Chapter 1 — Specimen Four (Revised?)
3.4k 29 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's it?" 

On my screen was the website Doodle Hub that I visit frequently, and recently I discovered a trashy alien novel about one of my favorite aliens; the Xenomorphs!

As an avid aliens fan, the quality didn't really bother me. It was mostly to pass the time, a break for myself after hours of drawing.

"At least give the story an ending"

Slightly frustrated and unsatisfied, I swallowed a large mouthful of cold water from the bottle on my desk...

Choked.

And died.

 


 

"Hm, what happened, where am I?"

【You died】

". . ."

【Sigh... Let's just get this over with. Jason Todd, born with a particular talent in drawing imaginative creatures such as aliens and monsters alike. Apart from that, there are no other distinguishing features】

【Quite the lacking [code]

"Hey... are you guys Gods or something?"

【What? Oh, he's still here. Well, I guess you can call us that. Anyway, cause of death: Choked on cold water】

"Seriously? Did I die from choking on water...?"

【Not the worst death I've read in my lifetime. Goodbye】

"Huh?! Wait, wait! Am I going to die for real now? Hey!"

My mind blanked out for a moment and I really had thought that I was going to disappear forever until I regained clarity of my surroundings with a conspicuous floating child made of galaxies and stars.

[Horror Artist] has been removed from your [code]

【Thats it? Gee, another mob huh. Hey you, hurry up and spin that wheel over there and get this over with】

". . ."

【Hey Mr. LowerThanASideCharacter, spin the wheel or I'll kick your soul into a random turd on the side of a road】

"Fuck..."

I rushed over to the wheel, but unfortunately, I was just a ball of white smokey stuff.

"Uhh... how do I spin the wheel?"

【Just think about it】

I did as told and willed the wheel to spin, and just like that it started rapidly changing colors. Images of various creatures flashed before my eyes and words written in ancient languages I've never seen before.

【*Whistle~* You got a half-decent race. And a pretty good skill to top it off too】

"Can I please get some sort of explanation about my situation now?"

【Sigh. This place is Limbo, and you're currently on your way to your next life】

"Limbo... Reincarnation, right? It's really reincarnation?"

【Yes. There's no time to chat though, farewell Mr. LowerThanASideCharacter, 】

The last thing I saw was the Administrators innocent smile as he waved me goodbye.

 


 

When I came to, what greeted me was the face of an old man with a creepy smile.

"What a remarkable species... worthy of the title 'The Perfect Organism'. You, intern, how are the others doing?"

"Specimens 1, 2, 3 and 5 are relatively normal, and as for 6... she shows potential"

"Excellent. Return specimen four to her containment cell and bring out specimen six"

"Yes sir"

Ugh... 

A low shriek escaped through my clenched teeth instead of words that confused me momentarily.

*Hisss* 

"Oh? Already awake? Nevermind, I want you to commence training protocol right away while I report our research to Dr. Weyland"

"Right away sir"

Gas started to fill the room I was held captive in after the old man had left and I immediately became drowsy, slowly falling asleep.

Within my unconscious and empty mind were windows, gold in color, and with the following displayed on them.

[You have joined the server [MS-SAE-30879]]

[You were not gifted with the [Reincarnator] skill, so all memories of your past life will be erased]

[Basic memories such as motor functions, what it was you enjoyed the most in your previous life, as well as the ability to socialize and operate normally, will remain intact]

[Good luck [Challenger]]

[Name: Specimen Four (Temporary)]

[Titles: The Perfect Organism (F) Challenger (F)]

[Race: Xenomorph (S)]

[Stage: Drone]

[Skills: Lesser Gene Modifier (C)]

[Racial skills: Headbite (B) Acid blood (C) Strength (C) Speed (D) Durability (D) Environmental Adaption (E) Stealth (E) Hive-resin (E) Echolocation (E) Resistance: Heat (E) Cold (E) Pressure (E) Metamorphosis (F) Hive Telepathy (F) Wall climbing (F) Growth (F)]

I can't remember what it was, but I feel like I had done something extremely stupid before my so-called 'reincarnation'. 

*Sigh* There's no point trying to remember because most of my memories are gone now.

My senses returned, though different from how I remembered it to be, it was enough to 'see' the environment I was in.

