Chapter 30: Goblin village
246 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finished salvaging goblins' items, Murong's party quietly approached the goblin's village. They took advantage of those careless village goblins to get rid of them with a surprise attack. They shot those goblins with several rifle shots.

When the goblins in the village surmised what was going on, they roared and charged out of the village to the team's hiding direction. These foolish goblins didn't even try to hide or find the cover. They just only charged directly to the enemy full of firearms, and as expected, they quickly followed their mates' footsteps. Murong's party responded to them with another round of bullets rain.

The frontline goblins died instantly, and there were only two goblin lefts, the warlock and one of the usual look goblin.

"Kyaak!" the usual look goblin growled while the warlock goblin mumbled something.

Murong's team didn't wait for those two to react further. They swiftly fired another round of bullets.

However, this time, something happened. Just before those bullets could reach those two goblins, the blue transparent dome appeared around them. The moment that the blue dome appeared around those goblins, the countless bullet attacks that flew towards them stopped in mid-air and dropped on the ground.

The warlock goblin smirked to mock when all bullets from Murong's team couldn't penetrate its shield.

"Magic shield!" Dawei exclaimed.

However, Murong just let out a cold snort and drew his sword without backing down. Then, he sprinted very fast and slashed toward the warlock goblin. At first, the goblin didn't care, but after it took a good look at the sword, its sweat had emerged on its forehead. The warlock goblin was realized that this was its friend's sword. The warlock goblin stunned and immediately avoided Murong's sword. Unfortunately, it reacted a little too late.

"Garrr!" the warlock exclaimed from the pain. It was caught off guard by Murong's successful attempt at penetrating its shield. Not only that, Murong instantly took the initiative and lashed out at the goblin without sparing a single moment.

Next to Murong, another goblin didn't just do nothing. Once it concluded that its friend was in danger, it immediately put its weapons to defend the warlock goblin. As anticipated, this goblin wasn't Murong's rival. Its weapon was instantly broken when it battered with Murong. However, it slowed Murong down, and it was enough for the warlock goblin to finish another spell. The warlock goblin shot a spell to burst the door of one of the huts.

"Boom!" the explosion sound rang from that hut close to the three soldiers. The white smoke from the collapse of the hut was circulated around that spot. After the smoke was cleared, there was a giant creature stood there.

This creature looked like a goblin, but its height was nearly three meters tall compared to one and a half meters in size for an ordinary goblin, which made it really shocking. It was a hulking, giant humanoid monster with a dirty skin tone. It had no hair, gnarled teeth, and tusks with a little animal-skin loincloth.

As everyone recognized it from the fantasy movies, their faces twisted with anxiety. This kind of creature was often very hard to deal with, not to mention its scary big body.

"Don't irritate it, and slowly move backward," Dawei whispered. The other three soldiers quickly nodded at those words. They all silently came to the same consensus.

However, the creature didn't allow them to act as they planned. At the moment that a giant monster saw Dawei and the gang, it started to roar and walked toward the four of them. Chen Juren was the closet one, and he was too anxious when that creature approached him. Even if he previously agreed not to aggravate this creature, he still drew his gun to fire at that creature when it slowly closed the distance, forgetting the previous consensus.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" the bullets scratched its skin. A little bit of green blood was seen around the creature's shallow wound. They clearly needed a more formidable weapon to kill this durable creature.

At the same time, Murong saw what happened to those four, and he instantly knew that he had to hurriedly finish these two goblins and helped them. That creature was a giant goblin-troll hybrid, and its endurance was high. They needed to use this special sword to kill that creature off. However, he had to decapitate the warlock goblin first before it tried any formidable spell.

"Hold on! I'll help you guys in a minute. I have to kill this warlock goblin first." Murong shouted with worry. He knew that these guys hadn't known how to fight with this creature. So, he wasn't sure how long they would last.

Now, Murong really put all of his efforts into putting an end to this warlock goblin's life. The sound of Murong's slash was continuously generated, and, finally, the usual look goblin was the first to go. The warlock goblin was in such despair. It was as if it was pushed into a world of unlimited blade storms that barraged it with one strike after another nonstop. During that long and grueling time, the warlock goblin could only painstakingly dodge.

The warlock's situation was in such a mess. The situation didn't go as it had planned. It thought the giant goblin would draw Murong's attention and buy it time to cast a much more destructive spell. However, Murong didn't fall for its trick. So, it was destined to die by Murong today.

After expending lots of effort, Murong finally cut the warlock goblin into halves. But before he managed to catch his breath and rested, he hurriedly sprinted toward the direction of that giant goblin-troll hybrid.

"Clang! Kwab! Bang!" the sound of sword slashing, giant goblin claw cutting, and bullet firing were exploding again and again in the area.

When Murong arrived at the scene, the three soldiers almost cried out of joy. They were at their limits. Even they had Dawei in the group, the four of them still didn't match that giant goblin. No matter how much they cut it with blades or how many bullets they shot, they were only as threatening as a flock of ants to the human. It could cause some pain but not able to land the fatal ones.

"Get back! It is a giant goblin. We need to use a special item to kill it." Murong shouted and immediately approached the giant goblin. Without ceremony, Murong aimed the blade to cut the giant goblin's throat. In contrast to the warlock goblin, this giant goblin-troll hybrid was dumb. It wasn't even tried to dodge Murong's sword. When Murong was slashing with his sword, it was still using its claw, trying to catch Murong.

Not surprisingly, Murong ended its life with swift action, leaving the giant goblin-troll hybrid corpse lied still on the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Thank you for following my novel! :)

Single Hamster

10