Chapter 17
2.3k 5 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brooding on my toughs, I don't notice Peter until he hugs me from behind.

"A penny for your thoughts," Peter says, surprised that I was so distracted.

"Oh, Pete, I didn't notice you," I reply, brought out of my reverie by my companion.

"Are you still thinking about the mishap with the transformation?" Peter asks, knowing me well enough to understand the reason behind my musings.

Returning to my pondering, I reply, happy to be understood by my beloved. "Yep, I'm thinking about how to use my shape-shifting powers in a better way, but I would like to not have another accident."

Wanting to help me, he starts brainstorming, trying to provide a clue that will make me resolve the problem. "From what you told me, you may turn into several kinds of monsters. At the same time, when you do, you will slowly lose control, falling prey to your instincts."

"More or less," I reply, interested in hearing another option, hoping that a different point of view will help.

"How is it connected with your half-cat form?" Asks Peter, trying to understand my powers better before proposing his idea.

I ponder for half a minute before replying, unsure of how to formulate my answer. "That form is the most natural. Sometimes it feels even more normal than this one. On the other hand, assuming another form is strange, like I am turning in something different."

Hearing my response, he asks again, "So you tried to turn into a half form for the other monsters?"

Finally seeing where he was going, I reply, "I did, but it's strange and less useful."

"Oh, why?" Peter asks, curious about my mental process.

"Well, the bonus they give is smaller than the full forms and mostly situational," I answer, not sure of the benefits they will bring.

"More versatility is still good, and if you can't control the full forms they are still the best option," Peter says, pointing out undeniable truths.

Hearing his words, I start making excuses, "I was thinking about it, but I will need a suit that won't break before shifting in public. The one I have right now was made for my cat form after all." 

"That makes sense. Hopefully, Mr. Stark will make it soon," Peter replies, decided on not repeating what happened during the battle with the Avengers.

Wanting to explain my plans, I start telling him my ideas. "In the meantime, I believe that I need to start using my powers more. Constantly using them will probably help with the problem of control." 

"That's not a bad idea," after thinking about my words for a couple of seconds, Peter agrees with me.

"Obviously, it's mine," I reply, smirking with a prideful smile.

Sighing, Peter finally decides to end the discussion, "Shall we go?"

Checking the time on my phone, I realize that we are going to be late if we don't leave right now. "Sure, the film is going to start soon, and I'm sure Ned will be already there, lined up for the popcorn."

 

-----------------

 

When we left the cinema, we were debating about the film.

"It wasn't bad, but it was worse than the previous ones," I say to Ned and Peter.

"That may be true, but I still liked it. I mean, it's a Star Trek movie," Peter replies, having liked the film more than me.

"True," Hearing his best friend reply, Ned agrees, before moving the conversation out of the film and to what we did in the previous couple of days."You haven't told me yet how it went with the Stark internship."

Having already discussed our alibi with Mr. Stark, Peter replies to Ned's question. "Oh, that, we are gonna get a lab to play with in the future. Mr. Stark said that he will refurbish the Avengers' tower into a hub for promising youths, and we'll get a place there."

"That's awesome. I'm sure you two will rock it." Ned says, happy for our good fortune.

"Obviously," I replied, faking a snobbish tone.

Rolling his eyes at my comment, Ned decides to remember us our previous duties."But don't forget to study for the decathlon. We still count on the two of you to win." 

Hearing his words, Peter and I reply at the same time, "Sure, boss."

"What are you going to do for this evening? I was thinking of having a pizza and playing video games. Do you want to join me?" Ned asks, dismissing a small laugh.

"Sorry Ned, we are going on a date tonight," I reply, a devious plan already formed in my mind. 

"Really?!" He asks back, surprised by the development.

Hugging Peter's arm, I answer with a joyous tone, "Yep, Peter finally accepted my feelings and decided to go out with me."

Seeing my happy expression and Peter embarrassed one, Ned replies, "That's wonderful! I'm not going to hold you back then." 

"Thanks, Ned. Let's meet tomorrow?" I say, smiling in a happy mood. 

"Sure, have a nice evening." He replies, decided to let us have some time alone.

After we see Ned leave the area, Peter turns to me, confusion evident on his face. "Why did you lie to Ned? We never planned to go on a date tonight, " Peter asks, uncertain of my plans.

Hearing his question, I reply with a firm tone. "Pete, we will have a date tonight. We will go eating something, like a couple, and then as a couple, we will go saving someone."

"Do you consider that a date?" He asks back, confused by my words.

"Being alone with you and doing what we love together?" I ask, teasing him with a sultry tone.

"You are making it sound wrong." He replies while blushing, embarrassed by my words.

"And we could make a bet," I say, slowly driving him inside my trap.

"Which kind?" Peter asks, curious about what I will say.

Pete, how foolishly brave you can be in hearing my bets, you always lose after all...

"The one that catches more criminals will do what he wants to the loser for the rest of the night," I answer, sure that in the end, he will accept.

"Sig..." He says with a reprimanding voice.

"What, we will remain in the first two bases," I reply to his implicit warning, knowing the limits.

"You better." He says with a serious tone that is negated by his blushing.

"Pete, I will never force you to do anything you are not ready to do. " I say while fixing my eyes into his, seriousness evident in my words.

"I know, now let's go. I have a bet to win," Peter replies, happiness apparent in his voice.

Hearing his words, a smirk appears on my face while I speak, "As if I'll let you win with a prize like this."

Obviously, that night, as predicted, I won the bet.

As the winner, I brought my prize back with me, to my bed, where I cuddled and kissed him until we collapsed, several hours later.

77