Chapter Two
152 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking for a while he came upon an inn and went in, renting a room for the night, he asked them to bring some water and went to the room, his eyes wandered around the room as he entered it and then locked the door. Ming-Yue gurgled as he set her on the bed and then unhooked the strap the twins were in and set them next to her, a knock sounded at the door and he quickly went over and took the water before closing the door.

He took out a cloth and wiped the three of them down with the warm water before dressing them and then went over and used the rest of the water to wash his skin, by the time he was finished the sky was getting dark. Ju long got dressed and then picked up the twins and strapped them to him, when he was finished he picked up Ming-Yue and took his bag going out of the room, he went to the dining area for the inn and order some milk for the children along with some pureed fruit for Ming-Yue and then order something for himself to eat.

He took his time feeding the children first and then ate his own meal, he dropped the money on the table and then took them to return to their room, he took off his outer clothes after locking the door and hung it up before going to sleep with the twins. But his sleep wasn’t peaceful because of the dream he had, it was about the life of the him from ancient times, he was also called Hung Ju-Long and had suffered many grievances after the death of his parents, but since he was born in nobility they still raised him to a certain amount.

But like himself, this version was also married off to a noble family that only had the grandfather and the granddaughter, and much like himself he worked as hard as he could only to lose them four years later. But his old family came back and wanted him to remarry even though he already had the twins and the woman they told him about had a terrible reputation but the only reason they brought it up was that she had powerful backing, and so he packed up his things and left.

From what he could see that Hung Ju-Long did not die but his soul took over his body and his children were all the same, god knows where they went to but now he had to live in ancient times, a deep sigh left his lips as he sat in bed and rubbed his face. Unlike him, the original had been traveling on the road for more than three months and so he was very far away from the reach of his family, from the looks of it the originals plan was to find a quiet village to live in and raise his children and Hung Ju-Long agreed with that since he would be able to survive better in that type of environment.

As the sun rose Ju-Long decided to find out about the nearby villages and then he would decide which one to settle in, but he might have to stay in the inn while he waited for the house to be built, but there was nothing to be worried about since he had more money than he could spend in his life. He got up and washed his face, brushed his teeth with the willow branch, got dressed, and then prepared his children and set off to go get breakfast, he sat down and ordered what he wanted and then fed the kids, burped them, and then ate himself.

The waiter came over with the bill and he looked at him “do you know about the villages around here?”

The waiter looked at him and nodded “yes, what do you need to know?”

Ju-Long smiled at him “well I want to know which village is good to settle down in, I want somewhere peaceful to stay with my children.”

The waiter nodded and then thought about it before smiling “out of all the villages White Snow Village is the best to settle down into, they are well known for their kind people and the village has many people with different sir names so they aren’t averse to outsiders and it wouldn’t take you long to blend in, also right now there is a lot of land for sale and it isn’t harvesting season as yet so they would be a lot of idle people around if you wanted to build a house there.”

Ju-Long nodded and thanked the waiter handing him five coins that made the waiter’s eyes widen as he tried to refuse but since Ju-Long insisted he thanked him and took it returning to his duties. Ju-Long stood up and took his children, he asked around and found where the carts going to White Snow village were and then went over.

An old man that was sitting in his cart looked up at him and gave a gentle smile “which village are you headed to, sir?”

“White Snow Village,” Ju-Long answered with a smile.

The man nodded “I haven’t seen you there before, are you going to visit your family?”

Ju-Long wasn’t bothered by the man’s questions and shook his head “No uncle, I wish to settle there so I need to go and speak to the village head.”

The old man looked surprised for a second before nodding as he let out a chuckle “Well isn’t this funny, my name is Yan Kang-Jun and I’m the head of White Snow village, you can call me eldest uncle Yan.”

Ju-Long’s eyes widened but he nodded and gave a bow “Hello eldest uncle Yan, my name is Hung Ju-Long, you can call me Ju-Long if you wish.”

Eldest uncle Yan nodded “Well Ju-Long we can talk about you settling in the village when I go back, it won’t take long before the rest are here so you can sit in the cart in the meantime.” Ju-long thanked him and then went to sit in the car, he checked on the children and they still seemed fine as they slept deeply so he turned and started talking with the eldest uncle Yan about the village.

4