Chapter 37: First meeting
171 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia kingdom

Anhui region, Xinjiang city

...

"Young master, I got the information you asked for," Chen Juren informed Murong.

"So, tell me then."

"As you know, Gu Bai is coming here to Xinjiang to meet us. But, as you said, he also intended to meet with another group of 3 men, whom he planned to recruit for his gang. However, from what I can gather, these guys don't have the best intentions."

"Do we know them?" Murong quickly asked.

"They were just low-life criminals in Xinjiang city. Gu Bai wants to expand his gang's area of influence."

"I see. Then, you can inform the mayor of Xinjiang city to throw them in jail."

"I will do that ASAP, young master."

"Thank you." Murong acknowledged Chen Juren's good job. "Now, let's go out to our meeting place with Gu Bai in two hours then."

"Yes, young master."

...

Later that day, in one of the fanciest restaurants in Xinjiang, Murong, Chen Juren, and Chen Wuya were waiting for Gu Bai's party in the VIP room. At around noon, the door of the VIP room was opened. Murong immediately looked at the door as his heart rate was strikingly increasing.

"Sorry, our esteem guests. Would you like to order some more food?" the sound from the person who came in made Murong disappointed.

'Damn. It was just a server,' Murong thought.

However, before Murong started to move his eyes back to the menu on the table, two other people attempted to enter the room.

"Excuse me, miss? We are here for this room." The two men spoke to the server girl in front of them.

"Sorry, sir." The server girl moved away in order for those two guys to come in.

Those two guys were, as you guessed, Gu Bai and Ge Weijun. As Gu Bai entered the room, Murong was able to take a good look at his past life partner for the first time in this life. He couldn't help but felt what he had once felt before.

'And there he was, in front of me... it was Gu Bai, the man I love, and the man I came to save. I knew I should hide it, but I had a hard time containing the urge to run out and hug him.'

As for Gu Bai, when he saw Murong, he also felt attracted to Murong, like in Murong's previous life. This was probably a curious case of love at first sight, which took place twice at different times. But, of course, no way Gu Bai would know that this was actually not his first time that he was in love with Murong.

Anyway, Gu Bai didn't act anything unusual as he saw Murong. He was the mob boss and, in this business, the homosexual boss would lessen his fame. So, he didn't advertise his sexual orientation to his gang yet, at least not until he had a firm power in the region. However, he couldn't help thinking about Murong on his mind.

'What a cute young man... I can't help but be attracted to him, even though I'm only here on business,' thought Gu Bai. Then, as professional as he was, Gu Bai quickly introduced his party.

"Good afternoon, this is Ge Weijun, a member of my organization, and I'm Gu Bai, although you should all know that by now, right?" Gu Bai presented himself and Ge Weijun.

"Of course, we do." Chen Juren said with a smile. "My name is Chen Juren. This is my young master, Chen Murong. And this is my colleague, Chen Wuya. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Gu Bai said and shook hands with Chen Juren and Chen Wuya. Then, he turned his direction to Murong and said.

"It is an honor to finally meet you, young master Murong."

Then, Gu Bai had a firm and long shook hand with Murong, which Murong would also like to reciprocate.

"Me too. Brother Gu Bai. Can I call you brother Gu Bai? I hope we could get along."

"Definitely." Gu Bai smiled. "We are sorry that we are a little bit late."

"That's alright. It is, in fact, not late at all." Murong said. "We also have just arrived and didn't have time to order anything yet."

Then, they all sat down at the dining table and ordered the food. As they were ordering the food, Murong glanced at Ge Weijun. He thought there should be a traitor among Gu Bai's rank, and this man was his main suspect. If Gu Bai went down, he would become the leader of the gang. He also mysteriously disappeared after Gu Bai broke out of jail. However, he had no proof. Fortunately, this was being investigated by Chen Liang at the moment.

So, after finishing lunch together, and chatted about the purposed of this meeting a little bit. Murong then ordered the server to clean the table, leave the room, and lock the door on the way out. He began to discuss the main business with Gu Bai.

"Ok. Let's get down to our business, shall we?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Hope you guys enjoy it! As always, feel free to vote and leave your comment/review! I really appreciate them! 🙂

Single Hamster

8