chapter 5
457 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door to Alicia's apartment gently opened, allowing some of the moonlight inside. Koneko flipped the lightswiches before gently guiding the aforementioned trap inside. He barely seemed to react to her pulling him along. 

 

It was honestly kind of worrying her. She was really unused to Alicia acting like this. While he was reserved and patient, seeing him act dead to the world bothered her immensely. The story he told also told a very big picture that helped bring some things to light. The fact he was technically a fallen angel was a very big surprise to learn, but his lack of knowledge of electronics and such was a lot more understandable. His world probably didn’t have much, if any, modern technology. Heck they probably haven’t reached the industrial era yet. 

 

“Come, sit.” Koneko bluntly said as she pushed him onto his couch where she joined him. She frowned as he barely seemed to notice. “Alicia, speak to me.”

 

Nothing, Alicia continued to blankly stare in front of him.

 

“Alicia?

 

Ever so slowly Koneko reached over and grasped his shoulder, that seemed to get him to jolt. The look in Alicia's eyes was full of grief and his normally bright pink eyes looked dull. For a second neither of them moved and then Alicia launched himself at Koneko, nearly knocking the both of them down. She froze for a second before the sounds of her sobs of her friend unfroze the tiny devil girl. Koneko wrapped her arms around him as tight as she risked to. Alicia for his part clenched just as tight, while being mindful of his bionic arm. The two sat there for several minutes as the trap released the hold he had over his emotions.

 

Finally Alicia let go of his friend, one of the few he could truly call that, and wiped his red puffy eyes. Sniffling He opened his mouth but nothing seemed to want to come out. After a few seconds Koneko grabbed his hands. Privately Koneko couldn’t help but already miss the feeling of her friend.

 

“Calm, breathe Ali, deep breath.” Koneko instructed/recitied the same things Rias would say whenever she would have nightmares when she was younger. “Take a deep breath, hold it, let it out.”

 

Thankfully Alicia seemed to be just coherent enough to listen.

 

“Talk?”

 

“Wha-what do you want to know?” it brought pain to Koneko’s heart to hear just how fragile the trap's voice was. Just how bad did his world get to bring such a strong person down?

 

“Kin, what were they like?”

 

Alicia grimaced at the question. After spending so much time among the humans of the protectorate he had come to some really bad facts and he told this to Koneko.

 

“Arrogant, really full of themselves.” it tasted foul on his tongue to speak ill of his kin, especially since over half of them died by the time he got back home. “They believed themselves to be the greatest thing created, far superior than the humans who had seemingly everything trying to kill them. Many had never seen a human in person, the guardians were the only ones allowed to go to the protectorate.”

 

“... sorry.”

 

“Don’t be, it’s not your fault.”

 

The duo would continue to sit on the couch for another hour before Koneko ordered some takeout for them to eat. Eventually Koneko would have to leave however. But for now Alicia needed someone to be his piller.

 

        

 

Alicia solemnly looked out the window of his room. Konny had left an hour ago telling him they still had school tomorrow and that Rias was going to explain some more history to him and Issei plus show some of the Abilities they had. But try as he might he could not go back to sleep, over the past year he had been ignoring some horrifying thoughts and telling the occult club had brought them back to the front of his thoughts. 

 

'Are they ok?' 'What about eerin and the inn?'

 

'Are monster's still running rampant.'

 

'What happened in the realm of the almighty after I struck that orb.'

 

'Did my lady gather my friends' souls so they can rest for eternity.'

 

These thoughts and many more plagued him. But with the help of his new friends he might get just a little bit better.

 

Alicia shook his head widely, trying to concentrate. Jumping off his bed the Trap opened his inventory causing a white, semi transparent circle to appear. The circle itself contained a multitude of shapes inside of it, the most prominent of which was the one in the center. It looked like three T’s put together in Y shape. The circle seemingly split down the middle and opened.

 

This was something Pavo had taught him after he started losing track of everything he had. How did he lose track of everything you may ask? Well, Alicia may have a minor case of… hoarding items he found. But really it’s not as bad as you might think!

 

There's only a few dozen mannequins… for armor alone… and another few dozen for weapons...  

 

 

 

And a little over a hundred crates of medicine, potions, and materials… maybe…

 

Anywho, Alicia walked past all this and headed for the back, where his most precious items were located. At first glance one would assume the extremely rare and valuable items would be said items but they couldn’t be farther from the truth if they tried.

 

There were only a total of four items in this corner. The first was the Wight knights helm, the only piece of armor that came out relatively unscaved after the fight. One of it’s horns here snapped off halfway and the plume was even more tethered, there was even a crack along the visor. It was the only item Alicia had of the knight in good condition. The rest was littered in dents, ripped metal, and even melted sections. Alicia had originally wanted to bury his armor and skeleton within the ruins of his castle but the thought of his grave being defiled and the toxic state of said castle appalled him so Alicia resolved to do so after he had gathered the Fyggs and saved the world.

