Chapter 15: Camping and hunting
288 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*** Chen Huilong's point of view. ***

It had been almost two hours since they went to the dungeon. I was starting to get bored with nothing to do. The other women have all gone to play in the river nearby, leaving me the only boy to watch the camp. I walked back and forth around our campsite, kicking random stones on the floor, testing how far they went each time.

During another round of stone hitting, while I was still in a random thought in my head, abruptly, I caught sight of my bro Murong's party below the hill. After seeing them moved closer to the camp, I quickly jogged down the hill with high speed to meet them.

"Bros, dad, uncle, grandpa, you finally come back!" I shouted excitedly.

"Yes, we came back," Chen Jinnan answered with a smile and curiously asked back.

"Where are your grandmother, mother, and sister?"

"They all went to the nearby river," I answered my grandpa and led them into our little camp.

The camp that we set was very simple. It consisted of three tents, and each tent could fit four people in it if we had to. In addition, thanks to my brother's magic space ring, we also brought several blow-up mattresses, pillows, sleeping bags, a small generator, a mini-refrigerator, and a lot of things that we thought we would need. He even brought wooden bows and arrows for hunting.

"Growl! Growl! Growl!" All of A Sudden there were sounds coming from them during the surveying of the camp. I quickly looked back at them and laughed. It turned out to be their stomachs' rumbling sound.

Murong looked at me back and said with a chuckle as he was scratching his belly. "Well, we have been in the dungeon for 12 hours. I even think that I can eat a whole horse right now."

My father and grandfather were also smiled in agreement, as Dawei abruptly said.

"I will go out to hunt our dinner then."

"I will go helping you," Murong plainly said while he was picking up a bow and arrows in his hand.

"I will go to help too!" I promptly volunteered. How could I miss such a fun activity?

"Sure," Murong winked at me.

"I will stay here to set up a basic fence," Chen Fang timely spoke.

Then, Dawei, Murong, and I walked out of our camp and entered the forest, starting to hunt some animals for our BBQ dinner.

...

The forest around the camp was not dense, but it is full of creatures, including squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, monkeys, boars, and much more. However, they were scared of people. So, immediately after we entered the inner forest, Dawei and Murong's behavior totally changed. They told me to follow them silently.

Both of them moved like hunting human dogs, bending to study the ground with a swift and keen alertness. If I did not know better, I would think they had practiced together for several years.

In the distance around me, I only heard Hammington birds were crisping and flying in the wild. However, both of my big brothers clearly were able to hear something else. They signaled me to be quieter and slowly follow them.

From time to time, they were wandering left and right, again and again—as if they were checking something. I saw Dawei bent and read the tiny, almost indiscernible tracks. In my opinion, it would be some kinds of small animals such as rabbits or squirrels. If these animals were larger, they should have more weight and have left more tracks, right?

It had taken us an hour to find tracks that were noticeable enough. Racing a dying sun, we moved more quickly, bending and searching, anticipating what the preys that we were seeking were.

Suddenly, Dawei raised his right hand to signal all of us to stop moving. He turned his head and looked at Murong. Murong nodded his face back as if they could communicate through their eyes. Dawei fired several arrows through the giant bush.

"Squeak!" A sudden sound of a mysterious animal rang behind the bush.

Dawei and Murong quickly moved to that spot. I swiftly followed them.

We found a barking deer corpse. Murong and Dawei finished the poor deer off. After that, Dawei put the whole barking deer corpse and led us back to the camp.

...

During the time that we were walking back to the camp, I asked what was still lingering on my mind.

"How do you shoot an arrow at it without being able to see it?" I asked after we caught one barking deer that Dawei shot.

Dawei puffed his muscular chest and proudly said, "Don't look down on me! Your big brother is an outstanding hunter. Even I cannot see it behind the bush, but I can still smell and hear its movement. It also left a track on the land."

Murong laughed and said. "Dawei, this is rare. You rarely brag, hahaha."

Dawei immediately stopped boasting, but his face has been slightly reddening.

"Look, you are blushing!" Murong continued to tease his big brother.

"Shut up, Murong," Dawei furiously shouted.

"HaHaHa," The sound of laughter came from both Murong and Huilong. And after getting fierce eyes from Dawei, both of them finally ceased laughing at him.

"You both have to teach me, bro!" Huilong excitedly exclaimed.

"Some other times," Dawei slightly chuckled and moved his right hand to mess up my hair. This must be revenge for that previous laughter.

"Big bro!" I cried back with unsatisfactory. I spent quite a while setting up my gorgeous hair. However, he just continued with louder laughter.

"Stop you two. The camp is ahead of us now," Murong interrupted. We then stopped teasing each other and hurriedly rushed into our camp.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Thank you for following my novel! Feel free to give your favorite, comment, or review! I am always happy to see notifications of those things! :)

Single Hamster

 
12