Chapter 21
2.4k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That familiar expression and those hollow eyes confirmed my suspicions.

People afraid, secrets being kept from me, that strange gaze I always felt when I wasn't looking at her. Two-faced and a scheming bitch. Just like the others. 

She was another crazy. I needed and wanted to leave. But I couldn't.

Alex was unknown, escape was unknown, and my powers were still gone. I just had to play along, and not fuck anything up now. 

"It's basic etteque to not flirt with other girls while you're on a date you know? I don't know what was going on throughout your he-" I stopped her before she could say anything else. 

"It wasn't-" I knew she wasn't going to believe me, so I stopped talking, clenching my fists in frustration.

"I'm… I'm sorry." I begrudgingly said.

She slowly returned to her normal, cheery state, a smile forming on her just-deadpan expression. "It's okay, I just… Became a teensy bit irritated at the sight."

I wasn't expecting her to calm down so quickly. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 

The awkward silence continued for a bit before she broke the ice. 

"Let's just… Go back now." 

"Go back? Where?" I asked, unsure of what she meant.

"Don't act so dull, you know what I'm talking about." She said, brushing my question off. 

It only took a few minutes before we got back to the manor, clothes and shopping bags in hand. 

Before we could enter, I asked her what I had wanted to ask the entire time. "Did… Was anyone with me when you found me? Other than the woman and child."

"Hmm? Why?" She asked 

"Just… Just tell me! Was anyone with me?" I calmly asked, holding back my meaningless annoyance. 

"I'll tell you if… Hmm… Ah! I'll tell you if you let me sleep with you!" She said with a smirk, as if she has just ripped off a customer and made a fortune.

"Okay, yes, sure! Just tell me!" 

"Okay~! Well, nope! No one else!"

"Haha… You're joking right?" I desperately hoped that was just some bad joke. 

"No, I'm serious?" 

Ah fuck.

Fucking… I'm… Why am I so useless!

"Although…" She said, her voice trailing off before she could say anything else. 

"Although what? Tell me!" 

"He is probably alive, just… Not here." 

What? What does she mean?

"It's complicated, just don't worry about it. Not for now." She said, cutting me off before I could ask her anything else. 

I can't afford to piss her off, not now when I'm at her mercy.

I decided to let it go for now, I wasn't limited to just Alyssa for information.

Getting in, I changed into my newly bought nightwear, it felt childish but that was the least of my worries. An adult raccoon onesie…

At least it was comfortable I guess…

This is actually kind of fun, I've never had a onesie before...

***

<Alyssa POV>

As we were walking back to the manor, I couldn't help but think about what I'd done not too long ago.

At first, I just found him interesting. He wasn't handsome, average at most, but nor did he have the personality, but he just felt nice- no. Hmm, I felt… Comfortable around him I guess? It was like I found something I once lost.

The second time I met him was a coincidence. The scouts had brought him to me. That time I decided to study him a bit more, not in a weird way of course, but I eventually fell asleep on top of him…

Oh well, at least the dream was nice, and my own personal human body pillow was warm…

But just a moment ago, I got jealous over 2 girls flirting with him. Even though I knew it wasn't his fault I decided to blame it on him.

I just felt like they were taking something which was mine, and I've already made an example of what happens to those who take what's mine.

I didn't want to say I've fallen in love, but at the same time, I wasn't sure! Umu… 

I hate this!

We arrived back, but just before I could open the gate he asked me a question. 

We went back and forth and I get to sleep with him. 

I'm good at this! If I was born into a different family, I definitely could've been a entrepreneur!

***

<Masa>

Waking up, the first thing that greeted me was her sleeping figure wrapped around me. Again.

I tried moving but she tightened her grip around me even further. 

"Don't… Stay… Please…" she muttered in her sleep as she started shaking. I got a bit scared, but at the same time was very confused, a nightmare?

My eyes drifted back, slowly closing, yet I was still unable to sleep. 

My skin felt sticky and my body was in a horrible condition. 

"I feel like shit…" I silently muttered to myself, I noticed that my breath also smells horrible.

"Hey…" I spoke out, trying to wake her up.

No response.

"Heyyy…" I spoke again, this time a bit louder.

No response.

"HEY!" I yelled, causing her to jolt up. 

She sat up straight, quickly looking around before turning her attention back to me.

"Can y-" I was about to say before she interrupted me.

"5 more minutessss…" She said as she flopped back down onto me, going back to sleep. 

Sigh…

At least her iron grip on me was released. I carefully slipped out under her, making sure to cover her with the blanket.

I slowly walked out of the room, unsure of where to head. There were no maids or butlers anywhere to be seen so I just aimlessly wandered about. 

Eventually I found the main hall, it led upstairs and to the other facilities.

I could hear sounds from what sounded like the kitchen, so I decided to go there and ask where I could clean myself, as the washroom in the room didn't have a bath. 

I slowly got closer and closer, before the kitchen was finally in sight. Maids and butlers were running around and about, I stopped one of them for a quick second to ask where the bath was.

They bowed and showed me the way, asking me if I needed any assistance as well to wash up. Politely declining, I headed towards the baths. 

After I finally found the baths, I cleaned myself before entering the bath. 

The bath was massive, bigger than my entire apartment that I used to live in… The ceilings were high and the decor was grandé.

As I was relaxing, I couldn't help myself from completely submerging myself in the water. The hot water was enveloping my entire body. It was heavenly. Pure bliss 

As I exited the water, a pair of hands wrapped around my eyes. "Guess who".

 

46