Chapter 35: The seed of the hatred
181 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia kingdom

Somewhere between Xinjiang city and Fuyang city

...

Inside a black Bentley, there were three people in the black suits, sitting. One of them was the driver that sat in the front, driving. The other two were the people that sat in the back, discussing with each other with serious faces.

"Weijun, you know how much I appreciate you, don't you? You're my right-hand man. One of the few people I have complete confidence in. But you know very well that we don't accept a kid in our organization." Gu Bai said to another guy that was sitting next to him.

Another guy seemed to want to say something, but Gu Bai continued to speak about the reasons to finish his point. "Our organization is a dangerous environment for your son. He can't join. At least, not yet."

"I know, brother Gu. I have just wanted to tell you because he said he was dying to join the gang." Ge Weijun said.

"And he would be 'dying' you know?" Gu Bai stressed. "You know as well as I do that most kids don't have enough life experience to make a proper judgment. They tend to think with their muscles instead of their heads. We need people who could control their emotions and use reasons. Our gang is in the critical phase, right now."

"I know." Ge Weijun faintly replied. He tried to concentrate on his feet, avoiding Gu Bai's gaze.

"And you still insist?" Gu Bai asked with an unbelievable face.

Then, there was no response from Ge Weijun. He answered his boss with silence.

Gu Bai sighed. "Ok. Even though I won't let him join our gang yet, but I will let him learn about our business. Let him see how tough life on the street is, and you have to make sure he knows that it will be even tougher when we have to do business on it. Hopefully, when little Liang experiences this with his eyes, he will realize that he is not mature enough yet, and he will look forward to it when he is older."

It was a good compromise. Ge Weijun nodded and said. "Thank you, brother Gu. I understand your uneasiness. I really appreciate it." However, Ge Weijun still worried a bit about his son's disappointment.

"No problem." Gu Bai replied, noticing a little bit of the remaining of Ge Weijun's concern.

As Gu Bai uttered these words, he also gave one friendly pat with his hand on Ge Weijun's shoulder, followed by encouraging conversation.

"Come on, we have a business in Xinjiang. Ge Liang is a smart kind. He will understand our intentions. Let's focus on our business for now."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xia kingdom

Anhui region, Fuyang city

...

Contrary to Gu Bai's belief, when 17-year-old Ge Liang received the text from his father about Gu Bai's response, he was furious. His father was the second in command of the gang, and he could not even get him inside his gang.

'What a useless old man,' Ge Liang thought. 'It must be that young boss, Gu Bai. He is afraid I will learn quickly and prove that I am better than him.'

Ge Liang was considered the same generation as Gu Bai. He was only seven years younger than Gu Bai. In Ge Liang's opinion, Gu Bai was the boss because he had just luckily inherited the position from the death of the previous boss, Gu Bai's father. Gu Bai had studied in Laputa kingdom for all these years, and he had just come back two years ago with some friends. In terms of Fuyang city, he definitely knew more than him!

So, Ge Liang envied and hated Gu Bai for not allowing him to join the gang.

However, he could do nothing. Gu Bai and his father were also not in Fuyang city. If he would like to appeal, he had to wait for them to come back from Xinjiang city first. Thinking of that, he kicked the chair in the house and continued to watch TV to light up his mood. He had a date tonight, and he wouldn't let Gu Bai's stupid decision ruin the mood with his girl tonight.

So, that night, young Ge Liang sneaked out of the house, bypassing his father's orders for him to stay home, taking care of his mother.

...

Somewhere in Fuyang, that same night.

"Chief, I'm calling to inform you that our target was out for his date again today with that little girl." A tall young man with sunglasses spoke through his mobile phone.

"All right, stick to the plan. Remember, no one can see all of you. Capture him when you have the chance." The mysterious boss on another side said.

"I could get the girl this time too, boss. It should be easy. They are practically fish in the net." The young man tried to persuade the boss on another side of the line.

"No, I told you to stick to the plan. With the boy working for us, it will be much safer to catch the girl and fabricate the evidence. We can't make any mistakes." The boss stressed his desire.

"All right, boss." The young man confirmed. After that, the young man turned his face to his colleagues and told them what the boss wanted. These guys had a direct order from their boss, and they had no intention of failing tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Hope you guys enjoy it! As always, feel free to vote and leave your comment/review! I really appreciate them! 🙂

Single Hamster

11