Chapter 11
2.6k 3 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We enter Peter's apartment, finding something unexpected, or at least unexpected for my companion, as I knew this was going to happen one of these days.

"Mr. Stark, it's a pleasure to meet you," I say, seeing the man seated on the couch.

"Mr. Parker and Mr. Moon, I assume?" He replies, a bit surprised by my lack of reaction.

"Indeed, how can we help you?" I answer, seeing my companion still dazed to be in front of his hero.

"Do you read my email, right?" He asks, trying to justify his presence here.

"I don't think so, but you should be here for the scholarship of the September foundation, right?" I reply, knowing the name of the new scholarship program he started.

I can see his pupils dilate for a moment for the surprise before he can compose himself, "Indeed, you two filed the request, right? I approved it."

"We obviously filed it, if not why would you be here? But we didn't expect to receive an answer this soon, neither we expected that Mr. Stark will come to deliver the results personally." I say, implying with a smirk that I know he is bullshitting May.

"Peter, why didn't you tell me?" May asks, before keeping pressuring her nephew, "have you started keeping secrets from me?"

Peter panics a bit before answering, "I know how much you love surprises, so I wanted to surprise you after I was sure to be admitted. And didn't receive an answer so..."

Seeing the stuttering teenager, Mr. Stark decides to speed up our conversation. "Well, this date loaf is exceptional, but work is calling, so Ms. Parker, can I have five minutes alone with the boys?"

"Sure," May says before letting us move to Peter's room.

 

 


 

 

"So, how did you find us?" I ask after we are alone in Peter's room.

"What!?" Asks my friend, shocked that I was admitting anything.

"We didn't sign up for an internship. If he is here, it's because he found out and wants something from us," I answer.

Hearing my reply to Peter's question, Stark enters the conversation, "I can simply be someone preoccupied with the appearance of a couple of vigilantes."

Rolling my eyes, I say, "You still haven't answered how did you find out."

Pondering for a second, I start to explain my ideas on how he did, "You may have found out our height from the videos, and from that assumed that we are students in one of Queens' highschool. But you shouldn't have been able to find more."

He is amazed for a moment by my deduction before pridefully saying with a smirk, "I am simply good at whatever I do."

"That's not an answer," I reply with a deadpan expression.

Seeing that I was still waiting for an answer, he decides to give me a hint. "I'll only say that my computer has done most of the calculation after I had an epiphany."

Understanding that he won't explain more than this, I hiss, "Keep your secrets if you want, old man."

"Old man?! I am only 46!" Tony shouts, hurt by my statement.

"That's trice our age, you could be Peter's father..." I reply, taunting him with his age.

"And not yours?" He asks, baffled by my words, not expecting my answer.

"Nah, you are not handsome enough," I say before starting to giggle at his face.

"Sig, please, can you stop being childish?" Peter asks, finally regaining his bearings.

"Pete, I know he is your hero, but never show weakness in a business transaction," I answer with an unusual air of seriousness.

"This is not a business transaction," Tony replies, surprised at how the conversation was going. Rolling my eyes at his words, I start explaining my point, "You came here with a proposal, using an internship as an excuse. You want something from us, and we are going to negotiate what we will receive."

Not expecting a response so cynically blunt, he asks, "Are you sure to be fifteen? I have seen business sharks easier to handle."

A bit proud of his word, I reply, "I'll take that as a compliment."

"It wasn't," Tony remarks after watching my smug face.

"Could you explain what you want?" Peter decides to stop this circus-like situation, trying to bring the conversation back in his tracks.

"I was thinking of getting your help with something, but first, I want to know why you are doing that vigilante's work." Answers Tony, satisfied to be the one in charge of the discussion again.

Thinking for a moment, Peter answers, "Because if we have the power to prevent a bad thing from happening and we do nothing, then it's our fault."

"I see..." Mumbles a surprised Tony before deciding to keep his original plan, "Now, I need you two to come to Germany with me and help me resolve a problem."

Before Peter could agree or say something, I block his mouth, asking Mr. Stark the most important question of the day, "Ok, but what's in for us?"

"An upgraded costume, and you could use the internship as an excuse for your acts when you get back," he replies, trying to buy as with what he had in mind from the start.

Giving him a dirty look, I stop him, "The upgraded costume is the minimum." I say before throwing a metaphorical jab at his heart. "What will your fiancé think if she knew that you sent defenseless children on a battlefield without giving them at least upgraded suits?"

"..." He blanches at my words, feeling totally unprepared for this level of evil talk-no-Jutsu.

Watching his blank face, I start describing my request. "We want a real internship at Stark industries, with a badge to enter a restricted area in NY where we will be able to train."
"That's..." He starts, trying to find a reason to refuse my request.

"What? That's something beneficial for both of us, we get the training, and you can control us. We only need a signed agreement to not divulge our information without our consent, and then we are ready to go with you." I stop him, explaining the advantages this will bring to both of the parties.

Sighing, Tony decides to ask the more reasonable parrot of our duo, "Are you ok with this, spider-boy?"

Peter answers, conflicted between helping his friend or his hero, "While Sig is an asshole most of the time, I trust his judgment in this kind of thing."

Understanding he will not find an ally in Peter, he finally agrees. "Fine, I'll get you what you want, but only if you explain to me how do you have a functional tail and ears on your costume. I mean, his webs are cool and have potential, but I could make them in a day if I decide to work on them."

Hearing his request, I simply change my body, a feat a lot easier after months of training, and answer by weaving my tail. "Simple, they are my body."

With a look of confusion, he replies, "Oh, I didn't expect it."

"Anything else?" I ask, playing with the fur on my tail.

"How the hell you did it?" Tony asks, trying to find an explanation for my powers.

"I simply did, not all powers are to be explained," I reply, having abandoned the desire of understanding how my powers work long ago.

"Everything is explainable." He says with a glimmer in his eyes.

"I am not saying that you can't explain them, simply that I don't care for the explanation," I explain.

"You don't care about how your power works?" Tony asks, astonished by my lack of interest.

"Not really, they work, and that's all that matters to me," I answer in all my laziness.

Hearing my answer, he starts massaging his temples before saying, "You remind me a bit of Thor, and this is not a compliment..."

103