Chapter 6
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: I Sorry I haven't updated in a long time I was doing fanfictions and such so here you go.


Ducal Palace, Duchy of Vieno

As we entered the palace, the main doors were large double doors, where it could accommodate lots of people for large gatherings. The hall itself was very reminiscent of the time period this world was in, it was very large with paintings of previous rulers, with guards standing every 10 feet or so separated from each other, and at the end of the hall which was the great stairway, where we were headed. We went up the flight of stairs, down another hallway then we reached the area where we were supposed to head to, the ballroom.

When we entered the ballroom, it was filled with diplomats from not only the kingdoms from the west, but the nomadic tribes from the east as well.

I followed Victoria around as her escort, till she found who I assumed was Prince, or should I say the new King of Jurusili.

“Ah, you must be princess Victoria, and you are?” Said the man I assumed to be King Jurusili.

“James.” Was all I said.

“James nice to meet you, I am Prince Wilhelm Von Jurusili the XVII, you can just call me Wilhelm for now.” The elven King said.

“I believe you called us here to begin negotiations on an alliance, I believe I am correct?” Victoria asked.

“Yes that is correct, and it seems to have reached the far ends of the central east, and Northern Eden, as we can see by the diplomats from many nomadic tribes.” Said Wilhelm.

“In my old world, there was this empire long ago called the Roman Empire, they surrounded the entire Mediterranean which is where the Central sea is located, they lasted for a thousand years, the western half fell to what the leading theory were barbarians, or tribes in the 5th century. Since this event happened almost 1600 years ago.” This caught the attention of Wilhelm.

“The western half of the Imperium did in fact fall to tribes, although information is sketchy at best as very little recorded history survived but from whatever elves that did survive, told us stories of the battle for Roma.” Wilhelm responded.

“I would also like to mention something about this world.” I said.

“What is it?” Wilhelm wondered.

“It's just that this world has an eerily similar history to my old world, it's just that there are more races, it's odd.” I said, “it's really odd, as someone who comes from a world where war was common for like most of our worlds history, and where humans are the only intelligent race, meanwhile this world where there are multitude of races, and the existence of magic, history decided to go down a similar path, Gengis Khans taking over 80% of Asia, Lord Chengis Khans, Taking over 80% of the Oriental, The fall of the Western Roman Empire, The Fall of the Western Imperium.” I made some examples.

“So there's a possibility that wars that occurred in the world, like your great war that occured over 80 years ago where 75 million people died could also occur in this world.” Victoria theorised.

“So that means the Ancient ones could possibly have existed in your old world, just without the magic.” Wilhelm stated.

“The Ancient ones?” I wondered, not recognising the name.

“Sorry, they probably didn’t go by that name in your world, it's just what we Elvens in the Kingdom of Jurusili refer to as an ancient civilization that had highly advanced magical technology, way more advanced than us Elves currently have.” Wilhelm stated.

“That could be a possibility, do you have a name for this Civilization, outside the ancient ones?” I wondered. “No we have no names for this civilization, we have excavated only a few ruins, but weren’t able to get inside of them because of the sheer strength of the walls. We haven’t tried using any explosion magic at all out of fear of damaging the ruins.” Wilhelm stated.

“There could be undiscovered civilizations in my old world, just because of how unstable the Middle East is, which is preventing effective excavation of ruins and such,” I stated, adding more mystery to this ancient civilization.

“Maybe.” Was all what Wilhelm said.

Eventually the talks began about the alliance, and everybody came to an agreement, with some of my help of course. The alliance is more akin to Nato, where everybody vows to protect each other, where there's a unified command structure, and everybody has standardised weaponry, which will be hard for a medieval civilization so that was left out of the talks. Everybody came to the agreement that they don’t like Presia. The diplomats from the countries that participated were only observers, so they didn’t join in Immediately, but were considering it.

Later that night, Victoria and I decided to check out the Library. To compare things to how they saw history compared to how Alaxendria saw history.

The results were odd to say the least, during the first Duke of Vieno, during the time of the Imperium, it seemed like history was censored so the Imperium could try to hold control of the region, but since education wasn’t wide spread, and was only available to the most richest of nobles, and Generals. It wasn’t effective. After the Western Imperiums Collapse, and Presia control over the region declined, the view of certain leaders were worse than previous ones under the Imperium, it was strange really, I would assume, leaders would prefer to have their citizens view them as someone chosen by god. But for some odd reason it was the opposite, it wasn’t like these books would be read by people other than the nobility, but there was something off about this, like with how the “hero” who was someone who supported the alliance between the U.S and Japan, later saw us Americans as barbarians who should’ve capitulated, when the Imperial Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. It was almost like the leaders were being manipulated by Presia, although quietly.

Eventually we left to go to sleep, although i didn’t need sleep, so I read all the history books in the library I could which was also good for my reading ability, since these countries are so linguistically similar to each other, where their written language are readable to an Alaxendrian, who can read of course. 

