chapter 3
448 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alicia paced around his apartment, thinking over everything the fallen angel told him. It was very… enlightening to say the least. In an abandoned church on the outskirts of town laid an entire group of fallen angels just like the ones he fought last night as well as dozens of rogue exorcists under their employ. To be honest he did not know what to do with this information. While he was told of all of their capabilities and strengths that she knew of, it simply didn’t tell Alicia the things he needed to fully formulate a plan of action, IF he needed to. 

 

“I can’t do a headlong attack through the front door since they might have it trapped or something and I have no idea what they could use for traps.” he muttered already hating how little he knows and while he could probably could withstand whatever they throw at him he would rather not risk it if possible.

 

Sigh guess i have to use it.’ he thought with a hint of weariness. Opening up his inventory he pulled out an tome, a VERY thick tome. About the size of a very large dictionary and bound in old cracked leather this is arguably the most important object out of everything in his inventory, the accolade records. Originally carried by Stella the co-conductor of the starlight expresses the accolade record categorizes, organizes, identifies,  and well records every monster or person The four ever fought along with an entire section dedicated to every armor, weapon and item ever found or crafted by them.

 

It was given to Alicia not long before they went to fight Corvus by Stella who had to go evacuate as many Celestials as possible before the observatory collapsed, they had hoped that by having it on hand it would give some sort of insight to his weakness but it didn’t work the way they wanted.

 

Opening the book he channeled a small amount of magic into it, mentaly willing the page he wanted it to flip to. As The pages rapidly danced past his vision, he went to the nearby couch to sit. Eventually after flipping through nearly 700 pages it stopped, bringing a feeling of relief to him. 

 

Sketched on the two pages laid both an angel and a fallen side by side, both forms are neither male nor female due to the sheer amount of variety that would produce. Clad in a simple white robe and wooden sandals the angel looks as if it was rising up to heaven, while the fallen is clad in a torn robe, is barefoot and is falling.

 

Angel.

 

Originating in heaven, angels serve the biblical god and due to their light based attacks/powers are the most suited to dealing with devils, as it is akin to poison to them. As they are 'born' with wings they have an almost instinctual ability to fly. 

 

Each angel belongs to a certain rank, each rank is divided by the amount of wings they possess. More wings equals more strength.

 

All stats unknown. 

 

 2 winged Fallen angel.

 

The disgraced children of god, the fallen angels tarnished their purity by succumbing to one of the seven sins and turning their wings black as a consequence. 

 

While still retaining their powers over light it is regarded as tainted light. Unlike their pure counterparts fallen angels are known to be more aggressive as well as more honest in their dealings.

 

Same as angels, the more wings they have the more powerful they are. 

 

Majority stats unknown.

 

HP: 125

MP: 400

MM: 20, 100 against devils.

STR, RES, DEF, CHARM, MM and Agility are unknown.

 

While Not as much information he was hoping to get, it was more than what he normally gets. Plus it wasn’t that strange, he only incapacitated them rather than killing them so he only got some of the information. Kind of like when he and his party fought the Wight night they only part of his info because of the very unusual circumstances regarding him, only completing his information after they found some scrap books in Brigadoom. Granted that was also when they found out the reason why Brigadoom became such a toxic filled place, both literally and metaphorically.

 

Basically a sort of hybrid demon developed a massive crush on the Wright knight, who was originally known as the Right knight, and sealed the two together for close to 500 years. When the earthquake happened it unsealed the two, Wright knight tried finding his lost love and destroyed anything that got in his way. Once we defeated him and told him what happened to both his kingdom and love he tried to kill Morag, the demon that sealed him away with her, only to come up short and we had to save his bacon.

 

Alicia frowned, now that he thought of it he couldn’t remember what happened to his soul after he and princess Simona danced. He didn’t see it when the party was in the realm of the Almighty, as that’s where his soul was supposed to go. He knew he had a copy of him, albeit non sentient, in his deck.