 

The second was far more unusual. At first glance you would assume it was a person and you would technically be correct. It was the doll of Marion, or as she was called Marionette. Which is a story in it’s self. The living doll of Marion came to life after the true Marion, who was a very sickly girl, was given a Fygg by her caretaker. Well rather healing the girl the fruit instead caused her already bad health to rapidly deteriorate until she sadly passed. However Marion had shared the fruit with her doll causing it to come to life and before she had died Marion had given her everything she owned and instructed her to make as many friends as possible, those she could not. Unfortunately Marionette had been a Doll and had no idea how to do so or how to manage finances or when she was being taken advantage of. So she gave whoever wanted money and believed she was making friends.

 

After the party had rescued her from F.I.C.K.O and the Tyrantula, who she thought was a friend, Marion gently tells the doll that she should stop pretending to be her. When they had returned to bloomingdale they found out Marionette had told everyone she was going to be exploring the world. They later found her lying against Marion’s gravestone as a doll again. Alicia had hoped he could convince Lady Celestria to grant her true life so she may truly live and make friends so before they had left he convinced their caretaker to let them put her body into a glass case where it wouldn’t be damaged.

 

The third broke his heart every time he laid eyes on it. Many would assume a simple iron sword would be just a weapon he picked up but it was who wielded it that mattered. The sword was originally his late mentors. After the party had defeated King Godwyn, Alicia and Aquila had spoken once more. Well they did talk before Aquila noticed the king trying to kill his student as his final act of defiance and sacrificed himself in order to save Alicia.         

 

The fourth… The fourth was a gift, given to him by his lady, Celestria. It was a plain white kite shield with gold trimming, adorning it was the figure of his Goddess holding a bright red ruby in the shape apple with her wings semi unfolded. It was given to him personally not long after he arrived in the observatory, when she revealed her true form.

 

To him simply seeing her was a gift in of itself but to be given an item personally created by her sent Alicia over the moon in happiness.

 

Alicia went to his knees in front of the last one, clasped his hands together, closed his eyes and prayed to her. Never noticing the ruby in the shield flash. 

The next day Alicia was back in the Occult club with Koneko. Sitting on the couch like yesterday they waited for Issei and Kiba to enter. Like she apparently normally did, Akeno was serving tea to everyone in the room that wanted some.

 

“So Alicia?” Akeno asked out of the blue while she was making tea. Getting a humm she continued. “When you spoke about your world yesterday it got me wondering, what kind of magic do you have?”

 

Alicia tapped his chin as he thought about it. “That’s a pretty broad question, are you asking what magic I personally know or what types of magic that exist in my world?”

 

“How about, what kind of magic existed in your world.”

 

“Well first my world's magic probably isn’t done the same way as yours is. There's pure spells as I like to call them and weapon spells.” Alicia started to recite his knowledge as if he was reading a book at this point. “Pure spells are ones that use an element such as fire, wind or darkness to attack or they might be healing spells capable of reviving the dead. Weapon spells are exactly what they sound like, spells that work with weapons.”

 

“Oh? Would you expand on that please.” now it seemed like Koneko and Rias were getting interested in his magic.

 

The trap scratched his cheek as he explained to the best of his ability. “Well if i had a sword in my hand i would be able to cast falcon slash which let’s me strike four times in a second. Or if I had a whip and casted trammel lash I could paralyze someone.” 

 

Rias was the one that spoke this time. “How about you Alicia, what kind of spells do you know?”

 

This time the fallen winced making them worried if they brought up bad memories again.

 

“Due to my title of… champion of Celestria… i am able to use every spell my kin had collected over the years, even the ones most mortals are forbidden to learn.”

 

“Forbidden spells.” Koneko tilted her head, surprised her friend knew such a thing.

 

“Instant kill spells that can remove whole armies if need be.” Alicia decided not to mention he technically had three instant kill spells under his belt, whack, thwack and kathwack, and how he could cast it dozens of times before running out of mana.

 

“...oh… wow.”

 

What they didn’t know didn’t hurt them.

 

{a few minutes later.}

 

“President we’re back.” Kiba announced as he walked in with Issei. The two were oblivious to the awkwardness permitting in the room. “Are we ready for tonight.”

 

“We should Be.” Akeno said with a thoughtful expression. Seeing that Rias hadn't moved since Alicia had dropped that very deadly bombshell on them, Akeno reached over to the desk and poked her cheek. That seemed to get her attention as Rias coughed and gave her newest pawn a piercing look. 

  

“Now issei do you remember Why Raynare wanted you killed?” Rias asked.

 

“Uhh something sacred? Something like that.” Issei was clearly uncomfortable with the whole, remembering what your date told you when she tried to kill you without remembering the sting of betrayal, things going off in his head.

 

“Raynare killed you because you possess an item of immense power, a sacred gear to be exact. See sacred gears are items of power, though their strength varies, given to humanity by the biblical god. These items have been recorded to be possessed by legends of history such as leonidas, hercules, joan of arc. While I don't know exactly which one you have, I do have my suspicions.” Rias explained. She gained a thoughtful expression as she stood up. Slowly the heir circled the nervous boy. “Hold up your hand as if you're raising your fist in the air.”

