Chapter 4: Fall, Meeting, Public announcement
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
For the people wondering why it took so long to update it, is because I have lost the momentum to write but also I needed to plan out the future chapters so sorry for taking so long.

Demon Capital of Macedonia

Thousands of Buryat Nomad Calvary, along with samurai from The Sunrise Land Dominion of  Yamugo, Knights from the Grand Duchy of Moskowva, a much slower and much larger but professional peasant army from the Zhugguo states. 

The thousands of nomad Buryats fired off volleys of arrows, there were so many arrows that it literally blocked out the sun. When the arrows hit the defenders walls, they exploded dealing increased damage from Zhugguo black powder technology. 

“Take cover!’ Yelled one of the defenders.

“Forward! Their defences were broken!” Ordered a Buryat commander. Hundreds of Chinggis Khans’ nomadic Calvary stormed the gates of the demon capital being supported by the vessels of the Buryag empire. 

“For lord Chenggis Khan!” Yelled one of the soldiers. 

A Yamugoen Samurai got into a sword combat with a goblin. The goblin jumped toward the samurai with a knife but was quickly cut down by his katana. 

A Moskovian Knight got into a fight with an ogre, the knight although outmatched in strength, the ogre slammed his club down onto the knight. 

He rolled out of the way, but wasn’t able to recover quickly enough, and was having the club fall on him. The samurai noticed this and jumped in front of him and stopped the heavy club from hitting the knight. 

The knight quickly took advantage of the stunned ogre, quickly stabbed the ogre at the point where it’s hide is at its thinnest; the neck. 

When the sword connected to the hide it slid right through the hide and right through the other side. The knight pulled the sword out, blood spilled all over him, and the ogre gurgled in pain. 

“Blagodaryu vas!” Yelled the knight. 

Although the samurai didn’t understand the Moskovian knight, he assumed it was a thank you and responded accordingly “Your welcome!”

The samurai decided to test out a spell he learned while training as a samurai for lord chinggis khan armies; it was something known as a translation spell, he quickly activated it. 

“Do you understand me?”

“Yes I do.”

“I see. What is your name?”

“I am knight Ivan Rostok yours?”

“Samurai Akira Suzuki under the command of the Minato Clans head Samurai Daigo Genji.”

Their conversation was interrupted by a demon trying to parry Ivan. Suzuki stopped the parry in time for Ivan to bring up his shield.

“Clank!” The sword the demon was carrying was stopped by the Knights shield in time.

The samurai then quickly cut the assailants head.

In another part of the Macedonian Capital. Surrounding the child was the burning building that was his home. 

His parents were killed in front of him, he was left from the slaughter of the Buryats for being a child. What he felt was anger, resentment. But his young mind couldn’t understand it, at least yet.

Although the defenders gave off fierce resistance they couldn’t hold off the overwhelming and technologically advanced Buryat, Zhugghou, Yomugo, and any other ethnicity or race a part of the Buryat empire.

The Buryat empire massacred around 2/3 of the population of the Macedonian empire.

City of Presia, Imperial Palace

Emperor Presia was reading the report from the Macedonian embassy, a messenger from the macedonian Empire told the diplomat in charge, that the Macedonian Empire fell to them within months their population massacred all because they killed the envoys from the Orientals. 

He felt his mouth forming a scowl.

“All that work for nothing?” he said to himself. He began to laugh like a maniac, but quickly composed himself.

“Mr. Lee, call the senate at once. I have an announcement to make.” He ordered his butler.

“At your will my lord.” He quickly bowed, and left the room to make preparations for the meeting.

The next day, Imperial senate

All the senators and generals from around the eastern part of the Great Imperium, well the western part of the Imperium fell to barbarians a few years earlier.

When all the senators settled down in the senate, Senator Ludwius asked.

“Lord Presia, why did you call this meeting for the senate?”

“If you're wondering why I called this meeting, I have some very bad news to tell.” He stood up. All The senators were murmuring about what the bad news is once the murmuring settled down Lord Presia continued “The Macedonian empire fell to Barbarians from the far east! Their population massacred! All the work we have done for years was reversed within a few months!”
This caused an increased murmurs from the senators, till a general said “If the Macedonian empire fell then that's good! We don’t have to worry about them coming knocking on our door steps!”

“True general but considering what the barbarians from Central Europa did to my brothers half of the empire. It could very well happen to us as well!”

The general who said that became quiet.

“I say we must prepare for war!” said a senator.

“You mind explaining your thinking Senator Reos? Cause I’m pretty sure I stated that war will lead to the demise to the Presian Empire?” Emperor Presia asked.

The senator now known as Reos explained his thinking “The reason why I say we should prepare for war is because we are preparing for the inevitable. Who knows the kingdom of Jurusili and Alaxendria will ally themselves with the nomad barbarians!”

“I see. Does anybody else have any suggestions about what to do?” Nobody else said a word. “Good, so how shall we prepare for the inevitable invasion by these barbarians!”

The senate agreed on to prepare for the inevitable invasion by the Buryat empire. They first agreed to gain help from the kingdoms formed from the collapse of the western half of the Imperium, by using the pope, and the word of god of course.

They will also prepare an army and diversify their industry to increase economic output. Increase troop numbers from 150,000 troops to 300,000 troops with reinforcements from their barbarian allies.

A series of defensive lines along the Alaxendrian-Presian border, to hold off an invasion till reinforcements come in to aid in the defence.

Using crusaders to get the holy land back from the Buryats in the case that the Kingdom of Jurusili gets taken over.

Royal capital of Alaxend, Town Square

A large crowd was in the town square, an announcement is going to be made. The atmosphere is tense, the people only know that there is an announcement.
Eventually the king arrived at the podium, after a moment he started “I know many of you are wondering why we called this meeting. We have very disastrous situations on our hands. Just yesterday we got word that King Jurusili of the Kingdom of Jurusili or better known as the Elven kingdom, was killed by the hero.” He took a breath then continued “We believe the hero is most likely under what we call the curse of loyalty. As its name states it causes the person under its influence to have unwavering Loyalty to the caster.”

This statement caused murmuring among the uneducated masses of the peasants. Once the murmuring died down a reporter asked.

“King Alaxend, what is the royal family gonna do about this unexpected event? Do you have an Idea about what his son is going to do?”

“We don’t know what his son is going to do, so we are trying our best to prevent war from breaking out. Also we are still trying to organise the information but from what we learned is that the ‘hero’ is responsible for this mess as stated before.”

After going over a couple of more topics about the current geopolitical situation and other things the monarchy fears about what happens the announcement ends and the Royal families then goes back to the royal palace to try to deal with how they're going about this unexpected event.

2