Chapter 28: The Borderlands dungeon
297 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*** Third person’s POV continued. ***

 

The people that Murong selected to be in the dungeon team except Dawei and him were second lieutenant Chen Wuya, second lieutenant Chen Liang, and second lieutenant Chen Juren. It was not coincident that these people had “Chen” as their family name. It was customary for the big family in the Xia Kingdom to adopt orphans who had potential into the family. So, these soldiers, in a sense, could be considered as their Chen family members.

 

In fact, this was not the only reason that Murong included them in the group. These people also died in Murong’s past life when the Chen family was abolished. So, Murong thought it was a safe bet to trust them with this dungeon secret. However, he wouldn’t tell them the detail.

 

Actually, last night, when Murong consulted with Dawei about letting some of the trusted soldiers knew this teleportation-like dungeon portal secret, they concluded that it shouldn’t matter much if this secret leaked. It was a lucky coincidence that teleportation technology was one of their Chen family specialties. Other people would only think that this must be one of their family testing sites for new teleportation technology. As long as they didn’t mention anything about the apocalypse, no one should think otherwise.

 

“In a minute, we will teleport into another place which it may have monsters that we have to kill,” Murong announced to the group. “This is the secret of our family. Don’t talk about what happens to anybody else.”

 

“Yes, young master!” the group responded.

 

 Then, Murong showed the group how to enter the dungeon. When the group entered the dungeon, the usual sound rang up in their head.

 

“Ding! Welcome to Maldreg dungeon.”

 

“Dungeon class: Soldier.”

 

“Dungeon type: Team dungeon. Five people limit.”

 

“Dungeon objective: Eliminating Maldreg tribe within 24 hours of the time limit.”

 

“Dungeon time ratio: 1:12.”

 

“Dungeon fail's penalty: Spiritual energy accumulation reduced by 10%.”

 

“If there are no more people joining, the dungeon will start automatically in 30 minutes.”

 

“If you wish to come back later, you can touch the portal and think ‘Exit.’ ”

 

 

“Five people detected. Dungeon start.”

 

Muyong and Dawei casually listened to the system's announcement while the three soldiers were looking around with a curious and confusing look.

 

“Did you know it will be five people limit dungeon?” Dawei asked Murong in a whisper voice.

 

“No, I didn’t. I only guessed. Most dungeons have a minimum limit of five people.” Murong whispered back. Then, he turned his face to the remaining soldiers and spoke to them.

 

“Ok. You might be confused about what you hear in your head just now. We won’t explain it to you for the time being. Just follow our instructions as always.”

 

“First, as you heard, our mission here is to kill whatever we find in this place. Then, let’s survey the surroundings first. We will meet here again every 30 minutes until anyone finds something useful. Are there any questions?”

 

“No, young master!” the soldiers responded and saluted.

 

Then, their group started assessing the dungeon. It turned out that this dungeon was set up in the middle of the forest. The starting point where the portal was located was on the west hill of the dungeon. Beyond the west hill, there were two other hills in the north and the south, with the valley among three of them.

 

After about thirty minutes, all soldiers but one came back and reported what they saw to Murong and Dawei. Basically, they found nothing interesting. They found only trees and some animals like a usual forest. However, ten minutes later, the last soldier came back, and he reported something interesting to Murong and Dawei.

 

“Young masters, I saw the village in the valley on the east direction from here,” second lieutenant Chen Liang said.

 

“Were there any people in the village?” Murong asked.

 

“I can’t tell, young master. I didn’t go that far and came back to report to you,” the last soldier, Chen Liang, replied.

 

“That’s alright,” Murong said to Chen Liang.

 

Then, he told the group. “We all will go together. Other directions didn’t have anything unusual except the trees and bushes. Chen Liang’s news is the best clue we get so far.”

 

“Yes, young master!” the soldiers responded.

 

Therefore, they all traveled to the edge of the west hill. At the rim of the hill, Murong gazed towards the landscape beyond the steep slope that they were on. Below, there was indeed a large village surrounded by several meadows on all sides. Dawei also pointed his finger in the distance and said.

 

“Look! Some people are walking out of the village.”

 

“If you could call them people?” Murong said with a smile on his face and handed his binocular to Dawei. Dawei received a binocular from Murong and looked through it. What he saw through binocular made him felt surprised. Those things weren’t people that he first thought. He saw tiny green monsters with deformed looks in hunter clothes appeared.

 

“… Goblins?” Dawei said with uncertainty as he handed the binocular to other soldiers.

 

“Apparently,” Murong replied. “And from the look of it, they have like 20-30 soldiers.”

 

“What should we do then?” Dawei asked.

 

“These goblins aren’t that good. They are just the lowest evolution of goblins. We can definitely kill them all with our weapons,” Murong said and paused a little bit. “However, let’s watch them for quite some time to make sure there would be no surprise.”

 

“Agreed,” Dawei said. Then, Murong ordered the soldier to set up a temporary camp while he and Dawei observed the goblin village.

 

After three hours of observing, it was finally paid off. Dawei saw two goblins that seem to be different from other goblins and nudged Murong.

 

“Those two goblins seem different than others,” Dawei told Murong as he handed the binocular to Murong. Murong looked at those two that Dawei mentioned.

 

“You are right,” Murong said. “Those two aren’t ordinary goblins. They are warrior and warlock goblins.”

 

“Warrior and warlock goblins? How do you know which one is which?” Dawei asked.

 

“One of them has a shiny sword, and another one has a totem staff. Those are their weapon signatures,” Murong replied.

 

“So, should we worry about them?”

 

“A little. We shouldn’t fight both of them at the same time. It is too risky. We should try to separate them,” Murong responded.

 

“What about we lured one of them out?” Dawei suggested.

 

“How?” Murong asked back.

 

“You saw that hunting party? We could capture them and let one of them flee back to their village. I bet they would send one of their prime force to help.”

 

Murong considered it. “What if they both come at the same time?”

 

“I don’t think so. However, if that is the case, we still have an advantage. We could prepare some traps in advance.” Dawei replied.

 

Murong stared at that hunting party that Dawei mentioned.

 

“Okay. Let’s do it. Let’s call our soldiers and prepare to capture those beasts.”

12