Chapter 8 – Floppy
77 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a quiet sort of desperation in Oliver's voice as he addressed his six fellow team members in the chilly changing rooms on the edge of the darkening Quidditch pitch.

"This is our last chance - MY last chance - to win the Quidditch Cup." He told us, striding up and down in front of us."I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor haven't won for seven years now. OK, so we've had the worst luck in the world - injuries - then the tournament getting called off last year...but we also know we've got the BEST - RUDDY - TEAM - IN - THE - SCHOOL!" He said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye.

"We've got three SUPERB Chasers." Oliver pointed at Harry, Katie, and Angelina.

"We've got two UNBEATABLE Beaters." 

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us." Fred and George said together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has NEVER FAILED TO WIN US A MATCH!" Oliver rumbled, glaring at me with a kind of furious pride.

"And me." He added as an afterthought.

"We think you're very good, too, Oliver." George said.

"Cracking Keeper." Fred said. 

"The point is," Oliver went on, resuming his pacing, "the Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since the Potter twins joined the team, I've thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on the thing..." 

Oliver spoke so dejectedly that even Fred and George looked sympathetic.

"Oliver, this year's our year." Fred said.

"We'll do it, Oliver!" Angelina said.

"Definitely!" Harry and I chorused.

Full of determination, our team started training. Terry and Draco were lounging in the bleachers, watching us. Terry had got a place on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team - Seeker. After we had landed after a successful and great practice, we headed off to the school. It was already pitch black.

As the entire team, Terry, and Draco walked past a broom cupboard, someone from inside it snatched my arm and dragged me silently inside, covering my mouth so that my scream couldn't be heard.

"Lumos." The person said. I was reminded of a similar incident in first year. Same place, same person.

* Floppy moved closer to me, pressing me against the wall. I shifted uncomfortably. Was he going to curse me? Torture me? Or -

"You're a pretty little thing, aren't you?" He smirked down at me, grabbing my hands and pinning them to the wall above me.

"W-what?!" I squeaked, my voice horrifically high and small.

This was the same position my Muggle attacker and I were in that night...was he going to do the same? Only succeed in going through with all of it this time?! 

"You see, Potter, I'm already fourteen. My birthday was a couple weeks ago. I'm very hormonal right now, at this essential stage in teenage boys' growth. I need someone to...satisfy my needs...and be too afraid..." he twirled his wand in his other hand, smirking, "to tell anyone."

"G-get away f-from m-me!" I whimpered as he pressed himself against me, aware of how close we were.

"And you are the hottest girl of the school...guys have been talking...and I have a picture that your stupid little friends sold to everyone...you seem ideal. Also, you can be manipulated very easily...Tom Riddle proved that for me." Floppy grinned evilly down at me.

"F-fuck you!" I tried to kick him in the balls, infuriated at his jab at my sore spot (Tom Riddle), but he grabbed my leg and started running his hand up my thigh.

"S-stop!" I squeaked again. "I-I - you -"

Tears started running down my face. I squirmed around, trying to get out of his grip.

Floppy tightened his grip on my wrists, probably bruising them, and slowly brought his wand up to my neck, looking me in the eye. "Don't struggle."

Strongly reminded of the assault, more and more tears fell until I was shaking like mad and falling to pieces under Floppy.

"What the hell's wrong with YOU?" Floppy snickered, finally figuring out that something was up.

I shook my head.

"You will tell me." He said in a dangerous voice, pressing the end of his wand into my neck.

"I - I can't!" I sobbed.

"You know what a nice little curse is, Potter?" Floppy smirked sadistically at me. "The Cruciatus Curse. It makes the victim feel as if they are being stabbed with a thousand burning-hot knives at once - it's the torture curse. I could use it on you..."

"No, you w-won't, it's i-illegal, it's not w-worth it, if you get c-caught - you're e-expelled - and - a-and you need to m-mean it -" I thought back to the books I had stolen from the Restricted Section to read out of interest.

"They won't catch me. I can control you, Potter...Tom has proved that to me...you won't tell. And believe me, I can mean it. I hate you with a burning passion, remember?" Floppy snarled darkly.

"F-fuck..." I tried to strain against Floppy's hands, but he was stronger than me in this state.

"You know what I said, Potter..."

"You'll tell the entire school!" I whimpered, my voice faltering as I saw the evil glint in Floppy's eyes, and the wild, enjoyed smirk on his face.

"Crucio." He whispered, and I felt a intense pain shoot through my neck, where the wand was, to the rest of my body. What the fuck were this psycho's parents teaching him?! I slid to the floor, Floppy still gripping my wrists, writhing and screaming. Floppy, pressing my wrists to the ground with his feet, used his now free hand to cover my mouth with. I saw him, out of the corner of my tear-filled eyes, laughing with enjoyment at my pain.