 

Despite Giving the redhead a look of ‘i don’t know what i’m doing’ Issei followed her directions and lifted his arm in the air. 

 

“Now i want you to calm your breath, yes just like that, and feel for anything inside you, from what i have heard it might be an energy or feeling or something like that ok. When you find it I want you to ‘grab’ it in a manner of speaking and gently guide it to the surface as if you were trying to herd an animal” Rias spoke in a calm tone, hoping what she was saying was actually working. Walking in front of him she crossed her under her bosom, and closed her eyes to see if she couldn’t help him feel for that ‘something’.

 

Issei slowed his breathing down, searching for something that even remotely resembled what his new master spoke of. Minutes passed as the two stood there with their eyes closed. The four other people watched with piqued interest at first but after seeing nothing happen they each started doing their own thing. Akeno and Kiba grabbed magazines to read while Koneko went back to ignoring everyone. Alicia laid her head back and waited for something to happen.

 

However As Issei couldn’t even be considered the greenest of novice and had only been a devil for what, 2-3 days by now, it didn’t long for him to start showing frustration over the fact that he couldn’t do it. The plain looking boy dropped his arm with a huff.

 

“Sorry president, I couldn't do it. It felt like it was resisting me.” Issei looked down in shame as he spoke.

 

Rias sighed and leaned back against her desk. While Issei looked for his sacred gear she had decided to see how much magic he had, maybe there was a problem there. But what she saw, yikes, there wasn’t a way to sugarcoat it.

 

“Unfortunately i believe i found the problem. Issei you have little to no magic inside you, in fact i would say most infants have more than you.” Rias bluntly told her newest pawn, which to issei felt like someone stabbed him in the heart… again. “This means i’ll have to adjust my plans for you a little bit. Normally I would have you start passing out pamphlets out around town and when someone uses them you would use a summoning circle to get them instantly but with the meager amount of mana your body produces you would be unable to produce them.”

 

Issei wilted even more as it was laid out. “Do you know why i have so little mana?”  he sounded unsure of himself as he spoke but i mean who wouldn’t. An infant has more power than him.

 

Surprisingly it was Kiba that answered, which made sense as he did have a sacred gear. 

 

“It might be due to your sacred gear itself.” Kiba explained with a hand under his chin, when he was prompted by his master he continued. “With my own sacred gear, sword birth, I can create a multitude of swords at the cost of my mana. As you can imagine i am essentially creating a brand new weapon every time i use it so most of my mana goes towards sustaining it. Your own might be in a sort of hibernation mode due to you never using it and may need a ‘boost’ before it will awaken.”

 

Hearing this Akeno and Rias gained a thoughtful expression, while Issei gave the ‘damn pretty boy’ a glare.

 

“It would make sense, Kiba’s has been awakened since an early age while yours was never given a nudge.” Rias spoke more to herself than to the room but they still heard it.

 

“Well how would i ‘awaken’ my sacred gear?” Issei was getting frustrated at all the things he wasn’t able to understand, which the Redhead noticed and made a mental note to get some books for him to read. Maybe Alicia too.

 

“While it may not be the best option, the only thing i can think of would be if you were put in a situation where your sacred gear was forcibly awakened. Like umm I forget the name of it, when normal humans can damage their own body but a child can lift a car.” Rias snapped her fingers as she tried to remember the rare state she heard of before.

 

“Hysterical strength?” Alicia supplied with hesitation.”

 

“Yes that’s it! Hem thank you Alicia.” Rias choughed as she focused her attention back on Issei. “I don’t want to do that unless i have to, so for not you’ll have to do it the much harder and time consuming way.”

 

“Uhh what does that mean?”

 

“Tell me issei, do you have a bike?”

“Thank you.” Koneko said as she and Alicia flew through the air. “Didn’t have to.”

 

“No, but I was curious about how you do these things.” when Rias had told Koneko that she had a summon in a little bit he had expressed interest seeing how these pacts were done, his world didn’t have anything similar in that regard. At least as far as he knew.

 

“Hmm.”

 

Soon enough they landed in front of a rather plain apartment. Nothing particularly stood out about it, the place looked like a cookie cutter complex you could find all over Japan. Koneko knocked on the door labeled 2-1 and waited for a response. Alicia put his hands behind his head and rocked on his feet as he waited. Soon enough the door cracked open letting a weathered face peek through.

 

“Koneko? You didn’t come through the circle like normal.” the man said with a frown.

 

“Friend wanted to see.” like always the tiny girl was blunt as she spoke.

 

The man sighed as he opened the apartment door letting the two get a better look at him. The man had a weathered tired look on his face as he welcomed them in, he wasn’t dangerously thin but he definitely needed to eat more and needed to get more rest as he looked like he was 40 despite being in his early 20’s according to Konny.

