Chapter 34: Begin investigation
214 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Gondola period

Blue planet's calendar – 1st March 2024 (315 days before the apocalypse)

Xia kingdom – Xinjiang

Near Xinjiang's hyperloop train station

...

It had been two days since Chen Liang departed in advance to the Anhui region. Now, it was time for Murong, Chen Wuya, and Chen Juren to take the hyperloop train to go to Xinjiang city in the Anhui region.

'Umm. Finally, tomorrow, I will be able to meet him again.' Murong smiled as he sat on his passenger chair, resting. He recalled the wonderful memory when he was with Gu Bai. He thought of the time when they worked together, adventured together, had fun together, or even stayed in bed together. Thinking of that last moment, Murong couldn't help turned on a little bit.

In the past, when Murong first met Gu Bai, he didn't pay attention to Gu Bai's look before. Well, if you had to fight with monsters and zombies for your life, who would pay attention to one's look at that moment, right? Especially, Gu Bai and the gang were not in their prime time either.

It was when Murong had time to take a break and settle down with his family that he started to notice Gu Bai's attractive look. Before the apocalypse, several influential underworld women had actually been chasing Gu Bai. Whenever he went to the party for his underworld business, the daughters or the sisters of the upper management of the other gangs always approached him. He was the big juicy meat in those women's eyes.

It couldn't help since Gu Bai was not only handsome, he also had an athletic body with moderate muscle. He gained recognition for his bulked-up body when he took his shirt off, swimming. Some spies that were sent to steal secrets of Gu Bai's gang took pictures of him, and somehow his images circulated among the women in the underworld. It was a funny way to gain popularity among underworld women.

As a result, he had to spend time politely declining several invitations from those women. He could not exactly ignore them since he might start a war between the gangs for this stupid reason. If this really happened, it would definitely be a joke in the underworld...and a sad one for Gu Bai.

In fact, rejections to those women were not the only problem for Gu Bai that he had to encounter. Apart from having to deal with those annoying women, to Gu Bai's frustration, he found out that he got his nickname "Little handsome boss" from them due to his young age and fascinating appearance among other mafia bosses. As you could see, this nickname was not intimidating at all. Even Murong used to laugh and tease Gu Bai at this nickname when he was close to him.

However, the real problem was not just how scary the nickname was. This nickname also upset some petty bosses. Several bosses referred to Gu Bai with this nickname but in a sarcastic tone. Those women really brought nothing but problems to Gu Bai.

However, to be fair, those women were not wrong. Gu Bai indeed had a bright and playful smile that could melt your heart. However, you would have to be close to him to see that. Otherwise, he always showed his heavy expression of breath-holding and attentive look to his gang members. Well, even without those smiles, he was still cool like a bad boy type—no wonder those women were pursuing him.

'I should consider myself lucky.' Murong grinned, daydreaming.

'So, what should I do when I meet him?' Murong thought as he recalled those happy memories. However, his smile quickly turned into seriousness. 'More importantly, how could I help him in this life?'

In Murong's past life, Gu Bai was accused of kidnapping the daughter of the mayor of Fuyang city, where his gang mainly resided at the time. He told Murong that he was being held in custody on that charge until his loyal brothers rescued him. Clearly, Gu Bai was the victim of a plot in which he was framed for that kidnapping action. There was no doubt about Gu Bai's word. The remaining question that was left unanswered was "Who did it?"

There was definitely a mastermind behind it. Someone planned it beforehand and secretly carried it out. Grantly, they were smart. They successfully got Gu Bai in jail, and Gu Bai finally had to flee out of the city. They must be someone that viewed Gu Bai as an obstacle for their organization. Probably, the remaining four major gangs in the Anhui region. They were undoubtedly the people who got the motives for carrying out this plan. They would get the most advantages from Gu Bai's vanishing. But Murong was still missing too many clues and pieces to unearth this puzzle.

Actually, at some points in Murong's past life, he and Gu Bai were looking for a way to unmask the culprits after the apocalypse. It was not only for revenge, but it was also important to know who their enemies were at that time. However, everything turned out to be very complicated because the people in charge of creating all this injustice left no trace of their involvement. Moreover, the apocalypse made it very difficult to track anything.

So, it was almost impossible to find the culprits and solve everything then. Fortunately for Murong, he had a chance to return from his rebirth to prevent his Gu Bai from being unjustly blamed for the crime that others committed. In a way, this current mission was very important to him.

"Young master, we almost arrive at Xinjiang. Where would you like us to stay?" the sound of Chen Juren interrupted Murong's line of thought.

"Let's choose one of the hotels in the city area. It doesn't matter," Murong said.

"What about that one, young master?" Chen Juren asked as he pointed his finger to one big modernize building near the hyperloop train station. Murong looked where Juren pointed his finger to and saw the building name "Imperium Hotel."

"Look ok to me," Murong nodded.

Then, Murong's group went to that hotel and opened the rooms. After having a nice dinner with his men in the hotel's restaurant, Murong rested in his room alone, waiting for the next important meeting day to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Hope you guys enjoy it! As always, don't forget to vote and leave your comment! :) --- Thank you! 🙂

Single Hamster

11