Chapter Eleven
88 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he looked at the heat rising from the rice pot, he made the decision to create a few account books, the silver on him was a lot but, it became necessary to monitor it well. When the food was done he let the fire cool down and sat down to eat his steaming food, even though it was hot because he had just taken a cold bath if balanced out his body heat.

When he was finished he covered the pots and left his house, he made quick work in reaching the village head’s house, when he did he was greeted by the happy laughter of his children. He knocked and went in to see the village head’s wife and sisters-in-law sitting in a circle as they played with the children.

He couldn’t hide his smile as he watched them, the village head noticed him and welcomed him in, they left the group of people to play and went to the other room to talk. Ju-Long found no issues with the questions the old man asked him and answered honestly it was after they had finished that he brought up the idea of getting help.

The village head nodded right away “I’ve seen your situation over the time you’ve been here, you don’t have a large family like the people in this village yet you have so many children. So even though I don’t normally say this, it’s necessary for you to buy some help, you could always hire someone, but then you’d end up with more mouths to feed than those who can do work.

But all in the same you need to be careful of where you buy from and who you buy, this thing is a double-edged sword. Pick a date and I shall have my oldest take you to someone, even though I haven’t purchased that type of thing from him, he is one of few trustworthy businessmen.” Ju-Long nodded and thanked the village head, he only stayed for a bit more before taking his children and returning home.

Ju-Long came in and settled his children’s baths before he gave them a light snack and let them rest in the bed. He took out the things and made another book, when it was ready he began taking notes of everything that went on today. He also calculated some money and put it aside so he could by the help, he was considering just buying two people to help in the yard.

Since other than his wife and his grandchildren he had always been the one to take care of his children so having others do it felt weird to him, even when he left it with Mrs. Sun he still felt off. If they were going to work in the yard he needed someone strong and healthy, but would also listen to him and even be able to help out with the farming when the time came.

After planning everything night was approaching, he woke the children up and fed them before he went through and locked up the house. He settled in the bed with his children, using the light of the lamp as he watched them fall asleep before he did the same. The next morning he woke up before the sun and lit the lamp, he cleaned his children’s napkins and then left them to rest.

He changed into his training robes and started his training, time passes and by the time he was finished, he was once again soaked in his sweat. He checked and found that the children were fine so he quickly took a bath and washed his hair. As his hair air-dried he began to prepare breakfast for his small family, it was then he patted his head and let out a sigh.

He had gone through all that trouble to buy an eww to get his children milk but still, he had made the mistake of leaving it in the other yard. There was no way for him to rush there for milk and then rush back, anything could happen to the children while he wasn’t here. He sighed and decided to just continue purchasing milk, he would use this week to fatten up the eww just a little so there would be better quality milk for his children.

He nodded after coming to the decision and refocused on getting breakfast ready, as he was finished his own milk was brought over. Ju-Long paid for it and then came in to make the little ones’ breakfast before he woke them up one by one to be fed. Ming-Yue seemed to have a bigger appetite and Ju-Long couldn’t hide his smile as he watched her clear her bowl.

He happily burped her and then went to feed the twins, they too seemed all too happy to eat a little more and this made Ju-Long happy. Getting away from that place was probably one of his better ideas and it seemed the new, stress-free environment, helped them greatly. He couldn’t wait for the day his children really looked like dumplings, he would play with them as much as he wanted.

When the family had finished their breakfast he tidied up and gave each of them a bath in some cool water, after which they were dressed and strapped to him. He locked in the door and went to the house, he didn’t go inside but went to the back and started looking after the animals he had bought. The children were wrapped securely and covered well so he wasn’t’ afraid of them falling or getting dirty as he worked.

The view of a refined man dressed in quality robes, bending over to do work as he carried his children was a strange but ethereal sight. Cai Shan who had gone to gather firewood earlier than usual had gone to the house but couldn’t find Ju-Long so he thought that he would be here. The little boy wasn’t expecting to see such a thing as he looked through the opening of the back door, an almost unnoticeable blush came to his face and he smiled.

5