Chapter Ten
93 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ju-Long thanked the village head's wife, Sun Ai-Huan, for agreeing to keep the children while he went in town, the woman insisted that she was just happy to keep them since all of her grandchildren were older and in their mischievous age. So Hung Ju-Long thanked her, placed kisses on each of his children's heads, and then went out the door, the village head sat on his cart and nodded to him, Ju-Long climbed up and sat down.

When they reached the head of the village others got on the cart and then they were on their way, a while later they reached the town and Ju-Long got off. He went to the carpenter's place first, when he entered he saw the head carpenter and a few of his apprentices putting away their tools.

Ju-Long went over and then the old man smiled at him "well if it isn't Xiao Long, you're here early."

"Yes, I came to check and see if everything was ready."

The old man nodded "yes it's done, we're just waiting on the carts to come before we can pack everything up and take it to your house."

Ju-Long was pleased with the words of the old man and smiled "Okay, but can I take a look at them?"

The old man nodded and took Ju-Long to the back of the workshop, the things he ordered were sitting under a shed in the yard, wrapped in a cloth to keep them safe. The old man lifted the cloth and Ju-Long looked at the things and then nodded in approval. "Yes, they looked good, thank you so much, senior."

"It's good to know you like it, the carts should be here soon and then we'll take them over."

"Okay, but I'll have to meet you there since there are a few errands for me to run."

The old man nodded and they exchanged greetings once more before Ju-Long left and went in the direction of the market. As he did he took out the list he had made and then went to the market and began to buy the things he could find. The things he was buying had nothing to do with the house warming that would be held next week since he needed to buy the food fresh then, these were just regular necessities.

As he took everything he considered buying an ox and a cart and maybe even a horse but for now since there would be no use he would wait until he was ready to start farming and get it. Well at least that was the plan when he went to the market he found someone was selling a young bull, it didn't look as if it had touched adulthood as yet but it was strong and sturdy. As Ju-Long looked at it he thought that he might not have such a chance in the future so he purchased it.

The seller was civil enough to cell a cart with it, so Ju-Long paid the owner to look after it for some time while he bought the things he needed. He even bought a few pairs of different livestock and a pregnant eww, he wanted to use it to get fresh milk for the babies instead of having to go out and buy it. When he was done making his purchase he loaded everything onto the cart and then lead it out of the market.

The young ox didn't seem adverse to him and walked just as he was commanded, as Ju-Long walked he considered that he would be very busy going forward. Since he would have to look after the children, take care of the livestock, mine the house, and even look after the farm then he would need some help. He decided that when he got back he would speak to the village head about it and then make his decision.

When he reached the head of the entrance for the town the village head and the others were still there, they all looked at Ju-Long and his ox cart with curiosity but said nothing and waited for him to move close to them before they left for the village. When they reached back, Ju-Long took the cart straight to his new house, he parked it under the shed at the back and unhooked the young ox from the cart.

He put the ox in its pen and took some of the feed he had bought for him and put it in the parted thrall, and filled the other half with water. He petted the ox and then moved the other animals off the cart, the first one he handled was the eww, by putting it in a pen with its own thrall filled with food and water.

He took the two chickens and put them in the coop and handled the other animals one by one, it wasn't long before he was finished and went to the front of the yard to find the carpenter and his apprentices were there. They were bringing the things into the house, Ju-Long went in and started telling them where to put everything. When he was finished he took out his pouch and paid them and then saw them out.

He went to the back and started moving some of the things into the house through the back door, when he was done he carried everything else back to the rented house and put them away. He went out inside and took a fresh set of clothes and went to take a bath, he had already taken one in the morning but after walking around in the sun all morning he didn't smell so good and did;t want to hold his children while he was in such a condition.

Instead of hotting up the water he just used the water straight from the well since he wanted to cool down the heat from his skin, when he was done he dried off and got dressed. Looking at the time it would soon be lunch so before he went over he decided to make lunch so he would just bring the children back to eat. He rolled up his sleeved took out the ingredients and then started to cook.

4