He withdrew his wand and tugged me up, now behind me, holding my wrists behind me in a vice-like grip. He encircled his free arm around me, pressing his wand to my neck again. He pressed his face to the back of my neck, near my ear.

"Do you want that to happen again?" He whispered threateningly.

I shook my head, tears running down my cheeks, my knees buckling from weakness.

Floppy held me up, using his Beater strength. "Well then tell me what it is you're so...freaked out about."

"N-no-"

He pressed his wand harder into my neck.

"I - okay..." I sniffled.

He pressed my back to his chest, stretching his neck over my shoulder so that his face was next to mine. He pressed his lips to my ear and whispered, "Go on."

Then he saw the scar on my neck from where the Muggle had pressed against it with his knife.

"O-ho-ho..." He chuckled darkly as he traced it with his finger. I whimpered. "Is the story behind this scar what you're going to tell me now?" 

"Y-yes..." I whispered.

"Mhmm." He pressed his lips against my neck, kissing it softly. It sent chills down my spine.

"I - I was walking down M-Muggle London, and - and these g-guys called out s-shit at m-me, and one of t-them said, 'I'd f-fuck the s-s-sh-shit out of t-th-that'..." I broke off into hysterical sobs, remembering that he was about to do just that until my clan mates intervened. "And that one f-followed me, h-he dragged me d-down an alleyway, h-he kissed me, he t-took off my s-shirt, he started t-touching me up, I t-tried to escape, he p-pressed a knife to my neck and c-cut it, then my best f-friends and b-boyfriend came in and s-stopped him." I finished. "T-there. Happy?"

"Very much so. I now have something else to torment you with!" Floppy grinned darkly at me.

"Just...g-get it over w-with..." I hung my head, just wanting to get out of here.

"If you insist." Floppy drawled lowly. He knocked me roughly down on the ground and climbed on top of me. He positioned his arms on either side of my head, and ducked his head so that it was hovering just above mine.

I shut my eyes, resigning. 'Just get this over with...' I begged Floppy in my mind.

I felt his cold lips pressing against mine. I didn't kiss back. I was NOT going to cheat on my boyfriend willingly.

He bit my bottom lip roughly. I refused to open my mouth. He bit down, hard, and I yelped as I tasted my blood flowing from my lip. He took the chance to force his tongue into my mouth. Meanwhile, one of his hands was holding him up, the other groping up and down my body.

He stopped in one particular place in my lower region, and I froze. No, no, no, no...

I thrashed around, catching him off guard. I threw him off me, and dashed for the door. He lunged for me, and we crashed to the ground, him lying on top of me, clutching my wrists behind me in one hand, the other prodding his wand to my neck again. 

He muttered a curse, and a long, shallow cut suddenly appeared on my arm, and a short, deep one on my leg. They instantly started bleeding. I felt my head spinning from all the pain Floppy was giving me. First the Cruciatus Curse, now this?!

"Professor Snape taught me that one." He smirked down at me. "Now fucking cooperate, or I WILL complete the entire process."

I gulped. I knew what 'process' he was talking about. I knew by the suggestive looks he was giving my 'areas'.

"Not to say that I won't eventually, of course. Just not tonight." He laughed coldly.

I fell limp, and Floppy crawled back on top of me, pressing his lips down on mine once more. He forced his tongue down my throat. When he came up for air, I took a chance and screamed at the top of my lungs. Floppy quickly clamped a hand down over my mouth again and got out his wand yet again. I eyed it. Oh fuck.

"Crucio!" He hissed intimidatingly. I squirmed and thrashed around on the ground, screaming into Floppy's hand, then mouth, as he replaced it. He continued to torture me as he snogged me. 

The door burst open and Fred, George, Terry, and Draco fell in. 

"H-help me!" I sobbed when Floppy drew away. *

He noticed the boys, and had a 'Well shit' look on his face. Terry dived for him, his face full of a dangerous rage, pinned him to the ground, and started punching him in the face, over and over again. Draco dropped to his knees beside me and lifted me gently onto them. 

"Shit, guys, she's bleeding!" He exclaimed. Fred and George knelt down too, looking panicked as I bled out. 

Terry heard Draco. "You hurt my bloody girlfriend!" He growled furiously at Floppy, and started smashing his head into the ground.

The twins looked like they were wracking their brains for a spell to fix my cuts.

"Oh! Got it!" Fred said, told the spell to George, and they started performing it. I wasn't, couldn't pay attention. My vision was starting to blacken, and I felt myself slipping into a faint. Everyone's voices faded away.