 

Alicia was brought out of his thoughts by knocking coming from the front door. Closing the book he sent it back into his inventory. Standing up he brushed off his clothes and went to see who was at his door. Looking through the peephole he saw it was Koneko, and threw open the door with a smile on his face.

 

“Kony!” Alicia exclaimed as he hugged her. He wasn’t able to go to school today as he called the administrator and told them he was feeling under the weather, mostly a lie he was feeling a little bit weary after last night.

 

“Hello Alicia,” Koneko said as she hugged him back with a small smile. Extracting herself from her friend she gave him a look over. “You weren't at school today.” she said accusingly, looking straight into his eyes.

 

“Yeah i was feeling a bit under the weather so i called the school and they told me to stay at home today just in case.” he said rubbing his intact elbow. Koneko's eyes narrowed as she seemingly judged her friend. Deciding he was telling the truth she stopped, instead giving him her normal blank look if a bit softer than normal.

 

"Hopefully you're better tomorrow." She spoke as she came in, grabbing a bag she had set down. “President would like to see you tomorrow.”

 

“Oh?” Alicia raised an eyebrow at that. He knew who Koneko’s president is, Rias Gremory one of the two most popular girls in Kuoh the other one being Akeno Himejima. Both of whom were nicknamed the great ladies of Kuoh. Alicia had never personally interacted with either of them, partially because he’s not in the same class as them the rest is because he never felt the need to. “Did she say why?”

 

Koneko nodded. “She wants to see about inviting you into the occult club.”

 

Alicia started tapping his chin as he thought about everything he knew about the club. He knew Rias and Akeno are the president and vice president respectively, Koneko is a member of it, as is the fourth member Yuuto Kiba. From what he had heard in the rumors from the other students, the occult club is the most mysterious club of them all. No one really knew what they did when they went to abandoned places, well they knew it had to do with ghosts but that was about it. So why did she want him to join?

 

"I would get to spend more time with you." He mused. Not really seeing a down so far Alicia decided he would at least hear her out. Koneko nodded in agreement. “Alright, i’ll head over there tomorrow morning as soon as school opens up. Is that fine?”

 

Koneko thought about it then nodded, bringing a smile to his face.

 

“Great, now.” Alicia knew what was going to say next was going to make her happy. “Would you like to join me for dinner?, my caretaker sent me some ingredients for fried fish.” 

 

Koneko face broke into a small smile at the thought of eating the amazing food her friend is capable of making. “I would.”

 

[Put the thing here.]

 

The next day Alicia made his way over to the occult club, just like he said he would. Thankfully Koneko had arrived before him as he did not know where exactly the club was, barring it was in the old school house.

 

"So why use the old school house instead of the main building." Alicia asked as the two walked.

 

Koneko frowned as she remembered what Rias told her. "No need to worry about the other students."

 

Not exactly the truth but neither a lie, they didn't need to worry about the other students barging in while they're being summoned. Plus the other students can get really loud at times.

 

“Ohh that makes sense.”

 

It didn’t take long for the two to arrive at the club room, not with Koneko knowing the building like the back of her hand. Koneko knocked on the door and waited.

 

"Come in."

 

Within seconds of entering the room Alicia noticed multiple things. First this room looks like it belongs in a freaking mansion with everything in it. Second in the corner of the room was a running shower. Third based on the silhouette there is a very well endowed woman currently showering in it.

 

Alicia… was only mildly curious about the shower, after seeing nearly 50 very beautiful women wearing either nothing or very little while they were in Gleeba, Seeing her in a shower barely fazed him. Following his friend over to the couch he decided to ignore the showering girl. 

 

“So is this normal?” Alicia asked after a few seconds, getting a so-and-so from Koneko. After a few minutes, maybe three minutes, of the two sitting there the door opened again. Looking over he saw Issei being lead inside by Kiba. seeing Issei instantly lock onto the still running shower brought a feeling of foreboding. Him exclaiming about breasts and gaining a nosebleed also made him disgusted.

