chapter 1
673 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Alicia put a hand over his mouth as he yawned. After last night he couldn’t go back to sleep and since it was already 4 in the morning so he had decided to stay up making sure he had everything ready for school. Absentmindedly he reached up to the collar and fiddled with it.

 

‘I have no idea why they sent me this uniform.’ the young trap thought. ‘But I'm sure caretaker had something to do with it.’

 

Finally seeing the gate of Kuoh academy he walked just a little bit faster. While he was by no means late or anyway close to being late, he did want to get to school early in order to acquaint himself with the area. Taking a closer look at the school Alicia noted it was rather large for where it was located, Kuoh itself only had a little over 10,000 residents living there. 

 

Walking through the gate the Fallen watched as a rather colorful group of students walked in the distance. Red, blonde, white. All really interesting colors to see, but it’s not like he could say anything bad about it. His own hair was orange cream. Looking at a small pamphlet in his grasp he searched for the first year classrooms. He also started mentally preparing himself for his soon to be classmates reactions.

Mr. Tetsu sat at his desk making sure his role chart was set up with his new student. Absently he could hear his students talking about anything and everything. Some were even talking about what the transfer student looked like. Looking at the clock he decided to get his class in order. 

 

“Students!” he called out over the noise, instantly getting their attention. “As you already know Kuoh academy is getting a new student, well they have gone through some things that you will find out in a moment so i want you all to be on your best behavior and do not overwhelm them. Understood?”

 

“”Yes sensei.””

 

The classroom door was knocked on and everyone snapped their attention to it. Some of the students were already whispering about if it was them.

 

“Well what do you know, that must be them.” Mr. Tetsu muttered. “You can come in!”

 

The door opened and in came a rather short, orange cream haired ‘girl’, the whispers didn’t take a lot to erupt. 

 

 "Look at her hair."

 

"It looks so pretty."

 

"Check out her ass."

 

"Damn look at those legs."

 

"She's so short, like a fairy!"

 

The ‘girl’ looked at Mr. Tetsu and bowed. 

 

“Thank you for welcoming me Sensei.” Alicia rose from his bow and pivoted on his heel, facing his new classmates. Ignoring both their gasps of shock and horrified eyes he continued. “My name is Alicia Kreiger, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Alicia’s left arm was missing from the elbow below, the sleeve of his shirt was tied in a nkot also. When he had struck orb of destruction with his supercharged Hypernova sword the sheer magic backlash attempted to disintegrate/incinerate his right arm but (un)fortunately the soul sucker ability had activated. The soul sucker was the best shield he had for a good reason, it had the ability to absorb magic attacks and use them as a one off blast attack. Well it had started to do that, until it absorbed too much and exploded in his hands.

 

At least that's what he believed happened, the memories are a bit blurry. 

 

“Now students, do you have any questions for Krieger.” the moment those words left Mr. Tetsu’s mouth, the classroom erupted in a cacophony of shouts and noises.

"What happened to your arm."

 

"Where are you from."

 

"Is your hair natural?"

 

"Are you single."

 

"Can i get your number."

 

"Do you need any help?"

 

Mr. Tetsu must have noticed how overwhelmed Alicia was getting. “Students! Quiet down!” Mr. Tetsu shouted over the students and instantly they quieted down. He gave Alicia a gentle smile and gestured for them to speak.

 

The trap took a deep breath to calm his nerves. “My arm had to be amputated after I got in a… accident… that left it beyond help. I am from the south region of the US. my hair is natural and no you may not touch it. I won’t need help with most tasks, just the ones that require me to have both hands.” here Alicia hesitated a bit. “Next week i have to go to Kuoh hospital to get the limb attached but i already have the port.”

 

“That’s amazing to hear Krieger.” Mr. Tetsu looked at the papers on his desk for a second before speaking again. “Now i believe there's a free seat in the fourth row near the back.”

 

Alicia nodded and hurriedly made his way to the back just as the teacher spoke again.

 

“Now students, where did we leave off? Ah here we are, turn your books to chapter…” 

The fallen celestial could barely keep his poker face on as he tried to reign in his annoyance. The word of a disabeled student didn’t take long to reach across campus, although why they thought he was unable to carry his bag was beyond him. Because of that he decided to head towards a more secluded area to eat his lunch so he hopefully wouldn’t be hounded by other students. Opening his lunchbox he grabbed some of the leftover pizza and started eating. After a slice Alicia heard footsteps, something he was dreading.