But seriously. What the fuck is going on

I was now in a different room with the restraints unlocked.

"A Xeno-biological marvel. Excellent. Watch carefully these things can walk on any surface..."

I had already walked up the wall while he was talking, and was now hanging on the ceiling, staring at the men in lab coats behind their glass window.

"As predicted. Send in the first test subject"

Surprisingly, I could see a rough outline of two figures, humans, one-armed and pushing the other towards the cell I was kept in.

As I watched them near the door, I realized;

Can't I escape through that door?

I estimated the time it would take for the two to reach the door, which should be less than 10 seconds. 

Taking this short time, I quickly dashed around the ceilings, destroying all light sources in order to hide better in the dark.

"Amazing. It knows the darkness is its ally. Is it going for an ambush on the target?"

3 seconds until arrival at the door.

2 seconds.

1 second.

*Swish*

As the sound of the door opened the depressurizing air created a whooshing sound which I used to hide the small noise I had created from leaping into the corridor.

"Hey, why is it so dark in here... Can I at least get a flashlight"

I couldn't care less about his problems nor the old geezers who were fanatically staring into the cell and instead focused my attention on how to get out of here.

Vent.

Above, on the ceiling, was a vent big enough for me to crawl into. Once inside, I turned a few corners and saw another opening leading to another room.

Just as I was about to pass through, the circular door closed on itself, as well as all exits inside the vent.

Fuck...

It seems they were well aware of my actions but wanted to see what I could do first. 

The ventilation system was gassed after all exits were sealed, sending me back into another deep sleep.

Sometime later, I awoke inside the same cell I had just escaped from, with the same old man happily smiling at me.

"Well done Four. I wasn't expecting you to attempt to escape so earlier after maturing. But unfortunately, we can't have you roaming the facility"

I was kept restrained this time while another human was brought into my cell.

Once he was inside, the door closed and locked behind him and at the same time, my restraints were unlocked.

"AHHHH! What the fuck is that?! T-t-t-this wasn't part of the agreement we had!"

The man ran straight past me and started banging on the window, shouting at the men to let him out.

I on the other than simply stood upright and watched him cause a scene.

"Four?"

*Step. Step. Step*

My heavy footsteps reverberated in the room as I approached the window, or specifically the man banging away at the window.

Kill him

 . . . 

Go ahead, it's what you're born to do

  

Yes... No. I won't kill him. I was... I'm still human on the inside

 Since when were you a human?

I... Huh? 

You're only delaying the inevitable. Even you don't believe in yourself

Shut up. I just know that I can't kill him 

Really? Is that why you're having a conversation with yourself? To reason with yourself?

. . .

 It's what you want, and it's what they want as well 

No...

Slash his throat open. Give the guys a show!

*CRACK*

. . .

"AHHHH!!!"

A short moment passed with me towering over the man, staring at his pale face and quivering body.

Unbeknownst to them, I had an inner fight with myself which lead to me...

"Remarkable... It appears that specimen four has shown empathy for the test subject. Instead of attacking and killing said test subject in front of it, it instead attempted to attack its captors"

The glass window separating us had a small spiderweb crack from the force I used to punch it. Meanwhile, the man had already pissed himself and was now crying on the floor in a fetal position.

Conflicting thoughts and emotions were running rampant inside my much larger head. I realized that the thought of killing or eating the human didn't give any response inside me, which further disgusted me.

Indeed, I wanted to live like an alien or a monster, but not become one entirely with no emotions and morals.

Even now, I could slowly feel my mind going numb. Who I used to be is already slowly disappearing and being replaced by something else. Something cold-hearted and a killing machine.

So all I could do to vent these emotions was to lash out even more at the glass window, spreading the cracks wider and wider as I head-butted it over and over. 

Acid blood spilled from my wounds which helped burn through the window.

"Gas!! Hurry and put the thing to sleep!"

"Ah! Yes sir!"

*Tsss*

*CRACK!! SMASH!*

The window was successfully smashed open and I leaped over the small ledge and into the control room.

The scientists were all frightened, stumbling away from me as fast as they could, but my attention was directed at the vents above.

I pushed the old man aside and leaped into the vent above, soon escaping the ventilation system and entering another room.

89