 

“Soo mr. Morisawa, what do you normally call Koneko for?” Alicia asked as he looked around the apartment. From what he could see the walls were lined with shelves containing books, dvds, figures and framed pictures.

 

“Normally? Well I call upon dear Koneko whenever I need a pick me up. I guess you could call it. You see Since I was a child I was enamored with the thought of non-human girls, especially the super strong ones, like the Yuki-onnas in mythology. When I discovered the Gremory pamphlets I just knew I would be able to find them, plus I enjoy having Koneko carry me around like a princess.” Morisawa gushed as he set refreshments out on the table for his guests. “Other times I call her when I find an outfit of cosplay clothing that I think would look amazing on her or to play games together.”

 

“Ah, I see that makes sense.” While most people would have been at least confused if not disrupted by such a thing Alicia cocked an eyebrow and took a sip of her drink.

 

“Well how about you Miss… I'm sorry I don't believe I ever got your name.” the man at least had enough decency to look embarrassed about not knowing one of his guests' names.

 

“Alicia Krieger, and i’m male.”

 

“Mister Krieger then, do you cosplay?” you have to give the guy credit for barely flinching as the crossdressing male introduced himself.

 

“I do in the sense but i haven’t gotten the chance to get my normal outfits out of the box in a while, <sigh> it doesn’t help some of them were damaged a year ago and i haven’t gotten the chance to get them repaired, nor do i know a place in Kuoh that can do the more delicate material.” Alicia admitted with a sorrowful expression that Morisawa was soon sharing.

 

“There is nothing worse for an outfit collector than having damaged clothing and not being able to fix them.” Morisaw agreed with that and reached for his wallet, pulling out a card he handed it to the trap. “Here, it’s a clothing store in downtown Kuoh that specializes in repairs and construction, even if they can’t fix it they could at least point you in the right direction.”

 

“Oh why thank you.”     

 

Koneko had an even more deadpan expression if that was possible as she watched the rather strange scene happening in front of her. The two outfits collectors exchanged numbers as they promised to meet up again to share outfit ideas. A little part of Koneko cried at the thought of these two creating an outfit together. Knowing how they think the outfit would probably be very colorful and girly. Thankfully the rest of the pact went rather well in her opinion, Morisawa needed someone to act as his player two in a difficult game. Pulling out her phone Koneko used the app that calculated the cost of the pact and after Morisawa paid for it the two went on their way.

 

“Are most of your pacts like that?”

 

“yes.”

 

     

Later that night the occult club and Alicia were back at the classroom, apparently Issei had actually managed to get those pamphlets distributed rather quickly so Rias called him back saying something important came up and that it would serve as a good lesson for the two new people.

 

“Do you remember what i said yesterday about Stray devils?" 

 

“Uhh you said like, because of the volatile nature of demonic energy you need to act as a medium and if I'm not careful I could become one. Right?” Issei scratched his head as he remembered what she said.

 

“You are correct for the most part. Stray devils are for the most part reincarnated devils that have completely rebelled against their masters and have transformed into a monster.” Rias explained to them. Now for what she wanted them over for. “Earlier I was informed by some sources that one has recently taken up residence in an abandoned warehouse on the edge of town. We have been tasked with eliminating it before it can do any harm to the population.”

 

Alicia's eyes narrowed as he thought about how she worded it. “Forgive me for asking for clarification but what exactly does ‘completely rebelled against masters’ entail?”

 

“Should a reincarnated devil stray from their master the energy being filtered will become more and more volatile.” Rias explained once she realized how it could be taken. “These devils will become corrupted and become twisted versions of themselves. Hence their name.”

 

Issei hesitantly raised his hand. “I won’t have to… fight… the stray devil will i?”

 

Rias shook her admittedly. “No! I would never do that! Issei you have been a devil for only a few days, you have nothing that could be counted as combat experison. Making you fight an experienced Stray would mean sending you to your death!”

 

Alicia watched as Issei visibly relaxed, knowing didn't need to fight something out of his league must have been a weight off his shoulders. Still the Fallen couldn’t help but wonder, how monstrous did stray devils get and how did they hold up against the monster from his world. Either way this was a great opportunity to see how the occult club fought. 

 

“How are we exactly getting there?” Alicia asked.

 

“You’re coming along?” Koneko questioned, tilting her head.

 

“Yup.”

 

“Well umm.” Akeno seemed nervous as she spoke. “Normally we would use a teleportation circle to instantly get us there but since your magic operates on a different system i’m not totally sure how it would work together. It could do nothing when you use it or it could become a totally different spell. If you're adamant on coming with us we could use it as an impromptu lesson for Issei, after all he does need to learn how to use his wings.”

 

Alicia nodded at the explanation while Issei whimpered, the perverted boy already knew it was going to be a painful lesson.

 

“When should we be going?”

 

“Soon, we just need to get Issei used to moving his wings and make sure he can fly.” Issei sinked into the cushion with another whimper, trying to hide himself when Akeno grinned sadistically. 

