Chapter 7 – The List
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In DADA next week, I was going to fulfil the list. My friends were going to help me on some of them. 

"So, Red Caps like dark, a-" Professor Lupin was talking. I glanced down at the list. First one was 'Pretend to have a seizure'.

I fell out of my seat and started spasming. I twitched my arms and hands, dragging my face down, and then started squirming around.

Everyone was staring at me with 'WTF' looks on their faces. But everyone who was in on it grinned at me.

Professor Lupin looked at me with a strange look on his face. I read his thoughts - 'She's so much like James...'

James? My dad? Did he know him?

"Um, Daisy..." He said. "Are you alright? Do you need to go to the hospital wing?"

I sat up and got back into my seat, acting completely normal as if nothing had happened. I smiled at him.

"I'm fine, Professor. I dunno what you're talking about." I grinned.

Professor Lupin shook his head at me, looking as if he was trying to restrain a small smile.

Next item on the list - 'Ask out to the bathroom every five minutes'.

"Sir, may I please go to the bathroom?" I asked, my hand in the air.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin nodded. I slipped out, wandered around the school for a few minutes, my hands in my pockets, walked past Fred and George's classroom, and waved. I returned to class.

Five minutes later, and I put my hand up to ask to go to the bathroom again.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin said, obviously thinking it was an emergency or that I had some sort of medical issue that I needed to go to the bathroom again.

When I returned, five minutes later again, I put up my hand yet again.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin said wearily.

The fourth, he said, "No, Daisy. You've gone quite enough times this lesson."

Five minutes later, I put up my hand again. 

Everybody was in tears by this point. 

At this point, Professor Lupin just started ignoring me.

Then I started to imitate him. The next lesson, I came in with shabby school robes on, a tired look, and I made my voice hoarse.

Professor Lupin just gave me an exasperated look.

When he told us to come in and sit down, all of us that were in on it sat in different seats.

Professor Lupin sighed. "Back to your original seats, please."

There was a class silence while we all copied down notes from the board. I glanced around subtly, grinned at Terry, then smacked my head. "Shut up, all of you!" I exclaimed.

Everyone looked around at me, confused and possibly thinking I was insane. Professor Lupin just shook his head.

"Where do these common Water Demons reside, Daisy?" He asked.

I pretended to zone out, then jumped. "Sorry, sir, the voices inside my head were at it again." I said.

Professor Lupin looked to be restraining himself from rolling his eyes.

"I said, where do these common Water Demons reside, Daisy?" 

"Banter." I replied. He looked exasperated.

"Harry?" He asked Harry instead.

"Banter." Harry repeated.

"Ron?" 

"Banter."

"Terry?"

"Banter."

"Amy?" 

"Banter."

"Hermione?" He turned to her, expecting her to answer correctly, seeing as she's HERMIONE.

Everyone held their breath. Was Hermione going to say the answer, or say - 

"Banter." She repeated.

Professor Lupin turned away, tugging at his hair in frustration as Terry, Draco, Harry, Dean, Seamus, Ron, and I sniggered.

I put on a concerned face and put up my hand.

"Yes, Daisy?" Professor Lupin asked wearily.

"Sir, is your problem that you need to get laid?" 

The entire class went silent. I tried to keep up a straight face.

"No, Daisy." He sighed. "Anyway, the Water Demons appreciate the dark depths of lakes and ponds."

"I know you are, but what am I?" I said. Everyone looked confused because it wasn't an insult.

"Daisy, if you do not stop disrupting the lesson, I will have to send you outside." Professor Lupin warned.

"I know you are, but what am I?" I said.

He sent me outside, and as I leaned against the wall outside the classroom, I heard the others repeating the phrase to Professor Lupin whenever he said something. Lewis walked past, and I looked sheepish. He burst out into loud peals of laughter as he realised that I was sent out. I waved and tittered as Fred and George walked past.

"Got sent out, Softpaw?" George sniggered.

"Yup, Bushy. I've been fulfilling the list." I laughed, gesturing towards the door. They listened, and heard the others. They grinned.