 

“Issei.” Alicia’s voice cut sharp through the room, bringing him out of whatever perverted thoughts that were undoubtedly running rampant. Issei jumped a bit, having not noticed the others in the room. “Do not let your tendencies or hormones control you. You are a guest and will show the appropriate amount of respect.”

 

That seemed to surprise most of the room, including Akeno who had just entered with a change of clothes for Rias. As Alicia had lived in the observatory for nearly his entire life before being sent to earth and subsequently the south of the US, his views of doing anything as perverted as Issei would not only be shameful but also downright revolting in his eyes. It also helps the reason he and his kin were created so as to show the almighty their daughter is right and humans were capable of good.

 

“Agreed.” Koneko said as she recovered. That seems to snap everyone else out of their thoughts. Akeno brought the clothes over to Rias who put them on after drying herself. 

 

“Excuse me, would anyone like some tea?” Akeno asked, holding a tray of tea hoping it would break up the awkward silence that sprouted. Alicia, Kiba and Rias each took a cup while Akeno went behind Rias as she sat down. 

 

I welcome you to the occult club." Rias started after a second, her expression turning into one of determination and confidence. "I know this was rather abrupt but certain things have forced my hand."

 

One of Alicia's eyebrows cocked at that and he immediately started thinking of what the heck that meant. While he had a feeling it had something to do with the fallen angels he had no idea how or why it affected Rias. 

 

“What do you know of the supernatural.”

 

“Uhhh not much.” Issei said scratching the back of his head. “My family worships the shinto gods but that's about it.”

 

“I’m afraid my knowledge is fairly limited as well.” Alicia said after sighing. “My caretaker and I never dived into that kind of thing, not really seeing a point in doing so.”

 

“I see.” Rias muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear. “That will be something we will have to fix later on. I have both an offer and an explanation for you two, if you are willing to hear me out that is?” After a second Issei and Alicia nodded. “I would like to offer you both a chance to join the occult club.”

 

Upon hearing the offer Issei’s mind crashed, the thought of being a part of a club with some of the most beautiful girls in school being all too enticing for him. Meanwhile Alicia had no noticeable reaction to the offer. In his thoughts however he was already trying to figure out why she was offering them both a spot in the occult club. It couldn’t be something personal as he had barely any chats with them, Kiba and Koneko being the only two he really talked to. Bit by bit tiny pieces put themselves together in an attempt to figure out the why to his question, in the back of his mind a thought prompted him to ask something.

 

“Does this have to do with miss Himejima teleporting into my room a while back?” Alicia’s question sounded innocent but the way his eyes seemed to sharpen as he stared into Rias’s eyes painted a different picture. “Or the fallen angels trying to kill me the day before yesterday?”

 

“You saw me?” Akeno exclaimed, surprised as she had thought Alicia was asleep when she went to check on Koneko.

 

Alicia felt like that was a stupid question for some reason but answered anyway. “With how bright your teleportation spell is, I'm surprised Koneko didn’t wake up.” he tilted his head however as something struck him. “Although I am surprised you can teleport inside, I couldn't figure out how to.”

 

Rias coughed, regaining everyone's attention. She filled away what the orange creme haired boy knew before speaking again. “Yes and no. Akeno appearing in your home was just her checking on Koneko, she forgot to tell us she was spending the night at your house.” Koneko nodded sheepishly, well as far Alicia could tell, signaling it was the truth. “The fallen angels attacking you are however.”

 

“It’s also why Hyoudou was invited here.” Kiba finally spoke since they got here.

 

Rias nodded. “That’s correct. Tell me Issei do you remember these.” reaching into her desk drawer she pulled out a small file and showed a series of photos. Each photo showed Issei and the girl, Yuuma that's her name, walking around looking like they were having an interesting time. Each photo seemed to put emphasis on the two. Meanwhile Issei was sputtering like a failing engine as he stared at the pictures. 

 

“Wh-pp-i.” Finally after several seconds of Issei sputtering he managed to get his head on straight. “How did you get this?”