“Oof!” Issei slammed back into the old school roof. Groaning, the boy rolled onto his side and pushed himself up, shaking as he did.

 

“Come on Issei, get into the air again.” Rias called out. It was late enough that the rather abnormal group didn’t need to worry about anyone finding out they weren't human. “I want you to hover 6 feet in the air for at least 5 seconds before the end of the week, one more time got it!”

 

“Yes president!”

 

Issei let his wings unfold from his back, it had taken them around 20 minutes to teach him how to consciously do that. Granted 5 of those minutes were the Rias, Akeno and Alicia trying to explain how to ‘feel’ his wing but uhh they all had wings since they were born and it took Kiba taking the new devil to the side to explain it in more detail. Kiba in a rather… intimate like gestures… had trailed his hands along the other boys back to help him find that ‘muscle’ that he needed to feel in order to use the wings. Issei hadn’t been too happy at first but when Rias had told him the knight was probably the only one to help with this he had conceded. 

 

Slowly moving his wings Issei concentrated on the feeling of his wings, and jezz that still messed with him. His wings started moving faster after a few seconds and he started to ever so slowly hover off the ground. Once Issei had reached a little over 2 feet off the ground the beating of his wings started to grow more erratic, and like a puppet that just had it’s string cut the perverted boy collapsed to the ground with another yelp.

 

“Ughh President is it supposed to feel so weird?” the boy groaned as he laid on the ground.

 

“It’s vertigo, your brain is saying you shouldn’t be in the air without anything holding you up so it’s believing something is wrong.” Alicia floated in the air not far from them, his own very large wings slowly flapping behind him. The others were on the ground being more supportive 

 

“Don’t worry Issei, with enough practice you will be flying in no time.” Kiba said, giving the boy a thumbs up and a smile. Issei tried to give him a dirty look but gave up when his body said, No. 

 

Rias clapped her hands getting everyone's attention. “Well, now that your short training is done, which we will divert half an hour for you to train after school is done every weekday, we can fly over to the warehouse the stray devil is squatting in. Issei you will be carried by Alicia as he is the only one here that has any sort of experience carrying people, the rest of us will fly around you two. When we get there I want you all to keep an eye out for the stray devil. The report said it could spray acid over a large distance and i don’t want any of us to be hit by steel melting acid.”

 

“”Yes president!””

 

“Wouldn’t be the first time.” Everyone gave the fallen a look of surprise, who shrugged in response. “It wasn’t exactly acid but I sure felt like I had acid on my skin.” 

 

“Ok… Well let's get flying everyone!”

 

    

If someone were to look up in the night sky they would be met with the perplexing sight of 6 Kuoh students flying through the air. Like it was discussed Issei was being held by Alicia who was flying closer to the ground than he normally would. Around them the rest of the occult club, some of whom were wearing new outfits. Well, technically. Akeno had a miko outfit that was evenly split in red and white, while the other Occult club members were wearing spare Kuoh academy uniforms with Koneko wearing a pair of kitten themed fighter gloves. 

 

Alicia was wearing his celestial outfit, really just because it gave him a chance to wear it again.

 

“So what can we expect from it?”

 

“Apart from acid, the report said it had clawed hands, an external stomach-mouth full of teeth connected to a lower centaur like body, a snake tail, and enhanced strength. It didn’t say if it’s tail can act as a weapon or if it was just an extra limb so be careful.” Rias replied as they passed the residential area, In just a few minutes they would be in the industrial districts in a few minutes.

 

“Do you have a plan?”

 

“Yep since the stray is in such an open area I plan on showing you two what the four of us are capable of. Akeno and I are well versed in long range magic, while Kiba and Koneko are our two close range fighters.” Rias ‘explained’.

 

Just as she finished they arrived at the warehouse. It was your stereotypical metal roofed warehouse you could find everywhere in the world, nothing special about it if you discounted the atmosphere around it. The door had a lock on- nevermind Koneko flicked it and it shattered into several pieces. She shoved the door out of the way before stepping to the side to let everyone else in. the warehouse was pitch black for Alicia, he couldn’t see much.

 

“Are we trying to be sneaky or do you care.” Alicia asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

“You can’t see?”

 

“No?.. you can see in the dark can’t you.”

 

“Yes all devils have night vision.” Rias said before standing in front of them all. Cupping her hands around her mouth she called out. “I’ll use a spell to give you some light in a second. Stray devil Viser, you have commetied several acounts of murder, cannabilism and attempting to kill your master. I, Rias Gremory, have been sent with my Peerage as your executioners.”

 

...

 

“So.. how long did you spend practicing that speech?” Alicia asked cheekily, causing Rias to blush and the rest of the Occult club to smile.

 

“Alicia! Shut up. You’re ruining the moment!” Rias tried to sound harsh but with the blush on her face the effect was nil.

 

For a moment there was nothing, then a sultry voice spoke out. 

