Ch. 2 – Feeling hungry
3.4k 8 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After falling asleep with my mother’s angelic presence I woke up in a soft baby’s cradle, by my side were a man in a bloody hospital looking suit, a nurse looking young woman and a rough looking bearded man wearing a suit that could only be described as old fashioned, really old fashioned. My mother was nowhere to be seen, probably recovering from the act of giving birth to me. Even knowing full well of the reason, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of discomfort.

Fighting my urges to cry at the top of my lungs I could only curiously stare at the people around me. As I was looking at the ceiling I started to notice how the ceiling wasn’t white like in all the hospitals I had been throughout my past life, instead it was made of wood and it had no source of light to speak of, perhaps the only source of light was a window I couldn’t see due to being in the position I was in. Maybe I had reincarnated in a world less advanced than the one I used to inhabit.

The people around me started talking in a language I couldn’t make sense of, but it was a good guess they were talking about me. The tall man in a suit was most likely my father, even though he didn’t seem like a good match for my angelic mother, I could feel something warm being transmitted from the gaze coming from that face that was beginning to show its age more clearly.

As they continued to talk I started to feel hungry, like really hungry, and so I struggled even harder to stop myself from crying, instead letting escape some displeased moans that seemed to startle the man in a suit, which started to desperately order the doctor around, probably for him to check on me, those rough hands enveloped me once again as the man was checking my body, but I couldn’t hold it in anymore, as I let out a small cry, as if the flood gates had been opened I began crying loudly like before. 

The experienced doctor must have figured it out as I was quickly taken to my mom, whose happy face from seeing me couldn’t be more beautiful, now that I could see clearly, I finally noticed my mom’s long hair the color of gold, and her blue eyes that had the beauty of the ocean, contrary to my father which boasted brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Now that I think about it, how do you usually feed a baby?

That is right, you breastfeed them. I don’t think I am ready for that kind of development yet. 

But the happy look on my mom’s eyes made it so that I can’t refuse it. The least I can do is to close my eyes. At least I won’t feel hungry anymore...

98