I decided to place down all the information on a piece of paper written in english, which would hide the information I gathered

The next morning we left for the Royal Capital of Alaxendria. The ride was exhausting as there were multiple bandit attacks we had to fight off, without reinforcements or outside help, since we were isolated among the mountainous roads, and hills the regions were separated by.
Somewhere among the Mountain Road, 150 km from the Royal Capital of Alaxendria

I looked out among the mountains, it wasn't all that cold because we weren’t high enough for snow to form so we were good, but what was worrying me was this strange magical signature we keep passing by every 50 km or so ever since we entered the mountain range, when we went across this place to head to Vieno, we experienced no problems but now we were surrounded. Then a dark bullet hit the carriage, luckily it was inaccurate, so nobody was hurt outside of the driver. The inside was peppered with bullet holes made out of magic.

“Stay down!” I yelled at Victoria, although a capable mage, she knew full well that if she tried to help she would get hurt, and at worse die. But either way, she would die if she was hurt because of infection, if I wasn’t here. After a minute or two the shooting stopped.  

I quickly exited out of the carriage from the opposite side of the from where the shots came from, forming a high caliber rifle along with some thermal goggles to see where the enemy was, right as I exited. The rifle I created was much heavier than the hunting rifle I used when I went on hunts, and things I did during my childhood, but the reason was that I needed to break through the shields that mages could use that were said to be indestructible, and can only be broken with overwhelming mage power which is impractical, there is only like 1500 capable mages spread out across the known world, a bit more if we include the Americas native civilizations, but even then they probably don’t have a enough advanced society to effective make mages as most of them are nomadic tribes. 

When I exited the carriage I was met with a barrage of fireballs, but luckily they all missed, and were inaccurate with the weather on the mountain. I quickly spotted a group of bandits at 4 o'clock, another at 6 o’clock, and 10 o’clock from the driver's point of view. They didn’t barrage the carriage with fireballs, and similar magic that could hit from afar, so their goal is most likely the princess.

I took aim quickly and pulled the trigger, with a boom, the bullet hit one of the bandits' heads and exploded into a fine red mist. The other one panicked and tried to run but just as quickly as he panicked I turned him into a fine red mist just like his friend. I then turned my attention to the other group of bandits, the one with the mage. Mages are fickle things, apparently fire mages have a hotter body temperature than everybody else, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t much of a difference, but you could tell by the coldest part of the body, which is a brighter color than it should be. Similarly, mages that specialise in ice or magic related to ice like water for example experience the opposite effect. 

Not giving the mages time to react, I pulled the trigger, but ended up hitting the rock they were hiding behind, shattering the rock in the process. This caused panic among the rest of the bandits as they most likely assumed the weapon I was carrying couldn’t shatter rocks. The mage I tried to shoot at had a shield up so the rocks just bounced off of the shield with a thud, but it wouldn’t last for long, I quickly chambered in another round, and fired off the rifle again, shattering the shield in the process, exploding the mages torso into a nothing but a messed up corpsed. It seems like 50 cal. Anti-material Sniper rifles could tear right through magic shielding, but due to this world's tech level, it could be indestructible to everything else, but a sitting duck to modern warfare. 

I then turned my attention to the bandit that was with the mage that was trying to flee, after chambering in another round I pulled the trigger and under a second the bandit was dead, then there was the third group, this one was the one most likely used as the main group to fully attack the carriage if it was heavily guarded but since there was very little escorts they probably assumed Alaxendria only sent the bare minimum of men needed to protect the princess, but didn’t predict for them to fight a spirit that was more than enough to protect the princess, unless their fighting a combined arms army. Also it is apparently suicidal to fight as spirits are more powerful than the strongest mages, only being limited by their masters' will, and their masters' safety. But even then most spirits probably aren’t from 21st century earth like I am, so they’re weakened by even more limited knowledge, but the ones that are probably a bunch of teenagers trying to play hero, which might work out, and being proficised in the goddamn bible or something similar and then coming out as a complete cringe machine, honestly the isekai community in Japan is mostly made up of terrible anime/light novels/manga where everybody is OP as hell, granted their are good series or interesting concepts, but those are hard to come by.

I turned my attention from my thoughts back to the enemy at hand the larger group was a problem as their was multiple mages were present with shields, and my patience was running out, so as the American I am I decided to bring a goddamn grenade launcher, and after aiming it to where the shrapnel will spill over the enemy, I fired a burst of grenades, the grenades hit their targets destroying all of mages shields in the process, and raining shrapnel all over the bandits. 

Victoria then opened the door “Is it over?” She asked. 

“Yes it is.” I responded. 

I decided to get a closer look at the bandits' bodies, from what remains of the group's head at 4 o’clock were just regular old bandits, the ones at 6 o’clock were a bit different, they had tattoos on them signaling they were knights from Presia. The mage was also from Presia. I then went to the largest group, the entire group was made up of a combination of bandits, Presian knights, and mages.

After going through their items which was not much outside their weapons, and staffs and whatever else they had I had no idea what to call, I went back towards the carriage and got onto the driver's seat, it was long ride back home.

 

0