Chapter 29: The warrior goblin
256 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*** Third person's POV continued. ***

Murong's group then followed the goblin hunting party's direction until these goblins ventured out far enough from its village. Then, they prepared an ambush between its village and the hunting site so that they could capture the hunting party on the way back.

"I think this is a good spot," Dawei said.

"I agree," Murong nodded. "Let's place some traps and hide behind those bushes."

Murong's team then began setting up some animal traps on the floor and concealed them with a pile of leaves. Dawei also prepared sharp wooden spikes on the tree trunk that he found. This big trunk would swing to the goblin that stumbled upon the transparent piano string on the floor, killing it without question.

After Murong's group finished setting up the traps, they then scattered all around the area, silently waiting behind the bush.

They didn't have to wait for long, though. After about an hour, they could hear the growls of those goblins coupled with their faint footsteps approaching. Apparently, that goblin hunting party was already on the way back. They leisurely walked and happily hummed the goblin's rhythm with their preys on their cart.

Poor goblins. They didn't even know that, in a short moment, they would also become the prey themselves for Murong's team.

This goblin hunting party consisted of only four goblins, so it wasn't so hard for Murong's team to capture all of them if they would like to. However, they planned to capture most goblins but one. Therefore, when these unfortunate goblins arrived, Murong's team only focused on disabling the front three goblins, leaving the scared goblin in the back to flee. However, when the chosen one finally successfully escaped, they immediately killed three captured goblins to reduce the risk of facing more enemies later.

So, that lucky goblin (but probably not for long) fleed from the scene without knowing Murong's team plan and thinking that its hunting mates still survived. It had to come back for them! It immediately informed its tribe about this first encounter enemy, and then it came back with another battalion of goblins to rescue their tribemates.

Fortunately, it was like what Dawei predicted. Only one of the special goblins came, and it happened to be the warrior goblin.

These low-level goblins weren't that intelligent. Even though they knew there were enemies waiting for them, they still openly marched to the site and planned to overwhelm Murong's team with just only their brutal forces.

As expected, they soon met with their disappointment. With the over advantage of a firearm, the goblin minions were killed in just a few minutes. Only the warrior goblin was left. The warrior goblin roared in an angry voice and rushed toward Murong's team.

Murong's team then fired with everything they had to that warrior goblin. Regrettably, unlike the other minion goblins, the warrior goblin had metallic armor on all over its body, and the bullets were bounced from that armor. They only scratched the armor but couldn't penetrate it.

Now, the warrior goblin was in close proximity to Murong's group. Therefore, Murong and the gang changed their weapons from guns to close combat weapons such as swords and blades. However, the warrior goblin's sword and its swordsmanship were too exceptional and unpredictable. It managed to suppress Murong's party move before they were even able to coordinate the attack. The constant flow of strikes forced Murong's party into a situation where they could only defend without being able to counterattack. They even had to change their swords several times due to their fractures during bumping with the goblin's sword.

Clearly, its sword wasn't an ordinary one. The only thing that kept them from losing so far was Murong and Dawei's swordsmanship.

"This doesn't work!" Dawei shouted after another of his sword was broken. "Let's have some people separated and attacked it from the long-range using fire arrow. If we couldn't penetrate its armor, just burn it alive!"

"Agree!" Murong shouted. "Wuya! Liang! Both of you do as Dawei said!"

"Yes, young master!" Chen Wuya and Chen Liang replied. They instantaneously retreated and moved out of the goblin's weapon range.

The warrior goblin tried to follow those two guys at first, but the remaining three people tried to keep it busy.

In fact, among the remaining three, Chen Juren was already at his limit. He was sweating all over his body now. Had it not been for Murong and Dawei's constant pressuring that didn't allow the warrior goblin to catch any breath, he would've already been dead several times long ago.

"The two young masters were really good at swordsmanship," Chen Juren thought.

Not even while dreaming could he ever imagine fighting with someone with swordsmanship as fearsome as this. The swordsmanship skill of two young masters could render the difference in the raw power of the weapon. At this moment, Murong and Dawei's performance wasn't like that of an ordinary soldier level at all.

Behind Murong's trio, Chen Wuya and Chen Liang had finally finished preparing the fire arrow. They shouted.

"We gonna shoot!"

When Murong heard that, he immediately used kinematic force field skill from his black moon cape. The shield reflected the warrior goblin back from Murong's trio, creating the opportunity for Wuya and Liang to shoot.

Even though Chen Wuya and Chen Liang didn't know how their young master did that, they didn't waste this great opportunity. They shot the arrow with a fire on its head at the warrior goblin without any slight hesitation.

After the fire arrows attached to the body of the warrior goblin, Murong then poured a gallon of oil onto this goblin's body. The warrior goblin then cried with pain and suffering. It also suffocated from the fire that covered all over its head. It tried to roll its body to put up the fire but in vain. Finally, the cried stop and the burnt smell was spread over the area.

Murong then approached the warrior goblin corpse and salvaged its items. He picked up its armor and sword. Then, the information of these two items appeared in his head.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Goblin's armor

Class: Soldier

Grade: C

Passive skill: Increase physical defense +5 level

No cooldown limits.

Restriction: Warrior related profession

----------------------------------------------------------

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Goblin's sword

Class: Soldier

Grade: C

Passive skill: Increase physical attack +5 level

No cooldown limits.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"They are not bad," Murong thought. He then kept the armor and the sword in his storage ring.

"Ok. It's time to eliminate those in the village." Murong said to the group.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! I apologize for a little bit late update. I didn't satisfy with my first draft yesterday so I used another day to revise it. Hope you guys like this chapter! :)

Single Hamster

11