Ch. 26 – Making a friend
1.5k 7 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next day, feeling well rested and ready to become Jeana’s friend, nothing could stop me now! As I was pumping myself up with my tiny fists raised up, Alice chuckled.

“Miss Oriel is excited today~”

She said while helping me put on my clothes, I had really gotten accustomed to being spoiled by Alice, when I was ready to get out for a walk, the tall maid from yesterday suddenly entered the room. She bowed deeply.

“I am sorry for the intrusion Miss Oriel, but Miss Katherine said I would be helping Alice with her chores today”

“I forgot to tell you Miss Oriel, but Ava will be accompanying us for the day”

I nod in approval, maybe I can touch her heart too… We went to the dining room where breakfast was being served. It was the first time the table was full with everyone, even big bro was there, so unusual to see him up this early. 

“Good morning Ori!”

Mom picked me up and put me on her lap. I noticed Jeana was hiding behind one of the maids already… She certainly is shy. I need to approach her somehow. I spent most of the time thinking of a way to befriend her, big bro spent most of his trying to get my attention. I am sorry but now I am too busy. 

After finishing the meal mom let me go, and I immediately made my move, closing in the gap with Jeana as quickly as I could, grabbing her hand before she could react. We stood there for a second looking eye to eye, I was waiting for her reaction. After a second she reacted by covering her face with her other hand. Seriously cute.

"Let~ walk toget~er Jeana!"

I said and pulled a little on her hand, the whole room was quietly looking at us, it seemed it was overwhelming her, I was ready to let go of her hand when I suddenly heard a small voice.

"Yes~ Miss O-"

She didn't finish her sentence but that was enough for me, with a big smile on my face I walked up to the exit, holding hands with the small Jeana, needless to say everyone was stuck looking at us. Alice held my other hand and Ava followed behind us, I caught glimpses of her smiling a bit…

We walked around the mansion again, it was not as there was nothing new to see so it didn't take long until I got bored, we went back to my room.

Jeana seemed a little bit more comfortable as she held my hand tightly as we walked, but now that we are sitting next to each other on the ground she does seem to know what to do, with no other ideas in mind I decided to mimic what Nathalie had done to me the other day, and decided to just go on my own world while talking to her and asking questions.

She seemed taken aback by my behavior, but I kept asking stuff until she started to interact with me. I felt a little bit bad for forcing her but it is for the future of our friendship… or at least that was the excuse I went with in my head. 

We kept playing for a while until a butler brought some fruits for me to eat like usual. Alice put the tray in the bed and gave me a piece. I noticed Jeana was switching her gaze from the tray to Ava. Does she think she isn't allowed to have a piece?

Alice must have noticed what I was thinking and gave me two pieces. I quickly made my way near Jeana and gave her a piece. She looked confused as to what to do, but after looking at Ava and seeing her nod she took the piece.

It was a sweet fruit that looked like an apple, it was sweet so she liked it a lot. We shared the rest of the fruits and went back to playing. I am starting to feel a connection between us…

Alice and Ava watched as we played for the rest of the afternoon, the sun was starting to set and I noticed how both of us were getting sleepy.

We said our goodbyes and I noticed how much more energetic she was waving at me when Ava picked her up. I happily went to my cradle, smiling like an angel, I had made a friend my age!

"Looks like someone had a good day, sleep well Miss Oriel"

Said Alice when my eyes were starting to close on their own. It certainly was...

75