Chapter 07.3 – I’m Screwed-03
512 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“AAAAAAAAARGHHH!” A crazy handsome man suddenly revealed itself into the darkness with a dagger in his hand. It seemed like he was heading towards me.

He was screaming on top of his lungs, his eyes filled with killing intent.

I scanned my surroundings in order to find who’s he’s trying to kill, only to realize that I’m his target.

Haaaa…. Just what the hell I've done in my past life to be treated like this…..

His movement was fast, but my eyes still could keep up with him for unknown reasons.

But, that's that. It doesn't mean that I'll be able to keep up with his movement with my untrained body.

Before my demise had come close, someone whispered into the shadow, and I could feel my body voluntarily ducking down.

"Duck down!!"

Even I was weirded out with this. With just a single sentence, my body moved accordingly before my mind could think up of a move.

The handsome man’s blade swept across into thin air, his blade stabbed into nothing but empty space. However, for some seconds there, I could feel the air distorted as if he cleaved open the space between.

"Heup" Urciel spinned his body to gain momentum and launched another assault.

The blade came again, now a little closer to my forehead, and before it could hit me, a figure of a shrimp who looked like a child suddenly appeared in front of me. A child whom I'm familiar with.

"What took you so long!!" I groaned as a complaint naturally escaped my lips just like how breathing works.

Rayne defended the blade with her unsheathe sword and almost got herself funneled down the ground.

Finally, there she is!!

The one who've promised to f*cking save my life!!

Rayne Misfrost stares in my eyes, quite delighted seeing me and licked her lips.

For some reason, I almost got creeped out there.

If not for the fact that she was saving my life right, I would have kicked her face even if it might cost my life.

Rayne Misfrost tightened her grip into the hilt of her sword. Her eyes fixed in front of her, "Run away. I cannot promise that I can defeat him." Without taking a glance at me, she urgently said.

Urciel had already predicted that it must be Rayne Misfrost who'd plotted this act and was no longer surprised. After all, just like him. She was also a reincarnator. One of Kurai's lovers in another world. In the past, he used to serve under her because she's one of Kurai's lovers, but past is past, what's important is the present.

"Didn't expect for you to really go against the Queen. Have you lost your mind just because of a single man?" Urciel mocked her and said.

"You will never know the value of a person if you've never experienced what true love is."

Urciel shrugged his shoulders and said, "True love here, true love that. Are you both blind? The Queen and you? He's no longer the Kurai that we knew. He's simply the soul of another person who's occupying his vessel so what's the deal with the both of you obsessing over him."

While watching this scene, I was about to turn my back and run but suddenly came to halt when I heard their conversation. 

From their conversation, it seemed like they knew me because they kept saying my name, but the person that they knew was a totally different one.

Urciel noticed that I stopped on my track and pointed his pointing finger towards me and said to Rayne, "Was that the person you wanted to protect oh so badly. A person who would run away in its tail without a second thought?" paused, Urciel continued, "Would you look at this. Even a dog wouldn't abandon its master even in a life and death situation didn't you know?"

Rayne scratched her back neck and said disinterested, "He just lost his memory and can't remember. Once he regains his memory, I'm sure he'll be happy that I came to his aid today and would pat my head for saving him once he regains his memory." 

At this moment, Urciel revealed a wide grimace. The speech spoken of Rayne seemed to be not getting into him, and more likely, becoming even more of a joke. "Shame, it seems like you're really blind. How can a totally different person and a soul remember a memory that he did not own. It seems like you've really lost your sanity because of your obsession. No wonder you can say a speech like that like a civil servant."

Rayne said no more and bounced off his blade, then unsheathed her sword. Brimming in purely silver red, the sword looks evil and could cut even gods but Urciel doesn't seem to be fazed of it.

And after that, they started exchanging blows with a strength that could possibly destroy even the mightiest boulder. Not only were their swords as fast as a light, but even their movements imitated a flying immortal over the sky.

But the one thing I've found oh so strangely amidst this was, I could follow their movement without even trying my best. It felt as if I was familiar with this and my whole surrounding, no, my whole world seemed to have been played in a slow motion.

My eyes were deeply shocked as I watched the battle unfolds. Because only right now when I could watch their battle at ease, only then I realized that Uricel's sword was really fast. 

I was also starting to wonder how I was able to dodge his strike earlier. But compared to Urciel, Rayne's blade seemed calm and had no flaws. Sure, Urciel's blade might be quite arrogant, but Rayne's blade was like the true face of the immortal, she was like a fairy dancing in the sky. Without even breaking a sweat, she easily evaded every mighty strike Urciel had thrown.

Urciel himself was in a bit of confusion however his sword continued to emit arrogance. He never thought that Rayne would be able to dodge all his attacks. From his perspective in the past, Rayne was simply a lover of Kurai, but he didn't expect that she was also a warrior who could dance into the sky with a sword in her hand.

< Savior? (7.3) >

6