"Good luck, Softpaw!" Fred cackled.

I delved into my robes for the harmless drugs. 

"Here." I said, handing them the cannabis, Ecstasy and meth.

"'The hell's this?" George asked.

"It's called drugs. It'll make you feel good. No, it'll make you feel on top of the world, and it'll make you hallucinate crazy things and shit." I said.

"Nice." They chorused, tucking the drugs into their pockets.

Professor Lupin came to the door, saw the two boys hanging around with me, and shooed them off.

"You can come back in now." He said, smiling a little at me. The entire class was turned towards the door, watching us.

"That's what she said." I said, walking back to my seat.

"What was that, Daisy?" Professor Lupin said, frowning. The entire class were pissing themselves laughing, even Floppy, who was trying to restrain himself.

"I said "That's what she said", Professor." I replied.

Professor Lupin shook his head wearily again.

"Water Demons are large, powerful, and scaly -" 

"That's what she said." I repeated.

"To get a good grip, they like to insert their fingers into crevices on rocks-" 

"That's what she said." Terry smirked. "I'll make you say that tonight, Daisy, if you want..." He whispered to me. I felt myself turn pink. Harry blotted his page with ink furiously. Ron glared jealously at us. Draco looked defeated.

"Oh my Godric, you people are SO immature!" Shannon joked.

"That's NOT what she said!" Terry and I laughed simultaneously.

"The opposite, actually!" Ron sniggered.

"EW, RON!" All of us chorused.

"Year Three, Year Three, please, calm yourselves." Professor Lupin said.

"That's what she said!" I said.

"Daisy, please control yourself." He said.

"I am Divergent, I can't be controlled!" I winked at Harry and Hermione, and they rolled their eyes, grinning.

When I got up to go sharpen my pencil at the paper bin at the front of the room, I kicked the bin over and kicked the papers that spilled out all over the place. Everyone was staring at me in horror, wondering how I dared to do this.

I dropped my sharpener and started making zombie sounds, and stabbed the nearest table with my pencil.

"Daisy, why -?" Professor Lupin asked, staring at me, confused.

"Sir, I'm only trying to follow your example." I said innocently.

He ignored me, going on with the lesson.

"Sir, that's not right." I said. "You should stick to the textbook and the lesson plan, not go off on your own." 

He ignored me yet again. Yes! I was getting to him!

"Sir," I said, waving my hand in the air. "do you trust Professor Dumbledore's judgement?" 

Professor Lupin sighed. "Yes, I do, Daisy."

I then uncapped my jar of bugs (spiders, Daddy-Long-Leg's, bees) and released them into the classroom.

It was pandemonium. Parvati, Lavender, and half the girls were screaming and running away from the bugs, and half the boys and remaining girls were sitting there looking bored, while the other half were grinning excitedly. Ron was slowly backing away from the spiders, looking as if he was shitting himself.

When Professor Lupin got rid of the bugs with a flick of his wand and returned to the lesson, I sighed, over-exaggerating.

"Sir, shut up." I said casually. 

He ended up sending me to Dumbledore's office. I met Fred, George, Lee, and Colin outside it too. While we were waiting for Dumbledore to call us in, Ginny strode out, obviously having been sent there before us. As she passed, we high-fived.

Next lesson, I sneaked into the room before class began. I stuck Hello Kitty stickers all over Professor Lupin's desk.

When he saw them, he shook his head exasperatedly and Vanished them. I put my hand up again. 

"Yes, Daisy?" 

"Professor, you're speaking the wrong language." I said matter-of-factly. 

He chose to ignore me.

Using my knowledge of French and German from Muggle school, I started speaking in a different language. Professor Lupin just sighed.

The lesson after that, I darted into the room before class again and left a fake dog shit on his desk, on the floor, and on Floppy's desk. I also hid My Little Pony's all over his room.

When Floppy saw his desk, he went on a rant about how he knew that the school was going to the dumps. 

Professor Lupin just Vanished the shit's and Pony's again.

