Chapter 38: Uncover the plot
177 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia kingdom

Anhui region, Fuyang city

The night before Murong met Gu Bai

...

After Chen Liang arrived in Fuyang city a few days ago, he made great strides in his mission. It wasn't that hard to find Ge Weijun's house and the information about several gangs around here. However, he had not yet completed his mission. He did not see anything unusual. Ge Weijun was not even in the house at this time since he also came with Gu Bai to see young master Murong in Xinjiang city. So far, Chen Liang only observed Ge Weijun's house to find an opportunity to sneak in and investigated.

It was the night before the appointment between Gu Bai and Murong that Chen Liang saw an unfamiliar black car parked two blocks away from the Ge Weijun's house. Chen Liang took cover and saw a young man got out of the car. To his surprise, it was young Ge Liang. The boy must leave from the window earlier. That was why he could not see the boy leaving before.

What even surprised him more was that the boy seemed to have a lot of bruises around the face. However, instead of having negative emotions from the injuries, the boy seemed to be in a happy mood, as it was reflected on the boy's smiley face. It was really a strange situation.

Chen Liang attempted to approach the boy, but he chose to stop. He found that two other men were escorting the boy until the boy entered his house. Chen Liang then decided to leave and report the situation to Murong. After Murong was informed about what was going on, he instructed Chen Liang to keep spying on the boy and try to find out about the boy's next move without revealing himself. Chen Liang then followed Murong's order.

The next morning, Chen Liang followed Ge Liang and saw the boy talking to one of the guards in front of the mayor's house. The boy handed in a letter to one of the guards and left. After that, there was nothing strange happening.

Until the night after, Chen Liang found that the boy sneaked out of the house again. He seemed to be waiting for someone in the park near the city mayor's house. Unexpectedly, a young girl joined him in the park. They talked with each other for a while. However, since Chen Liang was quite far, he could not hear the conversation.

The girl seemed to question the boy because of his injuries and touched the boy's face with concern. However, during their peaceful interactions, suddenly, three mysterious men came in and captured the girl.

The girl tried to shout, but her mouse was covered by a mysterious guy's hand. The boy, contrary to Chen Liang's expectation, seemed to be calm.

The situation was tense and confusing. Chen Liang didn't quite understand what the hell was going on. So many things were happening so fast.

It all got worse when, in the distance, he saw the same black car that had dropped Ge Liang off at his home two nights before approaching. The mysterious guys took the girl and the boy in that black car. Chen Liang wanted to act to help the girl, but he couldn't. He was afraid that he could compromise the mission. He immediately contacted Murong and filled him in on the situation.

Ge Weijun's son and criminal thugs, which were unknown to him, kidnapped the girl.

It was a short and precise report. To Chen Liang's surprise, his young master didn't ask for the details. Young master Murong only instructed him to check whether that young girl was the mayor's daughter. He also told him to continue the investigation and kept taking videos. Chen Liang confirmed Murong later that the girl was indeed the mayor's daughter.

On Murong's side, after Chen Liang informed him about what happened, Murong was actually not entirely calm as the situation was still delicate. However, everything was clear before his eyes. The leader of this unknown kidnapping group, through Ge Liang, had managed to kidnap the Mayor's daughter. And now, they would plan to frame Gu Bai, most likely by tricking the girl, and Ge Liang himself to testify against Gu Bai. Moreover, this mysterious group probably left the girl and the boy in one of Gu Bai's properties, which the young boy would surely know how to get to. They might also plant fake evidence on the girl's house to frame Gu Bai. It was indeed a perfect plan. It has both alibi and hard evidence. Even the best lawyer in town would find it impossible to help Gu Bai from this trap. However, this time, it definitely would not work since he was around.

Despite the fact that Murong had guessed what really was going on, he still had not told Gu Bai yet.

'This is not the right time.' Murong thought.

Two days ago, when Murong met with Gu Bai. The business talk was going well. Gu Bai agreed to collect a large number of weapons for Murong. He was also satisfied with the sword that Murong gave him as a gift. Their relationship could be described as a respectable beginning friendship between two parties. However, they surely had not reached the level of completely trusting each other yet. If Murong told Gu Bai about the events that had not happened yet, it might have a reverse effect. So, Murong decided to let the enemy's plan proceed as it was in the past. Then, he prepared to meet Gu Bai tomorrow to discuss the details of the deal and go to Gu Bai's warehouse together as they previously arranged. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Another chapter is done! Hope you guys enjoy it! As always, feel free to vote and leave your comment/review! I really appreciate them! 🙂

Single Hamster

9