 

“The how will be explained later on after we get you settled.” Rias dodged the question easily and instead asked him a question. “I trust you remember what happened at the end of your date.”.

 

Issei visibly flinched at the reminder, causing some questions to rise inside the celestial. He looked a bit more pale than he was before. “Y-yeah i remember. She wanted to kill me because I had something, I think. I’m not sure what she was talking about.”

 

Rias sighed before muttering something. “She wanted to kill you because of the sacred gear you are in possession of.” looking up she saw the puzzled faces of the two and had to resist the urge to groan, it looks like she was going to do a brief history lesson on top of introducing them to the supernatural world. “I will explain in a second. Raynare or as you know her as her alias Yuuma is a fallen angel, a disgraced daughter of the biblical god.”

 

“Normally this wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for multiple things.” Akeno picked up after Rias. “the fact she and presumably more fallen angels are in Gremory territory without permission, attacking someone who clearly didn’t have any sort of connection with our world, and killing them. This is just short of declaring war with our faction.”

 

“And who or what is part of this faction?” Alicia finally spoke up, his eyes narrowed slightly as more pieces started appearing. Seeing Rias smile like someone who just won a prize narrowed them more.    

 

“I’m glad you asked Alicia, for it involves you as well. But to answer your question. we-” not even a second after saying that bat like wings erupted from the occult clubs backs, freaking Issei the heck out and causing Alicia to tense slightly and insinctly think of the best weapons to defend himself.  “-are devils.”

 

“More specifically,” Rias stood up and bowed a little at the waist. “I am Rias Gremory, heiress of the house of Gremory.” she then gestured to each of the other devils. “ and the rest of the occult club is part of my peerage.”

 

Akeno was the first to step forward and bowed as well. "Akeno Himejima, queen of the Gremory peerage and vice president of the occult club."

 

Next was kiba who was leaning on the wall. "Kiba yuuto, knight of the Gremory peerage."

 

And last but not least was Koneko. "Koneko Toujou, rook."

 

Issei was still freaking out as they finished and was staring dumbly at them. Alicia however was thinking of their introduction and comparing it to the one he heard before. He was odd like that.

 

"7 out of 10." He said as he sipped on the water he grabbed from his bag. Seeing the baffled looks brought a sense of joy to him. "I've heard worse, far worse but yours wasn't bad it just needs a bit of work"

 

'The tyrantula was a far, far worse thing to meet.' He tried hard to suppress the shudders that threatened to erupt as he remembered the terrifying monster. Creepy skeleton spider.

 

“Anyway, Issei do you remember what happened after Yuuma tried to kill you?” Rias choughed to bring everyone’s attention back to her. When Issei told her no she sighed. “Then do you remember taking a pamphlet like this one?”

 

Reaching into her desk again she pulled out a piece of paper with a circle on it, from what Alicia could see the circle was remarkably close to the rapportal Pavo used. Letters and symbols covered the circle though what each one meant Alicia could only guess. He could however read the kanji on the bottom.

 

‘Grant any wish huh.’

 

“After you were stabbed, you inadvertently activated the summoning circle with your wish.” Rias said as she handed the pamphlet to Issei. “Through your wish you managed to summon me to your side and i was able to save you,”

 

“Y-you saved me?” the look of shock on Issei’s face was obvious. “H-how?”

 

Rias leaned back in her chair as she looked at him, her expression showing nothing. “I do apologise Issei but in order to save your life i was forced to take drastic measures,” her expression changed to an apologetic one. “I was forced to convert you to a devil.”

 

Issei was stunned and so was Alicia. He didn’t know how it was possible to just change your species like that. He had to use a magical item that took over 300 years to create in order to find a loophole and become a fallen celestial and she said it like it was nothing. Fortunately for both Alicia and Issei’s minds Rias continued speaking.

