Ch. 28 – A day with big bro (Part 2)
1k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Big bro was trying his hardest to concentrate, but my presence made it all the worse for him, but not having any of my maids with me made it so it was my last resort to stay here. 

The young butler stayed by the door looking lost on what to do, I walked around for a bit to see if there was anything for me to entertain myself… Big bro was at a loss on what to do, he kept glancing at his book and pulling his hair out.

“Do you need something Mister Theodore?”

The butler decided to do something.

“I am lost on what to do here”

“Oh! for that you need to...”

The butler started to help big bro out, leaving me with all the more freedom… I looked at the books laid on the floor, most of them don’t interest me though. I picked the one that interested me the most, it was called “The history of the North” and as far as I could tell it told the story of the kingdom I am in.

Not having anything else to do I sat down on the floor, opened it and started reading while big bro was receiving lessons from the butler. Now that I think about it, do all the employees here have a basic education? If so then this place is more advanced than I thought it was…

I started reading from the first page…

Apparently the royal family’s name is Voigt, I wonder what my full name actually is. Apparently the Fiddlere family, or my mom’s family, are the biggest merchants in all of the empire… So my family’s riches are not just because of dad being part of the royal family, 

There is also a note saying that plenty of famous artists were born in the Fiddlere family, maybe that is why there are so many paintings around the property…

A bunch of boring texts later I reached something that peaked my interest. The North Kingdom’s capital is where the biggest school is at, it is open to everyone that can pass its entrance exams, not even the princess has a guaranteed place in there… From its description it feels like the test is hard, maybe it will be easy for me due to my previous life’s knowledge.

My eyes were starting to get tired, when I noticed the butler and big bro had stopped talking. I hear the butler say in a low voice.

“Doesn’t it look like Miss Oriel is actually reading?”

“It sure does”

I can feel they are looking at me, so I lay myself down and close my eyes, I shouldn’t do anything suspicious… 

I open my eyes and get back to sitting.

“Am hung~y”

“I will bring a snack in a second Miss Oriel, excuse me Mister Theodore I will be back to help you in a second”

The butler left, leaving only me and big bro in the room. He suddenly closed the gap between us sitting by my side. He started petting my head and playing around with my hair. 

I don’t know if I like being in this position but he was in a good mood so I let him be… for now at least. 

After a few minutes he didn’t seem to be stopping any time soon, and the butler was taking a while...

Having grown tired of not doing anything, I started focusing on the book, but big bro noticed it. He grabbed the book from the floor.

“Are you interested in this book Ori? Do you want me to read it?”

It was better than doing nothing so I nodded, he flipped back to the first page.

“I need to start from the beginning...”

I quickly regretted my decision as he was horrible at reading, I could barely understand what he was saying… 

Thankfully the butler came in after he read a couple of pages, my eyes shined after seeing my saviour apologetically enter the room.

“I am sorry for the delay, but there seems to be a problem in the kitchen”

He bowed and put the tray with some fruits on the table.

“I will help Ori eat!”

Big bro suddenly jumped and went to pick some on the tray, this is not going to go well…

62