 

Looking around he spotted the culprit, one of the people he saw this morning when he walked in. the small white haired one to be exact. The small girl walked towards him before standing before him.

 

“Is it ok.” The girl said as she gestured to the bench he was sitting on. “To sit here.”

 

Alicia nodded and scooted over a bit to give her more room. They would sit there for a few moments, the girl would give a few glances at him and his tied sleeve, making him sigh mentally.

 

“Alicia Krieger.” he introduced himself and stuck out his hand. She looked at his hand for a second before gently grabbing it.

 

“Koneko Toujou.”

 

And thus they went back to eating. Alicia struggled to open a milk bottle for a few seconds before Koneko took pity on him and opened it. His cheeks had a small flush to it as he accepted it, embarrassed he had to have help opening it.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Hmm no problem.”

Over the next few days Koneko and Alicia would meet back at the secluded area to eat lunch together and do some homework. It was honestly not a bad thing, they both needed help at times and they were not being handed the answer. Them being in the same year also helped.

 

“Hello koneko.” Alicia said with a smile. To him it was nice to have someone that didn’t try and baby him just because he had one arm. “What do you want to work on today?”

 

The small girl held up a math book in response and thus the two started on the dreaded math. Thirty minutes later Alicia stretched his arms into the air hoping it would cause some sort of relief when they heard the sound of footsteps. looking in the direction of the sound he was not expecting. Kiba Yuuto, the so called prince of Kuoh.

 

“Excuse me Koneko, but the president would like to see us for a minute.” Kiba himself was a tall, blonde haired male, that supposedly had a large groups of male and female fans that claimed to love him. Koneko in turn gave the trap the best apologetic look she could before following Kiba.

 

Alicia shrugged as he went back to his work, it wasn’t any of his business.

   With Koneko.

 

"So that was the new transfer?" Asked Kiba once they got far enough. He had heard from the rumor mill that the new transfer had some interesting injuries but he wasn't expecting her? To be missing an arm. "What did you think of her."

 

Koneko thought for a second. "Strange."

 

"Oh?" Kiba cocked an eyebrow. "In what way?"

 

"Smells like fallen." Koneko frowned the tiniest bit. "But not."

 

"Wouldn't that mean she interacts with the fallen a lot." Kiba asked, a bit confused. How could someone smell like something but not like it at the same time. Koneko shrugged, she didn't know. 

 

The duo continued to walk to the occult club. Inside were Rias Gremory and Akeno Himejima. The king and queen of the Gremory peerage, respectively. 

 

"So what did you find out about the new student." Akeno asked, pouring some tea.

 

"Well according to Koneko, Alicia smells like a fallen angel." Kiba answered, accepting a cup from Akeno. Seeing the looks on the two girls' faces Kiba spoke again. "But also doesn't at the same time and we don't know what to make of it."

 

Rias leaned back in her chair. "This could mean a few things." She said after thinking for a moment. " She's a new fallen angel that didn't contact Grigori and is keeping her head down, she spends a lot of time around fallen angels, she's a half fallen. Any one of these proposes a problem later on." 

 

"Depending on which Alicia belongs to, determines what we do." Akeno continued after Rias finished. "If it's part of the first we don't know what she fell to, so we risk both heaven and Grigori coming in potentially causing an incident. If it's the second or third we need to keep an eye on her as she might have someone keeping an eye on him in return.”

 

 

 

 

"Sooo," drawled out Kiba. "What do we do?"

 

"For now? We wait and see if anything happens." Answered Rias. "Hopefully nothing bad comes out of this." She muttered quietly.

 

Well i can't guarantee that.

 


Week and a half later.

 The trap stared at the strange object in front of him. Trying to figure out a very important question to him. Why is the watermelon square? He was grabbing some more ingredients as he had started making meals for Koneko after she tried to steal his lunch. He was apparently starting a bit too much and didn’t notice him walking into someone.”

 

“Oof!” Alicia grunted as he fell to the ground. Looking up he was who bumped into, it was a trench coat wearing man who was giving him a rather odd look. “Oh umm sorry about bumping into you.”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” the man grunted, but made no attempts on moving.