 

“By using an evil piece. I am very sorry this is not what i had in mind when i made the decision to invite you to my peerage. I had planned on inviting you and well, asking you if you would join not this. I should explain what an evil piece is now shouldn’t i.” the last part wasn’t asked. Taking a breath to mentally calm herself as well organise her thoughts Rias came up with an explanation. 

 

“Evil pieces are a magic relic created by Ajuka Beelzebub, one of the four great devils, to help replenish the devil population after the great war 300 years ago. Evil pieces are modeled after a chess set, a king, queen, two knights, two bishops, two rooks and eight pawns equaling 16 pieces. Technically. Each piece has their own special power unique to them as well as a drawback. A Knight piece will grant a person enhanced speed and mobility but will have low defence and if their legs are hurt that speed will be lessened. A rook will have enhanced strength and durability but will be slow moving and have trouble with fast moving opponents. Bishops have incredible demonic and magic power but much like stamina they can quickly exhaust their magic and it takes time to restore.”

 

“Queens are the most powerful, having all the bonuses the other pieces make them the most balanced as well. Queens also serve as the king's second in command and help oversee the rest of the peerage. Pawns are considered both powerful and weak, they do not gain any passive enhancements but instead gain the ability to promote and gain the powers of the other pieces.”

 

“You Issei had to be revived with all eight of my pawns.” Rias finished explaining.

 

 

 

“So now what?” Issei asked, his voice expressing just how confused he is.

 

“Unfortunately due to your circumstances, the effects and consequences of being reincarnated into a devil i am now in charge of making sure nothing bad happens to you.”

 

This time Alicia was the one that spoke. “Forgive me for sounded clueless but what do you mean by that.”

 

Rias sighed and folded her hands together as she prepared to give him the bad news of becoming a reincarnated devil. “The volatile nature of demonic energy has to have a medium to be controllable, in this case Issei must remain in the presence of his master, me, until his body becomes strong enough to handle it or he becomes a high class devil where he could then become a king himself. If he should not be will become a stray devil and i will have no choice but to hunt him down.”

 

Issei froze after he heard that, normally hearing something about being hunted by someone like Rias would have made him excited but after hearing everything that changed.

 

“Hopefully it won't come down to that but i will need your full cooperation Issei.” Rias stood up again and bowed, this time a bending at the waist. Issei blushed at the view. “Please allow me to make up for my mistake.”

 

The brown haired boy stretched his head as he came to terms with everything he was told. However with Rias bowing like that his mind quickly made a decision. “O-ok i, what exactly do i do?”

 

The red head stood up and gave a gentle smile making him blush a little more. “You will have to join the occult club so i can keep an eye on your development and so i can give you tasks to help increase and exercise your power.”

 

 "Ooohh it's one of those situations." At the slightly confused looks he got Alicia elaborated. "It's like water and a dam, kind of. You are the dam that slowing down water which in this case is demonic energy, only you're slowly letting more and more through. Or a gate if you want to get a better comparison."

 

It's the best he could think of as clearly mana and magic work differently here than they did in his old world. Back home as long as you had enough mana and proficiency you could cast a lot of spells. Here it already sounds different.

 

"I mean, sure i guess that works." 

 

Rias visibility hesitated at that analogy but quickly got over it as she faced Alicia. 

 

"You have your own questions Alicia don't you."

 

"I do but it's only polite that i introduce myself as well."

 

Standing up Alicia walked away from the couch so he wouldn't hit konny with his wings. Turning so he was facing everyone in the room Alicia closed his eyes and summoned a set of armor he has not used in over 2 and a half years. His old celestial outfit displaced his school uniform, the feeling of wearing something that has been with him since he was ‘born’ brought a sense of comfort he had missed. His wings shot out of his back easily exiting the back.

 

Over the course of a year his wings somewhat changed. The red tips had increased from only being the tips, now having vine like patterns running half way up each feather. 

 

Bowing Alicia formally introduced himself. “Greetings I am Alicia Krieger, former champion celestial of the observatory. Now student of Kuoh academy, i do hope you will not treat me any differently."

12