Chapter 39: Who kidnap my daughter!
464 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia kingdom

Anhui region, Xinjiang city

The morning after Anna Wang was kidnapped

...

Gu Bai came to meet Murong the next day as they planned. As Murong group was checking out of the hotel, they found that Gu Bai's party had already waited for them in the hotel's lobby.

"Good morning, young master Murong."

"Good morning, brother Gu." Murong smiled. "How are your other businesses? Are they finished as planned?"

"Not exactly. But, everything is ok." Gu Bai replied with a little bit of an annoying face. He found out that the people he came to recruit were in jail at the moment. What an unlucky trip. Good thing that at least his business deal with Murong seemed to be successful.

"Good to hear that. So, when could we leave for your base?" Murong smiled.

"Anytime now. I have rented a limousine for us to use." Gu Bai responded and signaled the driver to help Murong with the luggage. "I will follow you to the car."

"Ah. Ok." Murong replied and followed the driver to the car with Gu Bai accompanying him.

...

Meanwhile, at Mayor's manor in Fuyang city, all servants and guards were busy trying to find their mistress. It seemed that no one had seen her since this morning. Somehow, their mistress had mysteriously disappeared.

"What do you mean you could not find my daughter?" The mayor angrily shouted while he was throwing a pen at his chief of guards. "Where could she be? When was the last time anyone saw her?"

"Her closest retainer said that she saw young mistress went to bed last night," one of the butlers reported with a quiet noise.

"Then, how could she disappear?" the mayor continued to shout furiously. His beloved daughter disappeared without anyone knowing where she was. How could he not be angry?

"Master! Chief! We found a letter in young mistress's bedroom," one of the servants ran back to report, desperately gasping enough air for his lung. The mayor turned his face to that servant and snatched the letter from the hand of that servant. He hurriedly read the letter.

'Anna. I now had something you always want. Meet me at the same place at the same time tomorrow.

G. of the Black Dragon gang.'

"Who is G?" the mayor asked.

"We don't know, sir." The servant who delivered the letter replied. "One of the guards said that this was probably the letter that was sent to young mistress two days ago. It was delivered by a teenage boy. But, they didn't pay attention to him."

"What? Do we know his name?"

"No, sir..."

"Go investigate!"

"Yes, sir!"

"It is probably Gu Bai. He is the boss of the Black Dragon gang right now." One of the mayor's advisors said.

"Ummm. It does make sense. Even if it is not him, the culprit is still in his gang. He must take responsibility." The mayor agreed with one of his advisors. "Contact them. If they don't hand her back, bring the polices and our soldiers to capture all of them! I don't care how you do it! You must find my daughter!" the mayor commanded his captain.

...

Meanwhile, outside of Xinjiang city in the Anhui region, Murong's party and Gu Bai's party were traveling to Gu Bai's base city (Fuyang city) to see Gu Bai's warehouse.

"I can't wait for us to reach our base and show you our capacity. I have many plans for our partnership," happily said Gu Bai, not knowing what he would hear minutes later over the phone.

"I have no doubt about that, brother Gu," Murong answered with a smile. He didn't think he would see Gu Bai in this salesman aspect.

Suddenly, there was a call to Gu Bai's phone, and Gu Bai accidentally put it on speaker.

"Boss, where are you now? Our base has been surrounded by the mayor's policemen and soldiers. They asked us to give them back the mayor's daughter."

"What mayor's daughter?" Gu Bai asked back in confusion.

"We don't know, boss. They kept saying that their mistress was invited by one of our guys and have never been back."

"What bullshit is that? Have you gone investigate and ask our members?" Gu Bai furiously said.

"I have already done that, but no one said the word about it. What should I tell them?" the same gang member asked Gu Bai.

"Tell them..."

"Bang! Bang! ..." Gu Bai didn't have enough time to finish the sentence. The gun sound clearly came through the phone, and the line was cut.

"..."

Silence reigned in the car for a while, and then Gu Bai quickly pulled out his gun and pointed it at Murong's head, while Ge Weijun also pointed it at Chen Wuya.

"All right, what the hell is going on?" asked Gu Bai, taking the safety off his gun.

