Chapter 31: Unexpected rewards
245 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, all the threats had been eliminated and, before Murong got a chance to look around the scene, the sound of the system rang up in everyone's mind.

"Ding! Congratulations! Mission accomplished. You have eliminated the Maldreg tribe within the time limit. You will be teleported back outside the dungeon in fifteen minutes. If you would like to get out of here sooner, you could go back to use the dungeon portal."

"Ding! You can choose one of the three rewards from clearing this dungeon."

"Ding! Please select one of the choices below.

1. Awakening spiritual sense

2. Soldier rank random item

3. Profession changing: Psychic, Formation master, Crafter (The font color is ranged from red to green. The green color means you are perfectly suitable for this profession. You could change your profession on the red color font, but it is not recommended.)

Murong told the three soldiers to choose option three and asked what color did they get to collect the information. It turned out that everyone got red color. What a shame! It would be nice if some of them had these professions so that they could change their professions here in the future. Now, they had to find another dungeon for these guys to change their professions.

Then, Murong glanced at Dawei to see how he was doing. He knew right away that Dawei had already selected the second option. He saw Dawei holding a shinny white grove in his hand with care, thinking something. Murong then chose the second option too. There was no point in waiting. The moment he chose the second option, the steel sword appeared in the air, slowly floating to him. He reached his right hand to catch it, and its properties appeared in his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Steel sword

Class: Soldier

Grade: D

Passive skill: Increase physical attack +4 level

No cooldown limits.

----------------------------------------------------------

'Oh, the reward this time isn't as good as I thought it would be,' Murong thought. 'It is even worse than the sword I got from that warrior goblin. No wonder Dawei didn't say anything."

However, the reality was far from Murong's thoughts. It was quite the opposite. The reason Dawei hadn't say anything yet because he was in shock at how good the item was.

After Murong kept the sword into his space ring, he then asked his brother, Dawei.

"So, what is it? You seemed quiet this time."

"Take a look by yourselves," Dawei said as he handed the glove to Murong to see.

As soon as Murong touched the glove, the details of the item were revealed to him.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Crystal fiber glove. The glove was made of crystal fiber from a very rare plant in the Langarian realm.

Class: Soldier

Grade: SSS

Passive skill:

1) Increase spiritual attack +9 level

2) Increase spiritual energy accumulation from the environment by 50%

Active skill:

1) Attractive force manipulation (Can make any objects which are located within 1-meter diameter spherical field around the user flying to the glove with no cooldown limits)

2) Gravity manipulation (Can make any objects subjected to one-tenth to ten times of normal gravity as long as the objects were within a 1-meter diameter spherical field around the user. Limit to 10 minutes every 24 hours.)

3) History revelation. (Revealed the history of the touched object for the past 24 hrs. Limit to once every 24 hours.)

Restriction: Psychic related profession

----------------------------------------------------------

'My god! SSS grade!' Murong was extremely excited. This kind of grade was super rare even in his past life, and most people who got them definitely didn't announce it for other people to know.

When he carefully looked more at the details of the items, he couldn't stop smiling. The skills were really cool and really matched with Dawei's style. With this skill, Dawei would no doubt be the number one psychic user at the beginning of the apocalypse in the future for sure. No one could compete with him. Even at the later stage of the apocalypse, this item was definitely still useful.

In addition, Murong thought that it was very effective and convenient to obtain secret information from the enemy using this "History revelation." The enemy might not suspect a thing because it was just a touch.

Murong signed with relief. No wonder his item was not good despite the fact that the dungeon was so tricky, and we were even the first group to clear it. It seemed the luck in getting his item had been transferred to Dawei. But, he was happy for him nonetheless.

'It would be better this way, I guess,' Murong thought. 'One good item is definitely better than two ordinary items.'

So, the next step was to wait for the system to teleport them out. However, Murong suddenly remembered that warlock goblin's corpse. He walked back to that corpse and tried to find the totem staff that the warlock goblin used. After looking around and flipping the remains of the half-corpse, he finally found what he was looking for.

----------------------------------------------------------

Item status

Name: Goblin's totem

Class: Soldier

Grade: C

Passive skill: Increase physical attack of the spell +5 level

No cooldown limits.

----------------------------------------------------------

'Well, it is not bad,' Murong thought. 'Even though it is worse than the golden phoenix wand that we have already gotten, it has no profession limit. Other people could use it, or we could sell it.'

As Murong was thinking about all the items that he had collected so far, Chen Wuya's trio approached him.

Chen Juren then spoke to Murong. "Er...Young master. We know that you don't want us to ask but... we kind of hope that you could clarify something more about those things we heard."

"If not, it was also ok for us.", Chen Juren also hurried added, knowing that this was a sensitive question.

Murong looked at the three. Evidently, Chen Liang and Chen Wuya also definitely would like to know from their poorly hidden eager look. However, because of their usual reserved personality, they still kept themselves quiet and let Chen Juren be the one who talked.

"Very well. You guys definitely earned it. And I trust you guys." Murong said. "It was a complicated story. For now, let's just say our family found this new phenomenon due to our secret research, and we tried to take advantage of it without revealing it to the outside world just yet. You would imagine how much profit we could get, right?"

The three nodded in unison. "Yes, young master."

"As you can see, we could develop ourselves. Got some special items if we clear this dungeon. However, it comes with a risk. You could see that it was dangerous as well." Murong added and continued. "However, no good profit without taking a risk."

What Murong said did make sense to them. Then, the trio didn't have any more questions. So, after Murong finished explaining to the three, the fifteen minutes were up. They then teleported back to the dungeon portal, ending the exciting and mysterious day for the trios.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

I decide to change from job to profession in the novel. I think it might be more suitable to use this word. Also, always. Feel free to comments, review, and vote for my novel to encourage me! Thank you for following my novel to this point! 🙂

Single Hamster

11