Chapter 26
2k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I…

Plop-

Her body flopped onto the floor, revealing the person behind her. 

A butler in all black knocked her out so fast, and so quietly neither of us realised he was even there. The maid jumped off of my back, realising she was vulnerable and put up her guard. 

The butler stared at her, his arms behind his back as he took a small step forward. She gulped as I slid myself away from both of them.

Perhaps because of fear or her panic, she attacked first, even I could see the openings in her attack. 

He took a small sidestep, deflecting one of her hands and jabbed her stomach.

Not letting up with his attacks, he gave her a kick to her thigh and grappled her onto the ground, knocking her out within seconds. 

I watched with interest, almost forgetting to leave. Quickly standing up I took a wide stride for the door, but the middle-aged butler didn't even flinch. 

He stood up slowly, patting the dust off of his clothes before he spoke. 

I, of course, had no clue what he said. I was long gone and was already halfway down the hallway. 

Taking a left, I ran straight into the butler, nearly crashing into him if I didn't stop…

Right in front of him.

"No need to run. I'm only here to protect and assist you if needed." He said, his voice deep and raunchy. 

I took a few steps back, making sure to be out of his range and replied back to him. "O…Kay? What about those… Maids?" I asked cautiously.

"You have no need for concern regarding that. It has been taken care of." He replied. 

"New maids have been assigned, please return to the washroom." He added on after an awkward silence between us. 

***

After being half-forcefully washed, they gave me new clothes to put on and sprayed some sort of perfume onto me.

I was brought back to the chamber with the Queen.

"Mmm. Better." She said with a smile as I stood awkwardly in front of her. 

She moved over to the corner of her humongous seat, patting the empty space beside her. 

I continued to stand, not sure what to do. 'Sit on her chair? Isn't that basically a death sentence! There's no way in hell I'm doing that. Nope. Not doing that.'

"Sit.

I sat down.

She hummed happily as she looked directly at me, like a child staring at their new toy through the plastic box, just waiting to unwrap it. 

She tapped the side of her chair, causing someone to quickly run out of the room.

Less than a minute later, both of the girls and a large table were brought. 

They laid one of the girls down onto the table, her wrists and ankles strapped to the metal cuffs. 

She screamed into her gag as a man walked in, his entire body covered in void-black outfit, including his face. 

He held a dangerously large axe in his left hand, waiting for something. 

"Watch." She said beside me, her full attention on the maid with the widest grin I'd ever seen on her face. 

Plop-

Her lifeless head plopped onto the floor, the blood soaking into the carpet. I visibly repulsed, causing her to turn towards me.

She furrowed her eyebrows with worry in her eyes. "Watch." She said again, forcing me to watch the execution of the two maids. 

I forcefully kept my attention onto the table, not daring to look into the eyes of the lifeless head of hers. 

The other one struggled a lot more, pushing and kicking but was eventually forced onto the table after they hit her enough. 

She was bawling her eyes out while the Queen happily hummed a tune while watching.

 Swish

The axe swung down, but was halfway stuck into her neck. 

She struggled as blood quickly poured out of her neck, the entirety of the table covered in a pool of blood within seconds.

She screamed through her gag as the blood mixed in with her tears, giving the illusion of her crying blood. 

"Hah" I laughed. 

I laughed…? Why did I laugh?

The Queen beside me turned her attention towards me, her jaw wide from surprise, but the surprise quickly turned into an expression of happiness. 

I sat there for the rest of the execution quietly, not uttering a peep.

After less than a minute of passing, the Queen clapped thrice, causing a few people to walk in and start to clean and dispose of everything.

Her head was leaning on my shoulder as her left hand played with my hair. 

I could see them all in shock. The knights and servants were clearly not used to this. They shook when I barely even looked at their general area.

I felt… Powerful.

But I know better. 

It's not because of me.

It's the woman beside me. 

They all fear her, and I was like the rabbit of the tiger. 


Short chapter. Unedited.

32