis. Louis Barnock." He said.

"Hey, you're Colin's friend." I said. Louis nodded.

We all hid out there for the rest of the game. I casually read their thoughts, and it was quite amusing, really.

It was also kinda difficult. I had to catch their eye, then keep eye contact. Sometimes they could even feel something in their mind, I could tell.

~~~

Nearly everyone was leaving for Christmas. It was only going to be the Weasley's, Hermione, Terry, Crabbe, Goyle, the Malfoy's, Harry and I.

Fred and George found the conspiracy theory about Harry and I very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of us down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heirs of Slytherin, seriously evil witch and wizard coming through ..."

Percy was deeply disapproving of this behaviour.

"It is NOT a laughing matter." He said coldly. 

"Oh, get out of the way, Percy!" Fred said. "The twins are in a hurry."

"Yeah, they're nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with their fanged servant." George said, chortling. 

Ginny didn't find it amusing either.

"Oh, DON'T!" She wailed every time Fred asked me loudly who I was planning to attack next, or George pretended to ward me off with a large clove of garlic.

Christmas came and went. I got lots of pressies, since I was popular (obviously) and we took the Polyjuice Potion. I pretended to be Pratinson, Harry Goyle, and Ron Crabbe. Hermione accidentally got changed into a cat. We didn't find anything out. It seemed like Floppy wasn't the Heir after all.

We also got a notice about a karaoke night coming up soon. It looks like Parvati, Lavender, and I inspired Dumbledore into more school events!

Also, I found about what the boys were selling in the toilets. It wasn't drugs. Terry and Draco each had one, courtesy of the twins. PICTURES. Of me in my underwear with a pig's tail protruding from my butt, and demon wings protruding from my back, and horns in my hair. One person going to kill them was enough (me, hehe) without adding another to the mix.

Harry.

When he found out, he was LIVID. 

Oh dear. The Weasley twins are officially dead ... 

2