The Talk
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip there was quite awkward. The uncomfortable silence was like a solid wall that prevented me from getting closer. She kept staring at the scenery, ignoring me. While, on the other hand, it's surprising that I didn't crash the car because of me looking at her as much as possible. The drive took around thirty minutes. Not a long trip, but not a short one either. Then we arrived. "Angel's Diner, the oldest diner in Florida. Have you ever been?", I asked in an attempt to start up a conversation."No, I haven't." And I'm back to square one. "Well, they've got pretty decent food, order whatever you want," I said as we started to get out of the car. There weren't any other customers, so it was just us and two workers in the diner. "Let's go sit in that corner." She didn't say anything and just followed behind me. The waiter came to take our order as soon as we had sat down. We both ordered an omelette. After the waiter left, I said, "So what's your name." "Jenny," she said, "Jenny Smith." "I'm Walker, Walker Allen." There was another awkward silence, but I found it to be a bit more bearable this time. I broke the silence when I asked, "So what do you do for a living, where do you live, any family." "Why does it matter," she replied a little defensively. "Well obviously, I want to know more about you. I guess you could say that you've stolen my heart," I say in an attempt to flirt. She didn't react a bit. "Alright, well I literally get sick when I think of sleeping with a woman who's been with another man. i can only stomach it when i'm drunk." "That's a first," She said sarcastically. "You do realize that I'm not gonna let you go easily, right." "What do you mean by that," she said, clearly defensive. I saw her slowly start to move out of the seat. "Well I'm not good with women, but I know that if you live with something long enough, you'll come to love it or at least miss it when it's gone." She appeared to feel a little more relaxed, but still defensive. Well, I could hardly blame her. I then said, "So, i'm planning to stick to you like glue." "I'm gonna call the police." "So you'd call the police on someone who's being honest and open. Someone who's last interest would be to hurt you," I said in a hurt manner." "You're being creepy and not letting me go," She replied rather tartly. "Sad times, when being blunt is creepy. Well, just treat me as something you can't get rid of." She looked at me as if I was a retard. "So, where do you live." I asked hopefully. "That's creepy, why." "Well, so that I can convince you to start living with me," I said with a wistful expression. Her response was a resounding, "No". "Why, areyou worried that we'll end up sleeping together," I retorted, "If I really bothered you, then you would have already called the law by now." She seemed rather startled by me saying that. It seemed that she hadn't realized it herself. It made her look adorable to me. "I've got an extra room that you could stay in, you don't have to pay rent, you just have to cook or clean some." "Why are you asking me this, we just met yesterday," she said, suddenly serious. "Obviously because I'm into you," I said, "Besides, what's the worst that could happen, me want to sleep with you, it's already happened," I replied cheerfully. The waiter suddenly came to us with our meals. "If you don't like that, then we could just go to some parks together or watch movies together." "Ok". We ended up eating the rest of the meal in silence. I paid the bill and we went to the car. As we reached the doors of the car, I said," Hey give me your number." She gave me her number and I called her to double check. There was a suspicious lack of sound coming from her phone. "Fine," she said as she gave me the real one. I tried it again and lo and behold, it worked. "Alright, now that that's settled, do you want me to drop you off at the bar or at your house." She responded immediately, "I want to go to the bar, I left my car there." As soon as she said it I knew that she'd try to run off and ghost me. So, I decided to follow her. Blatantly.

0