Murong quickly understood. It was normal for Gu Bai to be suspicious of him. Gu Bai left his base in Fuyang to Xinjiang in order to meet him and recruited some people for his gang. Right now, not only those people who were supposed to join his gang had been captured but his base was also surrounded by Mayor's force. More importantly, this batter incident happened when he was not at the base. It seemed to be too much of a coincidence that everything happened when this supposed "new partner" contacted him.

Murong was surprised. However, Murong had a lot of fighting experience in his past life. It had already been a natural reflection for him to draw a gun once he saw Gu Bai drew his gun. It was even before his brain began to think of the reason why Gu Bai did that. Chen Wuya also pointed the gun back at Ge Weijun while Chen Juren pointed the gun at the driver in the front seat of the limousin.

"If we knew anything about this, why would we bother to stay with your guys here?" Murong asked, pretending not to know about the situation. Murong was smart, and he knew it was not the time to reveal the whole truth to Gu Bai. So, he only convinced Gu Bai that it was not them who caused all these events.

After hearing Murong's direct question, Gu Bai seemed to calm down a little, but he still pointed the gun at Murong.

"Chen Wuya, throw your gun down," said Murong, as he was throwing his gun on the floor of the limousin.

"Young master?" seeing Murong throwing his gun away, Chen Wuya also obeyed and threw his gun away even though he didn't agree with his young master.

"I admitted that I sent some of my subordinates to investigate yours, but it would be weird if I didn't investigate the next partner," Murong added.

Seeing Murong's logic, Gu Bai admitted it had a very low probability to be the responsibility of Murong's party.

"Lower the gun." Gu Bai said, lowering his gun.

"Boss?" Ge Weijun asked.

"Young master Murong's speech made so much sense. If it was them, they wouldn't come with us." Gu Bai plainly explained.

"Boss, you should hear this out." The driver turned up the radio sound for other people in the limousine to hear.

*The city of Fuyang woke up today with alarming news. The daughter of our city's mayor, Anna Wang, has been kidnapped. Upon investigation, the alibi and evidence were pointed to the Black Dragon gang. However, the gang didn't admit it. So, the mayor ordered Fuyang's police force to put the member of this gang into custody just this morning. Right now, the authority thought the culprit of the kidnapping is a subject named Gu Bai, whose current location is unknown. All authorities are on the lookout for him. Let us hope that this criminal will soon be captured.*

"Damn it, damn it! It can't be!" said Gu Bai, looking at the floor of the car, staring blankly, thinking.

"Damn it, Gu Bai, we must move, now!" cried Ge Weijun.

Gu Bai did not answer right away. He had a long breath. "Calm down, Ge Weijun, we must think calmly, or we'll end up dead. We have no idea what happened yet."

Gu Bai's word had restored Ge Weijun's composure. However, even Gu Bai acted more composed than Ge Weijun. You could still see that he was nervous.

"Brother Gu, maybe my subordinate knew something. He would not be captured because he was not your man. Let me contact him and let you know?" Murong proposed something since Gu Bai had not spoken anything for a while.

Gu Bai looked at Murong attentively and nodded. "Thank you, young master Murong. I will definitely return your kindness after this situation."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Update 02/21/22:

I still could not update this fiction due to personal reasons. I do not expect to come back, at least not before June. I hope you guys understand. Thank you to everyone that is still waiting.

 

Update 11/20/21:

It is a pain for me to say that I could not update this fiction within this year due to unexpected circumstances in my real life. I do not give up on it, but my health prevents me from continuing, and I need a recovery period. I hope you guys understand. Thank you to everyone that is still waiting.

 

Previous note:

Another chapter is done! I hope you guys enjoy it! As always, feel free to vote and leave your comment/review. I really appreciate them!

Apart from the usual update, I also have an important announcement today. I am sorry to tell you guys that I have to take a break from writing this novel for about three months because I will have to focus on my full-time job. My job is in the critical stage in the performance review, and my family's living expense depends on it. Especially, we are still in this Covid crisis situation. So, I hope you guys understand. :)

In any case, even though I will take a break in writing, I will still look at any notifications in my account in this period. So, if you have any questions about the novel, feel free to leave a comment, and I will answer it.

I hope you will still stay around and look forward to my update in the next three months. 🙂

Single Hamster

11