Chapter 11: Convince the family
354 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A crescent moon hung in the sky, shining scattered yellow light around the city. It was already nighttime when Murong arrived home.

When Murong opened the door, he unexpectedly spotted his uncle Fang in the common room.

"Hi, uncle Fang!" Murong greeted.

"Hello, Murong. Long time no see," Chen Fang replied with a chuckle.

"Welcome back home, young master Murong," Chen Gui also greeted Murong on the side.

"Uncle Gui, are my parents also back home?"

"Yes, they are both at home."

"Good. Could you tell my parents, grandpa, grandma, and all of my siblings to come to the living room? I have something to discuss with them."

"You too, uncle Fang," Murong added.

"Sure, young master," Uncle Gui responded and walked to other rooms in the house.

Then, Chen Murong lead Chen Fang to Chen family's living room.

"Murong, what would you like to discuss with everyone?"

"Let's wait, uncle Fang. It might as well tell every people at the same time about this."

"Alright."

After 15 minutes, each family member gradually came one by one, and, at last, all family members were here in the room.

"Murong, what would you like to discuss with everyone?" Chen Jinnan asked the same question that Chen Fang asked 15 minutes ago.

"I would like to tell you guys something, but please bear with me and keep an open mind."

Chen Murong began narrating his story. He told them that, approximately one year later, the world as we know it today would cease to exist, marking the beginning of the apocalypse era.

On the first day of the apocalypse, the eclipse would envelop the entire continent creating weeklong darkness. At that time, another unexpected thing occurred. There were countless cracks happening in the air, ripping open a bright red portal connect to several completely different worlds. Those portals brought the first wave of undead creatures, the skeleton warriors.

These creatures came in different shapes and sizes. After emerging from the portals, they did not wait a moment and began killing nearby humans. Millions of humans had been killed in minutes.

However, these creatures were not the worst of the apocalypse. It was only the beginning. After disappearing together with the eclipse in about a week, the red portals also left behind the surging amount of dark energy in our atmosphere. This incident induced the mutation of animals and plants on the continent. Some animals suddenly increased in size overnight. Some animals grew horns or wings. Some animals could even use some special abilities.

In addition, while everyone was still celebrating the end of the weeklong darkness, the zombies appeared. The scientists theorized that not only animals evolved but also the virus. This evolved virus turned those people who died during the first week to be zombies.

It turned out that these new zombies rapidly became an even more serious problem. As it had been found out that even the slightest scratch from zombies would make one infected with the zombie virus and turned to be one of them within 48 hours. Among the remaining people that survived, the majority of them turned into zombies this way.

Chen grandparents, Chen parents, Chen uncle, and Chen siblings were all silent and did not express their opinions regarding his story. Although a few among them thought his words were unbelievable or even... ridiculous, they could not bear to interrupt when they saw Murong's anxious and determined look.

Chen Muyong did not stop. He continued to narrate his story.

Fortunately, our humanity had not lost all hope yet. During the second day of the apocalypse, a sound from nowhere had rung up on everyone's mind.

"Ding! Congratulations! You have survived the transition phase of your world. Your world spiritual energy has reached the criteria, and it has been connected to the rest of the universes. Your world will begin to accumulate more spiritual energy at improving speed and evolve. In order to survive, you have to find your world dungeons and accept the job."

"Ding! Your physique has been upgraded, and your spiritual sense has been awakened. You have been granted a temporary job, the apprentice. Your body cannot continue to accumulate more spiritual energy or evolve until you can get a permanent job."

"Ding! You can view your status by thinking, 'Please show my status' in your mind."

This sound later has been referred to as the sound from the system created by "God's spirit," who had power beyond our understanding.

God's spirit had created a system that allowed humans to develop themselves and gain abilities like a video game.

Unfortunately, unlike those mutated animals, plants, skeletons, and zombies, the original human evolution rate was very slow. Therefore, under the threat of these creatures, the hope of human survival was very slim.

However, human communities also have found a way to expedite human evolution. It was found that, after the apocalypse day, all creatures on the continent had a spiritual nucleus formed in their brains. This nucleus had a shape of a transparent pellet with the color dictated by its corresponding attributes. The higher the level of the nucleus, the larger it is. Humans could absorb this nucleus. The more the absorption of the nucleus, the stronger of body, soul, and ability grew. Humans, then, had a chance to fight for the right to exist in this world.

All family members were stunned and did not know what to say.

Seeing that everyone was quiet, Chen Murong responded with a sad smile.

"I know that you guys probably don't believe me, but what I said was true, and I have proof."

He then spread his right palm with the space ring on his index finger and activated the ring.

Suddenly, a familiar rifle appeared in his hand. This rifle was very long, and it was impossible for Chen Murong to hide it before.

Seeing the rifle suddenly appeared, Chen Jinnan and others felt shocked.

Soon, everyone was persuaded and believed in Murong's word...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Thank you very much for reading this! Please support me with your favorite vote! --- But, of course, I like your comments and review more!  :)

Single Hamster

14