Chapter 20: Dungeon clear!
301 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All other wolves have been killed," Dawei told the group. "Are you guys alright?"

"Yes, we are alright," Murong replied as he was walking to the thunder wolf corpse.

After reaching the corpse, Murong then used a butcher knife to cut open the wolf carcass. He sliced open its head, and its blood spilled right into his face. But, he could not care less and continued to dissect the corpse with even more eagerness until he saw the beast's spiritual nucleus.

Usually, the beast's spiritual nucleus was located in the brain area. If you saw it, you could tell right away from its abnormal shape. It already did not look like a natural brain organ, but it was also formed into a reflective icosahedral shape which seemed to give an artificially made atmosphere.

Murong continued to stab downwards into the center of the brain and broke open an icosahedral solid shell surrounded by many swollen veins with familiar ease. One hard twist into the shell and a blood-soaking translucent nucleus with the size of a thumb fell into his palm.

"It is a spiritual nucleus that I was talking about in our family meeting," Murong spoke as he was opening his right palm to show the team. "This is a really good staff," he added with a grin on his face.

In fact, Murong did not have to tell them because, instinctively, they knew this was something really good. The fresh spiritual nucleus would normally whiff of something fragrant, something even more appetizing than food aroma, even amidst the strong stench of blood.

Come to think of it. The mutation beasts must also feel the same. They must have always felt that we smelled very good. So they instinctively knew they needed to eat us, which resulted in our relentless slaughter of each other.

"So, hurry up and help me digging up other silver wolves' corpses. We do not want anything other than this spiritual nucleus!" Murong quickly instructed.

Everybody nodded in agreement and hurriedly went to find the silver wolves' corpses in the area. It did not take long. Murong's team was able to dig out a total of five nuclei from the total of ten corpses, though the first from thunder wolf was the largest—the other four from silver wolf were just tiny fragments. When the last wolf corpse was finished dissecting, Murong's group could not help feeling excited about their nucleus harvests.

"What will you do with them, exactly?" Chen Fang asked.

"We can absorb them. This thunder wolf nucleus has a yellow color corresponded to its thunder attribute. Usually, we should give the nucleus to the people who have a job related to that element. However, since no one has a job yet and it seems no one in our family relates to thunder element anyway in the future. I will use it to show you guys." Murong explained as he was showing the yellowish translucent nucleus. The water from a drinking bottle had already washed out the blood on the nucleus.

"The way to do it is that you just have to imagine your spiritual energy in your mind, and try to channel it to your hand, then you will be able to absorb the nucleus bit by bit," Murong described as he demonstrated on the nucleus on his right palm. The air around the yellowish translucent nucleus became fuzzy and full of glowing yellow light.

"The bigger it is, the longer it will be," Murong said after 5 minutes had passed.

"Ding! Congratulations! You successfully open your thunder element." An unexpected sound rang up in Murong's mind.

"Oh. Interesting..." Murong mumbled with a smile.

"What's up?" Dawei asked with curiosity.

"The system has just informed me that I have opened up my thunder element. I did not have this element in my previous life. Maybe it relates to the fact that I absorb the nucleus before I get a job." Murong gave his hypothesis.

This actually opened a new way of possibility for him to develop his family. Not only they had started opening their spiritual senses far from the beginning of the apocalypse in this life, but they would also have the potential to have more elemental attributes. Together with his knowledge, they would definitely become those elite fighters.

After Murong finished the absorption process, he looked down at the remaining evolution nuclei in his hand, four green fingernail-sized nuclei. He planned to distribute it to his uncle Fang, Dawei, his dad, and Huilong. He gave one to Chen Fang because his past life job was related to a wind attribute. As for the remaining three, he just would like to experiment to find a method to open new elemental attributes.

Murong smiled and said, "Let's test it with you guys later when we got back to the camp. But, for now, we have to be a little bit faster. There is a little time left for us to find the key. It will not be fun if we have to go through these killings again. Especially if we have to reacquaintance with our thunder friend."

"Yes, agree," thought of the thriller scene of thunder wolf, everyone hurriedly consented. They all had the same opinions in this aspect. It did not take a genius to realize that the dungeon was very dangerous for them now. Not to mention whether, on the next one, the difficulty of the dungeon would still be the same or not.

Luckily, despite the unfortunate encounter with the thunder wolf, the key hidden place was not that difficult to find this time. It took them just another 30 minutes to find the key. Once Dawei got a hold of the golden key in his right hand, the same dungeon-ending notification appeared in everyone's mind.

"Ding! Congratulations! Mission accomplished. You have found the golden key. You can choose one of the three rewards from finishing this dungeon."

"Ding! Please select the choice from below

1. Awakening spiritual sense

2. Soldier rank random item

3. Job changing: Hunter (The font color is ranged from red to green. The green color means you are perfectly suitable for this job. You could change your job on the red color font, but it is not recommended.)

Murong, Dawei, and Chen Fang chose the second choice like last time, while Huilong and Yilin chose the first choice. When everyone appeared again at the entrance of the dungeon, Dawei stepped forward with a few steps and handed the black hexagram stone necklace to Murong.

Murong took the necklace from Dawei's hand, and a moment later, its properties appear in Murong's mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Black obsidian amulet

Class: Soldier

Grade: S

Passive skill:

1) Increase spiritual defense +7 level

2) Increase spiritual energy accumulation from the environment by 50%

Active skill:

1) Extend skill control range for 50% for 10 minutes (Once every 24 hours)

----------------------------------------------------------

"Wow! Another S grade!" Murong was extremely surprised. He recalled a second ago that the system notified him that he received S grade item - a black moon cape. He could not imagine that he would be more surprised after getting another one from Chen Fang. So, the good fortune in an unfortunate event!

As for Dawei, although de did not get like super rare grade item, it was also not bad. He handed B grade space ring to Murong. This space ring volume was up to 1 cubic meter.

After thinking for a while, Murong threw the amulet to Dawei and said, "Dawei, this equipment is more suitable for you. It can increase your spiritual ability. Your job probably relates to psychics like before, which will be beneficial for you if your spiritual ability is high. "

"As for you, uncle. You could keep this space ring. It is a similar item to the one I have on my finger.", Murong turned his face to Chen Fang and added.

Both Dawei and Chen Fang accepted the equipment from Murong without any arguments and immediately equipped them on their bodies. They understood that personal power in the apocalypse has little value. The most important right now was to develop their team.

With the excitement of obtaining several good pieces of equipment and successfully awaken all of their spiritual senses, Murong's team was in high spirit. They immediately rushed back into their camp. They could not wait to tell their good news to the remaining members of the family.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

As always, thank you for reading my novel!, and I hope you guys enjoy reading it. :) --- If you have any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate to tell me.:)

Single Hamster

14