Chapter 10 — Raya vs Marine vs Alien
1.3k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⌈ That's odd. Why are there fewer aliens here? ⌋

Compared to the commotion going on in the distance and the last area Raya had left, Tunnel B seemed like it was deserted. The Marines held their ground quite comfortably while setting up the explosives near a cluster of columns supporting the place.

⌈ The Marines should be regrouping soon and the aliens won't be able to stop them... Delaying any further would leave me at a disadvantage. ⌋

The moment the Marine carrying the explosives device separated from the group the aliens hiding in the shadows grew more aggressive. A second much larger and fierce wave of Xenos attacked the Marines who by now had already entered a defensive formation.

Raya on the other hand took this moment of distraction between the two to sneak her way around them.

Though the Marine was 'isolated' from the group, it was only a couple of meters away from the group.

Hidden with the columns of stalagmites were two people; a human and an alien. One was busy searching for an appropriate place to set the bomb while the other lurked in the shadows creeping closer every passing moment.

"The bomb has been planted!"

Crash!

All of a sudden the Marine who had shouted earlier was now lying against the cold uneven ground, something heavy leaned against his body from above.

Hissss

Out of the corner of his eyes, he got to see the appearance of his attacker.

"No!"

The light was seen fading from the Marine's eyes, despair-filled and unwilling to die without putting up a fight. Hatred was forever burned into his eyes that reflected Rayas retreating inner jaw. Raya on the other hand felt rather joyful about her actions.

The satisfaction from perfectly hunting her prey was wonderful. At that thought, she began to wonder if hunting stronger opponents would give her an even deeper satisfaction.

⌈ Is this one of the reasons why Predators hunt powerful prey? ⌋

She began to understand the sport of hunting and looked forward to meeting much stronger opponents and overcoming them with her own strength.

Her epiphany was short-lived as the battle just a few meters away from her was becoming more intense.

The Marines figured something had happened to the one setting the bomb, but as it had already been set, their mission here was considered done. Thus, they started to desperately break through the waves of aliens.

Raya refocused her attention to the moment and grabbed the Pulse Rifle beside the dead Marine, immediately opening fire on the escaping Marines.

Obviously, the bullets were way off their mark. In both lives, she had no idea how to use a gun and properly aim it.

⌈ I suppose it isn't as simple as point and shoot ⌋

That wasn't enough to dissuade her from using it though.

Among the stray bullets, a few of them surprisingly hit a Marine in the leg causing him to trip and fall.

"Wait! Help me! Hey, hel-"

His cries were cut off from the surging waves of Xenos that relentlessly attacked him. The last two Marines shuddered before picking up their pace.

The magazine in Raya's Pulse Rifle emptied very quickly to which she threw it aside and chased after the two fleeing Marine.

But there was one thing she forgot to remember, and that was she's an outcast. Separated from the hive and now with a different scent to the others.

She only realized this when the closest Xenos to her stopped in their tracks to look at her. 

⌈ Traitor? ⌋

⌈ She isn't one of us? ⌋

⌈ I remember her... she's the abnormal one who helped us escape ⌋

⌈ The foolish one? ⌋

⌈ Yes, let's kill her ⌋

⌈ Kill! ⌋

⌈ Kill! ⌋

It felt like Raya was listening to a conversation between children which was a little amusing, to be honest.

The tens of aliens around her turned from chasing the two Marines and were now jumping in to rip her apart.

But how could mere runners compare to a Drone such as herself? The fight didn't even last a couple of minutes before they were all killed mercilessly and devoured.

⌈ They got away ⌋

Amidst the corpses of aliens was a larger one standing alone in the dark, menacingly.

⌈ I should have some time before the final bomb is placed ⌋

Raya scanned the cavern with her senses before preparing for a feast.

***

Name: Raya

Titles: The Perfect Organism (+2 more)

Race: Xenomorph

Stage: Quasi Warrior

Height: 7.8ft

Length: 16.4ft

Skills: Rapid Digestion (Lvl 1) Voracity (Lvl 1) Avarice (Lvl 1) Bio-armor (Lvl 2) Acute Sensitivity (Lvl 1)

Bio-energy points: 206

Evaluation: The Host has discovered one of the many pleasures in Hunting. Though far from the desirable Rookie Apex Hunter the System expects, their change in mentality and attitude is the first step towards that goal.

The Evaluation finally changed which came as a slight surprise to Raya, but it was much better than the previous one.

She proceeded to upgrade the Bio-armor to Lvl 3 but the Systems cold reply denied her with the words 'Insufficient Points' in her face. She then tried adding points into Acute Sensitivity but the same reply shut her expectations down.

Having no other choice, she contemplated on whether to upgrade another Lvl 1 skill or to simply hold onto it to level up Bio-armor later.

⌈ If I upgrade Avarice there would be a slightly higher chance to obtain another skill... but the probability of both obtaining a skill and the other person having a skill is too low ⌋

The other skills weren't of much importance right now aside from ones that could give her an immediate boost in strength or defense. For now, she didn't have an offensive skill, so her best bet was to rely on her body and Bio-armor.

⌈ Then, I'll hold onto them for now. Perhaps I'll get something useful later on? ⌋

Her attention was then pulled to the stage on her status. A Quasi Warrior was something between a Drone and Warrior. Stronger than the former, but weaker than the latter.

It was a decent stage to be at since there shouldn't be any warriors at this moment...

⌈ Then I should be the strongest creature here, apart from the Queen ⌋

A sense of urgency arose in her heart which she had no explanation for but guessed it to be her survival instincts.

⌈ I should at least reach the Warrior stage before proceeding with my plan ⌋

Raya set a short-term goal for herself and set out to complete it as fast as possible, running, turning, climbing, and crawling through the complicated tunnel system.

52