Chapter 19
3.1k 10 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A date?" I asked, still bewildered.

"Yes! A date around the city!" She enthusiastically said.

A date? Something seemed weird about this. I had a feeling she was planning something, a feeling it was a trap...wait… what if this is all a trap? What if she's been acting like this in order to-

"Let's gooooo!" She yelled, grabbing my arm and dragging me away interrupting my train of thought, not allowing me to pry further about the subject. I followed behind her, still wearing the pyjamas someone had put on me.

"Oh yeah before I forget, Thanks for being my pillow earlier. I felt somewhat drowsy so I decided to take a nap and ended up using you as a pillow. Though you're not mad right?" (Alyssa)

"O... kay? No problem I guess…?" 

As she led me out of the manor, we passed by butlers and maids all attending their duties, though they bowed whenever they saw us pass by and did not lift their heads until we had left their sight. 

We came out of the manor and the moment I took a step out the door the first thing that greeted me was the sight of a glamorous city. The second was the buildings. They were so tall I had to turn my neck in order to see their endpoint.

I looked up even further, to the sky and noticed a dome surrounding the city and a giant ball up in the sky made of unknown material, I’m guessing it worked as some sort of sun. I looked as far as I could to see where the dome ended but the city stretched so far the end was nowhere in sight, so I looked to see where it started and it essentially started behind the giant manor we just left, attached to the manor with some sort of giant tube. 

I turned forward and saw there were electric billboards and neon lights everywhere, it all looked so incredible, almost like something straight out of a sci-fi movie.

I was about to ask about what i had seen when she saw me open my mouth, she pulled me forward and said “I'll explain later” I stayed quiet as I didn't want to take the risk of upsetting her in any way, shape, or form until I knew what type of person she was and what she wanted to do with me. I kept the fact that this may all just be a trap in my head, but for now, I had to play along. 

We walked out the manor which was a surprisingly short walk and into the street. Once we entered the street I noticed there were no cars in sight and everyone was walking, though I did notice there was a large amount of trains twisting and turning through the city and some even going through the buildings.

We walked for about 5 minutes before we entered what seemed like a cafe..

We walked in and I noticed there were no other customers. The waitress cleaning a table looked our way when she heard the door open. 

“Hello and welcome to-” she said in a monotone voice while looking at me with a smile when turned to look at Alyssa. When looking at Alyssa, she clammed up for some reason and her eyes opened so wide you'd think they'd fell out of her eye sockets.After a brief second of silence she started panicking.

Alyssa walked up to her, gently grabbing her by the shoulder and leading her to the door behind the counter.

As they were occupied with whatever they were doing, a man with blonde hair and a sharp jaw walked in. He had a great, buff build and a wide frame. He almost looked like he was someone who just came out of the military with his regrowing hair buff build.

He sat down, seemingly looking around for something when less than 30 seconds later, the waitress and Alyssa came out of wherever room they came from, Alyssa came back and sat down at the table the waitress was waiting at and told me to sit with her.

I sat down across from her, seeing that I didn't sit next to her, she made a pouty face, which was quite cute in all honesty. "What… What just happened?" I asked Alyssa.

"Hmm… Nothing worth talking about, oh! Let's take our order now!" She said, changing the topic before I could intrude further.

"I'm… not hungry, I'll pass." I said, if it wasn't for the absolutely horrible timing of my stomach loudly gurgling as I said that, I probably wouldn't have ordered potato wedges and a double double express…

"Wait… where's my wallet?" I mumbled to myself as I realized I didn't have it with me, my clothes were changed, and besides, it was probably lost in the sea by now. 

"Don't worry, I've already paid." Whispered Alyssa to me, I didn't think she'd hear my mumbling but it was a relief. I made a mental note to repay her back in some way back in the future, even though it was small it didn't feel right to me that she was paying, I at least wanted to pay half the bill as I felt I was leeching.

I made a face and she just chuckled. 

While we talked the waitress came back and stood in front of our table not saying anything but she was shaking so hard you would think she was sick.

We told her our orders and she just nodded and walked into the same door Alyssa had led her into earlier with a fake smile on her face.

The poor waitress who was still shaking came back 5 minutes later with a tray of our food in hand.

While we ate, I realized that her manners and way of eating were refined, way too refined compared to mine. I felt a bit shameful about it. I was thinking about what to say to clear the awkward atmosphere as we had been eating in silence for a good while but thankfully, she decided to break the ice first.

"So, Masa, where do you want to go after this?” she said, with food still in her hand. 

“Uhh, i'm not sure, wherever you want honestly” i replied reminding me of the fact that I had never gone on any dates, I wasn't sure what to do.

“C'mon, I decided we should come to the cafe so now it's your turn, besides you should man up a little or you'll never impress me that way, okay~?” She said with a wink at the end.

More like dragged, but she was right, and I didn't want to take the risk of upsetting or irritating her. She chose to come to the cafe so it's only fair I choose now. I ignored what she said about impressing her. I contemplated where to go when I remembered the fact that I was still in pyjamas.

“Uhh, I guess we could go shopping for some clothes?” I said awkwardly while looking down at my food, observing her face out of the corner of my eye. If she makes a face of disappointment or something, I'll retract the statement.

"Hmm. Alright, sure! That's a great idea! It'll also be a good chance for me to see what type of clothes you prefer so I can make sure I look good for you in the future. Let's finish eating and we can board a train. I know a place where they sell excellent clothes!" She said, lightening the awkward atmosphere. 

We finished eating and when she saw me finish, she put down her food, looked at me and said “ Give me a second I have to make a call”

She stepped into the room she had taken the waitress earlier and came back after about a dozen seconds.

“Let’s go” She said as she once again grabbed my hand as she led me outside while using her other hand to put on sunglasses she got from god knows where. In all honesty, I felt like a child reluctantly following their mother out in public.

We walked for 10 minutes while people looked our way as even though she had sunglasses one could still tell she was a beauty.

We got on at a train station with trains constantly coming and leaving. The inside of the train was surprisingly normal. We sat next to each other in silence for 5 minutes before I finally said something.

“So what type of store are we going to?” I said while looking into her crystal clear eyes, I could also notice that same blonde-haired military guy from earlier in that cafe as well, what a coincidence.

“I was thinking we could go to one that sells a little bit of everything so we don't have to walk from shop to shop, aaaand that way you can tell me if anything catches your attention” 

Before I could respond the train came to a stop and we got out.

We walked for 10 minutes while talking about what kind of clothes I liked when she stopped in front of a store that looked extremely expensive.

I was about to say something when she said “ Don't worry about the money, you can pay me back some other way later if you really care that much~” which made me blush a little, but before I could respond she walked forward into the store, and because she was still grabbing onto my hand I was forced to walk in with her.


you can thank itsmedavid- for this chapter.

53