 

“Oh what’s this I smell, something horrible but something devine as well. I wonder, when i eat you, will you taste sweet, or bitter?” out from the shadows a voluptuous figure, long black hair trailed the back of it’s form. while most of the group, Alicia still couldn't’ see, couldn’t look at the entirety of its being it was enough for them. 

 

“B-b-b-boobs!” three guesses on who that is and the first two don’t count. 

 

Rias casted a light spell lighting the room up, both allowing Alicia to see and making the rest of Viser visible.

 

“Holy shit!”

 

“Is that normal?”  

 

Visers body… she… it was a monstrous looking thing, it stood on four red clawed hands that connected to a lower body three times the size of Rias with a snake tail lazily swinging behind it, a sort of jem like bulge sat where the stomach was though what it was used for was unknown. Speaking of it seemed the stray devil had… two torsos? One female human torso attached to a massive, muscular torso. The thing reminded her of Trigertuar but with less fur… and no spear.

 

“Like we said it turns them into grotesque monstrosities when they turn.” Kiba said. Holding out his hand he activated his sacred gear and in a flash he had a sword in his hand.

 

“It seems like the report was right, you do look horrible.” Rias gave the stray devil a look over before waving dismissively.

 

“Grrr~ insolent little girl, i’ll enjoy painting your body the same color as your hair.” Viser spat. What she did next disturbed the hell out of the group. Viser stated to rub her breasts eroticly and Issei struggled to keep his face straight, tiny magic circles appeared over it’s nipples. Green bolts shot out of them towards the group, forcing them to duck to avoid them. The bolts splashed against the warehouse walls and started to melt the metal walls.

 

Alicia gave the melting walls a disturbed look before giving Rias a dirty look. “You never said it shot acid like that.”

 

“You never asked, now hush.” Rias retorted with sarcasm. “Kiba you know what to do.”

 

“Of course President.” In a flash Kiba was gone, at least that's how it looked to everyone else. Issei exclaimed something about him disappearing but Alicia could see him perfectly. He watched as the knight dashed forward, sword angled towards the ground so he could do an upward slash. Once Kiba was in front of Viser he swung his sword at its left arm, slicing through it like butter, before chopping off its right arm. To everyone else it took less than 5 seconds for Kiba to partially disarm the stray devil. Viser screamed in pain as blood gushed from the stumps. Meanwhile Kiba dashed back to the group as Koneko stepped forward.

 

“Kiba is considered a prodigy swordsman in the underworld.” Rias explained proudly with her hands on her hips. “His natural swordsman ship combined with the Knights speed boost makes him a very difficult foe.”

 

The stray devil stumbed for a second and with a roar that was composed of pain and fury, Viser mutated even more. The jem-like bulge erupted in a crevice of sharp, flesh rending teeth and it’s face contorted in a ugly thing of long needle-like teeth. In just a few steps Viser was upon Koneko, its lower mouth thing encasing her. “Die!” 

 

Alicia tensed as Issei shouted in alarm, his MKS spear already in his hand and ready to impale it. Rias must have noticed the weapon as she spoke up before he could attack it.

 

“It’s alright you two.” Rias gave them a confident smile before she turned back to the fight. “Don’t let Koneko's stature fool you for a minute, as a rook she has a ridiculous amount of defence and strength. This won’t even scratch her.”

 

Viser chuckled darkly, believing to have just killed the while haired girl. The mouth thing seemed to struggle as if containing something, or in this case someone. Slowly the mouth was forced open by an irritated Koneko. Alicia looked over her body with a keen eye, looking for anything bruised, bleeding or red. But it looks like the only thing damaged were her clothes, something Alicia would rectify once he had the chance.

 

“Down you go.” in a rather powerful attack Koneko punched the side of the mouth, sending it flying across the room with shattered remnants of its teeth going everywhere. Alicia absintlymindly smacked a large tooth chuck that flew towards him out of the air as he watched it slam into the floor.

 

“I’ll have to remember not to cross Koneko.” Issei muttered.

 

While Alicia walked over to Koneko with a set of robes in his hands, Issei was thinking about how weak he was compared to the rest of the Occult club. He looked at his hands in thought.

 

‘Am I really that weak? I can barely stay in the air compared to the rest of them and according to the president I have little to no magic.’

 

This scene is here because I fucked up the scene order, by completely forgetting what order they were in, can’t figure out how to put it in without rewriting a big chunk of this,  and have already written over 6000 words and can’t bring myself to do another big ass scene.

 

Issei clenched his fist, feeling a few fingers pop from the pressure. He could feel himself getting agitated at how outclassed he was. Kiba moved faster than he could see and effortlessly disarmed a experienced stray in a single second, Koneko had launched it across the warehouse like a paper ball despite it properly weighing a few tons, Alicia from what he had said had fought two fallen angels and had not only defeated them but had done so like it was him taking out the trash. As if that wasn’t enough he still didn’t know what his master could do or Akeno for that matter!

 

‘What can i do? Punch things?’

 

Without him noticing Time seemed to slow down, and a voice spoke.

