Chapter 2
638 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The long white and silver scale of the snake was beautiful and majestic while its yellow lavender eyes were sharp and arrogant. 

"So.. Who are you again? "

It's been an hour since she accidently unsealed this snake from it's curses, It insisted on her serving it food and kept on talking about stuff that she couldn't bother to remember. 

"I'm the white powerful snake called 'Shakaria', I'm pretty sure you've heard me from the legends" The snake on the floor that's happily eating some meat said so while Avery only replied with a confused stare. 

"wait.. don't tell me you don't know who I am?"

Shaking her head and indicating a 'no' answer, The snake who was too busy eating food swallowed it quickly before looking at her like she was some sort of strange creature. 

Well,  she had lived in the human world for centuries now and a lot of legends are created everyday.  She couldn't bother remembering all those useless stuff.

"you serious?"

It looked at her like she was some sort of alien while Avery only tilted her head to the side,  confused as to why the snake is making it a big deal. 

"Have you heard of the Big giant snake called 'shakaria' who killed hundreds of magicians?"
It asked her while eating the food that she provided it to eat, It was a bunch of magical creatures that she killed around the forest.

"Nope, Not a clue"
Answering plainly, she flicked her finger and killed more animals for the snake after noticing the stacks of meat getting less. 

The white snake shrug and continued on eating like a beast who haven't eaten for centuries while talking to the sorceress.

"Oh well,  I guess the humans have forgotten about me but that doesn't matter much anyways. I can always just remind them who I am anytime"

The snake said, its golden eyes flickering with bloodlust while opening it's mouth wide to eat the meat. Avery glanced over at the powerful snake with a sweat drop,  already knowing what his planning to do.

"I'm afraid I have to stop you there"

The snake stopped eating, glaring its beautiful lavender eyes to her while Avery didn't budge at the pressure.  Looking straight into the white snakes eyes,  she answered straightforwardly. 

"I didn't overwork myself for you to destroy all of my work"

She worked for these humans for centuries  and invented and contributed a lot of stuff, wasting her hard-work is such a waste. 

Does she care for the useless humans?

No,  why would she? 

She only cares about the hard-work that she created,  if an powerful ancient snake like this destroys her hard-work then it would be such a waste.

The humans could die and get eliminated from the food chain for all she cares but wasting all the precious artifacts and inventions that she made is such a waste.

The snake stared at her, Silence following them before the snake suddenly laughed. The laughter was loud, its amber eyes glowing in amusement while staring straight at her. 

"What a foolish reason, Fine. I'll not exterminate humanity to 'not waste all you're hard work'. In exchange, Let's have a contract."

"what?... "

Confused at the sudden proposal, Avery looked at the white snake in perplexity and uncertainty. Obviously unsure why the snake is suddenly making such proposition. 

"Don't you know how to use the 'Soul contract'?  You should probably know since you're a thousand year old"

Why must you attack my age? ..

She does know how soul contracts work but isn't it too sudden?  Also,  Soul contract means that if someone in the contract betrays or get killed, they would both face death. 

"I'm sorry but I can't really risk my life for a random snake that I just met"

The snake made a 'hm' sound and looked at her, staring and observing her while she only looked at the sky with no care at the snake observing and analyzing her. 

"fine,  You amuse me so I'm only following you since you're interesting okay?  Don't get the wrong idea,  I can easily annaliate humanity"

"uhuh"

Agreeing the snake without a care while glancing over at the pool of blood on the ground,  it seems like the snake is finally done eating.

To tell you the truth,  Avery knew the truth as to why he was interested in having a soul binding contract.

Smiling to herself while stroking the white snakes scale while it looked at her in confusion. Avery only smiled, Not saying a word while summoning more food for it to play with. 

He's too weak right now. 

After noticing how powerful she is,  He decided to want to bind her to him since his currently too weak to even exterminate humanity so he wanted her to protect him with no choice. 

What a sly and cunning snake..  

22