When he started talking about dragons, I said really loudly, "Aye, like DRACO here!" 

Everyone facepalmed.

When Professor Lupin read a source from the textbook aloud (: "'And when I saw it, I fell off the cliff in surprise'") I said, "Her name was Eileen Dover! AHAHAHA-"

Everyone facepalmed again.

I sang a parody of Justin Bieber's 'Baby'.

"Banter, banter, banter, oh, like banter, banter, banter, oh, like banter, banter, banter, oh, I thought you'd always be mine, mine."

Professor Lupin gave me an annoyed look. I decided to change my song.

"Everybody wanna steal my pen

Everybody wanna take it's ink away 

Couple billion in the whole wide world

Find another one 'cause this belongs to me!"

Another annoyed look.

"Why you gotta be Darude?" 

Professor Lupin gave me yet another annoyed look. I decided to just sing.

"Is your heart breaking?

How do you feel about me now? 

I can't believe I let you walk away when

When I should have kissed you!

I should have, I should have, oh, I should have kissed you,

I should have -"

"Daisy -"

"Okay, sir." I huffed. "But can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, but you may ask another one."

"Do you know Mr Vandertramp?" I asked, grinning.

"No, I don't." Professor Lupin replied.

I sat in silence while he continued with his lecture. 

"Sir!" I waved my hand in the air suddenly, again. "Are YOU Mr Vandertramp?"

"No, I'm not, Daisy." Professor Lupin said wearily.

"But Professor," I grinned, still waving my hand, "do you like breathing?"

"Indeed, Daisy, for I would not be able to live if not for breathing." Professor Lupin smiled wearily at me.

"Sir, can I have some sweets, please?" 

"I'm afraid that I do not have any." He said.

"Sir, will you go out with me?" I sniggered.

"No Daisy, for you have a boyfriend, and I'm afraid there is quite a bit of an age gap between us." Professor Lupin turned back to the blackboard.

I got out my rubber egg and threw it at Seamus. He shrieked as it bounced off his head. He grinned and picked it up. He threw it at Dean. Dean yelled, then winged it back at Seamus, only for it to miss and hit Floppy in the face instead. Us three whipped around in our seats, trying to look innocent as Floppy glared around, trying to find the culprit.

"Accio rubber egg!" I whispered, and the rubber egg flew towards me. I grabbed it and slipped it into my pocket. I started Accio'ing everything in the room towards me.

I stabbed Shannon in the back with my quill. She whirled around and threw a rubber at me.

Then I threw the rubber egg at Harry, but it missed and hit Professor Lupin in the back. Everyone went silent with mingled horror and the urge to burst out laughing.

He turned around. "Who was that?" 

Everyone were as still as statues. We all held poker faces.

Finally, I decided to own up.

"Me, sir!" I grinned.

~~~

"What about that 'making you say that tonight'?" Terry smirked at me as we wandered down a deserted corridor together after class.

I instantly blushed, remembering the situation.

"We can't do that, we're too young, we're only thirteen - well, you're fourteen, your birthday's in August - but I'm thirteen, and -" I struggled to say.

"It's alright Softpaw, I was only joking!" Terry laughed. Godric, his laugh makes my day.

He pushed me against a windowsill. We gazed into each other's eyes. His were a warm chocolate brown, slightly darker than usual with lust.

He suddenly kissed me, his arms snaking around me possessively, mine going up to his hair. He pushed me up against the window, pushing his tongue into my mouth. Eventually, unfortunately, we had to breath, because we're humans.

We broke apart, breathing heavily, lips still touching slightly. Terry muttered, "I love you."

I froze in shock. What? I don't - I don't know if -

I don't know if I feel the same way. I mean, I do like him, but it's only a few months into the relationship, I keep having thoughts about my Dragon, and I -

He kissed me again, softly, gently, this time. But it doesn't seem as if he intended for me to hear it. It looks as if he said it without realising it. 

He loves me.

But I don't know if I love him. 

Do I love Terry Boot?

1