 

“Is this really my host?”

 

‘What! Who was that!’ Issei couldn’t move a muscle if he wanted to.

 

“Bah! Can’t even recognize his own sacred gear. What a pathetic host I have. that weird fallen over there is so much better, i wish i had gotten her instead.” the strange voice said.

 

‘What! No, i’m pathetic but not that pathetic!’

 

“Are you sure? because from what I can see all you're doing is bemoaning your circumstances rather than doing something.” the voice said in a mocking tone. “It’s no wonder you parents have no expectations for you, they don’t expect you to ever get a mate and have accepted that because of how weak you are!”

 

 Issei could feel the anger inside him swell, not only was he feeling like utter shit because of how powerless he felt his own fucking sacred gear was complaining about him! Actually you know what fuck this! He’ll show it! Whoever the voice is.

 

‘Well fuck you too then! I’ll show you!’ Issei screamed in his head.

 

“Show me? Show me what? How weak you are!” the voice mocked. 

 

‘No, I am going to show everyone, the rest of the Occult club, my parents, my bitch of an ex, everyone I am strong!’ if Issei could move he would be threshing around right now.

 

“And just how are going to do that huh you weakling.”


‘You’re my fucking sacred gear, i’m going to fucking use the damn power i was literly born with!’ Issei hadn’t noticed it yet but he was coming out of whatever time bullshit he was in, nor one of the detached arms of Viser twitching. 

 

“Are you? ‘Cause to me it seems like you don’t have the balls to do it! If you want to use your sacred gear, my power, in any way shape or form you better be ready to work for it! If you want to use the power, the strength of the heavenly dragon Ddraig you better be willing to fight, to bleed and when you end up on the ground you best get the fuck up and beat the crap out of whatever is in your way!”

 

‘Yeah!’

 

“Let me ask you Issei when you have so much bullshit that you can barely think coming your way what are you going to do? Are you going to collapse and fail? Or are you going to push yourself off the ground, roar your name to the heavens for all you would be challengers to hear and fight!”

 

‘I’m going to fight!’ by now time had returned to normal and the fight proceeded. Alicia gave the perverted boy a look of confusion as he had clearly felt the energy starting to come from him, and judging by the expression on Rias’s face she could too. She could see her only pawn start to shake slightly and frowned. She couldn’t tell if he was getting afraid or if it was something else. Turning back to the stray devil Rias made a mental note to make sure Issei was ok after all is said and done.

Viser groaned in pain as it tried to stand back up, but considering it was trying to lift a body 5 times its size with some thin human arms it looked quite ridiculous. As it struggled to get up it glared at the occult club. It could still somewhat feel it’s detached limbs so with a lot of effort Viser forced it’s blood dripping limbs to stand up on sharp fingers. Seeing as the red one and the white one were distracted, it decided to launch the arms at them in a soon to be final act of defiance.

 

The two hands flew through the air with claws ready to tear into barely protected flesh. but before they could get even close Issei and Alicia noticed them. Alicia with his MKS spear already in his hands casted cattle prod, causing the tip to become electrified, and stabbed the arm. The arm thrashed as it was electrified from the inside out.

 

Issei watched in slow motion as the arm came flying for his President, he felt a sliver of energy start to course through him as he thought about how if he did nothing the claws were going to hurt his master and how he couldn’t do anything to stop it. Vaguely remembering what she had said about his sacred gear, he ‘grabbed’ that sliver of energy and rather than guiding it to the surface like he was instructed to, Issei ‘pulled’ the energy with all of his might. Red light erupted from his left arm forming into a red-scaled gauntlet with a gem placed in the back of the hand.

 

Inside Issei’s soul a massive dragon smirked, as much as a giant lizard could. If there was one thing Ddraig had learned over centuries of being inside human hosts, it’s the best motivator they had was spite and wanting to prove someone wrong. 

 

Issei rushed and pushed Rias out of the way, surprising the heck out of her. With… no damn stance at all… Issei cocked a fist back and punched the dismembered limb. The arm exploded in a shower of bone, blood and shredded skin. Panting slightly the perverted boy faced his master with a worried look.

 

“Are you ok president? That thing didn’t hurt you, did it?”

 

Rias looked surprised for a second before snapping out of it, Coughing she brushed off her skirt. “Oh umm yes i’m quite fine Issei i didn’t get hurt at all. Thank you.”

 

“Speak for yourself.” Alicia said with a hint of disgust. The two looked over to the fallen and had to stifle their laughter. The Trap’s right side was mostly covered in blood and they could see his eyes twitching, Koneko had a bit of blood on her too but not as much as him.  “This is going to freaking stink.”

 

“Aghhhhhahha!!!!”

 

The four brought their attention back to Viser and Akeno as the former screamed in pain. Akeno was standing over the smoking body that looked like it was the stray devil but with the amount of burn marks on it’s body and the nonstop twitching it was kind of hard to tell. Yellow lightning danced across Akeno’s arms as she spoke in a… seductive tone?