 

A few seconds later Alicia grabbed the watermelon and shuffled away. Privately he thought the trenchcoat guy was one of those weirdos who stared at girls, or those that looked like girls. The trap quickly paid for his groceries and set off on heading home.

 

Alicia frowned as he walked home, having noticed a lot of the street lights were turned off. Tell didn’t look broken so he didn’t know what to think. Well he didn’t get the opportunity to think more of it as two people stepped into the few street lights still on. The trench coat wearing guy and a blue haired buxom beauty. 

 

All the fallen celestial did was give them a wry eye as he walked around them.

 

“A halfling like you should know better than to stray from it’s nest.” the TCG said.

 

“What the heck is a Halfling.”

 

TCG didn’t answer but the beauty did. “Ahh did the poor halflings parents never tell it?”

 

“What?”

 

The trap could barely see the two give dark smirks before the lights above them shut off and he lost track of them. 

 

“What the heck was that about?”

 


 

Alicia hummed as he swung his legs on the bench. Koneko was also eating one of the bentos he had made next to him. His new left arm was attached just a few days ago, but for some forsaken reason the majority of the school didn’t make any attempts to treat as anything other than a piece of glass.

 

“Hey Konny.” The nickname caused a bit of color to appear on the short girl's face, making Alicia smile. Speaking of said girl she paused her eating to look at him. “Would you like to hang out at my place.”

 

“Sure.”

 

The traps cheeks would have started hurting if they could stretch any wider.

The fallen celestial’s house wasn’t one of those extravagant apartments the size of a large house, but that suited him just fine. Right now he was waiting for his (best) friend to knock on the door and planning what they could do for the rest of the day. The only reason why she didn’t go with him after school was she had an errand to do before hand.

 

<knock knock>

 

‘Oh that should be her now.’ opening the door Alicia saw Koneko was still wearing her school uniform. 

 

 "Come inside Konny." Alicia said, waving Koneko inside. As she entered Koneko looked over her friend. 

 

Her friend, who she found out was a trap, was wearing a simple blue short sleeve T-shirt, some tan shorts, some long black socks and an apron. 

 

'He must have been cooking.' Koneko thought. The thought of her friend's food made drool start to pool in her mouth. Last week Alicia had made shrimp kabobs and shared them with her, and they tasted Devine. Snapping out of her food infused daydream Koneko started to look over the room they were in. Like most apartments in Japan, the apartment was small. There was a decent size flat screen with a dvd player connected. A shelf with knick knacks as well as a few pictures on it. 

 

"Make yourself at home Konny." Alicia said walking back to the small kitchen. "I'm making some snacks for us."

 

Koneko just nodded before going back to looking over the room. Moving closer to the shelf she looked over the pictures. There were only three of them in total.

 

The first one was a normal picture. On it was Alicia and an older man, just starting to gain grey hairs. They were wearing forest camouflage clothes with bright orange vests over them. The older man was standing proudly behind Alicia with his hand on her friends shoulder and a rifle in his other hand while Alicia was holding two rabbits in his one hand proudly in the air and a wide smile on his face.

 

'A hunting trip.' Koneko thought before moving to the next picture.

 

This one was somewhat like the first one. Alicia sitting with the older man over a table that held two rifles. Only with them was a child. They seemed to be enjoying each other's company and by the looks of it were explaining something.

 

Koneko felt a pang of something go through her chest as she looked over Alicia's face. The way his pink eyes seemed so bright in the picture and… Koneko could feel the heat rushing to her cheeks as she tried to shake off whatever that was. Trying to ignore whatever that feeling was she went to the next picture, which was mounted on the wall rather than on the shelf.

 

It looked interesting to say the least, it wasn't taken with a camera rather it looked like it was drawn. It depicted four people each rather unique looking, like they came out of a fairy tale. The first was a mountain of a man wearing what looked like extremely heavy armor that was dark grey with blue edges. (Siegfried's armor from soul caliber just without the dangling bits and the wing on his knees.) He was wielding what looked to be a long sword. Metal king sword, i have no idea how to describe it. From what she could see he was a clean shaven man with just a small blonde beard.  He seemed to have one of those calm and wise feelings.