Then everything else faded away into a black nothingness.

~~~

I woke up, my head spinning, in my bed in my dormitory. Fred, George, Terry, Draco, and Harry were seated around me.

"What did he do to you, Softpaw?" Was the first thing out of Terry's mouth.

"He - he..." I burst into tears again. Terry climbed onto the bed next to me and held me. "It's alright, it's okay..."

I told them the entire story. They looked bloody furious. They told me that Fred, George, Terry, and Draco had noticed that I was gone when they turned to talk to me and I wasn't there. They had went back to search for me, and heard me scream.

"He used the fucking CRUCIATUS CURSE on you?!"

"But that's - that's illegal! How DARE he hurt you!"

"And he made you tell him about the thing you want to talk about least in the world! And he - he KISSED you..."

"He fucking cut you! And he fucking tortured you!"

"Are you sure you don't want to report him, Daisy?" Draco said quietly, his eyes full of quiet rage.

"Y-yes..." I stammered, thinking of Floppy and what he would do to me if he found out I had reported him. He was also more powerful than I thought. His Death-Eater parents must have been pretty powerful, and must have taught him all that they knew since he was a little boy.

The boys kept babbling in my ear about it all night.

~~~

When the first Hogsmeade weekend arrived, Harry and I accompanied the Insurgents, Ron, and Hermione to the Entrance Hall, where Filch was standing inside the front doors, checking off names against a long list, peering suspiciously into every face, and making sure no one was sneaking out who shouldn't be going.

"Staying here, Potter?" Floppy shouted, smirking at me and deliberately looking at me in a suggestive way. "Scared of passing the Dementors?" 

He had been doing that a lot whenever he saw me the past few weeks. He had also been making kissy-faces at me (quite like Fred and George do behind mine and Terry's backs), twirling his wand threateningly, whispering "Crucio" to me whenever we passed in the corridors, and whenever Fred, George, Terry, Draco, and Harry's backs were turned (they had been accompanying me everywhere) he had pinned my wrists behind my back - until one of them turned around, and he ran for it. He was yet to get me alone again. 

I ignored him, and Harry grabbed my hand. He led me up the staircase.

"Well, bye Harry! I've got...work to do!" I said brightly, and darted off with the Invisibility Cloak and the Marauder's Map.

I went through the secret passage via a hump-backed statue of a witch. I arrived in Honeydukes. I met up with Fred, George, and Terry on the other side. We had an awesome time, going around Honeydukes, Zonko's, and the Shrieking Shack.

Then I sneaked back via the secret passageway in case Filch was still at the doors when everyone came back.

I went around looking for Harry. I found him in Professor Lupin's office.

"Hey, Professor." I grinned around the door at him.

"Come in, Daisy." He smiled at me.

I sat beside Harry.

"Have I ever told you how much you remind me of your father, Daisy?" Professor Lupin asked me.

"Do I?" I laughed.

"Oh yes." Professor Lupin nodded.

The door opened, and in came Snape. He carrying a goblet, which was smoking faintly, and stopped at the sight of Harry and I, his black eyes narrowing.

"Ah, Severus." Lupin said, smiling. "Thanks very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?" 

Snape set the smoking goblet down, his eyes wandering between my twin, Lupin, and I.

And Lupin DRANK it. Snape would do anything to get the DADA job, wouldn't he?

~~~

After the magnificent Halloween feast, Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lee, and I trooped up to Gryffindor Tower. But when we reached the corridor which ended with the portrait of the Fat Lady, we found it jammed with students.

"Why the fuck isn't anyone going in?" Fred asked.

I tried to peer over the heads in front of me. But I was too short. 

"Let me through, please." Percy's voice came, and he bustled importantly through the crowd. "What's the hold up here? You can't all have forgotten the password - excuse me, I'm Head Boy -"

And then a silence fell over the crowd, from the front first, so that a chill seemed to spread down the corridor. I heard Percy say, in a suddenly sharp voice, "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick." 

People's heads turned; those at the back were standing on tip-toe.

"What's going on?" Ginny said, who had just arrived.

I ran to get Dumbledore. I found him just leaving the Great Hall.

"Professor, Professor, come quick!" I panted. Dumbledore followed me without a word, instantly.

He swept through the crowd towards the portrait. 

"Oh my -" Hermione exclaimed and grabbed Ron's arm. I smirked to myself. I ship it. ROMIONE. #NewOTP!

The Fat Lady had vanished from her portrait, which had been slashed so viciously that strips of canvas littered the floor; great chunks of it had been torn away completely.

Dumbledore took one quick look the ruined painting and turned, his eyes sombre, to see Professors McGonagall, Lupin, and Snape hurrying towards him. 

"We need to find her." Dumbledore said. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

"You'll be lucky!" A cackling voice said.

Peeves was bobbing over the crowd and looking delighted, as he always did, at the sight of wreckage or worry (like me).

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Dumbledore said calmly. 

Peeves's grin faded a little. He didn't dare taunt Dumbledore. Instead he adopted an oily voice that was no better than his cackle.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful." He said happily. "Poor thing." He added, unconvincingly. 

"Did she say who did it?" Dumbledore said quietly. 

"Oh, yes, Professorhead." Peeves said, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see." Peeves flipped over, and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

2