 

“Oh my, it seems like you still have a bit of fight in you~” Akeno rested a hand against her cheek as a small blush found purchase on the beauty. “It looks like i can still punish you for trying to lay your hands on my king and comrades”

 

The lightning that was in her hands was launched into the air, said lightning then struck Viser again. As the stray screamed in pain Akeno gained a bigger blush and from what they could see she was very much enjoying its screams. Issei took a step back as she started to laugh in delight, the bravado from a second ago evaporating instantly. After letting Viser be shocked with lightning for a few more seconds, Rias finally stepped in.

 

“Akeno I do believe that's enough.” 

 

“Awwww already? But it was just getting...  exciting~” Akeno whined but nevertheless stepped back, getting out of her king’s way. 

 

Rias stepped right in front of Viser and regarded it with a look of disgust. Viser was laying in a small pool of spit and blood and could barely look at the crimson haired girl.

 

“Now, Viser, do you have any last words?”

 

“... end… it.”

 

“Very well then. Checkmate.” a large magic circle appeared in front of Rias and closed her eyes and concentrated on her very volatile powers. Blackish red energy poured out of the magic circle like a torrent, rushing towards the downed form of Viser. Rias’s magic covered the stray like a caustic bubbly sludge and seemed to shrink into itself and from Alicia and Issei’s point of view Viser seemed to...disappear… for a lack of words. “There we are. Viser’s dead now, never to hurt another person again. Well not that that’s over let’s head back to the club. Issei seemed to have actually unlocked his sacred gear, somehow.”   

 

Most of the Occult club nodded at that, Issei had just awakened his sacred gear after a few hours of being told it was hibernating and they were all curious about what gear it was.

 

“While you do that I'm heading back to my apartment to take a quick shower.” Alicia started to walk out of the warehouse, grumbling as he did so. “It’s going to take forever to get the blood out of this leather...”

 

Once the fallen was outside the warehouse Alicia casted zoom and snapped his finger, in a blue flash he was gone as if he was never there to begin with.

 

“well that certainly seems fast.”

 

 

It didn’t take long for Alicia to shower and throw his celestial outfit back into his storage for him to wash later in the week. He appeared outside the old school building in a blue flash and quickly made his way to the club room. Inside three of the Occult club members were lounging around, presumably waiting for him.

 

“Sorry it took so long, I had to make sure none of my other outfits got blood on them.” looking around the fallen didn’t see Akeno or Koneko in the room and asked where they were.

 

“Don’t worry, Akeno’s making sure any cuts Koneko may have gotten are disinfected and grabbing her a new uniform.” Kiba answered. Looking past the trap he spoke again. “What do you know here they are.” 

 

Koneko had a new uniform on and a small band-aid on one of her knuckles, the one she used to punch the stray’s mouth. Akeno followed not far behind her. Rias set the book she was reading down and clapped her hands together, bringing everyone's attention to her.

 

“Now that everyone is here, let's get started. Issei if you would please bring you sacred gear out.”

 

The perverted boy did just that. In a flash of green light the red scaled gauntlet appeared over his left arm, Issei flexed his finger as he felt the gauntlet over his hand before offering it to her. Rias grasped the gauntlet and looked over it with a keen eye. The gauntlet was covered in red spikes, there was a massive emerald orb on the back of the palm and each finger ended in a sharpened tip. The crimson haired girl turned the gauntlet over a few times before releasing it.

 

“I want to say it’s twice critical but it looks far more different than what the illustrations show, so it may be a different sacred gear.” Rias walked back to her chair and flopped into it. Butting her face in her hands she groaned audibly. “Which means I most likely will have to change my plans… again.”

 

Alicia tried very hard not to smile at her misfortune. While it may seem harsh the Fallen believed she should learn to have flexible plans now rather than during a fight. It would be far less painful than how he had learned.

 

“Issei starting tomorrow i want you to start exercising, somewhere between 6-7 in the morning if possible. It’s the weekend so you can exercise for a few hours before stopping for the day.” Rias grabbed a sheet of paper of her dest and crossed out a few things and added others. “This is so you can start improving your physique and it will help improve your magic capabilities. I’ll work on finding out what your sacred gear is in the meantime.”

 

The pervert nodded and accepted the slightly modified plan.

 

“While I wished I could help, but I have the least amount of experience with this kind of stuff.” Alicia thought for a second before hesitantly speaking. “Although…”

 

“Although what.”

 

“I do have an idea on how to help but you're probably not going to like it.” At Rias’s gesture to explain further, the Trap sighed. “I could use some summon cards I have and make Issei fight them, not any particularly strong ones, maybe a few ‘crows and a mortoad if I feel like he’s not doing it right. I just need an open place to summon them, preferably not near Kuoh as they can get… loud.”

 

While understandable confused on what those monsters are Rias nevertheless told him she would try and find a place for him to summon them. Issei scratched his cheek as he debated whether or not he should tell them about the voice he heard.

8