 

The next one was one of the girls. Tall and lean by the looks of it, she wore a black leather bodysuit, with studs along her wrists, pelvis and most of her legs. A blue weathered cloak rested across her shoulders covering most of her top. Adorning her head was a large pointed hat, much like a witches hat, covered in small bells on the points. On her waist was a pair of daggers, (dragonbone daggers from skyrim.), Unlike the first one Koneko couldn't tell what color her hair was, but from her facial expressions she seemed to have a mischievous look.

 

Third was the other women and like the other women she wore light armor. (Elf archer outfit from goblin slayer), and a feathered hat. Unlike the other two she carried a bow, and despite the fact Koneko knew little about bows she had to admit it looked beautiful. (Tigrevurmud vorns bow with green vine engravings.) She had brown hair that came to her shoulder. Unlike the other women she had a peaceful manner to her.

 

And finally, Alicia. He looked so different in this painting. Like the first one, he wore full plated armor. (You know what fuck it. Look up star wars clone medieval, take Cody's armor and remove the visor part.. It's still the same color.) His helmet rested underneath his arm while his other one held his sword. His orange hair seemed to flow down his back. Although Koneko had to admit seeing someone his size in armor looked funny.

 

So engrossed Koneko was, she failed to notice Alicia coming behind her. As for Alicia? he looked at his friend and noticed what she was looking at. A sad smile crossed his face, the portrait was from stornway and it was painted by their good friend Patty. Sadly it was one of the few remaining items Alicia had to signify the friends he had. The rest were in their room in stornway.

 

"Do you want to know who they are?" Alicia asked, startling Koneko. Once she nodded, Alicia started his tale. "These are-were my friends from the US, we used to go to whatever festival our town was doing. the giant of a man was Alexander and one of the nicest guys i have ever known. He would regularly go to the local orphanage and play with them. 

 

Then we have Beatrice. unlike Alexander, who was warm and jolly was mischievous and cynical. She loved to play tricks on people, though not all of them were in good humor. Although I always believed that to be a facade, since she always seemed to be with Alexander. 

 

And last Vari, my best friend. She and i used to spend hours reading history together. She could hit an apple from 70 yards away. She was always quiet though so it was hard to tell what she was thinking at times." Finished Alicia, a few tears gathering in his eyes. The memories that came flooding back, well could you blame him. 

 

Immediately Koneko felt bad for making her friend sad, so she did the same thing her king did when she was sad. Reaching over Koneko pulled her friend into a hug, one that Alicia responded with hugging her back. Not a strong one mind you, just enough to let the person know you're there. 

 

"You know," Alicia mumbled. "They would have loved to meet you Konny."

 

Personally, Koneko didn't know how to respond to that, most of her life was either with her sister or her king. Fortunately Koneko didn't have to say anything.

 

"Let's move away from that depressing topic." Alicia said wiping his eyes, with a very small smile on his face. "I picked some things for us to watch tonight and i made some salmon Croquettes."

 

"That sounds nice." Koneko responded, Also with a smile. And such Alicia and Koneko sat down on the couch, started to eat the before mentioned Croquettes and started to watch one of the greatest shows ever, avatar.

 

5 hours later.

 

"Zzzzz."

 

"Zzzzz."

 

Was the only sound coming out of the apartment. After hours of binge watching tv shows and eating snacks the duo had fallen asleep on the couch, Koneko laying her head on Alicia's shoulder while Alicia laid his on Koneko's head. The TV provided some much needed light without waking the two. The 'silent' and still atmosphere was broken up by a summoning circle appearing in the kitchen. As the circle rose into the air, Akeno appeared out of it.

 

Akeno looked around quickly before heading into the living room. Spotting the two on the couch brought a smile to her face. It wasn't often Akeno found Koneko doing something so adorable, especially with someone else. Pulling out her phone she took photos to share with her king.

 

Quietly Akeno laughed. 'This will make some perfect teasing material.' She thought. Looking around she tried to find a blanket or something similar and after a few minutes she was covering the two in a quilt. Smiling again Akeno used another summoning circle to head to Ria's house for some much needed sleep and two report what she found.

 

As she teleported away, she failed to notice a pink eye staring at her through a cracked eye.


yeah you weren't expecting him to be missing a limb were you? I can't really remember why i wanted to have a character with a bionic limb beyond thinking they look awesome and wanting to do something for a specific scene but the exact details escape me.

12